Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope everyone is doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and today I will not be going to work. Today is my Aunt's funeral. Last night was the viewing. I did good. I did not cry. Although I could not go up to the casket because I just know I would lose it then. So I told Joe I did not want to go up there. I couldn't. He respected that. Tomorrow we will be at the funeral home and then the graveside so I am hoping things will not make me lose it while all that is going on. Then afterwards we have the luncheon.

@Kurtize - Those are so cute. Way to go.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Last night at the viewing I could not go up to the casket either. I know once i go up there I won't stop crying. Right now I can just pretend everything is ok. I did look at my aunt from a distance so I do get she is passed and I am not in denial. I just cannot be right up on her. I hope everything goes well from your xray. I have to start telling my doctor we have a serious history for heart disease. My aunt died from heart issues, her son at the age of 38 had a widow maker heart attack. He obviously died. So that is something I just never thought of as important. I assume it is now.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.—Sir Edmund Hillary
    I AM: I am tied to others in beautiful ways.
    Action for Happiness: Give sincere compliments to people you talk to today.
    Happy National Yoga Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.—Mark Twain
    Day 52 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.04 miles yesterday.
    Working 8AM-2PM then getting into the gym for my workout before coming home for dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. We ordered a new gas grill BBQ a small one that will fit on porch. Coming on Saturday, they will also be putting it together. Not much else new. Today 62,yesterday in 80's crazy. Have a good rest of the day, hugs and blessings.

Inspirational thought for the day: Improve what you can and accept all the rest of life just as it comes.
    Know that fear is your worst enemy - perhaps your only enemy. - Jonathan Lockwood Hui
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did today go? Did they have a gathering after for you all? I find those help when it's someone I really love. The laughter, the stories of them, often we hear things we didn't know and it's heartwarming, at other times it's just horribly funny, and of course some sad. Still it's helpful. I totally get the not going up to the viewing it's to much. I was forced to a few years ago for a very dear friend. My cats name is Izzy and my friend was called Izzy. Izzy (human) LOL teased the kitty before Izzy, horribly, so I named this Izzy (cat) and so Izzy (Human wouldn't tease her , now Izzy (Human) didn't hurt Princey at all with the teasing. It was a cute teasing, but still!! I didn't want to view Izzy (Human) up close, I wanted to remember her the way I saw her the last few times when we said goodbye to each other. She knew she would die.
    @Kurtize, GOOD IDEA to have them put it together!! Our last one we bought for here was pretty neat!! We decided to buy an end of the year model! It was already put together and QUITE the discount!! I was the President of the council everyone loved how much we saved. Me? I LOVE it came all put together!! We had a truck with us that was nice too!! SMART MOVE Joyce!! It's looking so nice!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a good day. The funeral yesterday was good and so was the luncheon. It really did help. We talked about Aunt Jean so much. It is so sad that her Husband my Uncle is not doing well either. She was taking care of him after his stroke this past summer. She cannot walk well and he is really in rough shape. I assume he will be the next to go. Which is sad. That will totally break my cousins I am sure.

@Kurtize - It is rough when the weather is a yoyo lately. I hope it is nice enough to get your grill and be able to use it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yesterday went well. I never went too close to her body. I just couldn't. I saw her from a distance that was good enough for me. The pastor said some things that were great and really put some things in perspective for me. It was a great service and we had a good get together afterwards. I stayed at the luncheon after for about an hour.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: By doing a little bit each day, you can get a lot accomplished.—Gretchen Rubin
    I AM: Everything will be done in time.
    Action for Happiness: Be gentle with someone who you feel inclined to criticize.
    Happy National Play Tennis Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Mo Farah
    Day 53 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.49 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting into the gym this morning for my workout then rest and catch up on a few podcasts.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,740 Member
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a nice, beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. my fiance says hello and thanks for all the well wishes. he is doing really well. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i did my strength training workout a while ago. i will be going for a long walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,948 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I finally got all caught up on the chat!
    @Tabatha_Cain -glad all went well with the funeral and that Joe could come with you. I think they are so strict on bereavement leave b/c so many people aren't honest about it. They will say they have relatives that they don't actually have just to get the time off.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Our grill comes tomorrow our plan is to bbq hot dogs, but a cold front is supposed to come in. We shall see, I don't trust the weatherman. Have a great evening and a wonderful weekend. Wishing you all a good weigh in. Hugs
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Smart move to not get to close to where your dear Aunt was. She'd not you in greater pain. You know that. Indeed the luncheon was a starting to heal place.
    @Cormierannie, Sounds like a very good day!
    @Bookienj, HI!! SO GOOD to see ya!!
    @Kurtize, what time do we come? Hehehehe!!

I had my scans today on my parathryoid. THey did pick up on one that has a tumor? Seems so! Next is the surgeons office to call set up when we will talk either on the phone or in person. After that surgery day! And I can finally start to feel better!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and we are going to be Door Dashing all day today. My back is killing me from yesterday. So I figured out that when I eat pizza like pizza from not our made at home stuff I get all swollen and hurting. It is bad. We just grabbed local pizza so I could get Door Dashing last night and it is the first time I feel like crap in a long time. I ate a lot of bread. So we typically use a cauliflower crust that has been frozen and then we add the low sugar pizza sauce and low fat ingredients and it tastes so good. It is like a thin crust pizza and we are fine the next day. Well I am so out of wack today. I think we are going to avoid actual restaurant made pizza. Ugh even my husband was saying he would rather have the healthier option and he is the pizza guru.

@cormierannie - So glad your fiance is doing well. I love beach walking. It is so nice with the warm sand.
    @bookieNJ - Yeah probably. I mean it has to be rough trying to prove all that. However my Dad's name is listed as her brother in her Obituary. So it wouldn't be hard to get proof and since I am telling the truth I have no issue supplying the proof that she was my aunt.
    @Kurtize - I have not been trusting the weatherman either.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I know she would not want me to be upset. I am sorry you have to have surgery. It stinks, but I am glad that after the surgery you will finally feel better.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The more people you inspire, the more people inspire you.—Simon Sinek
    I AM: Inam industrious, resourceful, and capable.
    Action for Happiness: Tell a loved one about the strengths that you see in them.
    Happy National Tortilla Chip Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.—Serena Williams
    Day 54 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.48 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM then off to church and dinner after that.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, It's good to know that you CAN still eat pizza, because you found the cauliflour crust is much better for you as well as the low sugar sauce etc. That's so cool to realize! AND it saves you money and it's so much better for you!! GREAT JOB!!! I'm sure work knows you are honest. Sadly some aren't which is what makes it harder on others, and so many rules. I'll go through the pain of surgery to feel better. Now to find out when I first will meet with the surgeon who will explain things to me, and WOOHOO we go from there!! WOOHOO!!!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Saturday. We are not having BBQ today, Don has never worked a gas grill and he has some questions so going to store tomorrow and talk to them. The weatherman now says tomorrow may one of the warmest days for 2/25, not 24 hours ago a cold front was coming in. I can guess the weather better. LOL

Have a great rest of the day, hugs
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, YUMMY Joyce!! I figure it's like using a gas stove, I have no issues with ours. I help to cook when we do the building BBQs. We usually cook 48 burgers, 48 hot dogs and 12 chickens! ALL in a span of 2 hrs and 30 mins! LOL It's so much SUPER FUN!! Next time we'll do some of the burgers at 11 they'll be done by 25 past , and the next bunch of 14 at noon along with 20 hot dogs! While they are grabbing those LOL We'll be ready with more!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and I am so ready to be in person for church. This is one time that we are able to sit and watch church together and are not on cameras or in the children's wing. It will be so nice. Then we are going to stop and visit with Joe's parents and then stop at his daughter's apartment to drop off somethings. Then home to door dash some more. Things are going pretty well today. I am feeling really crappy, but that is to be expected with my hormones all over the place right now. Ugh I hate perimenopause. It is just so much fun.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It is great that we have both figured out that we no longer want normal restaurant bought pizza. We would rather make our own at home. We need the healthy option.
    @Kurtize - That is what I am saying. I feel like they are just looking outside and guessing rather than actually telling us what it will be. I remember at one time when I was younger if they said it was going to rain it actually rained and now it is like oh guess it didn't rain maybe we will have some rain. It is more unpredictable than ever before.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Be like water making its way through cracks.—Bruce Lee
    I AM: I have a great body.
    Action for Happiness: Thank 3 people you feel grateful to and tell them why.
    Happy National Clam Chowder Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.—Nashawn Kelley
    Day 55 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.16 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-2:30PM so getting my AM walk in at work and then PM walk and Pliability/Mobility after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone, hope your day is going well. Not much new here. It is a beautiful day, it's 80 degrees and did break record for FEB 25. Have a great week. Hugs and blessings.
  • MagicalC13
    MagicalC13 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    👋👋
    Congratulations if you had a loss or stayed the same last week. If not you have another week to try. You got this.

I have a question: Is there a spot that the previous week's results are posted?

Good night and sweet dreams.!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited February 26
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, How did the morning go for you? Were you able to visit who you wanted to and drop things off to Joe's daughter? And last of aall How did it work out today for DoorDash?
    @Kurtize, Yo 80? That's just way too hot way too fast! Are you guys usually cold until about me ending March? We usually get snow through the month to March or at least come and possibly some in April. Oftentimes April was the month that we would get a really good blizzard. But as we know the earth has changed very greatly. I hope you enjoyed your evening.
    @MagicalC13, Glad to have you here with us! I can post you what are the captains of every team see. Many of them post it on Their team, If you're does not please ask them if they will. Here it is below. I'm going to go on to my computer to do it I'm on my phone.
    rnztjqepuwuw.png