Downsizers Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Gonna try to get out for a walk today. It’s been warm (at least for Iowa) and I’ve been dealing with a toothache since last Saturday and it irks me that I haven’t felt like going out. Went to the dentist yesterday and the tooth has a crack and needs a crown. Ugh! He doesn’t have time in the schedule until next week so I’m just gonna take the max dose of ibuprofen and get out there if even for a short walk!

Dannggggg.. tooth pain is no joke 😞
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    I forgot to mention today I got to the 140’s. I am a few ounces from 115 pounds lost.

Way to go!!!!
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Thursday Weigh-In for andreajlnhe:

PW: 127.2
    CW: 125.2

Yesterday's weight was even better, at 124.8! 🎉🎉 I have found my motivation again. 👍 Pre-logging, plus herbal tea and protein powder during my "problematic" window of 2:00-6:00PM have all helped tremendously. My goal for this week is to keep it up!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Yesterday's weight was even better, at 124.8! 🎉🎉 I have found my motivation again. 👍 Pre-logging, plus herbal tea and protein powder during my "problematic" window of 2:00-6:00PM have all helped tremendously. My goal for this week is to keep it up!

Way to fix a problem and lose weight. This is an amazing loss. Keep up the great work.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 6,237
    Rings: ✔️
    Exercise:1/5
    Badge: 17/20

Condensed version

Negative: majorly stressed, binged ate (over 2000 calories), have some big adjustments to make so this causes more stress which could lead to binge eating.
    Positive: did a walk outside, great steps. Mini walks will from now on will be called short walks because none are less than 5 minutes anymore

I think there is a show called scared straight. Well I need to be scared healthy eating.

Have a great day!

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 275 Member
    edited February 22
    Options

Condensed version

Negative: majorly stressed, binged ate (over 2000 calories), have some big adjustments to make so this causes more stress which could lead to binge eating.
    Positive: did a walk outside, great steps. Mini walks will from now on will be called short walks because none are less than 5 minutes anymore

@lindamtuck2018 So sorry to hear you are struggling like this!! One moment at a time. Consciously reach for the positive. Clearly you have taken your steps to a whole new level and your weight to a whole new low. You can work these adjustments, too! Let us know how we can help.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Amazing!
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention today I got to the 140’s. I am a few ounces from 115 pounds lost.

That is amazing!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • myhands4God
    Options
    Steps: 5,233
    Rings: ✔️
    Exercise:0/5
    Badge: 16/20

Yesterday was a day from hell. We survived so on to a new day. I plan on trying to do an outdoor walk today. It will be short. I am going to walk to the market, sit for awhile and walk back. My granddaughter is going to come with me.

Can you believe it’s Wednesday? Have a good one!

I am sorry you have had a bad day. I like your attitude of surviving and moving on. It isn't helpful to dwell when it was a bad day. I tend to get stuck in that muck. You are doing great!
  • myhands4God
    Options
    Steps so far
    2/18-8,370
    2/19-8,091-20 min rowing, 8 minutes core, 15 minutes lunch walking
    2/20-11,279--20 minutes dance video workout, 15 minutes lunchbreak walk,
    2/21-10,103-20 minutes rower, 20 minutes core
    2/22-steps will be low today. It is raining and I focused on stretching this morning. I have a hair appointment after work today.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Steps so far
    2/18-8,370
    2/19-8,091-20 min rowing, 8 minutes core, 15 minutes lunch walking
    2/20-11,279--20 minutes dance video workout, 15 minutes lunchbreak walk,
    2/21-10,103-20 minutes rower, 20 minutes core
    2/22-steps will be low today. It is raining and I focused on stretching this morning. I have a hair appointment after work today.

Way to put in work 💪🏽
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Thursday Check in
    PW: 319
    CW: 318
    Making progress in spite of a stressy week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 424.6
    CW - 423.4

I will happily take this 1.2 lb loss. Scale looked scary yesterday so I was a little worried lol. I really need to stop looking at it until weigh in day.

Much love yall!

Congrats on the loss! It’s a double edged sword weighing in daily. It can be stressful when the scales are up. I like weighing in daily because if I am up on my official day, I can look back over the week and see if it was trending up. Then I can figure out is it an anomaly from sodium, bloat, etc.
    aneedlecraft
    Thursday Check in
    PW: 319
    CW: 318
    Making progress in spite of a stressy week.

A loss during stress is one of the best kinds of losses.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 2128
    Rings: ❌
    Exercise:1/5
    Badge: 17/20

PW 151.8
    CW 149.2
    In maintenance range

I kind of want to lose another 10 pounds. I think it’s getting addicting. These last 10 or 15 ponds have made such a huge difference in my shape, walking ability, etc. so maybe a few more pounds will make a bigger impact on my life.

Ok this week I have been a lump on a log. While I did close my rings almost everyday which includes an exercise ring, intentional exercise was lacking. I did walks almost every day just not enough to count as an exercise check. So I am going to the pool shortly to get my butt moving. I want to try my new leg weights.

Happy FriYAY!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,858 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day -Friday's
    PW: 255.2
    CW: 252.8
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There are some lovely losses this week! Way to go, team!
This discussion has been closed.