Jump Into June!

Options

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well that was a big ole ouch. Surgery went fine, stomach was still in my chest but came down easily. She sutured up my diaphragm muscle to close the area the hernia slides up and that is what hurts. My stomach was tacked down but no problems like nausea or vomiting. Just feel like I got a dagger into my diaphragm. Working hard on the incentive spriometer and baby steps. Took a complete shower today and that helped me to feel better. One week of clear liquids (broth, jello, water) then another week of full liquids and then a week of soft diet and after that I should be good to go. Dogs are smart and staying away from me. I think if they pounced onto my stomach I would pass out. Sorry to be so whiney but I am. Brooks has been taking good care of me.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Awww, Donna. That sounds awful! I am glad it all went well and you are recuperating. Been thinking of you.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear you are home and on the mend...here's to a speedy recovery, @bisky !
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's plan...

coffee
    cantaloupe, organic cold cereal with banana and strawberries, soy milk
    broccoli, rice and air fried tofu (stir fried the broc and used a touch of sesame oil and low sod tamari...very tasty)
    refried bean tostada

cherries

Ninja cream: strawberry, banana, peanut butter...get to share this one with Lulu

Make it delicious.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear that surgery was successful Donna, and that Brooks is taking good care of you! I hope the pain subsides quickly. and yikes to the dogs pouncing! I hope not!!

Crazy walk after dinner yesterday...all of a sudden the dogs are on top of something in the field. And that something starts screaming. Oh the chaos. We thought it was a rabbit at first but it turned out to be a fawn.

Ruby didn't have her collar on (hot spot in collar area is healing) and the dogs were snapping at each other trying to win the prize. I was so scared for that fawn and I lost my mind. The fawn wasn't the only one screaming. We finally got the dogs together and Joe held onto them in place while I followed the fawn. After it failed to escape through the fence and had already been running around trying to get away it just sort of collapsed in a corner of our fence area. Luckily it happened to be close to a gate so I went the long way around and opened the gate, hoping that it would see its way out.

Sorry guys, long story, almost done. The fawn was not leaving the spot and as I tried to kind of herd it on its way it wasn't moving. I was worried about injuries but it just looked liked she'd been licked a bunch by Ruby and scared. At this point I touched her softly and she didn't react, so I picked her up and put her on the other side of the fence where the dogs couldn't get at her. After 30 seconds or so it got up and went toddling away bleating for its momma.

Joe heard what we assume was the momma in the woods looking for the fawn and the fawn was headed that way. We think they found each other. We went looking after the dogs were in the house, but didn't see the fawn again.

That's not even the only story about that fawn because Joe came home Saturday and said "I think I just saw a deer give birth to a fawn on our driveway and then go leaping off in the the woods!" The fawn didn't move as he drove around it, but he was going slow and could see that it was breathing.

It's super small gals. Covered in white spots. I was so upset about the whole thing, but I think it turned out okay for momma and baby. And we aren't walking the dogs in the field without a leash for a while.
    And I got to not only touch but pick up a baby fawn.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the well wishes. I was whiney yesterday but turned the corner yesterday evening. Had a nice walk and this morning I feel much stronger. Watch me....I will do to much and then be whiney again.

Oh Carla, how scary and exciting! I am glad the dogs didn't really go after the fawn....Ruby's herding and protective instincts might have kicked in. Maybe same with Radar as he is bred to protect and herd also. I had an Aussie years ago when I lived on a farm. She loved baby kittens, puppies and the foals. Always trying to guard them.

Yes, the surgery was a success and I think I don't need the narcotics for pain anymore. Tylenol is doing the job.
    I can't believe it was 7 days ago....it was quite a blur....I didn't wake up until the next morning from anesthesia. I am a lightweight when it comes to drugs.

Brooks has been adding PB2 to my vanilla protein shakes to try to get more protein in. I personally can't wait until I can have my vegetable soups. Drinking broth, jello (I hate jello) and herbal tea.

• Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Glad that you are starting to feel stronger, Donna! And great to be off of the narcotics if possible. When my dental pain got unbearable, I had to take ibuprofen and tylenol together so I have a small inkling of how the pain builds between doses. I hate jello too! When do you get to start having soup?

Thanks for the reminder, Nanc. I am picking up a cantaloup today.

• Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Oh! I know, another post on the same day but I forgot to mention that I may have found a pet sitter! My cousin loves dogs and would like to run around the field with them. I really hope we can work it out. It is the ideal solution.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,470 Member
    Options
    rleywv7mqo4m.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Long day at the office didn't get out of there until 6:30 then had to stop and get gas because the light came on. I am so bad about waiting until the last minute to fill up the tank.

Carla, that is so scary and I'm happy that you were able to get the fawn to safety. And another one born in the driveway? You need to put up a sign like Deer Maternity Ward or something.

Donna, glad to hear recovery is still going well. And I don't think you were whining. Glad the pain is subsiding.

Nanc, you reminded me I bought some cherries and meant to take them to the office to share. I just put a note on the garage door so I don't forget tomorrow.

I realized today it has been several weeks since I signed onto facebook. I changed my password and promptly forgot it, and the facebook account is linked to my old email which I hate trying to get logged into, so I just keep putting it off. I never post much of anything anyway. I do all my internet socializing here.

B - half a leafside
    L - other half plus an orange
    D - last of the leftover stir-fry and rice, watermelon

• magic71755
    edited June 2023
    Options
    OMGOSH, @Carla_wfpb ...that is quite a story...good thing there were two of you there to help out the fawn...sweet baby.

Continue to heal, Donna...happy to hear you have turned the corner! Great job your "nurse" is doing!

Love the poster, @Marilynsretired especially #4!

Saw that you had a good watermelon the other day, @Mihani. Think I will pick one up today.

I have finally found a way I do enjoy broc... stir-fried. Still crunchy, but flavor it ...today I am going to try From My Bowl broccoli and "beef" recipe. I just know broc is a key to weight loss..I just know it. https://frommybowl.com/vegan-beef-broccoli/#tasty-recipes-10284-jump-target

Not sure about the menu today...but I will say, that since I went vegan on April 4, 2019, I no longer have headaches. I used to buy ADVIL at Costco...the gel capsules...the giant bottle...and USED them all. Just throwing that out there.

not sure about menu...broc and beans will be in there...and rice and lots of fruit.

make it delicious, sweet peas

ETA: back from the store

coffee
    frozen folder JUST egg with salsa
    tofu and broc stir fry with veggies and rice
    WATERMELON hope it's delish
    carrot/apple juice
    salad...going to make up mason jar salads for work
    ninja cream/strawberry banana

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    8p05soha44ky.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Need some direction here...and this may sound stupid...but here it goes...

so the gal that seats next to me (saleswoman) has gained probably 25-30 pounds in the last 4-5 years...she finally got so sick of trying on her own, she took to the Red Mountain Weight Loss program...

here's their website if you care to look at it.

No, I am definitely not interested in one iota of going that route...but, she is losing so fast...it is super low cal...(she is not vegan btw)...super duper low cal and they get these shots HCG and appetite suppressants...all things I feel strongly against and KNOW, you can only rebound once you stop taking all this stuff...But here is my dilemma...

But, she is losing so fast and I am still stuck here with the same 25 pounds to lose. Just need some reassurance from my WFPB-VEGAN besties here...I see her tomorrow, and I know she will have lost ten pounds in about ten days.

I am not sure what I am looking for here...I think me just mentioning it to y'all is helping me...because it is causing me some degree of stress.

Anyway, I am totally struggling here...not because of her...but I can't seem to get anything going...like stringing two good days together.

I attribute some of it to my horrible sleeping situation...but yesterday I bought something new from OLLY. It is a vegan tablet...Melatonin...that with the Magnesium Calm I take seemed to help last night...hoping it works again tonight.

That's it...that's what was on my mind.

• magic71755
    edited June 2023
    Options
    My sleep was sucky last night. -sigh-

today

coffee
    just egg frozen with strawberry jam
    broc and ric
    chao cheese sand on rye bread with pickle mustard from TJs
    cheeries
    quart carrot/apple juice (my juice stays fresh for more than three days because I have vacuum sealer for mason jars)

the end
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I think that you are doing great, Nanc. We all know it isn't just about the weight but also our health. What your work mate is doing isn't sustainable, it is short term. You do you and live your best life. I totally get what you're going through trying to get a few good days in a row going!

I'm up over 15 pounds now since our winter plans fell apart and then stress and vacation. My pants are tight, my nice bras aren't fitting, and I don't want to meet up with people anymore. The struggle is real and there are 2 raging food addicts in the house.

I had my eye exam yesterday and my eyes are in really good shape. Good eye pressure and no signs of deterioration from high blood sugar. I am updating my lenses and getting progressives. I'm also trying out a 5 day sample of daily contacts (use once and throw out). I used to wear contacts but they became too uncomfortable. This new kind, with a better material, is feeling comfy so far. I'm probably going to get a 3 month supply and then just use them once in a while. (Very weird wearing them after so many years...being able to see without the glasses on means actually having the vision to see all of the wrinkles that hide under the glasses! Plus, without glasses I feel like I just have too much face going on!)

Today I'm going to try to stick to oatmeal or a smoothie, fruit salad, and veggie-filled dinner. I'm going to use the treadmill for my walk because with that fawn in the area I have to use a leash for Radar and Ruby and walking them both is a tangled disastrous mess for all of us.

• magic71755
    Options
    Thanks so much @Carla_wfpb

Totally helpful…your words of wisdom!

Chuckling 🤭 at “without glasses 🤓 I feel like I have too much face going on”. So 🥰 cute!

• magic71755
    Options
    I know I have several processed meals today…but it will have to do.

I do like the Just Egg frozen…easy, protein packed and great for work!

Now, to stick with my plan and nothing added! I did take the time to stir fry broccoli 🥦 this morning. Made a huge batch of rice 🍚 earlier this week, so that is my highlight for the day.

Yesterday was not perfect, but better than the day before! Looking for progress!

Progress not perfection! @Carla_wfpb ❤️
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    @magic71755 thanks for the reminder! I will make some progress today! <3

I don't think I've ever tried Just Egg. I should look into that.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    Just thought I would comment - please just take this as one persons thoughts but consider it.

I am sure I mentioned I am in kidney failure. I have had a fisquala in my right arm now as it takes about 3 - 4 months for it to mature before they can use it for diaylsis. Because of that there is lots of food restrictions the big one being salt.

Then 2 weeks ago blood work showed my potassium was over the high limit which means am headed for a heart attack. So was given some horrible powder to take for 2 days in order to pull all the potassium out. Last blood work showed it was back to normal levels.

I am sharing this because they said 2 things re fruits that you should not eat / consume are bananas or orange juice. Both of them will spike the potassium levels as does root vegetables like potatoes.

So please be careful with juices - it is better to eat the fruit then drink it as when you drink it you are drinking a high concentration of potassium - so if you don't want this trouble avoid it.

t01r9cvsfxfi.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc I totally agree with Carla this is about health as much as weight loss and even though I still have 20 to 25 pounds to lose my labs are all great!

Maybe I should try contacts again, Carla, but I gave up when they started pretty much adhering to my eyes and I had a devil of a time getting them out. I had tried several different brands after that started happening and no good. I'm going to have to get cataract surgery in the next year or so and I've heard that is like laser vision surgery now and might not need my glasses all the time then. That would be interesting. I've been wearing glasses or contacts since I was 4 or 5 years old.

I got sick as a dog yesterday around noon. I was just fine then suddenly thought omg, I'm going to throw up! I grabbed my stuff and flew home, just made it in the door before spending the next 10 hours in and out of bed with sweats/chills and throwing up. I am home today because I'm wiped out and my body is a wreck... my stomach is so sore. I just made a grocery order for some italian bread, smart water, bananas. Hopefully I can eat a little something because I haven't had one bite but ice chips since some oats yesterday morning. I just want them to get here soon so I can go back to bed. Afraid I'll fall asleep if I hit the couch so I am making myself stay upright until the groceries arrive.