Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Congrats goes to @steffibabiie for achieving 2nd place by percentage! And a shout out to @laurelfit57 and @eagree for making it onto the leaderboard! Way to go!

@elelja945 @sleepygirl79 @DebJB30 @AmbersWay Congrats on the losses!

@laurelfit57 That sounds so fun! Everyone looks like they had a good time (even Vannie!). Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thank you! That's cool you got a week of free yoga and the gift card. Interesting about the volunteer. Good luck today!

@micaroo4 That looks cool. Enjoy your vacation!

Hi all. Does anyone have a walking pad? I just ordered one, this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C5R2P12S/ I'm hoping it gets me more steps but the key is to actually use it lol. My work reimburses me up to $300 a year for fitness-related stuff. My husband has spent most of that but I was able to get reimbursed for $52 of the cost. It's coming sometime this week. We didn't end up going to the zoo: the road was closed for a marathon. What a bummer!

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 4,789 / 6,000, 53 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - I've been thinking about one of those under-desk treadmills for quite some time, but never made the plunge. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has one, how much it's used and how they like it.
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    DaveJ_43
    Weigh In Monday
    PW: 234.8
    CW: 233.8
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I need to switch back to Sunday weigh-ins. I absolutely can NOT remember to do it on Fridays...sorry!

vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 204.0
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 87.15 | 192.13lbs
    CW: 85.95kg | 189.49lbs
    Progress from SW: -9.7kg | -21.38lbs

My Info:
    Working with a dietitian and my doctor to get healthy, feel great, and set a good example for my girls!
    Height: 162.5cm | 5’4”
    Starting Weight on 28.08.23: 95.65kg | 210.87lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: < 72.5kg | < 160lbs
    Daily Calorie Target: 1400-1600
    Macro Breakdown: 40f/30c/30p
    Diet: mostly Mediterranean; focus on whole foods; no alcohol; limit added sugars.
    Intermittent Fasting: 16/8 (for now – hopefully back to ADF in the future)
    Workouts: cardio and/or body weight circuits 6x per week

I’ve been trying to be more consistent with exercise. A sore hip (actually a spot at the very top of the hip bone, not in the actual hip) has been making that difficult though. I’ve been to the doctor and she sent me for an x-ray (which, as expected, showed nothing - she should have sent me for an mri). She wasn’t too concerned and just said avoid the exercises that irritate it. Which is basically anything that uses or stretches the obliques. So I've been sticking with walking, except for yesterday I took the day off as I was pretty busy with other commitments. Walking does irritate it slightly, but if I stretch when I finish and ice it, the pain isn’t too bad. I’ll stick with just walking for a few more days and then try to add the strength training back in if it’s feeling better.
    Other than that, life’s busy! This week is my daughter’s last week of actual school, then she has her year 12 exams so she only goes on certain days for a few hours, and then graduation! Work is crazy busy as well, which is good, but also keeps me seated at my desk a lot more. It’ll be interesting to see how well I manage through the end of the year, given that I love structure and routine and everything is about to be a bit more chaotic.

@vegan4lyfe2012 ADHD here too. It definitely is a relief to be able to look at things and be like "oh that's why..." Your grandbabies are adorable!

@megnolia82 that's wonderful! Sounds like it isn't just the weight loss, but an entire mood boost, congrats!

@micaroo4 enjoy your vacation! Halloween Overload looks pretty cool. Halloween is just starting to catch here in Australia (thanks to social media) but no one can ever sort out the day. Most people think it's on Friday the 13th (which we actually did have in October this year, but obviously not every year 🙄)

@DebJB30 hopefully the cortisone and physical therapy can bring you some relief!

@19shmoo69 congrats again on your efforts in the marathon! How's the recovery going?

@trooworld that's amazing that your work reimburses you. I wish mine did (self-employed 😂) I've never tried one of the desk treadmills, but I have heard great things about them! Let us now how you like it!

@Katmary71 sending all the best wishes for your upcoming surgery, and hoping you were able to get in for the scans you needed 🧡
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie I'm doing so much better. I can walk unassisted.
    @Katmary71 that's it gurl threaten them until they "decide" to be your friend. I mean it worked on me.

@trooworld I have to admit you got me with the "walking pad". I was like oooooo what's a walking pad? I may need to see if I can get one. Boooooooom!!! Treadmill. You're like a fitness ninja. Good movie Troo Good movie indeed.

@vegan4lyfe2012 grandbabies are awesome. I got to see my Mago this weekend. I try to get moochies and he giggles and turns away.

To my other teammates hugs and hi-5's!!!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I was going through really old emails. I found the first training/ nutrition program I had paid for. I'm going to give another try. I'm starting it Monday. I did notice that the protein/carb ratio wasn't correct. I'm thinking that is why it didn't work before.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @DebJB30 That's great I'm glad you're to wait to exercise since sometimes you can be sore after getting the shots, hopefully it will have calmed things down in time to help get through PT. It's great you were referred to PT, most the time they give you the injection and send you off but if you're doing things to strengthen the area I hope it will hurt less in the long run.

@AmbersWay I was going to comment on how you must be feeling better by those steps, you're doing wonderful!

@micaroo4 That's great steps for being in the car most the day yesterday! Halloween Overload looks awesome, I love that skull! Hope your vacation is wonderful.

@trooworld How cool your work reimbursed for some of the walking pad, makes a lot of sense to support employee health. That's bigger than I was expecting, let us know what you think of it. Boo on no zoo, I love seeing your photos from there and know it's a great zoo.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow you're getting a bunch of grandchildren all at once, I forgot about Ollipop coming soon. They're lucky to all be so close in age. I'm in the oldest group on both sides of the family and felt real bad for the kids in the middle who don't have cousins around the same age, my cousins were some of my closest friends when I was young. Sophie and Byron are so cute together and just beautiful, love how they match! I know you're dealing with incredible stress but I know your life is also filled with a lot of love.

@megnolia82 That's wonderful I'm so glad you're getting awesome feedback! What's fun is getting complimented on your crocheting skills too so it's like you're being complimented on the full picture of who you are. Very awesome, I love hearing you're happier now and more confident.

@steffibabiie Well that's frustrating feedback from your doctor with your hip pain, geez. Have you ever measured your legs? I'm wondering if maybe one is a little longer than the other, if so putting a pad in your shoe could help if it's from your hips being imbalanced. There's some good PT's on YouTube if you'd like names to see if they have anything on it. I feel the best about recommending Bob and Brad as I haven't been flared up by their videos at all. Thank you, I did get all the tests but blood work done today.

Hi friends! I woke up around 2:30 and just stayed up and worked out which meant I was pretty tired. I was sent to the wrong place for imaging which meant I was late and freaking out, luckily they still did the CT scan then I went across the street to urgent care and had the EKG. Took a few hours but that's better than Thursday and Friday at the empty clinic who never called me. I'm EXTREMELY tempted to go in there with a sleeping bag or tent and set myself up in a corner just to be a jerk then post it on social media but I'll pass on going to jail right now. Not much else going on, I'm wiped out and have been lazy since I got home. I'm going to do a little in the yard then bath and reading time. Have a great Tuesday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 I am definitely in for being the motivator for the 23rd until the 28th,@eagree would that work for you if you pick it up on the 28th?

@19shmoo69 huge congratulations on doing 12 miles!! What an accomplishment!

@megnolia82 congrats on the loss and being to your pre-Covid weight!! Fingers crossed that all your hopes come true :-) :-)

@Trooworld sounds like you are getting a lot of activity in outdoors these days, good for you! I am sorry that the zoo was closed,. That’s awesome that you get $300 a year to spend towards fitness stuff! L O L on your husband spending your fitness allowance.🤣

@badnoodle that Mexican food and hot wings can be a deadly combination!

@katmary71 it sounds like you had a great day evening at the appreciation dinner! How great that you got yoga classes and you can go with a group! You definitely deserve ‘it!!! I am so glad that you were able to get your testing done! I would have paid money to have seen you camped out in their office in your sleeping bag🤣

@micaroo4 it looks like you guys are having a great time! The colours around there are so beautiful in the fall!! my son-in-law has one of those under the desk treadmill‘s. It is in one of their remote offices, and I know he uses it all the time when he is there.

I am falling asleep, while at my computer, another busy day🤣. I will just quickly say I had a great day today, got to the gym did a bunch of running around and now I am done. I stayed on track, I think I am going to concentrate more on my protein this week.
    I hope I will try to get on here sooner tomorrow, and I’m sure I won’t miss anybody :-)
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 the doctor did actually mention that might be a cause, as it would throw my hips out of alignment. She did have me stand a few different ways and walk a bit and had a good look at where/how even my hips were, and didn't seem concerned about it. Up until the past couple weeks, I've never had hip pain before either. Dr. Google says "enthesopathy of the iliac crest" which basically just needs rest, if caused from overuse or strain. I'm guessing that's it, because it showed up right when I jumped back into strength training and trying to run for spurts during my walks. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4- Spooky photo, I hope you enjoy your vacation.
    @laurelfit57- Looks like you had a lot of fun with your grandkids.

Hi there everybody
    Been busy with sick kids for a little over a week now. It's just making the rounds through the family. I have a meal plan for this week so I feel confident about getting back on track with my calories. Hope everyone's week is starting great.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 @vegan4lyfe2012 - your grand babies are sooooo beautiful

@Katmary71 - glad things are moving along with the surgery prep.

Last week, I got MORE than 45 min per day in of exercise- Yay me!

I am annoyed with my fitbit though, or maybe it's Google. I am having a hard time finding all my exercise for the day if I exercise twice (I've added a walk on my lunch break some days) I just see the second exercise. I'm going to have to mess around with the app more.

Bought Gus a rope toy that's shaped like a spider- lots of legs to chew. He's absolutely bonkers over it.

OK, it's time to get exercising! Happy Tuesday!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Yeah I watched some videos on YouTube about people's experiences. It seems like a good investment for me. I would be interested in other's experiences as well.

@DaveJ_43 Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you got the correct diagnosis, it makes it so much easier to handle/treat when it is correct. Wait...are both daughters pregnant? I knew one was. That is just the most adorable picture of the babies!!!

@megnolia82 How nice for your husband to notice! And all the compliments, it feels good to get compliments sometimes. That's funny about your hair. Yay for feeling better and being happier!

@steffibabiie Congrats on the loss! Sorry about the hip. I hope it gets better soon. Yeah, I love that my work reimburses me. I will definitely report back about the treadmill!

@19shmoo69 HAHAHAHA! Yep it's a treadmill. How are you feeling now that the marathon is over? I see you can walk unassisted, which is good. Good luck with the training/nutrition program.

@Katmary71 Yes! It's a benefit that just started last year and I love it. I can use it to pay gym fees, fitness equipment, even student loan payments (although it wouldn't even pay one month for me lol). I will give a report when I get it. It is a great zoo! I've been tempted to just get up when I wake up at 2-3 in the morning but I don't. You must have been tired! lol...yes pass on that idea! :D

@laurelfit57 I am trying to get as much as I can. Yeah the zoo road being closed was a bummer. I wish I wouldn't have let my husband spend my fitness money because that walking pad could have been free if he hadn't lol. Thanks to both you and @eagree for stepping up to be temporary motivators! Yay for a great day.

@Cornanda Way to go! I think we are due for a Gus picture ;).

Hi all. Doing okay here. My new walking pad comes no later than Saturday and I can't wait. I'm off to pretrack my meals. Have a good day!

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 6,146 / 6,000, 67 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I need to switch back to Sunday weigh-ins. I absolutely can NOT remember to do it on Fridays...sorry!

vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 204.0

All set! :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    @865jessica that is tough having to deal with sick kids for a week, I remember it well. Good for you for having a meal plan for the week, that is always so helpful!

@Cornanda you are really getting some serious exercising, good for you! I am with you on the annoyance of the new Fitbit app! I hope they step up their game. I had to get a new Fitbit watch, I broke my last one.🥴. Because I got a new Fitbit watch I got the premium app for six months for free. I am not even impressed with that. Gus’ toy sounds too cute! Please put up a new picture with that puppy, it’s been quite a while since I’ve seen him.

@trooworld I had never heard of a walking pad before you mentioned it. Am I looking at the right thing, does it kind of looks like a mini treadmill? You are going to have to let us know how it works. I have also started pre-tracking my meals every morning. I did a lot of cooking and freezing, so I’m finding it easy to do this time around.

The wind is getting very cold here, it felt like a cold fall/winter day. I didn’t make my 10,000 steps today, that’s OK, I’m sure it will even out tomorrow
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 42 of 52

PW: 137.8
    CW: 138.0

My rib is all healed up now, thank goodness. It's been too hot to do yardwork, but I did manage 1.5 hours Saturday morning. My weights creeping up, I'm giving up cheese and nuts for a week, holidays are just around the corner, and I need some wiggle room. My cat gets her stitches out on Friday, he had a hematoma on her ear and needed surgery. She's back to being herself. I have a 3 month check up in the morning, not expecting any bad news. My left hearing aid stopped working and it had to be sent in for repairs, I had him adjust my second set but the right one is too loud and whining in my ear, so I need to go back for another adjustment. But it is nice to be able to hear phone calls.

Hugs to @Katmary71 I hope your surgery is successful and brings your relief. And don't be too stressed out about pre-op tests.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    We are traveling home today, leaving around 7:30am. We are driving home a longer, slower route so we can view more of the north country. We're going east from Colebrook to Errol, then south through Berlin. Hoping for clear skies so we can get some nice photos of Mount Washington and the White Mountains. The foliage isn't that great this year, but there's still some color.

-Mica
This discussion has been closed.