Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @crhillis @davidji82 Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 I did the Dia de los Muertos one, which goes around Oaxaca (Mexico), so yes, got postcards and Google Maps views, it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you got the blood work done and food prepped.

@laurelfit57 I'm sure you will do well! That's great you had froze some things. Good idea! I have some servings of chili in the freezer myself. Have fun with the grandkids!

@AmbersWay Yeah just jump in where you can. I hope you can get your stomach issue figured out.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm sorry you had a tough week. I hope this next week is better.

Hi all. I did it! I had given myself until Feb 15 to finish the Dia de los Muertos challenge but I finished early yesterday morning. I went ahead and signed up for the Scooby Doo challenge and my best friend signed up, too, so we are going to be a team! Speaking of my best friend, she's coming from Colorado today for the weekend. We've got a lot of fun things planned. Today, we are going to the beach and have breakfast and then walk on the boardwalk, go shopping, and go to a concert (The Cult). Have a great Friday!

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 6,255 / 6,000, 68 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 246
    CW: 247
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 130.0
    CW: 132.0
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Laurelfit57 Yep they came close to stopping me but the scheduler and I were too stubborn to give up! Oh good I'm glad you had meals prepped and ready to go for when you come home late, great reason not to use the time as an excuse to go through a drive-thru being so prepared. Have an awesome sleepover!

@AmbersWay Just jump in wherever you want, I know the larger amount of unread posts are intimidating but ultimately we all are wondering how you are versus expecting responses so please don't feel bad. If I miss a night I get stressed out too so I get it, sometimes I'll go back a bit and other times I'll just do an update and come back the next night. Hard to say on the stomach issues, your body could still be adapting to being off the meds or something physical. If it keeps up definitely get it checked out. I'm glad your appetite is back!

@megnolia82 Oh no I'm sorry to hear about all the aches this morning, I think one way or another this “journey” never stops fpr us if we're trying to be our best selves.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm sorry you had a lousy week, I know that especially is when those of us with weight issues want to eat the most. It's not really starting over you just wobbled a bit on the balance beam and it's time to take a deep breath and keep going.

@Cornanda Most of the problem has been my primary doctor's clinic, the surgeon's surgery coordinator yelled at the primary office and it helped a lot, I'm glad to know it's going to make a difference in the call center to know no one else will deal with that crap now. The office had told me the surgeon isn't quick to jump to surgery but he suggested it a couple minutes after looking at my records and talking but I honestly don't see an option but that. Thank you!

@trooworld Oh that's awesome I didn't realize it was one like that! It's funny how until joining here there's so many things I didn't know of to stay in shape like these awesome walks, YouTube videos with everything under the sun, fitness tracker stuff, etc. That's one of the pluses of our group and MFP in general is there's so much collective knowledge. Congratulations on finishing the walk, you really crushed it! I didn't know you could do team walks, that sounds fun. Have a great time with your bestie!

Hi team! Did a prescription run and went to the hospital for the shower kit and have been cleaning since getting home. A friend of mine on here and I try recipes together and we made Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash, I had it for lunch and it was super rich but tasty: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/27725353936458491/ I'm going out for ice cream in a bit with two friends. Have a wonderful Saturday!
  • eagree
    eagree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eagree
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Pw: 156.9
    Cw: 157
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!
    Rich got more DNA results last night, and as before, the new results brought more questions than answers. It seems there are MORE siblings of his birth mother out there...siblings who were given up for adoption. We think we may have found 2 more and we are trying to contact them through Ancestry. The problem with Ancestry is that we have to wait for them to log into the program and see their messages. Rich is going to give it about a week, and then he's going to actively try to search for them. But right now, all we have are names. We don't know their middle names or initials, we don't know their ages, and we don't know where in the world they are presently living. Finding them on our own would be impossible (one is named Smith and the other is Johnson). Anyway, we got the DNA information around 6:00pm last evening and it threw us into pandemonium and wrecked our sleep.
    I was supposed to travel back to Bangor on Thursday through Sunday of the coming week, but I made the decision to decline to take the trip. My cat sitter and my alternate cat sitter are both unavailable, and I don't really have time to vet a new person. I didn't really want to go anyway, so declining was absolutely the right decision, but I have a difficult time saying no to people. Declining this trip was a big deal for me.
    -Mica
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 203
    CW 202.1
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 210.4
    Today’s Weight: 210.6
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 259
    CW: 262
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW- 255
    CW- 248.4

Meal prepping helped me so much this week. I did so go controlling my snacking and focus heavy on increasing protein and easing back the carbs. Didn't get in any exercise this week but going get back into walking for this coming week. I'm going to a medieval faire today with my boys and I'm looking forward to it. I'm go to dress up in an outfit that I got for the faire so excited for that too. Before I didn't bother dressing up for Halloween or festivals because I felt self-conscious about the way I looked. But I've gained some confidence these last few months.

Hope you all have an excellent week.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all those who had a loss this week 🎉

@micaroo4 that’s fascinating that your husband is finding more family. I hope he gets responses soon. Good for you being able to decline a trip. I’m the same, I tend to push myself and have had to step back from that in recent times.

@Katmary71 I am so happy that things are coming along. Are you all ready now? I know the preparation it takes. I try to always have a hospital bag ready, to decrease the prep time, if I go in unexpectedly. I hope you will be able to give us an update.

@trooworld congrats on finishing your challenge and starting a new one. That’s great!

——

I need some extra accountability or something. So here goes…

Today, I got my 30 minutes of cycling in. Close to 10k steps already. Working to get off the carbs.

Eggs for breakfast
    Korean beef bowl with 1/4 rice for lunch
    Tuna on corn cracker
    Cucumber

Now to do the same tomorrow.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The October Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, October 22nd. Please join us for the ONE EXTRA HOUR CHALLENGE! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10901907/october-week-4-group-challenge-one-extra-hour#latest

Hope to see you in the chat!
    Jessica :blush:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 223
    CW: 222
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options

@Katmary71 Yes, true! Thank you! Yes, you can create a team with a name and a photo and it is fun. Thanks! That sounds like a really good recipe. I'll check it out, thanks.

@micaroo4 How interesting to find more relatives for Rich. I hope you can actually find them. Congrats on saying no, that can be hard!

@tammymccrady6278 @Digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@865jessica Wowza, congrats! Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun.

@AmbersWay Thank you! Great job yesterday.

Hi all. I had fun yesterday: we went to a gem show at the fairgrounds where I bought a glass Buddha pendant. Then we walked around looking for some beads to put with the pendant. I didn't see anything so we decided to go to Old Town San Diego to a bead shop that we love. I found some nice yellow amber beads (1,000,000+ years old), blue antique Dutch glass beads (made in 1500-1800 AD), some green Hebron beads (1300-1400 AD) and some vintage yellowish serpentine donut-shaped beads to put together with the pendant as a necklace. I used light blue cotton cord to string the necklace on. It came out really nicely. I also got these cool green uranium glass beads that glow under black light, to make a necklace and earring set. We walked around a bit there and then later went to Little Italy for dinner. I had spaghetti & meatballs and some focaccia along with some wine. We also had chocolate opera cake for dessert. My husband met us down there afterwards and we walked around Little Italy. Then we went for a beer and walked around more. 9,643 steps. This morning, we are headed to the beach for a nice walk on the boardwalk. Here's a picture from last night with my necklace I made, my glass of wine and plate of oil/vinegar for the focaccia, and the outside of the restaurant. Also, thanks to all this walking, I finished my Scooby Doo Challenge early!

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 9,643 / 6,000, 106 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

sn4tovi6xb4l.jpg
    1gab23z39ebj.jpg
    071witlw2ya8.jpg
    w9wio3fitgxq.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 170.3
    CW 169.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

panqdtqaxbmv.png
    f48k0mt3fopm.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    wlik298130ty.png

By Pounds
    ywcpv5ibwjrl.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mndsfseqxifu.png
    e5rm07jdlshx.png

By Pounds
    pb3h1yd5pzed.png

Team Winners
    eszxhxq0wj6n.png
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm late, I'm late !!!

Day - Friday
    bethanie0825

I forgot to weigh myself before I had Thai for lunch and state fair food for dinner so I'm going to use last week's weight. Which I believe is 260.4 or 261.4
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.2
    Oct.1: 218.8
    Oct.8: 221.6
    Oct.15: 220.8
    Oct. 22: 220
  • 19shmoo69