Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay- I'm sorry that made light of his very serious situation. Wow the amount of self control you have to walk away from that horrible situation is amazing. What sucky family that they didn't visit and be there from the start to support you both. Totally understandable that you threw a grouchy fit.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Who got 1st place in both percentage and lbs lost? WE DID!!! WOO HOO! Congrats to the whole team! :D A special shoutout goes to @txcritter69 @steffibabiie @Digger61 for leading the way! Way to go, everyone!

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss! How are you doing?

@megnolia82 Congrat on the loss! I'm sorry you had a rough 24 hours. I'd probably feel the same way you do if I had c diff.

@Neon_Ninja Thank you! Giraffes are cool animals. They are definitely weird lol. Wow, that's interesting about the blood pressure! I'm so sorry you had to miss the celebration. I hope you feel better soon.

@Katmary71 Thank you! HAHAHA! That's funny about the photo bomber. I'm glad you made it to Bow Wow Days and had fun. Cute pics, I love the fish costume!

@AmbersWay Congrats on the loss! Thanks, me too! It was an awesome day. That must have been some ordeal, the court case. I bet you are glad it's over. What your husband went through was no laughing matter, that's too bad his family doesn't see it that way. I'm sorry.

Hi all. Yesterday was pretty much a relaxing day. We took one of our dogs to the park and sat and people-watched. Work today. Not much else going on.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @865jessica thank you 😊 thankfully our community in Istanbul was absolutely amazing, beyond amazing actually. Thankfully, I know when walking away. Some people just aren’t worth the energy. My grouchy fit was a long time coming though. I think it was needed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    Hi MS .... You have a new member joining your team for October ... Please welcome @eagree :)
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just popping in for hugs, butt kicks, high fives and whatever else you may be needing :)

Feeling much better than yesterday or even this morning.

Have a great day/evening/morning depending when you read this. You’re awesome :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @DebJB30 Sounds like an interesting program, let us know how it goes! More intense workouts can cause an increase on the scale too at first, in the long run having more muscle will help you burn more so I hope you see the results you'd like plus you can always tweak things down the road. Honestly I wish I'd started lifting earlier, I think it's a great idea.

@AmbersWay Almost there! We'd love to have you and your pups at Bow Wow Days! I'm so glad they were found guilty, I know that doesn't change what you went through of course. Wow that was really insensitive of your husband's family, could they have issues dealing with hard things? My Mom's side of the family makes a lot of jokes at sad times which is kind of annoying especially if someone in the room has just died which happened. Hugs to you, you and your husband have been through a lot and it IS a big deal.

@trooworld We did WE did woot woot! You're another one I'd love to have come to Bow Wow Days with your pups in costumes!

@eagree Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! Haha of course we love hearing we're the best team, I'm glad you're now part of it! We'll do introductions at the beginning of the October chat but feel free to jump right in, we're happy you're here!

@FushiaKat Mr. Snicket is one gorgeous kitty, he's great about wearing that awesome bandana too! I'm trying the pheromone collar on Jasper, it's his first time wearing it and he's been great at leaving it alone, maybe I'll try a bandana on him too. I was very tempted by bat wings at Petco!

@megnolia82 Woohoo I'm so glad you're feeling better, that's wonderful! I hope things keep getting better and C diff is behind you.

Hi friends! I did a little meal prepping, lots of weed pulling, worked out, and still have to clean the kitchen and water. Feeling back on track, I fell off for a couple days there but am doing better today. Have a great Tuesday friends! Think I'm going to the farm in the morning so need to get to bed early. I'm meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night but will try to pop in before that. Keep being awesome!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 89.3kg | 196.87lbs
    CW: 88.1kg | 194.23lbs
    Progress from SW: -7.55kg | -16.65lbs

My Info:
    Working with a dietitian and my doctor to get healthy, feel great, and set a good example for my girls!
    Height: 162.5cm | 5’4”
    Original Starting Weight on 28.08.23: 95.65kg | 210.87lbs
    September Starting Weight: 94.80kg | 209.0lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: < 72.5kg | < 160lbs
    Daily Calorie Target: 1400-1600
    Macro Breakdown: 40f/30c/30p
    Diet: mostly Mediterranean; focus on whole foods; no alcohol; limit added sugars
    I meal prep and make most things from scratch, avoiding packaged and highly processed foods wherever possible.
    Intermittent Fasting: 16/8 (for now – hopefully back to ADF in the future)
    Workouts: cardio and/or body weight circuits 6x per week

I've been lurking and reading everyone's posts on my phone but hate replying on my phone 😅

@eagree welcome! we are the best team 😉

@FushiaKat Mr Snicket is adorable!

@Katmary71 we all have those days, or those weeks. The most important is getting back on track, so inspiring to see you do it so quickly!

@megnolia82 *high fives* love your energy 🧡

@ambersway his family sounds like my family, it must have been a very frustrating situation at the least. At least he has you for support and understanding.

@vegan4lyfe2012, @makanacapellocullen, @19shmoo69, @ambersway, @megnolia82 congrats on the losses!! (and anyone else I may have missed, sorry!)

And way to go everyone for number 1 this week!

I've been in my head a bit panicking about the fact that it's almost the end of the year. The school year here ends late november/early december, and my daughter is in her senior year, but it was only supposed to be the end of year 10 for her. At the end of year 8 she petitioned the school for acceleration, and so she finished up year 8 and started year 11 a few months later. The mumma bear in me IS NOT ready for her to be off to university in a few months. Add into that holidays and everything else the end of the year holds, and I'm a little stress ball.
    I took today off work for a nice little mental health day. Going to work in the garden and do some baking (banana bread - I'm definitely having a slice, added sugar be damned).
    Other than that, everything's good! Been sticking to plan and getting workouts in. My daughter has been joining me for evening walks and decided that we should do the Kokoda Challenge together next year. It's basically a long bushwalk/hike. You can choose to do 30km, 48km, or 96km. She did the 48 with her school last year. We were thinking about doing either a family team, or me and her vs my partner and stepdaughter and make it a fun little race. Either way, need to start training for that, it's 7 months away still but will be here before we know it.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I should have added this to my last post...

I noticed there's a step challenge area on the spreadsheet, but I haven't seen anything on it here in the discussion. Can we start this for October?
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I noticed there's a step challenge area on the spreadsheet, but I haven't seen anything on it here in the discussion. Can we start this for October?

I agree, we need an October step challenge.

@Cornanda I love my Fitbit semi-smartwatch also, and I don't want to pay smart watch prices either.

@trooworld your bob is so cute!!

@FushiaKat Mr. Snicket is absolutely adorable!!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, was my mom's birthday. She is 77 yrs young. I did a 3-mile "Walk at Home" miracle miles workout because I knew we were having a little party for her at a fancy Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious, and I wound up having 2 drinks and a shot (at mom's request) lol, she had a great time. Knowing it was going to be a splurge night I'm glad I did the workout.

October is almost here, and I have a lot going on. My kids are taking me to Seattle to see Adam Sandler on the 13th, my sister and I are going to the "Pink" concert the 17th and hubby and I will be going to Oregon to the dunes for a week the 21st - 26th. My sister (24th) and her hubby are also going to the dunes, so her and I (15th) can celebrate our birthdays together. I'm so excited I can barely sleep.

Around the 1st of November we are taking off to Georgia for an unspecified amount of time. It's going to be a busy, busy time. I'm hoping to be home for Christmas.

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I'm happy to log the values. In the past, people have posted their daily step counts in the team thread, much like the weekly weigh-ins and then I update the spreadsheet.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @eagree Welcome to the team! It IS the best team, but I'm not biased lol. I can't wait to get to know you.

@FushiaKat OMG he is adorable! And you can tell he's well taken care of.

@megnolia82 Have a great day, thanks for popping in!

@Katmary71 I finally made the giant meatball last night, it was delicious! I can see why you make it frequently. I would love to come to Bow Wow Days! :D Sounds like you had a busy day. I'm glad you are better on track.

@steffibabiie Congrats on the loss! Yeah, I can't do the replying on the phone thing lol. Sounds like a lot of stress right now for you, I am glad you took a mental health day, sounds nice. The bushwalk/hike sounds like a good thing to work towards. Good luck!

@steffibabiie @DrewsAnna I will keep this in mind. Maybe we can have a challenge for October that is either steps or active minutes so that people that have physical challenges can still participate!

@DrewsAnna Thank you! Happy birthday to your mom! I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sounds like October will be a fun month.

Hi all! I totally spaced: yesterday was the last day of our junk food challenge! How did you do? I did so-so. It really helped to have that goal to focus on. I made some progress. Stay tuned for October's challenge!

On another note, today is my birthday and I am taking tomorrow through Friday off work! It should be fun.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - Mr Snicket is beautiful!

My turn...this is Earl:
    n64io6w28ao4.jpg
    You've probably all seen this photo before; it's my favorite picture of Earl!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    Another new Slimpossible on the way for October! Please welcome @AJV2688 :smiley:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I started another Stridekick account

Shmoo69

If y'all want to give me another add.
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @AJV2688 @eagree : Welcome to you both!!

@megnolia82 : Thanks--I'm doing much better now. Glad you're feeling better, too. Thanks for the butt kick, lol.

@AmbersWay : Hope you got some personal time. Families can be tough for sure. You handled it great, tho, for walking instead of blowing up! <3 Not sure I would have as much class ;-).

@FushiaKat : Oof, that's one adorable kitty. Mr. Snicket looks like a wise cat--his first name isn't Lemony, is it? He's rocking that bandana! Gorgeous photo.

@micaroo4 : Earl is the cutest! And he probably knows it, lol. Lovely photo.

@steffibabiie : Great loss! Hope the mental health day was good. Banana bread sounds yum right about now. I made some low sugar pumpkin bread last week and sectioned it off to freeze. That way I can eat a slice without getting into trouble. Here's me cheering you on for whatever hike you choose to do! Love it! Good goal to work towards.

Took the dog on a 2-mile walk, she wanted more but my bionic ankle (I have a pin in it) was saying no--it's been acting up a bit lately. I'll hopefully get out again tonight. Getting old is not for sissies!

@trooworld : Thanks for setting up a step thing for October!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    @FushiaKat - Mr Snicket is beautiful!

My turn...this is Earl:
    n64io6w28ao4.jpg
    You've probably all seen this photo before; it's my favorite picture of Earl!

Beautiful ❤️
This discussion has been closed.