Options

Replies

• liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 295.2
    CW:292.9

Finally. The right direction! It was a tough December and January for me.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Jan 26, 2023)
    PW: 242
    CW: 242.2

3 weeks of losses in a row may have been too much to hope for but .2 lbs is a rounding error in my book so I'll take that as a wash and see if I can get down to that 240 - 241 range next Friday.

To myhands4God "Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork." That's deep and hits hard!
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    MyChoiceisaGoodLife Posts: 54 Member
    Options

MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh in Friday 01/26/24

PW: 161.4
    CW: 160
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,784 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I’m gonna drop out of the step challenge. I’m not meeting my goal and rather than motivate me, it’s just making me like a failure and I definitely do not need to harbor that feeling. Thank you!

I am sorry you are dropping out ... like Linda said you can lower your goal ... I can also just excuse you ... let me know what you want to do ..Thanks
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 27
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday Weigh-in, January 26, 2024

PW: 258 lbs
    CW: 259 lbs

Not freaking out. It is pure muscle!
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I’m gonna drop out of the step challenge. I’m not meeting my goal and rather than motivate me, it’s just making me like a failure and I definitely do not need to harbor that feeling. Thank you!

Very sorry to see you go. I can certainly understand, but just remember, put one foot in front of the other. Time is going to pass no matter what you are doing. Make walking fun by setting a goal, such as a destination. You don’t have to walk a mile every time. Sometimes I walk to the bus stop, and it only takes me 10 minutes, but it is like 1000 steps. If I walk to the bus stop 2 times a day, that’s like 4,000 steps round trip. I do t k ow how, but I did over 23k steps yesterday. I caught the bus several times yesterday and I think I walked everywhere. I walked to the gym, then I walked to an AA meeting. Then I walked to the credit union, then to Walmart, then back home. Later I walked to the bus stop a few times. I got home last nite at 10:30 pm. I was exhausted, but I felt really proud of myself. Total sense of accomplishment. Did I set out to do 23k steps? Hell no! I typically average 10k steps/day.

Maybe you need to feel the shame, but don’t let it weigh you down and keep you from achieving greatness. Battle past the negative feelings, and get on with the fast realizations, the underlying dreams.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,835 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

ilive2walk
    PW: 161
    CW: 162.2 I tough one this week. Up and Down all week.
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    PW 179
    CW 179.4
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Saturday weigh in
    PW: 197.1
    CW: 197.2

Not thrilled but I think I know why. Three or four nights I had about a cup and a half of frozen grapes at night after dinner and we had two meals out this week. Even though I tried to order wisely, that hidden sodium and unknown calories gets me every time. Oh well, on to the next week 😁
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @prodigal6766

Thank you all! The support helps more than you know! I will stay in the challenge but maybe lower the daily amount to just 4000.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    I am going to swim. Back to comment and check in after we get our groceries.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 160.3
    CW 162.5
    Yikes! Add me to the list of people who struggled this week. Social events (with food), work events (with food), schedule changes (with missing workouts), and a concerning inability to get a grip. Plan to take some time today to unpack what exactly happened in the last seven days and work on ensuring course correction for this coming week. Think I might be leaning on you all a bit more than usual as I do that, so thank you in advance.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @prodigal6766

Thank you all! The support helps more than you know! I will stay in the challenge but maybe lower the daily amount to just 4000.

Glad you are not leaving the step challenge ... I will lower your steps to 4000 :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    The Week 5 Challenge is up! Dive on in and start sharing your magic numbers starting Sunday -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10908396/january-week-5-group-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1

See you there!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Mine is a bit of a radical choice.... Never Binge Again, by Glenn Livingston. Its available free on amazon or as a pdf.

Free is awesome...so I will check this out.

My changer in 2023 is :
    fqmlghddy318.png

I must try this. I really want to read more self help books.
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in day - Friday
    PW: 254.8
    CW: 256.4
    I am not sure what is going on with my body but I will not give up

We are all here to support you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 295.2
    CW:292.9

Finally. The right direction! It was a tough December and January for me.

Hopefully, things settle for you and get easier. Congrats on the loss.
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Jan 26, 2023)
    PW: 242
    CW: 242.2

3 weeks of losses in a row may have been too much to hope for but .2 lbs is a rounding error in my book so I'll take that as a wash and see if I can get down to that 240 - 241 range next Friday.

To myhands4God "Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork." That's deep and hits hard!

I always want to make the people in green for the month. You have to lose every week of the month long challenge to get that recognition. I very seldom have made it. My body doesn’t like to lose that many weeks in a row. That is a very powerful statement.
    MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh in Friday 01/26/24

PW: 161.4
    CW: 160

Nice loss!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday Weigh-in, January 26, 2024

PW: 258 lbs
    CW: 259 lbs

Not freaking out. It is pure muscle!

That is smart. We can sometimes freak out and it sends us spiraling. Moving onward with out looking back is what we all should do.

iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

ilive2walk
    PW: 161
    CW: 162.2 I tough one this week. Up and Down all week.

I believe you had quite a bit going on. How did your trivia night go?
    @lindamtuck2018

Saturday weigh in
    PW: 197.1
    CW: 197.2

Not thrilled but I think I know why. Three or four nights I had about a cup and a half of frozen grapes at night after dinner and we had two meals out this week. Even though I tried to order wisely, that hidden sodium and unknown calories gets me every time. Oh well, on to the next week 😁

Sodium is my mortal enemy. I find restaurants are getting sneaky with their menus. With some you have to look up the calories for each side as it’s not included. Glad you are sticking with the step challenge.

RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 160.3
    CW 162.5
    Yikes! Add me to the list of people who struggled this week. Social events (with food), work events (with food), schedule changes (with missing workouts), and a concerning inability to get a grip. Plan to take some time today to unpack what exactly happened in the last seven days and work on ensuring course correction for this coming week. Think I might be leaning on you all a bit more than usual as I do that, so thank you in advance.

Lean away! That is what we are here for.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 12,329
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 1/3
    Swim: 1/2

I did a shorter swim today as we had to get quite a bit done in the morning.

Have a great Saturday!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    After some advice .....
    I'm going to the usa for 6 weeks later this year. Which are the best restaurants to get low calorie/low carb meals? And best supermarkets for low calorie ready made meals?
    Appreciate all your wisdom!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Mine is a bit of a radical choice.... Never Binge Again, by Glenn Livingston. Its available free on amazon or as a pdf.

Free is awesome...so I will check this out.

My changer in 2023 is :
    fqmlghddy318.png

I must try this. I really want to read more self help books.
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in day - Friday
    PW: 254.8
    CW: 256.4
    I am not sure what is going on with my body but I will not give up

We are all here to support you.

Thanks Linda ... I have gone organic Keto and I am happy to say I have not had any migraines YAY for that .. just wish my body would catch up lol
This discussion has been closed.