WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    PW: 193.2
    CW: 193.8

Slight increase. Not surprised at all. Last weekend, I traveled to one state for a family reunion, then went to another state to have dinner with my parents, then back to my home state the next day. We also had pizza and we had leftovers for a couple of days so I’m sure some of this is sodium related.

I also have only worked out two days so far this week, but I have a 45 minute spin class tomorrow morning, and then I have Sunday to get a 4th workout in. I aim for 4-5 days or around 150 minutes of spin/strength workouts, so I should be on target.

My husband and I are seeing some friends tomorrow and going to a baseball game and then dinner afterwards so that will be fun! I’ll have to remember sunscreen because I always get sunburnt at ball games 😅
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have a question for how people plan out their exercise for the week. I seem to be really consistent with either strength training or cardio, but not both. Earlier this spring, I was doing a lot of jogging and prepping for the 5k. Over the summer it's been body pump 3 times a week but no cardio. Do you exercise 5-6 days a week? Or double up on the days you do exercise? My husband and I are going to do another 5k in october so I want to start jogging again (plus the health benefits) but don't want to stop my body pump class.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    PW=79,1Kg
    CW=78,0Kg

Steps -06-11
    Sunday - 2,479
    Monday - 6,959
    Tuesday -6,983
    Wednesday - 5,787
    Thursday -3,590
    Friday - 2,118
    Saturday - 3,485
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The August Week 3 Group Challenge is open and will begin on Sunday, Aug 13th. Please join me for a Virtual Scavenger Hunt. Bring your creativity!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897051/august-week-3-group-challenge-virtual-scavenger-hunt#latest

Hope to see you there each day this week!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 I have been thinking about your exercise question. I tend to do cardio just about every day, sometimes relatively steady for endurance and even pacing, sometimes a shorter session with intense intervals. I try to do Pilates other core/stretching/balance every day - sometimes short, sometimes as the central exercise of the day mixed with some strength work. Real muscle building sessions only 3 times a week but this also tends to be the thing that gets left out. If I don't do those concentrated strength workouts, I at least mix strength exercises in with the Pilates and other stuff. It's always a bit of a messy jigsaw puzzle, though!

Last reminder of the week! Here are the remaining numbers for week 2:
    @asmallerlea
    @39flavours
    @Pearl4686
    Thanks!

And first reminder for week 3 - the Sunday people:
    @YinxFed
    @project_shan
    @healthygirlintransit

Off we go!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @jugar weigh in

CW 211.2 Going to hibdhgb <———lol😂Fell asleep typing. This is my Friday weight. Saturday had some Mexican food and a beer. Wasn’t as nice.
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: project_shan
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    HW: 188.0
    PW: 164.4
    CW: 163.6

Steps: 6-12 Aug
    1zcc9qqc6z6t.png
    You can definitely tell when I went back to work.

Hope everyone has a great week!
This discussion has been closed.