WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here I am. I missed the Saturday weigh-in, but I am here.

PW:134.8
    CW: 136.4

My yesterday was filled with a lot of driving. I started my morning with a 40-minute drive to get the truck serviced. I was 1000 miles over, and I drive a lot for work, so I couldn't wait. We have no Hyundai dealer, and no one can get my filter, so that was how it started.

Our air conditioning went out, so while we were out, we made a trip to Lowe's. Then, we went to Home Depot. We looked at Sam's Club. None of them had a big enough window unit, but we went ahead and picked up some things while we were at Sam's.

We came back home and got all of the dogs in the house. With the heat index over 100 degrees, the 80 degrees in the house was better than the 100+ outside. We went and bought bags of ice to ice down the water for the goats, emu, chickens, ducks, and turkeys. We iced the cats, ferret, and pigeon's water in the house since they were confined to their rooms with all 6 dogs in the house.

There was a lot of fast food consumed since we spent most of the day in the truck trying to find air conditioners. We ended up in Alabama. Their Home Depot had plenty.

Today is going to be installing the units, fixing the bathroom sink, and getting ready for the next work week.
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 133 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    It did pay off! Good work! You have inspired me to plan my meals for the week - a habit that has fallen off with all my summer travel.
    zankash23 wrote: »

I’ve been mindful of my food intake this week and focused on my steps. Guess it paid off :)

@IDebraK Good grief, that's a lot to deal with between the car, heat, AC unit search, and animals. I hope the install today goes smoothly and you have a cool house soon.

I'm in hyper organizing mode these days. Back to school means the start of a marathon that runs right until the Christmas. My daughter plays a fall sport so practices, meets, uniforms, I spend some Sundays 2 hours away cheering on my football team, school gatherings/meetings for both my wife and daughter to keep track of and juggle, a conference or two for me, Halloween, daughters birthday, Thanksgiving & Christmas. It's like 12 months of activities jammed into 4.5. My goal this year is to maintain healthy routines for me in the midst of it all! I'd love tips for doing that during a busy season if you have any.

• healthygirlintransit
    healthygirlintransit Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    healthygirlintransit

Sunday Weigh-In

CW:234
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    rivogi2kd1z7.png

(Reminder that I don't have daily pledges for @veronica1359 and @littlemzkitty .. if you want to make one feel free but otherwise you are omitted from the consistency stats)

Have a good weekend all!

Hi, @ashleycarole86 I did it in abril/2022

conleywoods Posts: 956 Member
    April 2022
    @veronica1359 That is awesome you are getting more steps in! @ashleycarole86 keeps track of the steps and I'm sure she will be happy to add you!

ashleycarole86 Posts: 5,755 Member
    April 2022
    @KellyBgetsfit Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day celebrating wonderful you!

@veronica1359 Got you down for a 7000 daily pledge, glad to have you!

@conleywoods Can't wait to see the new hair! Neat to know about your in-laws... I imagine with the kids that has some extra benefits (but as you said I'm sure this comes with challenges as well). My mom has become fairly isolated and she doesn't leave the house much, nor does she keep active or have many hobbies. So, it will be hard in many ways, and there is definitely more of a caregiving aspect than I thought I'd have at this stage in life. But, on the plus side... her and I have always been really close, and she's easy to get along with. Appreciate your kind words as well @jugar and the understanding of the potential need for a vent session (or many). I have to say that I'm going to bed tonight with a lump of stress in my stomach for a variety of reasons tonight... doesn't feel good.

Hope the upcoming week starts off on a good foot for everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ub2mcjeuom39.png
    u0odlqvwki2k.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1rk8k2xyhde9.png

By Pounds
    gqrfotd46z10.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    p3vho2j3cywu.png
    nj2n76c7crkn.png

By Pounds
    kmwcul9vllvo.png

Team Winners
    c6ahze4peizv.png
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I had my perfect day today, if only it didn't end in a migraine. I walked outside today, thinking the rain last night should clear a lot of the pollen...apparently not. It's ragweed season in NC and it gets me everytime 🤧
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 no perfect day should end with a migraine! What a drag. I hope it feels better soon. Then you can have an actually perfect day tomorrow!

Here we are heading into the final week for August, and I have not set up the recruiting threads for September :grimace: Yikes! I'm off to go do that. I'll post the link here once I'm done, and then you can share it with any friends who might like to give this a try.

BTW - the Sunday people have gotten this week off to a fabulous start! All green :smiley:

Let's see if Monday looks as good. Heads up Monday people!
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @adrimango

Tally ho!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here is the link to send to anyone you'd like to invite to the team, or to share on any forum or discussion group where interested people might be looking for a group like ours.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898152/registration-for-new-members-september-2023#latest

You do not need to sign up if you are already on the team! You are automatically moved into the next month unless you want to leave. Thanks for sharing the link!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods So glad to hear your family is safe. That is so scary.

I start school tomorrow. So hopefully a regular schedule may help me get back on track. I’m tired of feeling blah. My size 18s, which were too big, are now tight. Today I have been more mindful of my eating. It has gotten too sloppy. Not mindful. Eating too fast. All that.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will try again.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Friends!

It's a bank holiday, but I have quite a bit of work to do today. I've done a nice gentle Lucy (Wyndham-Read) workout, and then Lady (the beautiful dog we're looking after until tomorrow) demanded a walk. So I've already had my 1st walk of the day.

I think that I'm going to take a leaf from a lot of you and try for that perfect day today. It's just one day, right?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

TTFN

yl5ziorxhm5b.jpg
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a perfect weekend, I was very active, and got alot of my house organized and put back together, I just didn't eat very well.

New week, new day, husband is back to west virginia, and I have prepped some good meals for the week...

Hope you have a happy monday !
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 189.7
    CW: 194.8
    No green here but I had a guilt free weekend of eating and 🍷 . Back to the healthy stuff which I noticed I was missing all weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday! It's my daughter's last day here, so we're doing all the things. Spoiling the horse, taking sauna, seeing a friend - packing... I'll be going out to see her in September, so at least I'll see her again soon! Alberta friends be warned! I'll be out there soon :smiley:
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Another Monday!

Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 236.6
    CW (Current Weight): 235.5

Didn't track steps/workouts last week - decided to take a break to see if it helps the piriformis, it did and I'm feeling a lot better this week.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Here are my steps and exercise for the last week:

Sunday, 8/20 - 8,253 steps, 2.6 mile run
    Monday, 8/21 - 7,516 steps, 40 minutes of spin
    Tuesday, 8/22 - 6,517 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Wednesday, 8/23 - 5,974 steps (I know I hit my 6,000 step goal because my watch was on the charger while I was walking around the house packing), 40 minutes of spin
    Thursday, 8/24 - 8,666 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit, walking through airports
    Friday, 8/25 - 28,490 steps, 11.5 miles of running (two legs of Hood to Coast)
    Saturday, 8/26 - 27,394 steps, 6.3 miles of running
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen wow - your Hood to Coast exploits are truly impressive! How much time or distance did you have between each stint? Even so, I am so in awe of you even finishing up just ONE of the legs.

You should be proud.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed thank you! My first leg started at 10:24 am on 8/25, my second at 11:15 pm on 8/25, and my third leg started at 10:01 am on 8/26. So, just over 25 hours for all three legs and about 11 - 12 hours between legs. A total of 4 hours and 10 minutes of running.

This is probably the 6th or 7th time I've done this race, but only the second time since I quit running due to injury in 2013. I do enjoy it a lot and luckily, my body is pretty recovered from my injury 10 years ago.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    👀
This discussion has been closed.