Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Happy Leap Day!!💕💕💕
    8ary1fambq06.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,165 Member
    Options
    0bd2p9ldx56d.png
    WELCOME @melissataylor1986 to the team! We're glad you found your way to us! I'm Jessica, one of two Captains of the team, the other being @Pupowl . We're also blessed with two terrific Motivators in @Cyncia85 and @LaurieWrobo who share awesome and inspirational thoughts/quotes every day. You are surrounded by a very caring group of individuals from all walks of life and each of them is a new source of support for you! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT by sharing with the group as often as possible. You will get out of this group, what you put in, so sharing is caring...both for others and for yourself!

Take time to introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goals for March and beyond. Go back to PG 1 of this chat thread and read the FAQ file for answers to the most common newbie questions. If there's anything NOT there, please make a posting and I guarantee you'll get several responses.

Again, on behalf of the whole team, WELCOME! I hope you have a wonderful March! Trust me, we'll be sharing your successes very, VERY soon!

Jessica :smile:
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    My steps
    2/26 18,288
    2/27 11,474
    2/28 20,505
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Thank you @CasandraW & @PatriceFitnessPal 🙂 I know winning isn't everything & its the taking part that matters.The challenges add a bit of competition & I find them motivating to improve my fitness levels.Also it's good to celebrate the little NSV when the scales are been mean lol.
    I've had another active week with 5 classes at the gym & like you @frankwbrown I'm certainly feeling it.I'm attending a free class at a different gym where a friend goes to on Saturday.Its a step class where you step on & off a box to music.Sounds fun & I like to try new activities especially with a good friend.
    Welcome @melissataylor1986 I hope you enjoy the group.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,349 Member
    Options
    First time I've got top spot on this Garmin challenge.A weekly walk of 80k plus steps.🙂🙂
    bvksjgscmp62.png

Congratulations! That's always a good feeling.
    Your next weekly step challenge will probably be with a higher step goal - maybe 90,000. Garmin likes to challenge us that way.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    @tatilove1988 -- I have so much water retention, I haven't figured it out yet, I think maybe hormones for me? idk...if you find a sure answer to conquer it, let me know! :D

@Pupowl -- My cheat days have informed me that chocolate gives me really bad headaches. Doh. It turns out it's a really common cause of headaches and migraines along with Soy. I will still keep pushing the boundary to find out just how much chocolate I can get away with :D

Hey team, I will be back in March when we start the new month (not sure which day we're migrating and starting the new month on.) My current weight is back up to 188 if you need that. Thanks!

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    On the step challenge, does a person have to post in steps daily or can you post in once a week with a day by day total? I want to do it, but I'm really prone to fatigue and illness and am concerned I might be late reporting (I'm a little OCD about getting things done on time...I have a thing about that...lol)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,202 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melissa! I'm 37 and a long time member of MFP. I took some time off during pregnancy and here I am 3 years later with some leftover pregnancy weight to lose. I started at 195, am currently 149. I am getting married in June and hope to be 130 by then. Glad to be a part of this group and this team! I tried to post in my assigned team (Shapeshifters) but it posted here instead. Feel free to delete and redirect me.

I'm re-posting this message here! @melissataylor1986 posted a message but it ended up in a different place. Hopefully she'll be here shortly!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,202 Member
    Options
    The March team chat is open! Please continue to report weigh-ins and exercise stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month to introduce yourselves, set goals and commitments, and to go green for March! F2F March begins on Sunday :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910599/shape-shifters-team-chat-march-2024/p1?new=1
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Got it! Thank you!
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    @tatilove1988 -- I have so much water retention, I haven't figured it out yet, I think maybe hormones for me? idk...if you find a sure answer to conquer it, let me know! :D

@Pupowl -- My cheat days have informed me that chocolate gives me really bad headaches. Doh. It turns out it's a really common cause of headaches and migraines along with Soy. I will still keep pushing the boundary to find out just how much chocolate I can get away with :D

Hey team, I will be back in March when we start the new month (not sure which day we're migrating and starting the new month on.) My current weight is back up to 188 if you need that. Thanks!

I think I’ve figured out the cause (sudden increase of fibre), but it might be hormonal too; I am breastfeeding and definitely had thyroid issues during pregnancy. Hormones might explain chronic bloating for me, but this sudden bloat over the past days must be because of all the fibre.

If that’s the case, I think my body will just adjust itself when it’s ready. But it does hurt the team’s stats ☹️

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Happy to see you back on the regular team in March! It's a shame about the chocolate, but nice to know what is causing your headaches at least. I have chronic headaches and it is a mystery to me why they happen. I haven't noticed any patterns with food. Thankfully there is a lot of other nice stuff to eat! I got some new baklava on Wednesday, that is probably my favorite sweet thing to eat.
    On the step challenge, does a person have to post in steps daily or can you post in once a week with a day by day total? I want to do it, but I'm really prone to fatigue and illness and am concerned I might be late reporting (I'm a little OCD about getting things done on time...I have a thing about that...lol)

@jessicakrall8 is the step challenge 'boss' so I am going to let her answer your question about the steps!

• Pupowl
    Options
    Thursday ~ Feb 29
    Good morning Shape Shifters. It was a very wet Thursday here and it didn't stop raining the entire day so I didn't get my walk in. It looks like this will be the last rain for quite a while though! The next two weeks are looking good. I did a bunch of stepping to music, so my steps and zone minutes were pretty good for a lazy day. I got two new summer jackets for Tinus delivered. The fleece one he is currently wearing is super thick and warm so I got regular fabric this time. They are both cute, but I like the flowers best. Tinus had a nightmare again while on my lap which was a bit sad, but thankfully he didn't fall off this time. My headache started to turn into a migraine in the evening, so I went to bed really early.
    :star: good sleep and food, new jackets for Tinus :star:
    :heartbreak: lots of rain so no walk, bad headache :heartbreak:
    Happy Friday everyone <3
    3w3hmaidd21b.jpg
    r1egkd43jfqs.jpg
    2joil28s5suo.jpg
    4meadc1aofon.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    Goals are important for a fulfilling life. Channel your thinking to visualize a goal you have at the moment. It doesn't matter how big or small it is. Write your goal in the middle of a piece of paper, and around it note the steps you need to take to achieve this. Then from each of the steps, add what you need to do to complete it. This visual map will help you turn your goal from a dream into a tangible reality.

am4lzfrfjvy9.jpg
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl, Tinus looks handsome. He looks like he's model his new outfit.
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options

Welcome back🥰
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    2/28 5,339
    2/29 6,257
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    You have another new member joining your team ... Please welcome @Krysless2 :)
This discussion has been closed.