General Chat Thread - Please Participate

123457»

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,973 Member
    On my last hike with my friend, he asked, "Have you ever thought about taking ibuprofen before you hike? Because you look like a broken broomstick."

My posture is from weird s it going on in my hips and back. Whatever. I have a unique gait. Even when I had a Halloween costume that totally hid my identity, friends knew it was me from my walk/limp. Whatever.

I love watching the recovery portion of those strokes where the blade skims across the water out of the wind and above the current. Beauty in motion. Keep rowing!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,564 Member
    My wife was a personal trainer for a while and she still "reads" how people move when walking. Occasionally she comments on an unusual gait, usually with her best guess of what's going on with their hips or back.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,180 Member
    This is a copy/paste of a Newsletter I receive.

The purpose of a calorie tracker is to have a rough estimate on the amount of food and energy you require.

Everyone's is about the same.
    We all have goals within them. Protein. Carbs. Calorie targets.

But if you implement it and you don’t lose weight. THAT IS OK.

Reduce calories another 10% until it works.

I’d rather you had 2 weeks not losing fat than the alternative.

Which would be you starving in your first week, breaking from your diet and binging coming to the conclusion that you’re not cut out for dieting.

Which just isn’t true!

So use that amount as a reference, then move from there.

If you’re too hungry and losing weight pretty fast, maybe eat more.

It's about finding the sweet spot for adherence and sustainability.

You are to be your best own scientist.

Until tomorrow.
    James
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,564 Member
    It's about finding the sweet spot for adherence and sustainability.

Exactly!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,788 Member
    @SherryRueter, I think that's spot on! Those estimates are a starting point, not Revealed Truth; and a routine we can stick with long term to reach goal weight (and stay there) is the bigger prize. Good stuff!