November Goals!!

Options
Two months left until the end of the year! Share your goals for the month!!

Replies

• DoahtheTreeFrog
    DoahtheTreeFrog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goals:

1: Lose 8 lbs
    CW: 143.7
    GW for Nov: 135

2: Gym 4 days/week

3: Be consistent with tracking on weekends
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the November thread @DoahtheTreeFrog!

Great goals! Im sure I did not reach my October goals so trying again to this month to lose a minimum of 5 pounds.

10k steps daily.
    64 oz water daily.
    Stay under daily calorie goal.
    Continue CG YouTube IRON series.

Doable if I’m disciplined. I find I try too hard to fit in a daily structured schedule and lose motivation if something throws me off! So this month I will grant myself more grace and try to reach my goals however I can whenever I can! So today that meant breakfast at 1pm, workout at 3 (not 11am) etc. but I will get it done!! 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @DoahtheTreeFrog happy to see another joining us on here. My overall goal is to be 135lbs.

November goals:
    Lose 5lbs/weigh 155lbs (CW 160lbs)
    64oz water per day
    Run 20miles
    Exercise 500minutes
    Improve posture

@CeeBeeSlim tryin to meet my goals this month too! Im definitely missing some discipline with snacking, drinking water, cooking for myself, and getting out and exercising.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Kitri2020 yeah. My mind says discipline. My tongue and belly say otherwise. I may have come to the sad conclusion that despite my workouts and walking I just can not go over 1200 calories - being short, “not so heavy” and older. I’m sedentary besides the exercise. I thought I could eat just a small fraction of my exercise calories back but that’s not helping me reach my goals. So I’m gonna text the next few days with doing under and see what happens.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

11/03: 137
    11/05: 136.2

I tried to post on Friday, but the app updated in the middle of posting so I gave up.

I got all my days of exercise in last week, though it wasn’t how I wanted. I’m having to baby my knees right now, so running was less. I drank extra water this week and it really made a difference with appetite control.

I did have a bit of extra chocolate around Halloween, but didn’t crave it and I think the extra water had a lot to do with that. Also, my husband insisted on getting full sized candy bars this year and that actually helped. The calories are listed clearly and I don’t feel like adding those big chunks of calories to my diary. It’s easier to pretend that a handful of small chocolates don’t add up to that same amount ;)

Overall, my diet last week was decent and I’m starting to see some payoff. I had to dress up on Friday and my dress fit well and didn’t look lumpy. I have a formal event coming up at the end of this month and I really hope I can fit into one of my dresses. I don’t have the energy to shop for a new one right now. I need to keep reminding myself of this and stay focused!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    135.8! I haven’t seen that number since April.

I realize looking at my numbers for this month that it looks like it’s a lot of weight at once, but I started at 42lbs in Aug so the scale just now registering my consistency.
    zugdi1alqos2.png
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    You go, @Cora0477! What a great feeling isn’t it! Keep up the great work!

Hoping to shed some recent crap eating weight. Down 1.4 pounds since yesterday. Had no processed foods and lots of water yesterday. Repeating it today! 🤞🤞🤞
  • DoahtheTreeFrog
    DoahtheTreeFrog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Done!

CW: 142.9

Didn’t hit the 2 lb mark to stay on track to my November Goal but I ate something I was allergic to and my body is retaining a lot of water right now 🙁

Only made it to the actual gym twice this but I worked longer hours 6 days this week so I count that as a win lol.

Anyways slow progress is still progress I guess! If anybody has tips for this journey let me know!
  • sgttonya
    sgttonya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    52 years old. 5'6, current weight 157. Goal weight 145. I have trouble staying off junk food and sweets when I am around it at church or social gatherings. I don't typically eat these things at home but am around it often. I have a difficult time telling myself no.
  • Kitri2020
    edited November 2023
    Options
    November goals:
    Lose 5lbs/weigh 155lbs (160lbs->157.2lbs)
    64oz water per day (nope)
    Run 20miles (noope)
    Exercise 500minutes (45min)
    Improve posture (nope)

I’ve been pretty sick with covid which has really put a damper on my goals. Im stressed out because i still have college work to do, deadlines coming up sunday and monday… im also having to cancel my massage for tomorrow. The weight loss looks great, but its because i have had zero appetite, barely stomaching 900 calories a day. Obviously, my milk production has dropped like crazy so now i cant help but feel like a failure. She hates the formulas i have tried to supplement with… My poor girl was sick as well, but thankfully she is better now. I think my new goals are just to focus on water intake, get my assignments done, and try try try to eat more.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Kitri2020 Oh my! Sorry to hear all this. Of course, you’re not a failure!! Glad to hear baby girl is feeling better. Just focus on small goals for now!

I’m doing well - once I stopped the crap eating - no surprise. Down a lil over 4 pounds since last Sunday but that’s the water weight I’m sure from less processed foods. Needed this boost to keep it up til Thanksgiving!!!
  • alwaysstayhungry
    Options
    I have been on MFP for several years on and off. I always do better with my eating habits when I have to write things down. My goal for the end of the year is to lose 10#. I need to lose 15-18, but I don't see that happening in before Jan. I am hoping that engaging in this community will me stay accountable.
    Tagged: 10+ LBS to Lose
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hello, just joined this group.

Started MFP in 2012, reached my goal and have hovered around it since then. I'm finding though, that my waist line has grown and I'm down right uncomfortable with it. I looked at some "recomp" posts on the message boards and I'm going to see if I can't lose the fat and gain more muscle. It takes a long time they say. But... I've got to do something, doing nothing just hasn't gotten me where I want to be.

November goal - Making better food choices... doing at least thirty minutes of lifting, 3 times a week. On days I lift, I will do less cardio.

Wishing everyone here the best of luck with their goals!
  • Kitri2020
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Well ive lost 5lbs already since the beginning of this month thanks to being sick. Finally feeling better now, but my sense of taste is all messed up! Besides every food tasting off, the big problem i face now is drinking water when it tastes like salt water. Drinking water makes me nauseous. Juices also taste metallic and bland. Ive been mixing some juice with my water to get it down but its really not good. Im hoping a new filter for my brita will make it taste tolerable. If not, ill probably search for a bottled water that tastes normal.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your illness @Kitri2020! Glad to hear though you’re feeling better.

I was on a roll with weight loss then little brothers thought I was getting too small, did what lil brothers do - bought in my kryptonite - and I was able to just look at it for three days. Then. I. Succumbed. My fault. My fault. Up a pound but now I’m back!

Can’t believe I gave in. Little brothers - can’t live with them, can’t kill’em. 😡
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @Kitri2020 - That's the worst way to lose, isn't it? Hope you are better soon.

@CeeBeeSlim - Lol about your kryptonite and little brothers!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I'm back from the big US trip. It was AWESOME !!!

But of course I've gained some kilo's while there, just to much good food. The only thing we couldn't eat was bread. I was so looking forward to eat a real American sub, and it was such a letdown because of the bread. We found a decent loaf in San Francisco, and the day before leaving home, we took refuge in a Belgian bakery, haha :smiley: Other than that, we had some great food and I was happy to finally try some local dishes (a bit too much obviously ...). I had my first pecan pie, pumpkin pie, real Mexican food, jelly beans and pop tarts.
    The funny thing is that food and drinks that we also have here tasted very differently. Somehow, cinnamon is different? How can that be?
    I've tried a Guinness beer which tasted differently, and hubby tried a Belgian beer and had the same experience. Brussels sprouts: completely different ! :astonished: They taste more like another specific cabbage that we also grow.
    So all in all, it was a very interesting culinary experience !
    But I'll have to join again in December, as there is some work to do on the weight side of things, unfortunately.

Have a nice day ladies! :kissing:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I made the December thread. :) I will Log in almost daily - Well that's my goal.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904158/december-end-the-year-strong-2023/p1?new=1
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Where have I been... just around... I worked a few months on my mindset, trying to get off the rollercoaster of beating myself up. I purchased a mindset/food freedom coach for a few months and finallly found some prgress. The progress has helped me relax and eat things I enjoy, not because I should or its health halo. But really to tune into my body and question, when I eat 50,000 Oreo's how do I feel? is it worth it? Does it make me feel focused and give me fuel and energy? <- this whole

The realization that when I eat sugar - regardless of the amount really, I feel like a drug addict, or alchololic (I don't do either, never have but, I presume this would be close in the feeling). I start to hyper focus on getting another hit. and it just takes a LITTLE bit. OMG.... and the swings in my mood go up and down and up and down. My energy tanks out. I take naps. I get edgy.

I'm still working thru the deload from sugar. I did SOOO good the 2 weeks before thanksgiving. Thanksgiving I had about 4 days where I was back at it. I'm working on a streak again, right now.

Yesterday went well ... I've made progress at work.
    When I joined you in ? April ? I was really hitting coffee, hot cocoa and sugar (like cups of sugar, not candy). And I am HAPPY to report that I don't do that anymore! I've not touched a CUP of sugar in forever, and I"m off the hot cocoa train (it lead to the sugar....).

I've been weighing myself monthly and Have not gained weight. I am pretty much exactly where I was in April. That's a positive thing, right?!?!? Not gaining is progess too.

I do some soundbowl meditations. A little yoga. and try to practice self care.

I have been buying new clothes to update my wardrobe - I feel so beautiful.

I didn't track my food for a LONG time...and I didn't gain weight. Granted, My goal has been to get 4-5# down....but I managed to NOT gain weight and NOT Tracking everything was part of a good mindset recovery for me.

I started lifting heavier weights and trying to gain more muscle mass (I guess?) Just overall trying to challenge my body lifting heavier weights. I've recently re-added in some HIIT cardio and CORE work.

I think I'm over my dads death from the end of February. I had a few dreams about him and the last one he was in a *new* body and ? in heaven? heavenly. Its hard to explain the dream... I was in a house, standing. It was me, I think someone else like my brother and then my dad and he was like youthful, in a perfect body. I remember that I really wanted to hug him but that wasn't possible ... I don't know if its because it was ghostly or something else. I don't remember talking much but I think we expressed love. as in I love you. My mom found this whole dream to be just what she needed to move on. She hasn't had dreams about him, but has really enjoyed my dreams. Anyway - for a long time I was eating crap I think as a way to cope with this and I feel I've moved on.

So I also found a facebook group (that I pay for) which has women in it that are lifting heavy and working on their Macros/calories and they all seem to be 40-70yrs old - which helps because they are LIKE me.... at 52yrs. and they have been working out for a while, and IDK...I just enjoy having a place in facebook land to see real women and not instagram models.

This post is Way to long.
    I need to sign off. I will post my goals in the Dec. Group when I get a chance.
  • Kitri2020
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @SherryRueter I remember when I had a habit of eating a million sugar cubes and no drink. Not gaining weight is definitely good, i think i gained about a pound over this thanksgiving week but thats alot better than what i thought i gained. Not logging everything and weighing yourself 3x a day is both good and bad, i feel like its a mental thing too.

My goal for eating more after being sick were met and then exceeded haha. And my taste is getting back to normal thank god! Ive been drinking a moderate-low amount of water, im not sure why i struggle so much with increasing my water intake. Ive been setting the goals but not changing my actions. I have not been working out at all… so much for trying my october goals again this month. I am sad to see my muscle progress disappear… i have to get back into the gym and start running again. And quit eating so many mashed potatoes!