Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa - Nicole, I'm in Dover.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 You should totally go singing in the park! You will be in a group, which will help you feel more confident without putting the spotlight just on you.

@morenin Ohhh, I get eating all the sugar when you get frustrated like you did with that terrible doctor. But you gotta take care of yourself. Sugar will cause a lot of inflammation, which will only hurt your knee more. You know this, and you can turn it around. We are here to support you. And yes, please go back to church! They will accept you no matter what you are wearing. I would be much worse without my church family to support and love me.

@trooworld I’m glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to improve. Mmmm, lemon bars are my favorite thing, too! I need that recipe!!! :D

@ninyagwa, Hi Nicole! Welcome to the team! You will find a lot of great support here. :)

@Veta2018 Ohhh yikes! You kid sounds like people in my family. It’s so draining when we end up being the responsible ones and bailing their butts out time and time again. Maybe some tough love is what he will require if he doesn’t get it together. :/

Hello! I did my workout this morning wearing my wrist support because I have learned that sleeping without it isn’t a good idea. Keeping my wrist in a bent position is what is causing so much pain. I am a terrible at waiting patiently for something on my body to heal and i think this is going to take a long time. I spoke to someone this morning about memory care, and she feels that if we ever need to go that route, it won’t take long to place him. There are several good places around here. So, I will let that go for now and pray it never comes up. Joe had his 4-month CT scan to make sure he is cancer-free and got a shot for his low hemoglobin and his 6-month shot for his osteoporosis. The poor man was used for a pin cushion. We see his oncologist tomorrow for the scan results. I took him to Chick-fil-A to get some food and will put him on the bed with the TV remote while I go to a staff meeting tonight. :)
    2024 Word: Strive

Question: What would give my life more meaning next month is to get back to my Bible reading and my workouts. Both are required to keep me centered and from going off the rails.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Having another medical crisis here (my cousin, not me). So I am just popping in before I gather stuff and head to the hospital. In a little bit of light in the bad stuff, I have another NSV. I went down a whole size on my undies, which caught me by surprise. I started taking an over the counter water pill in addition to cutting back on sodium, and I guess I was carrying more than I thought!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN REMINDER for @morenin @askewcr

@morenin Oh no that’s definitely understandable, hope today was a better day for you. Church sounds like a great choice!

@trooworld I think more art time would be perfect for you, you’re always happy after you’ve created something (or had an adventure like going to the zoo or Little Italy visiting). Hm maybe the beetle mistake being corrected in your next attempt will make it even better. Ooo I’m intrigued by the best lemon bars!

@ninyagwa Hi Nicole! Thank you for sharing so much about you, I hope this group is exactly what you need and this year is successful for you. I think if you’re focusing on whole good health taking it slower than before is a smart choice. I hope you hit your goal this month! Great job with the pill organizers, it’s easy to ignore vitamins when in a rush so that’s great prep!

@txcritter69 I love the idea of going on adventures with Diesel, I hope you find some awesome walking spots.

@Veta2018 LOL I do the same blast music to cover my awful singing! I’m sorry to hear how things are going with your stepson, I would be pretty frustrated too in your shoes. Huge hug and prayers to you.

@micaroo4 I love your answer, I hope you’re able to just BE soon.

@TeresaW2024 LOL only two people went singing yesterday, I’m trying to get someone to go with me. Love your answer too, I hope you’re able to get back to both soon. I’m glad you have answers about care in case you need to go that way at some point. Poor Joe hope all goes well with the results.

@morenin Prayers to you, I hope your cousin is doing better soon. That’s a GREAT NSV get rid of those baggy undies and get some new fun ones!

Hi team! Got my allergy shot this morning, worked out, and went to the holistic clinic and stopped to say hi to the farm gang. I’m trying to clean up and get a landscape project done in the front but it’s going to rain this weekend so I just got dirt and no plants for now. I need to get homework done tonight then plant a tray of seeds to take to the greenhouse tomorrow since I overdid my tomatoes and don’t have room. Have a great Thursday friends!

No Zero Days
    - Good workout
    - Healthy food under calories
    - Good day with some rest and good conversations
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    It's Ice Breaker Thursday
    Let's go back to the basics
    Coffee, Tea or.........?
  • micaroo4
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Coffee, Tea or.........?

Tea, please, or Diet Coke 😈
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 129.6
    CW: 130.0

-Mica
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I drink both, coffee in the morning and possibly another cup later or a black tea, herbal tea the rest of the time.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa Welcome, Nicole! Tracking your food is a great goal. Congrats on the weight you've lost so far. You remind me, I need to fill my pill organizers, too! :)

@Veta2018 That's really good you took a walk instead of the cookies. Is this kid related to you guys? I forget the story. That sounds frustrating!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Ooh I wish I could give you that recipe but he's got it locked away in his head lol. It is based on this one: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11458/lemon-pie-bars/ but he adds almond extract (I don't know how much, maybe 1 tsp?) He's stingy with his favorite recipes lol. Do you think you should go to the doctor about your wrist? (nudge nudge) I'm glad you've got good options for Joe.

@morenin I hope everything is okay with your cousin. Great NSV!

@Katmary71 Yes!!! I think the beetle will be even better, I can't wait to see how it turns out. Best lemon bars...I posted an approximation of the recipe to Teresa above. :D I hope the allergy shot helps. Was that the first time you've had it?

ICE BREAKER QUESTION: Coffee FTW!!! Strong coffee! I drink it black first thing in the morning (4 am) Mon-Fri and at about 8 am, I have coffee with sugar-free creamer. On the weekends, I have coffee throughout the day with sugar-free creamer. My favorite type of coffee is Ethiopian or Kenya AA.

Hi all. We have a retirement party in the afternoon for our director. It will be bittersweet and there will probably be tears. I will also see some former coworkers which will be nice. This morning, I went back and tracked for the week as I have not tracked this week. I know I forgot some stuff but at least I tried to get it in. I pretracked for today.

No Zero Days: Stuck to meal plan.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • morenin
    Options
    username: morenin

SW: 255
    PW: 225
    CW: 221.5
  • morenin
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Coffee, Tea or.........?

Oh, gosh, I can't choose! I love coffee done right in the morning (homemade latte with no sugar FTW), but I prefer a good blonde roast. In the afternoon I switch to a nice caffeinated tea like Earl Gray. In the evening, it's non-caffeinated tea all the way, from flavored roobious, to fruit teas, to herbals. When it's cold I guzzle extra hot tea, when it's hot I make iced tea. And I am a big soda pop drinker of different flavors (I am trying hard to cut back by substituting a lot of water).
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa - Welcome to Slimpossibles! I hope this group is a great source of support and structure for you!

Ice Breaker Thursday
    Coffee, Tea or.........?
    All of the above! I like both coffee and tea. For me, coffee in the morning and herbal tea the rest of the day. I have a stack of tea boxes in my pantry, including various green teas and all the fruity flavors from Celestial Seasonings.

How Wednesday Went
    🟢 Food on plan: vegetables & fruits, G-BOMBS
    🟢 GtG Pushups: 4 sets (12+)
    🟢 Steps: 6,000 over 7700!
    🟢 Floors: 5 11 floors
    🟢 Tiny Habit: After I go to the kitchen to make coffee, I do a counter pushup. Then I celebrate (fist pump or maybe a dance move)!

Thursday Plan
    ⚪ Food on plan: vegetables & fruits, G-BOMBS
    ⚪ GtG Pushups: Goal for today is 4 sets (12+)
    ⚪ Steps: 6,000
    ⚪ Floors: 5
    ⚪ Tiny Habit: After I go to the kitchen to make coffee, I do a counter pushup. Then I celebrate (fist pump or maybe a dance move)!

• ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Question: I registered with a start weight earlier in the week, but my weigh in days will be Fridays, should I re-weigh tomorrow and submit a different start weight then?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa I'm thinking since you joined mid month your start Friday wouldn't be until next Friday as the weeks start Sunday to Saturday. I'm thinking March doesn't start until this Sunday. @trooworld and/or @Katmary71 will confirm or correct me I'm sure.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    The March team chat is open! Please continue to report weigh-ins and exercise stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month to introduce yourselves, set goals and commitments, and to go green for March! F2F March begins on Sunday :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910601/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-march-2024#latest
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO
    WEIGH IN STILL NEEDED: @Askewcr
    REMINDER FOR MY FRIDAY WEIGH-INS to: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TeresaW2024 @buniphuphu @ninyagwa

@trooworld Thanks for the recipe! Yes first time with the allergy shot, it doesn’t even start working until I’m at maintenance which is 22 shots away (have to go every week). Hope the party went well. Great job on going back and tracking the previous days, you’re doing awesome!

@morenin I just discovered blonde roasts when Starbucks started their shaken espresso drinks, aside of their Holiday Blend it’s what I prefer to get there now. Which are you drinking at home that is a blonde roast?

@AustinRuadhain You’re my drink and checklist twin! Look at all those green circles, way to GO!

@txcritter69 LOL that’s really sweet of your husband, I get that I love when my loved ones are happy even if it’s painful to listen to! My nephew when he was playing the piano jumps to do it as soon as we come in and it’s a high ceiling room with hardwood floors so we all scream over each other while he happily shows off until my brother can’t stand it anymore and asks him to give it a rest. He's so happy playing for us that I never want to tell him to stop especially as he's shy around other people. What two varieties of tomatoes did you get? Have you started any strength training? That would help keep and build muscle, it’s made a huge difference in how I look and feel but I’d waited until I lost weight to start and wish I hadn’t.

@ninyagwa I love Diet Pepsi too, I used to ONLY drink it. I stopped drinking it at home and did Crystal Lite for awhile then switched to herbal tea. I used to get a DP on my weekly shopping trip but just a small bottle, I’ve switched over to kombucha on that trip for the most part. What flavoring are you using? Your starting weight is noted and you’ve been added to the spreadsheet, just post your weight tomorrow for this week so I can log it.

@Veta2018 March sounds good for the tomatoes, I’m excited for you to get going too! I’m glad you’re growing your faith, that’s very meaningful. I’ve been taking Vitamin D in winter, it does seem to help.

@19shmoo69 I was thinking she wasn’t on the spreadsheet yet but she is, she weighs in tomorrow for this current week. I wasn’t totally sure so I checked and she’s put at the bottom of the spreadsheet then will be placed in order of the day one weighs in on Sunday for the next month. Right now we’re on week 4 of Feb which is Feb25-Mar 2. Amazingly everyone has weighed in on time this week! We have one more for today still and she's always good about weighing in so great job team! Thought I’d share since we’re all new to the spreadsheet.

@jugar Thank you for opening the team chat for us, you’re the best!

Hi friends! I woke up early and worked out and got some homework done. I met the farm manager at the greenhouse and we got the rest of the tomatoes in big pots and I started 15 more trays of herbs, mustard, lettuce, and Swiss Chard. I also took a tray in of my peppers, I'm planning to bring them home in a couple weeks and take in my zucchini, squash, melons, and cukes if I'm able to. I love the days the manager comes too, we get so much done everyone thinks we're spending more time there but I'm only going 3 hours a week right now. We have a big storm going through and walking is real difficult, I've been home since 2 and am headed for the tub before bed. Have a great Friday!

No Zero Days
    - Good morning workout, dialed back weights as I'm real sore
    - Light cardio at greenhouse
    - Healthy food
This discussion has been closed.