CW: 233.8
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 4787
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal , tyvm Patrice. Ik I will. It just can't get here fast enough. Sigh
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Sounded like a nice walk despite the mud. I really enjoy being outdoors. I think it’s good for mental health.

@frankwbrown i haven’t really gotten into the garmin challenges too much because I only use my Garmin for running and use my Apple Watch for other activities, but I do love a challenge. Do you mind posting what ones you join next month?

For the past two years I’ve been participating in a challenge here on MyFitnessPal for biking. The goal was to do bike 2023 miles in 2023. I just crossed the finish line yesterday! I like it because it’s doable, but literally took me all year long. I’ll still bike a few more miles the rest of the year in case my math was off….

Have a great weekend everyone! It’s beautiful here, but I probably won’t ski because my husband went out of town- he’s my ski buddy. Plus, I need to get in my 18 mile run sometime over the next 3 days.

My son comes to Monday and my daughter and her fiancé comes home Friday. Looking forward to everyone being here!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW: 134
    CW: 132.8

Steps

7357 - not my 10,000 goal, but I finished my bike challenge so I’m happy! Plus, my quad muscle is feeling much better.

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure why my weigh-in was so high yesterday but I was relieved to see that the number on the scale was down 2.5 pounds lower without any changes in eating or other behavior since yesterday. I worked out with the personal trainer as usual for 30 minutes at our weekly session, but also had some higher calorie snacks. Usually, my weight stays fairly steady, even when the overall trajectory moves up or down. So, I’m glad yesterday was more of an anomaly and I’m looking forward to getting back on track after that ‘wake up call.’

My sons are coming home tomorrow so I’d like to put up the tree tonight so we can decorate it together tomorrow. My older son is inviting some of his friends to play a game at our house tomorrow night, and it will be good to add a few festive decorations. It will be so nice to have our family together again and see everyone!

Last night, I saw an early screening of The Boys in the Boat’ movie, which was also a fundraiser for the high school crew teams. It preferred the book but it’s a good movie and it was so fun to catch up with everyone in the community before the show started!

Have a great weekend Shape Shifters!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,283 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    December week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday, December 15
    PW: 242.1
    CW: 243.0 ( gained 0.9 lbs; 0.37% this week)
    LTD: (but still down 0.3 lbs this month)
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 12/12: 13,059
    Wed 12/13: 12,941
    Thu 12/14: 10,114
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I slept really well and almost woke up too late to put the bin for plastic at the street for emptying. Usually Tinus acts as an alarm, but he decided to be quiet this morning. I finally walked with my camera again, mostly because I really wanted pictures of goldcrests. Those tiny birds are everywhere in the forest at the moment, but they are really quick and never sit still so getting a picture isn't that easy. I am not really happy with what I managed to get so I will try again tomorrow. I did get a nice picture of a robin that I spotted in a tree pretty close to me. The walk was great; I really enjoyed myself.
    I went to the grocery store after dropping off my camera at home. I have decided to try simple cooking again, so I got some veggie burgers, potato wedges with peel and frozen broccoli. The potatoes and burger fit in the same pan and frozen broccoli is very fast to cook, so it didn't feel like too much work. Let's see if I can keep it up!
    Trying to go for more protein wasn't working out for me. I was just eating protein bars and protein yoghurt to get enough. It wasn't nice and also not very healthy. So I am going back to protein granola with a banana and soy quark which is very tasty. With the cooked food and a mexican burrito, it is a lot of veggies, fiber, nuts and some fruit; all of it is vegan which makes me feel better as well. I get around 60 grams of protein instead of 70ish, which I think is still good enough. Of course losing weight is going to make it better too since it lowers the amount of protein I need. Birbs under the spoiler. Happy Friday everyone <3
    zp05inokd0fr.jpg
    5lp3nyvw7sar.jpg
    zt3v2x6fw9nc.jpg
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Friday steps 3964
  • frankwbrown
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Pupowl Sounded like a nice walk despite the mud. I really enjoy being outdoors. I think it’s good for mental health.

@frankwbrown i haven’t really gotten into the garmin challenges too much because I only use my Garmin for running and use my Apple Watch for other activities, but I do love a challenge. Do you mind posting what ones you join next month?

For the past two years I’ve been participating in a challenge here on MyFitnessPal for biking. The goal was to do bike 2023 miles in 2023. I just crossed the finish line yesterday! I like it because it’s doable, but literally took me all year long. I’ll still bike a few more miles the rest of the year in case my math was off….

Have a great weekend everyone! It’s beautiful here, but I probably won’t ski because my husband went out of town- he’s my ski buddy. Plus, I need to get in my 18 mile run sometime over the next 3 days.

My son comes to Monday and my daughter and her fiancé comes home Friday. Looking forward to everyone being here!
    @SavageMrsMoose, I don't do them (yet), but these monthly Garmin challenges might be of particular interest to you as a cyclist:
    • Tour - record 400 kilometers of cycling activities during the month
    • Time to Ride - record 20 hours of cycling activities during the month
    • Weekend 40K - ride at least 40 kilometers in one cycling activity during one specific weekend
    The monthly challenges I join are fairly consistent, so January's challenges will most likely be:
    • Active January - record 20 activities of at least 20 minutes each during January
    • January Gains - record four hours of strength activities during January
    • January Warrior - record four hours of yoga activities during January
    • January Swim - record 4,000 meters of swimming during January
    • January Time to Swim - record four hours of swimming during January
    • January walking - walk 30 miles during January
    • January Time to Walk - record 15 hours of walking during January
    • January Rundown - run 50 miles during January
    • January Time to Run - record 10 hours of running during January
    • January Step Month - 300,000 steps during January
    • January Weekend 5K - complete a run of at least 5 kilometers during one specific weekend
    • January Weekend 10K - complete a run of at least 10 kilometers during one specific weekend
    • January Weekend Walking - complete a 3-mile walk during one specific weekend
    In addition to the monthly challenges, there's a number of repeatable timed challenges:
    • Rise and Grind - record activity between 4&7am for 7 consecutive days
    • Sleep Streak - get a Sleep Score of 75+ for 7 consecutive days
    • Sleep Savant - receive sleep data for 30 consecutive days
    • Hydration Streak - track 64 oz. of water daily for 30 consecutive days
    • 30 for 30 - record a 30-minute activity for 30 consecutive days
    • Run Streak - run at least 1 mile in a single activity for 30 consecutive days
    • Walk Streak - walk at least 1 mile in a single activity for 30 consecutive days
    • Swim Streak - swim every day for 30 consecutive days
    • 10K a Day Challenge - get 10,000 steps/day for 30 days in a row
    • 60-Day Goal Getter - hit your daily steps goal 60 days in a row
    I guess you could say I'm a badge junkie! 😄
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    Please excuse me for today and next Friday-I’ll be out of town.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 132.2
    CW: 129.8
    Have a good weekend everyone!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    PW:215
    CW:216

Should I stay on active over the holidays? I don't intend to try and loose weight until January, I'm aiming to stay in a 5lb range of where I am now.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 141.5
    CW 140.4
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW I doubt you are the only one who is going up around the holidays! If you think that weighing in will help you stay within the 5lb range, then I would say keep weighing in. It is only 2 more weigh ins until the month is over.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Pw 206.2
    Cw 206.8
This discussion has been closed.