CW: 225.5
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Friday 16th step 3397
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    ajzay2gclpng.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    @pedal_power and @SavageMrsMoose - I appreciate your encouragement!

I also appreciate your advice @pedal__power. I didn’t realize you were a competitive rower. Sorry if I missed that in an earlier post but congratulations to you (and @ SavageMrsMoose’s daughter)! That’s much more difficult than my informal social and recreational rowing outings.

You hit the mail on the head about the need to relax more. I make it harder than it needs to be because I’m still working to lift the ‘training wheels’ more regularly. When I get strong drive with my legs and don’t overthink, I’m better about lifting the oars off the water on the recovery — but it still feels scary to me 😬 when the boat is moving more slowly. Anyway, you understand the Catch 22 I create! I’m gradually feeling more confident and stable in the boat so I need to keep practicing to lift those training wheels!

Is anyone else letting fear get in the way of improvement?

Let’s work at overcoming our fears together. I like your reminder to try to relax into the catch @pedal_power. I’m going to relax (not overthink) and face the challenge with curiosity instead of fear — and breathe! I’m sure breathing will help! 😮‍💨
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    @cre804 - Congratulations on improving your blood sugar levels! I hope your upcoming tests go well. It will probably take some time for your body to recover fully from the surgery but I’m glad you are feeling better and better with each day! ❤️‍🩹
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/14 12,502
    6/15. 11,137
    6/16. 12,124
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    08e911t62qqr.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @dcresider
    @angmarie28
    @kcpond

Walkers, please check the step challenge chart and post your steps for any days missing from Jun 4 to present. Please include the date, so it's clear which days you're reporting. Thanks all!

@Cyncia85 I need your steps from Jun 4 to present please and we ask that you report in every 2-3 days so it's easier to keep our stats up to date. Thanks! I'm anxious to see how you're doing, since you're new to the challenge, but I went back through all 12 pages of the Jun chat thread and I can see where you signed up, but haven't seen any step reports listed.

Thanks all!
    Jessica :smile:
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @cre804 Congratulations! What a huge milestone! Glad your knee surgery recovery is going well too.

@jessicakrall8 I hate critters in the house! Especially SNAKES. My daughter and I refer to them as “nope ropes”. I’m not sure how I would handle a blue salamander. It has legs, but still a nope from me.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @cre804 Congratulations! What a huge milestone! Glad your knee surgery recovery is going well too.

@jessicakrall8 I hate critters in the house! Especially SNAKES. My daughter and I refer to them as “nope ropes”. I’m not sure how I would handle a blue salamander. It has legs, but still a nope from me.

I thought @SavageMrsMoose that my solution on the fly was the best one...didn't want to lose it because then I'd been up all night wondering WHERE it went...and at the time wasn't sure what it was but it wasn't flying so didn't think it would sting but still didn't want to touch it...it crawled right into my 20 oz glass and I'm sure it was happy to be away from my little Warrior Princess! LOL

I considered it a WIN WIN!

Never had a snake in the house, but I'm sure if that was the case, I would have grabbed Betty and called the guy across the street or next door...NOPE ROPE...love that reference! :blush:
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    n6a6frdysdqy.jpg
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I’m just checking in to keep myself accountable, and possibly get some tips. I checked my Fitbit stats and since last week, I have walked an extra

+ 18,592 steps
    + 9 miles

I have cut out sweet stuff (chocolate, baked goods etc) and I have also cut out the late night snacking. But, my weight doesn’t seem to be going down at all. I know from past experience that weight loss doesn’t happen overnight (wouldn’t that be nice? :D ) and I just need to persevere.

Does anyone have any tips for when weight loss stalls, despite additional exercise and making healthy food choices?

Do I add in more exercise? A different type of exercise other than brisk walking? Feeling a bit lost! I do have PCOS so that could possibly be contributing to the issue.

Thank you x
This discussion has been closed.