• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Daily Post ~ Monday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP Yes, WW No
    Exercise ~ 15 minute walk during lunch

@Katmary71 will do! I had a yonanas machine as well. Not sure where it went to…
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I will say some prayers for Bill.

@laurelfit57 - Vannie is too cute. I hope your driving thing works!

Lisa
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @19shmoo69 and @micaroo4 what is this step group?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I do have a season pass again this year, it is so convenient and we can just go whenever we want and stay as long (or as little) as we want. One of my friends also has a pass so sometimes I go with her. Yeah I figure since I am able to donate blood, I will. It doesn't take long and it saves lives! Wow, that is crazy temps! I hope you get the rain you need. Oh Vannie! Throwing tantrums lol! I hope your plan works and she gets brownies lol. So sweet looking, she is so pretty I just love her!

@Katmary71 Thanks! No the bites look worse than they are, but they are healing now. I'm glad the birthday dinner went well. Thai food is my favorite! I'm sorry about the broken flapper. I hope the bridge goes well and isn't painful to do. I hope Bill goes to the doctor, that doesn't sound good!

Hi all. My depression continued yesterday. It wasn't helped by the dogs getting in 2 fights before we left for work. I was in a crappy mood all day. Too much to do and not in the mood to do it. I hope today is better.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Light breakfast and lunch, didn't eat my feelings.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69 and @micaroo4 what is this step group?

@gemwolf110 every week there's a challenge that all of the groups can participate in. This week it's a step (two person team) challenge. There's a link to it on the Saturday posts.
  • Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @Cornanda LOL Gus watching TV is too adorable!

@DJill68 Good luck at the gym, those are awesome shoes! Oh no I know what you mean by sleep anxiety, that’s so frustrating, I hope it smooths out for you. I hope everything in the garden is hanging in there.

@trooworld Those are the best photos, thanks for sharing! Oh no I’m sorry to hear about the pups and not feeling good, hope the bites aren’t too bad.

@txcritter69 Gentle hugs and love to you.

@fairymange @DJill68 @txcritter69 Great first week of May especially for the three of you, wtg!

@19shmoo69 I spot your kids in the mosh pit waving, looks like they had fun!

@Mariamamjad How many hours do you go fasting when you intermittent fast?

@gemwolf110 I can’t wait to hear how you like the Ninja creami. I’ve been mixing nonfat yogurt with a packet of stevia and fruit and putting it in the freezer for 20 minutes, it’s really good but now I want dessert every night. I borrowed my SILs Yonanas and that’s really good too but need to give it a good cleaning.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Aw Vannie is so pretty, sorry to hear she found her way to a puddle! I do better with fresh produce in the house too.

Hi everyone! My nephew’s birthday was fun yesterday, we went out for Thai food then back to my parent’s house for cupcakes and ice cream. I made popcorn when I got home too so I’m trying to be strictly back on track today so I don’t keep stress eating. My flapper (fake tooth) broke so I was too embarrassed to go to the store though I can just wear a mask if I need to, I have an emergency dental appointment to start the bridge tomorrow. My boyfriend hasn’t been doing well, his blood clot is getting bigger instead of smaller and he’s not making a lot of sense and sleeping a lot. I can’t get there so I keep begging him to call a friend or his family to help and he’s not listening to me or answering my questions. Have a great Tuesday.
    No Zero Days
    - Great water
    - Healthy food under calories
    - Cardio/weight videos and stretching

Between 17-19
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    DJill68 wrote: »
    05ghjl65ou2c.jpeg
    Can anyone relate?

OMG yesssss my thighs for sure!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 136.4
    CW: 136.2

Woohoo almost 19 weeks in the Green for me. It's harder than it seems, I'm so paranoid about going above 140 that I actually thew away some nuts. Yesterday I switched things up with squash Noodles and Shrimp with Mushrooms.

I went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning, I dread the dentist but today was actually a nice visit.

I'm taking my car to the dealership on Thursday to get the windshield replaced, the clock looked at since I am locked out of setting the time, regular service and rotate the tires too.

I signed up for "Time of Use" electric rate plan, which means they charge double the normal rate between the hours of 4pm -9pm 7 Days a week, so I have been arranging my life around those hours. The dishwasher is easy, and my washer has a delay feature so I can set it to run while we sleep then dry the clothes in the morning. I should restrict bathing and baking too. I don't really cook at night; I just use the microwave to pop popcorn. Our electric bill is over $600 a month so we turned the heater down to 62 and are just wearing a jacket to stay warm. But in the summer months we will need to run the air conditioner, I can't sleep when it's hot and I hurt all over if I get too hot or too cold. I have a medical baseline allowance but they do not take into account that we are all electric so our base line should not change from summer to winter.

@laurelfit57 Vannie looks so pretty after visit to the groomers. Your weather is absolutely nuts, but it's sort of like that here too. Really hot, then raining, and now its jacket weather again. I'm hoping it stays cool for as long as possible.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope today was better for you too. I know when your plate is already full the animals not getting along makes it even more overwhelming.

@DJill68 Thank you! I hope you like the book! Way to go on joining the gym and going! I can tell you now chances are most likely that people in the step challenge started lower than they’re doing now. I started walking in water once a week, everyone is a beginner at one point which is easy to forget. Beautiful hydrangea!

@19shmoo69I hope your wife feels better after some time, it can take awhile to adjust to new medicine.

@FushiaKat It’s funny being in the RED is so blaring it DOES end up being scary!

Hi team! Starting to feel back on track thank goodness. The greenhouse wasn’t ready for me to help at and I didn’t want to be at the farm without a front tooth so I worked out at home, did some work, then did Walmart pickup and stopped at Safeway. I was at the dentist for a few hours but have a temp bridge now. I did see when I first got up that Bill was back in the hospital without his phone as a nurse had emailed me, I talked to him awhile ago and he’d been passing out so he went back and more tests are being run. I think he’s finally going to call a friend to help him. We’re only 2 hours apart but being in different states would affect his insurance if he came here so I’m back to waiting and seeing what happens.

No Zero Days
    - Under calories semi healthy
    - Great water
    - Hang drums
    - Chair cardio, weights, stretching
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hello all! I have been absent from here and hope to change that. I am trying to stay atop everyone’s posts so I don’t get lost.

Didn’t have a fantastic food day today. Started off ok but insert the snacks and I fall apart. I was a bit stressed today as my hubby was away and I was doing the bulk of everything after a full day of work. On top of that, I decided to make a healthier supper and got all fresh ingredients. My picky kids decided they didn’t like it, but tough, that’s all I made. I was feeling a bit unappreciated after trying to make a good meal and have them bawk at it. At least hubby enjoyed it once he made it home.
    Struggling to get myself motivated to start running again. Did only a few blocks the other day. If weather holds, maybe tomorrow.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

🎉Congratulations to all those who have had a loss this week and those who made the leaderboard 🎉

@laurelfit57 Good loss this week. Wow what a temperature fluctuation! Vannie is adorable! I laughed at the grooming lasting a day. Same here, my girls will come home and go straight to the dirt and roll. We try to get one cuddle session in asap. 😂

@Mariamamjad a good loss, well done! Glad you found something that works for you.

@gemwolf110 making your own ice-cream is a blessing. I have a machine for fruits and its nice but I am happy with my pb and banana. I freeze the bananas, blend with pb and a splash of milk. The kids love it and I don’t worry about them diving into a ton of sugar.

@DJill68 congrats on your loss this week and joining the gym. I hope you find a way to get some more zzz in. Have you tried magnesium, I hear it helps. Doing steps, go slow and build up slow. The first time I laid on my mat to do a workout, I thought I would never get up, my back felt like it was broke. It scared me. So I worked around exercises that were too much for me, went slow and finally (right before I got sick) I was lying flat on my mat and realized OMG I’m not in pain. It took time, as did my cycling and steps but I kept at it and it has gotten easier. I think because my muscles are getting stronger. By no means am I running anywhere but I’m happy to be moving along. Glad your fil is doing ok and hope his tests go ok, well wishes. Love your flowers!

@trooworld thank you for donating blood. As a transfusion recipient, I know how important it is. Thankfully, my friends and hubby showed up to donate. I’m so sorry about your doggies fighting, especially you getting bit. I was just watching a video on how to safely separate dogs. I personally don’t think I’d do any better than just jumping in the middle. I hope you’re ok now. My girls get moody, mostly when the Princess tries to snatch Puppy’s treat. Puppy will bite her a good one and she’s very dramatic if she doesn’t get bit. So it’s a soap opera for a day. I do hope your day has gotten better.

@Katmary71 I’m so sorry Bill isn’t doing well. Sending hugs and prayers for you both. I hope your dental appointment goes well and you get that taken care of.

@FushiaKat I’m reading your time of use plan, it’s great that appliances have timers nowadays. $600 a month is crazy. I remember the good old days when living was affordable.

@sleepygrl79 well done on cooking a healthy meal. The kids will survive, its good for them too. I had to push myself to make my food for everyone, so far (except breakfast) they are surviving. Years ago I was doing separate meals and that was too much to keep up with. I am cheering you on! I hope you can get time to run. Do what makes you happy 😊

@Cornanda Gus is so cute watching the horse!

——-

Well I am still sick, a week and a half in. This is dragging out and I’m ready to be back at my normal schedule. I barely leave my room. I’m bored. Thanks to you gals that got the stretching going. It’s been a savior for me. I make sure to do many stretched several times a day. Even when I didn’t get out of bed.

My weight is still going down, just from being sick. I’m eating, just less, I’m drinking plenty. I was 197 this morning. I hope it sticks!!!

No zeros: I think doing stretching, drinking water and trying not feel to down is all I got this week. I’ll take it!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I want to join the steps challenge when I feel better. I love a challenge, keeps me going.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 Thanks. Yeah sleep is so important, it sucks that we can't get good sleep. Thank you! This will be our second go at the Aerogarden, my first go-around, we had dill, Italian basil, thai basil, mint, parsley and thyme and most of it really came out well. I will definitely post a pic when it starts growing. Congrats on joining the gym! Starting slow is a good idea. I'm sorry about the hip bursitis, that sounds painful. I'm glad your FIL is doing okay. What beautiful flowers! What are they?

@19shmoo69 I'm so glad your wife is doing a little better. That's too bad about the medicine, was that an expected side effect?

@FushiaKat 19 weeks in the green? AMAZING! How did you like the squash noodles?

@Katmary71 Thank you, it was. You are definitely right about the animals! I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I'm so glad Bill got some medical help. I'll be thinking good thoughts for him.

@sleepygirl79 I would have felt unappreciated too, I'm sorry that happened. I'm glad your hubby liked it.

@AmbersWay You are welcome, I figure it's something that doesn't cost me anything that I can do for the world, and it doesn't take much time, so why not? About the dogs, yeah, I'm okay just a bit on the edge waiting for the next fight to happen. They didn't really get into a fight yesterday, they started to get amped up and we were able to stop them in time so that was good. That's funny about your dramatic dog. Yesterday was much better, thanks. I'm so sorry you are still sick. That's great you are still doing the stretching!

Hi all. Yesterday was a lot better. I was able to do some things I wanted to do at work (the day before, it was doing what my coworkers wanted me to get done, which I could have declined but didn't), and things that needed to get done. I'm still behind but at least I put out the fires that needed to be put out. Today, I'm off at 10 am to take a friend to a colonoscopy appt. She will be at our place afterward recovering.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Healthy meals.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team! Happy Hump Day!

@Katmary71 Glad your BF is getting some help. I’m stressed for you. Not knowing what is going on is the worst. I was told once I am an awfulizer, lol. I tend to think the worst until proven otherwise. It’s something I am working to improve.

@sleepygirl79 hang in there! Pleasing kids at dinner time is such a challenge. My kids are grown but I see the struggle with my picky eater grandkids. Good luck with your run today.

@AmbersWay Thank you. I use magnesium oil on my legs at night (for RLS), does that count? Thanks for the exercise encouragement! As someone who has had back surgery, I can totally relate to exercising on a mat. I don’t know if I could get back up, lol.

@trooworld. I grew all those, minus the dill, last year. I dried a lot of it, ground it and put in spice jars I got from Amazon. Is there a difference in Thai basil and regular basil? The blue flowers are from my hydrangea bush a couple years ago. They haven’t flowered yet this year. Depending on the acidity of your soil, the flowers will be different colors in different places.
    I’m sure your friend appreciates you today! Hope you do something for you as well.

@ Leona Dixon we are almost the same weight! I will be keeping my eye on your numbers for inspiration. Cheering you on! I have bad hips and being sedentary has packed the lbs on me. Exercise is a struggle. Hope your knees are doing well!

@tammymccrady6278 and @digger61 - we are close to the same weight. Keeping my eye out on your weigh ins for inspiration!

The sun is shining and the high is gonna be in the 80’s today. Great weather for the garden. I can’t wait for it to start producing! I spent $7 on zucchini yesterday. In a month I will probably have so much zuchinni, I will be giving it away, lol. My BF bought me the zoodle attachment for my kitchenaid. Should be fun learning to use it today. Anyone have any good zoodle recipes.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Folks!

@DJill68 I am on prescription medication to sleep. I have been on it for so many yrs that I have to rake it to go to sleep. Great job on joining the gym. Hang in there, you will start feeling more comfortable the more you go. About the step thing. Never judge yourself to others. Everyone is different. I used to push myself to keep up with others in step group on Facebook. I work up every morning so soar from trying to do 15k to 20k steps my step goal then was 10k. I could not understand why I hurt so much when everyone else was doing it with no problem at all. Well today my step goal is 7500 and if I go over it is a win for me. I do not hurt as much as I did before. I am still soar and stiff but it is much more enjoyable. You do you and be proud of what you achieve.

@trooworld A friend of ours uses a air horn to break up his dogs when they get into it. He suggested I try it on Diesel when he is zone in on that on thing and not listening to me. I have not tried it yet (keep forgetting to buy one) but I will be trying it out.

@Katmary71 Thank for the hug. Glad you are feeling much better. Sorry to see that Bill is back in the hospital. Prayers that they take cars of the clot this time.

@sleepygirl79 I to have a problem with going MIA then popping in to see what's up. Kids will be kids. Don't let them get you down. They will learn to like it the more you do it.

@AmbersWay I am sorry you are still under the weather. Prayers that you will start feeling better.

Things here are a bit better. I am still fighting with my mind. It wants to continue to be down in the dumps about everything while my soul is ready to move on and be happy if that makes since.
    So, today is going to be a great day. I am still doing my fasting 16 hrs. Still working on the choice, yesterday was a great day with no snacking after dinner and today dinner is already planed.

Have a fabulous day everyone. Sending out positive vibes to all!!!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just a quick question to everyone. Does doing a fast help jumpstart your metabolism. It was suggested to me.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 my understanding of fasting is that it can but only if you do it regularly,ie every other day, once a week or I. F. A one time fast may drop a couple pounds but if not followed by a proper health plan then the pounds can come back.
    There's a documentary of a gentleman who did a water fast for 30-50 days. He lost a bunch of weight. In the end he didn't follow up with a proper plan and got heavier than before.

I've heard good things about fasting and if you do it be ready to implement a proper health/fitness plan.
    Another key element is you have to keep living. Just because you're not eating doesn't mean stop moving. So remember when you fast you still have to mow my lawn, wash my vehicles, tend my garden.......

Hope that helps. If it doesn't then ignore everything except the last sentence.
This discussion has been closed.