Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW - Yikes! 😬 I’m sorry you got hurt while protecting your dog. I hope you feel better soon and neither of you had a lingering effects. That can be such a scary experience! ❤️‍🩹

@Pupowl - I love the photos and your stories of daily walks feels calming to me. This is a clear sign that I should incorporate more nature walks instead of living vicariously through your walks — but maybe I’ll strive for both! BTW, to my untrained eye, the goldcrest bird photos look nice! 🤩 Thanks for sharing them!

@nancyinmo - You’re story has been so inspiring! Keep up the good work you’re doing through life moves and other life transitions — Amazing!

@jessicakrall8 - I’m adding my appreciation for all you and @pupowl do for the group, along with @Cyncia85 for helping to motivate us!

Many thanks to everyone who posts regularly as a way to keep us all engaged in the group and focused on our progress, too! It helps me so much!

@PatriceFitnessPal and thank you to you too! <3
    I appreciate your thoughtful posts and replies.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @abowersgirl and @tatilove1988 - Welcome! I agree with @Pupowl that it’s worth celebrating every weigh-in we report, whether we register a loss or gain. I like your attitude about building healthy habits and trusting that following the process will eventually lead us to our goals in a sustainable way. We’re creating lifelong changes!

My father always said that guilt and shame are wasted emotions, encouraging us to reflect, learn, improve, and move on to try again. 😊

@PatriceFitnessPal - your Dad was right. I saw a post recently that is similar. The post said something like when we worry or feeling anxious, maybe we get into a shame spiral, we are borrowing tomorrow's grief. And wow! So true. I reflected if I am feeling anxious, I am not being present and enjoying the moment. I don't want to borrow imagined grief.

So like you and your Dad said, we reflect, learn, and decide how to move forward.

Progress > Perfection

How is something serving our growth and goals?

How is something moving the needle?
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I hope you're having a better week! :)
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    <3u
    4fe7rfohahno.jpg
    v43uvlizrma2.jpg
    And Tinus was cute. I moved his table in the sun so he was very happy.
    385eprmd0wcy.jpg

Tinus is the cutest
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    @pupowl what a disappointment with the walk. Glad you made it home with power left.

@Cyncia85 the pain is a lot better yesterday and today. I need to go for surgery next week Wednesday to either place pins or screws to stabilize the fracture. I’m happy to be on the path to recovery but not looking forward to more pain and healing. My dog is ok, not even shaken up by the dog attack. She is a little clingy to me, I think she recognizes I’m injured
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »

@Cyncia85 I'm trying...so far, so good except for the Finn storm...could do without this crazy wind! At least it's not snow in VA...and I have an interview tomorrow afternoon...
    Jessica
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/9: 16,410
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 164.3
    CW: 165.0
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/9 4,587
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I’d like to weigh in early this week as I am traveling to Houston today and I’m afraid the travel and different scale May skew my number up erroneously. Also, the scale was kind to me this morning for once so I want to encourage it’s good behavior.

@SavageMrsMoose

Friday weigh Ins

PW: 132.6

CW: 131.0
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose Tinus gets solensia (frunevetmab) for his spondylosis which is also a form of arthritis. He does very well on it, so I am happy to pay it, but it does hurt a little in my wallet since that is just one type of regular care he needs. Good luck with your race! I am sure you will do well.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/09. 14,239

@tatilove1988 Good luck on your plank challenge. It takes real discipline to do something like this every day.

I’m excited and nervous about my race Sunday. I’m in a position to get a PR because I’m healthy and well trained. Also- I’ve lost 30 pounds which- rule of thumb- equates to 1 minute per mile faster on a marathon time. Which means I could qualify for Boston- if everything goes well. That’s been a dream of mine since I started running 30 plus years ago. I ran the race for a charity in 2022 and it was all that I dreamed of and more. But to qualify? That would be another level. I’m trying not to pressure myself and have a good time. I should be proud of myself just for being able to finish- but I want to qualify. Fingers Crossed that I don’t get COVID in the next 5 days and the weather holds for me.

Thank you savage. I just completed day 3, and I must admit, the soreness is kicking my butt because I did legs yesterday and arms before. Today I took it easy though.

My SO does marathons and triathlons/ironman and he always trains with a set goal in mind. He’ll sometimes miss his goal by 2 or 3 minutes and be really upset for not planning better. He feels that little things like bathroom breaks, water breaks, and in the case of a triathlon, the transition time between each part has to be part of your training.
    I’m honestly just in awe whenever I see someone complete a marathon, and if I were to do one, that would be my only goal 🤭

I’d say good luck, but I know luck doesn’t have much to do with it. So, kill it! 💪 🏃🏼‍♂️

• Cyncia85
    edited January 11
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »

@Cyncia85 I'm trying...so far, so good except for the Finn storm...could do without this crazy wind! At least it's not snow in VA...and I have an interview tomorrow afternoon...
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    oh wow, are you looking for a new job?
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Steps

1/09. 14,239

@Pupowl that definitely did not look crossable. Sorry it was cold and frustrating. What type of painkillers does Tinus get? The vet has just started my dog on something called Librum- I think for her arthritis and it seems to help. It’s also expensive, but cheaper than another knee replacement for her.

@jessicakrall8 good luck on your interview!

@CasandraW good luck with your surgery next week. Honestly the whole experience sounded terrifying.

@tatilove1988 Good luck on your plank challenge. It takes real discipline to do something like this every day.

I’m excited and nervous about my race Sunday. I’m in a position to get a PR because I’m healthy and well trained. Also- I’ve lost 30 pounds which- rule of thumb- equates to 1 minute per mile faster on a marathon time. Which means I could qualify for Boston- if everything goes well. That’s been a dream of mine since I started running 30 plus years ago. I ran the race for a charity in 2022 and it was all that I dreamed of and more. But to qualify? That would be another level. I’m trying not to pressure myself and have a good time. I should be proud of myself just for being able to finish- but I want to qualify. Fingers Crossed that I don’t get COVID in the next 5 days and the weather holds for me.

@SavageMrsMoose - that is a really interesting rule of thumb when calculating marathon time. Has me curious for when I can commit more of my time to my physical fitness goals. I'll be rooting for you from Chicago on Sunday!
  • Cyncia85
    edited January 11
    Options

🏋️‍♀️🤸🧘🏻‍♀️🏃‍♀

Make a habit of going to the gym or working out at home - even it is for 20 minutes. The habit will grow.

💪💪💪
This discussion has been closed.