Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Special Last 100 Days of 2023 Challenge!! What's YOUR ONE THING?!

Hope you'll join us! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900035/special-last-100-days-of-2023-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The Sep Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 24th. We're focused on movement this week. Hope you'll join us for this 7 day challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900037/sep-week-4-group-challenge-7-day-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • makanacapellocullen
    Options
    Makanacapellocullen
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW: 299.6
    CW: 296
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I switched from fitbit to garmin around 8 years ago. Garmin links up with almost everything fitbit did, and though I went from one of the basic ones (alta) to a full fitness watch I love the data garmin gives me, and the various options for activity tracking. I think most of the google/samsung and Apple watches all link up to the same apps as fitbit as well!

@trooworld love the bob, you're gorgeous!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- LOVE your haircut. You look amazeballs!

@Katmary71 - did you bring home a dog?
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Love the new bob and l at the photo-bomber. I love that you go to the zoo often. A good walk and fun.

@Neon_Ninja the Italian restaurant was blah. I enjoyed seeing my friends but it was just blah food. Definitely will find somewhere more exciting for next months friend luncheon.

@megnolia82 congrats on the negative results! Have fun on your getaway!

@steffibabiie you’re doing amazing! I am so excited to see your numbers.

@Katmary71 the kitty glare was brutal. I love the picture and their attitude. So funny. Oh I wish I could train people too. After my medical “mishap” (boy that puts it lightly) I met with the head of nursing, the head of medicine and the hospital manager, to give them feedback on how they’re lack of almost killed me. I was in a wheelchair, tubes coming out of me and a sick bag and still made those appointments to try to help the next patient.

@micaroo4 thanks for the info on fitbit. My husband wanted to buy for his parents. I think we’ll stick to apple watches. I got my mom a fitbit snd it wouldn’t charge. She took it in, bought a new charger. Never worked.

@Cornanda you’re doing great. Love those numbers. Have fun watching football.

——-

My latest…hmm I’m tired, as usual. The little one is feeling better, missed a week of school. Eldest are doing good. Hubby starts physical this week. It had got postponed. I did my first 30 minutes of cycling yesterday in over 2 months. That was fun and rough. Getting off the carbs slowly but surely. Yay! That’s all for here.

Have a beautiful Sunday
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss!

@Makanacapellocullen Way to go!!!

@steffibabiie @Cornanda Thank you!

@AmbersWay Thank you! The photo-bomber is too funny lol. Yes, we get a lot of use out of our membership! Definitely a good walk and fun. That's great your little one is feeling better. I hope the physical therapy goes well and isn't too painful. Yay for your 30 mins!

Hi all. I got in 17,772 steps yesterday which is incredible for me. We stayed at the zoo for 4 hours + I went to the street fair and walked around. It was a lot of fun! Here's some of my favorite pics from yesterday. Have a great day.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

mzj43snze0rb.jpg
    9cn41lhy9zyb.jpg
    6seje77vmure.jpg
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've been out of town and still celebrating my birthday. B)

Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 255
    CW: 259
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    19smhoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 278
    C. W. 277
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

6cwqwbdbvz3j.png
    0dd5tkgtd1dq.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tlyvy9ev03yp.png

By Pounds
    ism6l9jckc7p.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    bzq9zjyumyew.png
    b3rdoyvwjpsn.png

By Pounds
    hjkzydluj7k2.png

Team Winners
    3t42wcjsuucl.png
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go Slims! We rocked Week 3!

@trooworld : Omigosh, love your Bob and the color! Your zoo pics are fantastic. I've always had a thing for giraffes. I think they can be really graceful and in a tall animal that's hard to do. Plus, they're just so weird with the long tongues, and coat patterns. I think I read where a giraffe's blood pressure is something like 250/180!

@Katmary71 : Ha! Loved the 2 cats and you're right they do remind me of those "Shining" twins.

@megnolia82 : Glad you had a good time on your retreat until the salad, anyway. It sounds like you have a great attitude about things-I can hear your confidence coming through!

@askewcr : Happy belated birthday! <3

Mr. NeonNinja and I were supposed to be driving out of state to help celebrate my mom's 100th birthday today. But I had to cancel. :'( I started not feeling well on Friday and then yesterday spiked a fever. Since it's a 9-hour drive there, I called my siblings yesterday to give them the news. Still sick today but feel a couple of smidges better, of course. Totally bummed about it but rationally, it was the right thing to do rather than carry the plague directly to her. I will hopefully talk to her tomorrow (which is her birthday).

Have good rest of the day!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja oh no! I’m sorry you’re sick. It always hits at the worst time :( that’s very disappointing, even though you know you made the right decision.

I Hope you’re feeling much better quickly and you can make a visit to your mom!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    It's the final week of September already! New members can now sign up for October - please feel free to share this link and invite anyone who might be interested. If you're already here on the team, you do not need to sign up again :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900150/registration-for-new-members-october-2023#latest
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I'd be curious to hear what your GI says on the pre and probiotics too, I always felt like they helped some but am not sure. I'm glad the retreat dinner went well, who'd of thought there would be a silver lining from all this with being able to eat fairly healthy there? I think you're viewing being sick in a good way, you're making changes so you're less likely to get sick again and be more healthy so you're taking a bad situation and learning from and changing for the better from it. I admire that about you.

@DrewsAnna Thank you! Oh no the rain's coming on strong with fall for you! Boy that's too bad you can't go up then save down for last with that hill but I'm glad you two got out there!

@micaroo4 Wow that's too bad about Fitbit and Google, thanks ofr the info.

@Cornanda Hope you enjoyed football today, reading outside sounds awesome I may copy you on that!

@bethanie0825 Wow that's quite a gain from mac and cheese, I'm glad today wasn't your weigh-in day too even though you'd know it wasn't actually fat, it sucks seeing higher numbers even if it's temporary.

@trooworld Well shoot I hope you get used to your hair, I think you look beautiful! That man looks like he's trying to work up the nerve to flirt with you, lol. Wow that's serious steppin right there! Those photos are awesome, glad you had fun.

@Cornanda Nope! The cutest dog was my neighbor's, she stopped by to visit me and brought Frannie. I got a good pic of her, I'll stick it in the end. My neighbor was scared my cats would hurt her since she's so small. There ARE tons of cute dogs there and all the animals in costumes for the contest and races are super adorable.

@AmbersWay That's very impressive you went to educate the hospital crew, you're one strong person! I know when I started my lawsuit it was about it not happening to more women so something good could come out of it. I hope PT goes well for your husband this week, first two weeks are always tough. Great job cycling!

@askewcr Hope your birthday celebrating is going wonderful!

Go Mission Slimpossibles for being the top team and lbs lost! It's been awhile since we hit first place, great job everyone!

@txcritter69 @steffibabbiie @Digger61 Great job top winners!

@Neon_Ninja Oh no I'm so sorry you missed your Mom's birthday, shoot! It is the right thing to do, you don't want to get her or anyone else sick. I hope you have a good talk with her.

Hi friends! Bow Wow Days was fun yesterday, can't help but smile at all the pups in costumes. I stayed until the last 20 minutes then came home, I was bummed the gang went for drinks because that would've been fun to go but I was worn out plus I'm feeding my neighbor's cats and had to get over there. I was in charge of the raffle ticket booth, we did real good and the event was fun. Today's been resting. I'm a little traumatized seeing my photo after a few weeks of steroids, I always hope I don't gain but I think it's impossible, I'm figuring out my next step but have stuff planned throughout the next week making any strict eating hard. I made a collage of the Fisherman/fish dogs, our group at the booth, and my neighbor's grandpup. Let's finish September strong! 1dcbzx3mkf63.jpg
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day Sunday

PW: 157.8
    CW: 158.6

I've started on a new program for the next 3 months in which I'm doing more intense cardio, getting a lot more protien, but also eating more total calories than I'm used to. I'm not surprised that the scale is up a bit at first. This program is focused more on muscle development and fat burning rather than seeing the scale drop. I haven't given up on the seeing the scale go down eventually, though. I'm still not at a healthy weight for my size and body frame. We'll see how it goes....
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.4
    Sept. 3: 221.6
    Sept. 10: 222.0 (+ 0.4)
    Sept.17: 219.6 (-2.4)
    Sept.24: 221.2 (+1.6)
  • txcritter69