Options

Replies

• steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    You asked for it! Here it is...

qqu0gyx8g1ie.png

Awesome! My goal for October will be 6500+ steps per day.
    I love the idea of having an option for active minutes as well!

As @broncobuddee said, I'll just post the details weekly here, probably on Monday mornings (Sunday afternoon/evening for most of you)
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 : You have so much on your plate right now! I hope you can get some personal time to maybe relax a bit, to refocus and recharge. Super glad the rock painting hit at the right time--sometimes it just works out that way. Sending out virtual hugs and all the good vibes I can muster. <3<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ....Another new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @badnoodle :)
  • steffibabiie
    Options
    Welcome @AJV2688 and @badnoodle! You're on the best team 😁
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie I'm not a fan of replying on my phone either, it's definitely hard!Oh the garden and baking sounds like the perfect mental health day, enjoy it! Love the idea of you and your daughter doing the challenge together on the bushwalk/hike, I'm sure that would be great for her too at this time in her life.

@DrewsAnna Happy birthday to your Mom! So glad you two had fun at the restaurant. Sounds like an exciting October and November for you!

@trooworld Yay I'm glad you tried the meatloaf! Now that you've had it try it next time with double the herbs and do half that of basil, it's real good if you like basil. You're more than welcome to come to Bow Wow Days, come visit me for it next year! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear friend! Have a great few days off! Boy you pulled the next challenge out of your back pocket fast, go Chris!

@micaroo4 I don't know if it's the position of Earl in that photo but he looks so sweet and gentle! He's a beautiful kitty.

@AJV2688 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! Feel free to jump right in, we do intros at the start of each month which will help you a lot getting to know all of us and you're welcome to do a short one now or wait until the October chat thread opens. We're happy you're here!

@Neon_Ninja Getting old is DEFINITELY not for sissies!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh wow you have so much going on, huge hug and prayers sent to you and your family. I'm glad @Neon_Ninja 's beautiful gift came at the right time. Please know we see and admire what an amazingly strong woman you are, if you ever need to vent I'm just an email or text away and you have a family here in this group.

@badnoodle Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! I've heard of a bad egg but not a bad noodle, you'll have to fill us in on how you chose that name! We're happy to have you on board, please feel free to jump in and in a few days the October thread will start where we all post intros.

Hi friends! On a little late, I met my friend for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and actually ordered something off the Skinnylicious menu and DIDN'T buy cheesecake (I got some lollipops at Sees and was given a sample so I didn't completely ace it). Managed to come in under calories because I did a lot today. My friend had wanted to do something for my birthday and I have another friend coming this weekend so we made it work, she comes to a town not far for work one day a week so we met after she was done for the day. I harvested okra and peppers at the food bank farm and brought home a bunch of sunflower heads to dry in the garage for seeds for next year. Only catch is we can't recall if they were hybrids which could make for an interesting scene next year. I need to get to bed, have a great Wednesday friends! This week is flying!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Welcome new people 🙂

I got a 2-mile walk at home workout done for today. Lol, I feel like I'm getting better with the resistance bands. I got in on the 100 day challenge and the week 4 movement challenge. Lol, I procrastinated today and tried to talk myself out of it. Then I finally just did it and I felt good and accomplished afterwards.

I'm not real excited about tomorrows weigh in, I don't think I did very good. Since, I started tracking again I have noticed that Golo is round about a 1,800-2,000 cals a day. Actually, I don't think I'm going to read to much into that right now.

I'm excited about the step challenge coming, starting Sunday? I think? Do we send our step count weekly or daily. Lol, I'm excited.

Y'all have a great evening!!

qiqa8rvebez8.jpg

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=RX36E4

Here’s the link for the next challenge.

We have 3-4 more spots open on this stridekick challenge, if anyone wants to join.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Earl is as sweet and as gentle as he looks! 😻
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Pop in-

@micaroo4 @FushiaKat - your kitties are so beautiful and I love their names too!

@trooworld @Katmary71 - Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Goodness- when it rains, it pours and I think you are in the middle of a hurricane. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you don't have time, but try to find little ways to take care of yourself. Sending you peaceful thoughts and lots of hugs. Will pray for you and for your family too.

Lisa
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I’m so sorry you’re carrying such a heavy burden. You’re amazing!

Have a great day everyone.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Early is handsome!

@AJV2688 Welcome to the team!

@19shmoo69 Good luck with your steps.

@Neon_Ninja You are welcome! Your artwork that you sent Jennifer is INCREDIBLE! I love it.

@steffibabiie That's a great goal!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so sorry, Jennifer. You sound super stressed (I would be too). That artwork is too cool! I'm glad it came at a good time.

@badnoodle Welcome! I love your username...pasta/noodles are my fave lol.

@Katmary71 I loved it! I love basil. I'll keep Bow Wow Days in mind! Thank you. LOL I do work fast. Awesome job at the Cheesecake Factory! I hope you have a great birthday, I may be offline on the actual day but please know I will be thinking of you.

@DrewsAnna It starts Oct 1st (Sunday) and report in as often as you like, daily, weekly, whatever works best for you!

@Cornanda Thank you!

Hi all. I'm usually depressed around my birthday (this year, that started about 3 weeks ahead of time)...I think it's because nobody made a big deal of my birthday when I was a kid so it's a bit of feeling sorry for myself. This year, the actual day was good: my work decorated my desk and gave me a card, the cafe gave me a free fancy coffee and a coworker bought me another fancy coffee. My MIL called and wanted me to stop by after work so I did and she and my SIL sang me Happy Birthday, gave me gifts and gave me cake. It was really nice and I felt loved. Today, my plans are to put Halloween decorations up and go to the coffee shop and hang out.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Neon_Ninja
    Options
    USER NAME: Neon_Ninja
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Wednesday

PW: 175.0
    CW: 172.4

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    Since both @trooworld and @Katmary71 asked, I'm the bad noodle because my head has never been screwed on quite right. As a result, I've been professionally weird for the last twenty years.

I've lost about 80lbs after a diagnosis with T2 diabetes and getting on a solid medication regimen, but I liked that this group was as much about fitness as it was about weight loss. I enjoy kayaking, vinyasa yoga, and full contact karaoke.
  • AJV2688
    AJV2688 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. I finally found this. I haven’t used this on the app yet and I’m finding it difficult to navigate. But I am looking for motivation because everyone in my life tempts me to eat foods I shouldn’t have while trying to lose weight and I have a hard time saying no to them. My brain associates food with having fun, I think. My husband is the same way and sometimes we can’t think of anything fun other than eating at a new restaurant or trying a new recipe. I’m sick of slipping back into unhealthy eating habits.
  • steffibabiie
    Options
    Just needing to get some thoughts out, and maybe someone here will have some advice 🙃

Trigger Warning? (disordered eating)
    My stepdaughter (16), “O”, will be here the next few days. I’m always very conscious of setting a healthy example when she’s here. I know her mum is a lot like mine was growing up. Constantly on one diet or another, always trying to lose weight. A few months ago, she went on a keto kick and wouldn’t allow any carbs in the house, not even snacks or things for O. I’ve also observed multiple disordered eating traits in O. Hence, wanting to set the healthiest example possible when she’s with us. That means no restricting of anything, allowing treats in moderation, etc. My daughter (also 16) has also brought up several concerning behaviours that I had already observed. Ex: O will eat very slowly so she is the last one to finish, then will try to sneak and throw most of her food away, she’s had “stomach bugs” more than typical when she’s been here lately (vomiting), and she will skip meals if we don’t all sit down and eat together. I know she’s a teenager. But having a history with disordered eating myself, I also can hone right in on the signs. I’m not looking for advice on what to do with her – this is more for context. I’m watching O and watching out for her, and giving necessary information to my partner so he might watch a bit closer as well without getting defensive on her behalf.

Now, here’s where I need advice. I have a few of O’s favourite dinners planned, including spaghetti bolognese tonight. I really don’t like spaghetti, I never have, and it doesn’t fit my idea of a healthy meal. Do I say screw it and make myself something healthier that I would enjoy (salmon, quinoa, and salad) or do I suck it up and eat spaghetti (I usually do eat it when I make it). I feel like eating something different sends the message that I have deemed whatever they’re eating as “bad.” Part of me says my health should be a priority, and taking care of me sets a good example. But the other part says it’s 5 days, I can make everything planned fit into my daily goals, and it’s a better option to not give O any reason to think that there’s anything wrong with what she’s eating. I’m probably way overthinking everything as a result of my own history.
    I should just eat what I’m making as family dinner. I can move things around the rest of the day to make it all work. I know some of it might leave me bloated or just not feeling as good (I’ve noticed just in the past two weeks that gluten isn’t really my friend), but it isn’t even a full week.
    I’ll have to revisit this whole thing when she’s here for a few weeks over Christmas holidays. And I hope no one gets the wrong idea, she’s a sweet girl and I absolutely love having her here, I’m just very, very conscious about setting a good example and not encouraging/triggering any disordered thinking or behaviours.
  • Neon_Ninja
    Options
    Hello, @badnoodle ! I, too, love your name. Professionally weird sounds right up my alley, lol. Welcome and hope you have good time with the team :) .

@trooworld : I'm so glad you had a good birthday! Happy belated!

@Katmary71 : Happy belated to you, too. Not sure if I had said it before. You did great at Cheesecake Factory--I would've been hard pressed to turn down one of their cheesecakes. Did not know they had a "Skinny-licious" menu.

@steffibabiie : I don't know, but to me it sounds like you're a caring and engaged stepmom. That's the best kind ;-). If it were me, I would eat spaghetti along with the family. Sounds like "O" may have some preconceived notions about nutrition, and it may give her the idea that eating spaghetti is a bad thing. So, maybe it would send a bad message to her. Just my 2-cents, I'd be interested to hear other folks chime in.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way! Welcome @DaveJ_43 :smiley:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Woot woot go you on getting it done yesterday!

@Cornanda Thank you, I'm happy to share this month with Chris, my libra sis! How are you doing?

@trooworld Thank you, I'm glad you're taking a few days to yourself. It sounds like you had a great birthday, you're very loved by all of us who are lucky to have you in our lives.

@badnoodle You sound like my kind of friend then! That's awesome what an amazing accomplishment to lose 80lbs! I'm also diabetic and lost after diagnosis, one of the few health things that I've managed to improve. What is full contact karaoke, I'm fascinated?

@AJV2688 Do you happen to have a computer? It's easier to use chat rooms with a computer but is still possible through the app. I'm glad you've joined us! It's really hard NOT to associate food with emotions, I still struggle with that too and love going out to eat.

@steffibabiie I love that you're trying to set a good example, it's hard to say since I don't know her but I'd imagine you having a different meal could have her worried about what she's eating. Could you make a healthy meal for all of you or many have zoodles instead of noodles for yourself and whoever else wants them? I don't know the right answer here but am wishing you all the best.

@Neon_Ninja Thank you, my birthday's the 30th so you're early. Their meals are all pretty high calorie, I got the Tuscan chicken for about 550 and it was so good you wouldn't guess it was “light”.

@DaveJ_43 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles Dave!

Hi friends! Had a great workout then went to the greenhouse, the manager beat me there and everything was soaked, moving wet trays basically meant I dumped a ton of water on my pants and shoes and came home soaked! I was trying to finish thinning all the seedlings but the cold made my legs hurt more, I came home and got under the covers for a bit. I have about 30 minutes left so I'm going to stop there tomorrow on the way to my hair appointment and get it done. Today's been cleaning and getting work done so things are ready when my best friend comes Friday. Have an awesome Thursday!
This discussion has been closed.