Hello from Germany

Options
jdpa2102
jdpa2102 Posts: 1 Member
Hello fellow (aspiring) clean eaters. We're stationed in Germany and I'm trying out the SAHM thing. I moved from a pretty active job to entirely too much freedom. I've lost weight before with clean eating and I remember how strong and energetic I felt. So, I'm giving it a go again. My goals are a little different now -- I want to control some medical issues (torn muscles, arthritis, feeling down, low energy) and then some more of the same -- more energy for my kids, and to LGN for my spouse. I started a Whole30 (a paleo whole food clean eating type diet) today and I am planning to do a high-produce keto diet afterwards. I feel pretty strongly about avoiding chemicals and processed foods. I need to lose 20 lbs and would like to lose 35.

Replies

• danamacbellsouthnet403
    Options
    Way to go! Those all seem like wonderful motivations and goals. I need to lose about 40 pounds and have dabbled with clean eating before but just never went all in. Today I begin no sugar and Im also going to do no additives. Good luck to you!!
  • loveywurster
    loveywurster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im new at this so be patient. Whole foods are a great way to start weight loss. be sure to get all of the protein you need. 100 grams a day is a good goal. I feel way better since I gave up soda, alcohol, except on special occasions, and regulated sugar and salt. eating well today prevents a load of trouble for tomorrow. The very best to you, friend.
  • Philomath007
    Philomath007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to eat clean. I am with you! When I do not eat "clean", my energy is extremely low and I find aches and pains pop up in my joints. I've decided I would rather feel good with whole foods that support my life vision rather than, not so tantalizing foods that hijack my taste buds and drain my energy. Let's go!