Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    Question:

What are some of your favourites in the following areas that you would recommend to the team for weight loss, fitness or self help:

[*] Podcasts
      [*] Books
      [*] Videos
      [*] Websites

Mine is a bit of a radical choice.... Never Binge Again, by Glenn Livingston. Its available free on amazon or as a pdf. It really changed the way i think about food and made a massive impact on my eating habits! Having lost 100lb i still live by the rules i made for myself using this book and i know its the reason I'm never regaining!
    1. aactuallyaash
      aactuallyaash Posts: 304 Member
      Options
      @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
      Tuesday
      Pw 240
      Cw 243

It's here! Moving this weekend from one of my most stressful times in life. I'm so excited!!
    2. Slimmersixties
      Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
      Options
      Slimmer sixties
      Friday weigh in

Pw 187.6
      Cw 187.6

Happy to be holding steady while I'm back at my house and not in the rv! One more week and I'm back in the rv and will be losing again!
    3. iLive2Walk
      iLive2Walk Posts: 3,835 Member
      Options
      Question:

What are some of your favourites in the following areas that you would recommend to the team for weight loss, fitness or self help:

Videos -
      Leslie Sansone - https://www.youtube.com/@LeslieSansonesWalkatHome
      Senior Shape Fitness - https://www.youtube.com/@SeniorShapeFitness
      Yes to Next - https://www.youtube.com/@yes2next
      Improved Health - https://www.youtube.com/@ImprovedHealth
      Paul Eugene - https://www.youtube.com/@PaulEugene
      Silver Sneakers - https://www.youtube.com/@silversneakers
      Websites
      Skinnytaste.com
      Eatingwell.com
      Silversneakers.com

4. aneedlecraft
      aneedlecraft Posts: 181 Member
      Options
      aneedlecraft
      Thursday check in
      PW: 319
      CW: 321
      NSV: Exercised for 30 minutes 12/15 workday mornings so far this month. I'm also up & moving around my classroom more - some of my students have even commented on it. (more puzzled than supportive, but still...)
    5. lindamtuck2018
      lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
      Options
      @itladyee
      Glad you got back on track. It’s funny how different things can derail us from our plan. It always seems that all those things seem to come on one day.

@NachDeezy
      You’re still losing so that’s great. Your dedication to your weight loss is impressive.
    6. rainyrae
      rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
      Options
      Steps:
      Tuesday: 3,233
      Wednesday: 3,644
      Rings: ❌❌
      Walk: 1/3
      Swim: 0/2

I miss coffee! I hope this nausea disappears soon so I can have a cup. I really love coffee. It’s a big part of my morning routine. I am going to try doing some walking today. I am not going to stress about the exercise though until things settle down.

Hope you have an amazing day.

Definitely, do not stress about the exercise. Just get well first! Hope you start feeling better soon!
    7. lindamtuck2018
      Options
      iLive2Walk wrote: »
      Question:

Videos -
      Leslie Sansone - https://www.youtube.com/@LeslieSansonesWalkatHome
      Senior Shape Fitness - https://www.youtube.com/@SeniorShapeFitness
      Yes to Next - https://www.youtube.com/@yes2next
      Improved Health - https://www.youtube.com/@ImprovedHealth
      Paul Eugene - https://www.youtube.com/@PaulEugene
      Silver Sneakers - https://www.youtube.com/@silversneakers
      Websites
      Skinnytaste.com
      Eatingwell.com
      Silversneakers.com

I need to try the silver sneakers site. Thanks for the reminder.
      aneedlecraft
      Thursday check in
      PW: 319
      CW: 321
      NSV: Exercised for 30 minutes 12/15 workday mornings so far this month. I'm also up & moving around my classroom more - some of my students have even commented on it. (more puzzled than supportive, but still...)

Great NSV!
      Slimmer sixties
      Friday weigh in

Pw 187.6
      Cw 187.6

Happy to be holding steady while I'm back at my house and not in the rv! One more week and I'm back in the rv and will be losing again!

Where are you going to in the rv? I know you said you were staying close to home.
      @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
      Tuesday
      Pw 240
      Cw 243

It's here! Moving this weekend from one of my most stressful times in life. I'm so excited!!

Good luck with the move. I know for me personally, stress makes weight loss harder. I am glad you are getting away from the stress.

8. rainyrae
      Options
      itladyee wrote: »
      Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: I had a BAD day Tuesday. It started with not being able to work out. I had full intention...walked out the door to an ice rink. I was very afraid of falling. Luckily I had not let go of the door, so I was able to steady myself and get back inside. If I had let go, I would have been stuck as this door does not open from the outside.

At any rate, I came back upstairs and turned on a youtube exercise channel. I did about 30 minutes but it was not the same. So I was bummed as I didn't get my exercise consequently my step count would be low etc.

I went in late to work to allow them to get some salt down, both in my apartment parking lot and the work lot. I got to work and my boss was taking orders for lunch....chick fi la...I had brought a nice healthy lunch but....sure...3 chicken strips and waffle fries later. The ALL or None mentality was kicking in!

My other boss decides, hey....we are going to give you more responsibility (in a field that I have no knowledge) but we can't pay you any more money.....

I get home and my husband who is also abstaining from alcohol says, lets have a pomegranate sour and proceeds to make a batch. I have no defense mechanism at this point. Why not? And I might as well skip the chicken in the fridge that I planned to cook, and we might as well have pizza (his sister gave him frozen pizza from a specialty restaurant for his birthday). I definitely had an ALL or NONE mentality and I need to fix that right away!

Good news, Wednesday and today I am back on track. I got my exercise in, had a healthy lunch and dinner, on Wednesday and great plans for today..... and no alcohol🙂

- THOUGHTS: Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork. (needed to hear that Tuesday!)

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
      ST = Moderate
      1/21 5,453 - no workout
      1/22 8,296 - ST 17 minutes
      1/23 3,893 - YouTube exercise video 30 - stretching and floor work.
      1/24 8,243- ST 15 minutes
      1/25
      1/26
      1/27

Weigh in Day: Friday
      Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
      1/5 221.6
      1/12 218.8
      1/17 216.8 (unofficial weigh in - just excited to see this movement)
      1/19 216.8
      1/26
      Total 6.8

What’s done is done and you got right back on track! That’s great! So glad you didn’t get hurt on the ice!
    9. FindingSamMon
      FindingSamMon Posts: 811 Member
      Options
      Thanks for all of the suggestions! I've already downloaded the Glenn Livingston book.

Friday Weigh-In

PW: 233.8
      CW: 233.6 - I'll take it!

Steps
      Goal: 6,000
      1/21 - 1,338
      1/22 - 6,573
      1/23 - 6,321
      1/24 - 2,154
      1/25 - 9,575
    10. lindamtuck2018
      Options
      Steps: 3,613
      Rings: ❌
      Walk: 1/3
      Swim: 0/2

PW 153.4
      CW 152.4

I am surprised it’s not a bigger loss as I have not ate a lot since Sunday. I went to the pool today. I took gravol 30 minutes before I planned on going. It wasn’t an intense workout. I did swimming, leg strengthening exercises and some cardio. I didn’t have much gas in the tank. I hope to go tomorrow morning.

I have my rheumatologist appointment today. I am excited to see what she has to say about my weight loss. I am going to discuss what she feels is a good goal weight for me.

Enjoy your Friday!

11. itladyee
      itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
      edited January 26
      Options
      NachDeezy wrote: »
      SW - 630
      PW - 432.6
      CW - 432.4

Bit of a slow down.. time to keep grindin!

Keep grindin!!!
    12. itladyee
      Options

Mine is a bit of a radical choice.... Never Binge Again, by Glenn Livingston. Its available free on amazon or as a pdf.

Free is awesome...so I will check this out.

My changer in 2023 is :
      fqmlghddy318.png
    13. itladyee
      Options
      Friday Weigh-In
      PW: 216.8
      CW: 216.4 meh...big picture - down 7.2 for the MONTH!

Recap: Wednesday = Good, Thursday = Good, Friday planned for good. A little disappointed in only a .4 loss but 1) I knew it would slow down (but not this slow) and 2) I did have a day over budget (only about 500 over though). One day making a huge difference really scares me for when I get to maintenance. Well, that's a long time off so for now...continue to trust the process. This next week will be critical for me. I stalled the last few days which messes with my mind. I'm also approaching where my body likes to "live" ~ 213.
      I will focus on my 4 goals and try to ignore the scale!

- Tracking/Under Calorie Budget 🍎
      - Macros - hit Protein ✅
      - Water - 64oz minimum 💧
      - Closing my rings M-F🚶🏽

- THOUGHTS: Slow and steady wins the race.

ST = Moderate
      1/21 5,453 - no workout
      1/25 8,.658 ST 36 minutes
      1/26
      1/27

1/5 221.6
      1/12 218.8
      1/19 216.8
      1/26 216.4 ~ not thrilled with today...but considering the big picture > down 7.2 for the MONTH! That's HUGE!
      Total 7.2
    14. Megan_smartiepants1970
      Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,784 Member
      Options
      Megan_smartiepants1970
      Weigh-in day - Friday
      PW: 254.8
      CW: 256.4
      I am not sure what is going on with my body but I will not give up
    15. Megan_smartiepants1970
      Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,784 Member
      Options
      itladyee wrote: »
      Friday Weigh-In
      PW: 216.8
      CW: 216.4 meh...big picture - down 7.2 for the MONTH!

Recap: Wednesday = Good, Thursday = Good, Friday planned for good. A little disappointed in only a .4 loss but 1) I knew it would slow down (but not this slow) and 2) I did have a day over budget (only about 500 over though). One day making a huge difference really scares me for when I get to maintenance. Well, that's a long time off so for now...continue to trust the process. This next week will be critical for me. I stalled the last few days which messes with my mind. I'm also approaching where my body likes to "live" ~ 213.
      I will focus on my 4 goals and try to ignore the scale!

- Tracking/Under Calorie Budget 🍎
      - Macros - hit Protein ✅
      - Water - 64oz minimum 💧
      - Closing my rings M-F🚶🏽

- THOUGHTS: Slow and steady wins the race.

ST = Moderate
      1/21 5,453 - no workout
      1/25 8,.658 ST 36 minutes
      1/26
      1/27

1/5 221.6
      1/12 218.8
      1/19 216.8
      1/26 216.4 ~ not thrilled with today...but considering the big picture > down 7.2 for the MONTH! That's HUGE!
      Total 7.2

I do not have an exercise video on the list .. I have stretching but no floor work

16. myhands4God
      myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
      Options

@itladyee " THOUGHTS: Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork. (needed to hear that Tuesday!)" I needed to hear that!!!!
    17. rainyrae
      Options
      @Megan_smartiepants1970

I’m gonna drop out of the step challenge. I’m not meeting my goal and rather than motivate me, it’s just making me like a failure and I definitely do not need to harbor that feeling. Thank you!
    18. lindamtuck2018
      Options
      rainyrae wrote: »
      @Megan_smartiepants1970

I’m gonna drop out of the step challenge. I’m not meeting my goal and rather than motivate me, it’s just making me like a failure and I definitely do not need to harbor that feeling. Thank you!

Have you thought of setting a lower goal. I started with a lower goal and have very slowly increased it. I use the step challenge as away to improve my walking. I am competing with myself.
    This discussion has been closed.