Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    morenin wrote: »
    @Katmary71 Okay, so I record next Thursday then, right?

Sorry, I just reread your post, of course that's what I do. >< Sorry about that. Reading the forum right after I get up is a losing proposition!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @trooworld yes I’m a sweet person. lol. Chocolate, ice cream, cake etc. I have been reading about higher protein intake and diets to just educate myself a bit more. It seems like in moderation it is a good thing for someone’s muscles and overall health. Currently I eat all foods but in much smaller portions as I had read that denying yourself of something in particular can lead to impossible cravings then a binge on that food. Eg say carbs. I have increased my veg and fruit consumption and actually decreased my meat intake but I have been looking at the high protein 28 day thing here on mfp and might give it a go. That may kick my metabolism in the butt and help to lose the last 20 lbs I want to do before quitting smoking. The shakes I think may help with the sweet tooth and help the protein intake too.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 215
    Today’s Weight: 217
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 24
    Options
    Hey guys, hope everyone doing great. So far doing okay myself. Dealing with expected bloating and weight gain from period. Feeling better from flu and kids too. Sorry I havent been too active here on the forum with so many things going on. Will make a better effort.

Questions:
    For the zombie apocalypse, I would want my husband, mom and kids with me cause I wouldnt want them to be separated. Together is always better. Hehe But I dont wish that to ever happen in real life lol 😂

For the stress question, I prioritized my mental health by withdrawing from whatever is causing the mental distress and taking a break, to pray, meditate and relax with hobbies and good music. I am learning to do more of this instead of binging on comfort foods.

~ I have a friend who wants to join the group and is having trouble finding it so I will tag her here. Hey @AyaTheTyga here it is! 🌸
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @morenin LOL I read your weigh in before coffee kicked in so you know my confusion! Yep weigh in on Thursday, that's perfect! That was such a big drop I can't wait to see what it is Thursday! High 5!

@tammymccrady6278 On the protein drink, it’s not a bad idea, what I’d consider is if your calories are low then you don’t have a ton of room for protein and maybe it would be better to chew vs drink it. Would this be in addition to your daily protein? I DO feel more satiated when I eat more protein and less carbs/sugar and have more energy for workouts. For me it’s more NOT thinking about food constantly if that makes sense. If I had chips vs a protein drink I’d be hungry earlier, since being diagnosed with diabetes and eating better I usually do a protein with moderate or less sugary fruit and veggies like yogurt with an apple or hummus and veggies. A friend on my feed here said she had casein protein drinks to sleep better so I bought it and felt no difference (random tidbit).

@txcritter69 Did you plant your herbs from seed or starts? Our farmer’s market already has tomato vendors, I was shocked to see it today but heard a tomato lecture at a local garden center about how we can get away with a few cherry and early tomatoes in containers just cover if it goes under 40 and save most for later. LOL it was all fun and games with the pigs and goats peeking in the door until that one ran down an aisle and stopped in front of the lettuce! Thank you for the recipe!

@trooworld Thanks! Are the dishcloths the new ones at Trader Joe’s? I think they may have them I’ll look into it. I was rubbernecking going by all the kitchen towels at Costco looking for them thinking of you and Teresa yesterday! Have fun at the musical! Love the Hoka color, you definitely have a wide toe box! I know with foot pain we can get pretty desperate so no teasing from me. I bet my bunion would never hurt in those. My SIL just got Hokas and was saying how great they are too.

@laurelfit57 Are you thinking of going back tomorrow or waiting to see? You’re doing great congrats on tracking more, the reminder is a great idea. Oh fun I hope the meals are just what you need, they would be nice to have on hand! Aw I’m sorry to hear about your grandpuppy. That was nice of you to lend them Vannie, that emptiness right after losing a beloved pet is awful. What an adorable photo!

@littlebabekitty Hi there! I’m glad you’re feeling better, sorry about the bloating. Love your answers! Is your friend a member of Fat2Fit? If not closer to March there will be a folder on the top of the forum for new members to check in to be added to teams. Just have her request Mission Slimpossibles if she wants to be in this group.

Hi team! I wore myself out today, started with a workout then my neighbor and I went to a camellia festival followed by the farmer’s market which was huge today. She took back some of her camellias as there was a contest and she got third place, she was so thrilled and had been a bit down so it was extra good timing. I’m trying to “landscape” the side of my driveway and worked on that and cutting back herbs while chatting with a friend. I just got out of the tub and am falling asleep so I’m doing the weigh in info and off to bed.

Zero bad days
    - Healthy food
    - No sugar
    - Great workout
    - Good time in yard and walking around

WEIGH INS STILL NEEDED: @Jactop @bethanie0825 @buniphuphu @vrafer

REMINDER FOR TOMORROW WEIGH IN: @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @Veta2018 @DebJB30
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @txcritter69 Those are good herbs to plant. I will probably plant basil as I use so much of it. I'm glad you are having good weather, we are, too. :)

@Cornanda @morenin @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

@19shmoo69 LOL!

@Katmary71 Thanks! Oh you will love the Swedish dishcloths. You do need to have a scrubby thing (I get those blue ones) because there is no "grit" on the dishcloths but in general, they work on most stuff. I did find great shoes, more on that later! :D That Little Italy day was totally worth it! I'm glad your feet are better. Keep doing those treatments!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss! I think it wouldn't hurt to try the protein shakes. Are you a sweets person? If you are a salty person, that might not work.

Hi all. Yesterday was a beautiful day, mid-70s. It is supposed to get up to 79F here on Sunday! I didn't get to enjoy the weather yesterday but I sure will today and tomorrow. The only commitments I have are a Spanish lesson this morning and then I am going to a musical with some coworkers at 2 pm. Tomorrow, absolutely nothing! Maybe I'll see if my husband wants to go to the zoo tomorrow. I got the new pair of shoes. They look like pancake flippers (see photos) but they are so comfortable. They are Hoka Bondi 8s. I got custom insoles to go with them, those cost a lot, too. But they made such a difference. They don't take the plantar fasciitis away but it helps.

No Zero Days: Stuck to meal plan, tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

l8imld89nouk.jpg
    zk2rdh1sq6yd.jpg

I love Hokas! They and Brooks Ariel are my favorites.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @morenin LOL I read your weigh in before coffee kicked in so you know my confusion! Yep weigh in on Thursday, that's perfect! That was such a big drop I can't wait to see what it is Thursday! High 5!

Naw, it's already skyrocketed back up 5 pounds! Every single time I go off the diet for a day (or two in this case), water piles back on. It'll take until this coming Thursday to beat it back down!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I blink and the week is gone. I have to admit this week I decided to do a little me time. I started reading again. I was on the selection committee for a national book award for 3 years prior to Covid then when we were locked down we were in the midst of reading for the selection so I found it an incredibly difficult task to focus on reading my 140+ books while navigating the fear and uncertainty. I haven’t picked up a book for pleasure in a couple years as I just lost the focus.

But over the holidays I picked up a young adult series I have always loved (the giver) and zipped through it. So I decided to the-read the hunger games and I have been reminded of how comforting it is to become so engrossed in a story I can’t put it down.

I’m not ready for adult books lol but I am feeling a lot of peace as I take time to do something I enjoy.

Here’s to a good week ahead!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    The February Week 4 Group Challenge is open and active, running through Saturday, Mar 2nd. Please join us for some pampering with a Self-Care Bingo. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910335/february-week-4-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.