WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    It's that time again - this coming week we open to new members for December. If you have any friends who would like to join us, send them this link! They can sign up and end 2023 with a bang. MFP might have its issues, but it is an easy one-stop-shop for tracking and community that still works well in its free version. Not perfect, but pretty danged good!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10903959/registration-for-new-members-december-2023#latest

If you are already here on the team, you do not need to register again. We'll keep you always unless told otherwise!
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!

Get these weigh-ins done by 10 hours from now! Thanks -

@MaddawgMadsen
    @conleywoods
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @leni1us
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    @jugar CAD prices never look as friendly from where I am sitting, it's true. I have admittedly continued to find some deals for black friday today - I've been a pretty good saver this year so it's nice to upgrade a bunch of stuff at once!

I drove home from NY today. Same as @lauren_989 , feels nice to be back in my bed. and I am conking out. got laundry done but no workout. I did walk a bit this morning which was nice - very chilly out.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK folks! Back to work - we had an overall gain last week (as did 3 of the 5 teams :grimace: ) but getting back on track will happen!

First weigh-ins of the week:
    Sunday:
    @YinxFed

Monday:
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,224 Member
    Options
    Join us this week for the November Week 5 Group Challenge as we relax a little with Self-Care Bingo! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904027/november-week-5-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

1ntpysthu2vm.png
    44e3y3jwgmt0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    26jez5icw9du.png

By Pounds
    2nnrk9t4tvon.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    5436hwsh9w7k.png
    brdsizjrvn2d.png

By Pounds
    ours8tv56k54.png

Team Winners
    qjxwbghv97fq.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Here are my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday 19th November - 3746
    Monday - 3850 / 48 mins HR Full Body Strength
    Tuesday - 5214
    Wednesday - 7244
    Thursday - 3162 / 68 mins Yoga
    Friday - 3448 / 45 mins HR Full Body Strength & Cardio
    Saturday - 3073
  • Kali225
    Options
    it is NOT 10:30pm! I slept in a little today, caught up with a friend on the phone, got my groceries done. Watched a lot of football. Now going to try to do some meal prep while the last game is on, and then get to bed. I'm pretty tired. Glad I got a 45 min walk in, although my foot definitely needs ice and rest tonight after that.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    it is NOT 10:30pm! I slept in a little today, caught up with a friend on the phone, got my groceries done. Watched a lot of football. Now going to try to do some meal prep while the last game is on, and then get to bed. I'm pretty tired. Glad I got a 45 min walk in, although my foot definitely needs ice and rest tonight after that.

Look at you all early and everything! Take that foot to bed and sleep the sleep of the virtuous :blush:
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well that was the most boring, nonproductive 4 day weekend ever! Neither the husband or I was feeling 100% so, we did not leave the house except for me to go get my CT scan. We did make a nice Thanksgiving dinner of beef tenderloin, melting potatoes, cheesy asparagus, roasted green beans, and roasted carrots. Haa haa see what I did there, you couldn't help but make your plate half veggies...

I got my CT scans back, and no break YAY! - Just some degenerative stuff and something called vacuum phenomenon, which is gas in the spine, and that's why the x-ray tech thought he saw a break. So that's great news, I can continue to work on having the strongest core ever and using muscles instead of my defective spine to hold me up! :)

I did get my husband to move my treadmill and I have a show I can watch while walking on it. The Gilded Age. Last time I was losing really well, I watched Downton Abby, and only watched it while I was on the treadmill. That seemed to work well for me, so why not try it again. I did 30 minutes yesterday and the time just flew by. Which is what I need because I get bored so quick on the treadmill, and really don't enjoy it.

I have alot to catch up on in here...

Have a fabulous day :)
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am back. And, I realized I forgot to have @jugar take me off the weigh-in list for last week. Sorry!

I had a blast in Mexico with my family for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was also my nephew's 18th birthday which is the legal drinking age in Mexico, so we took him out for a drink. Honestly, I did drink every day we were there, but I kept it almost exclusively to tequila shots and hard seltzers, which means I didn't overdo it with sugar. I weighed myself this morning and am up 1.6 lbs, but I have a feeling that is largely travel bloat. So, with my weigh-in on Wednesday, I am hoping to be close to where I was when I left. I didn't do any workouts like I planned (other than 45 minutes on a spin bike at the hotel on the way down), but I did get in exercise through walks along the beach, paddle boarding, golf, and other walks around town.

I've mostly caught up on posts since I left, and will carve out time soon to respond to them. Until then, enjoy these pictures of the beach my dog who was oh so happy when I finally came home.

k6p48go6tb1s.jpg

kl8rwj9ocgv4.jpg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,991 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ... You have a new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @petexj78 :)
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    PW 165.8
    CW 162.6

@MaddawgMadsen welcome back - Your dog looks like they are in bliss. Beautiful beach.

@Gidgitgoescrzy So glad to hear there's no break. great idea about walking while watching your shows. More productive and getting your activity in is amazing. Keep it up.

@YinxFed love the idea of dancing with a trainer online. Would be so much fun. Hope you get out of your cloud soon, we are here for you.

Put up the Christmas tree and decorations over the weekend. I love pulling everything out and rearranging the house. Puts so much spirit in me and give me a new sense of energy.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,991 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @LalasCrazyWorld :)
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 196.8
    CW: 196.1
    🐢
  • Kali225
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy yay on no break!! to the core and beyond!

@MaddawgMadsen love those pics, what a shot of the doggo

Just finished my lower body workout for the week. Tough one, glad I modified down to 3 rounds instead of the stated 5, would have been really taxing on the foot. Currently icing and then hopping in the shower.

I got thrown such a curveball in my commute this morning - I take the T in Boston downtown almost right to my office door. But today, I learned my line is closed for the cast majority of downtown stations for the next week so I had to get off early, get on a coach bus for 2 stops, and then walk the last few blocks. And then the reverse to get home. At least I work from home on Thursdays & Fridays! This was the Mondayiest Monday of all Mondays. But did net me some extra steps. ?
This discussion has been closed.