Day 18/75

✅️ Two 45 minute workouts (one outside)
    ✅️ Drink 1 gallon of water
    ✅️ Follow a diet
    ✅️ Read 10 pages non-fiction/self help
    ✅️ Take a daily progress picture
    ✅️ No alcohol
    ✅️ No phone in bed

I almost forgot to read today until I saw the checklist!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    March 17 - Day 15/75

✅ Food - Good today. Getting to the end of my "window salad" supply - all winter I keep 3 trays of salad greens growing, but now it is time to take over the plant window to start seeds for the big garden. Eggplants and tomatoes. Maybe peppers. But only a couple more days of the delicious small greens. :frowning:

Need to hear more about your window salad? Do you use a grow light or just window light? How big are your trays? Do you grow in dirt or another substrate? Are you able to post a pic? Know this is off topic for this chat but I’m so interested. I grow microgreens in a tray and herbs in the aerogarden during winter. Then in spring/summer usually tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and zucchini in the backyard raised bed. Last year also tried white mini eggplant and okra that pretty much took over one of the squares. If only the backyard was bigger🙃
    I use lights - the days are mighty short up here in the winter! I just use old plastic boxes from grocery lettuces, poke holes in the bottom, and use potting soil. For just one person, I find that these 3 did me just fine this winter. One of arugula, one was baby kale and then lettuce, the other one is just mixed lettuces of 2-3 sorts. The arugula is half wild (which takes longer to grow but tastes amazing) and half "astro". I did a batch of microgreens at one point as well, but I was not too wild about that particular mix. Give me arugula any day!
    z97o0fq3w05e.jpg

I have a very large vegetable garden and have to be careful not to overdo it now that it is just me and the tall guy at home. I freeze a lot of stuff (roasted asian eggplant slices, roasted roma tomatoes, chopped peppers, kale, spinach, berries, etc.), but it still gets a bit overwhelming at times. Except last year! It was such a miserable wet summer that nothing grew well. It was useless. Hopefully this year will be better!

OK, gardening aside finished :smiley:
  • jugar
    edited March 19
    Options
    March 18 - Day 16/75

❌ Food - One ill-advised snack of nuts and dried fruit. I had a very clean and small dinner to make up for it. I don't know why I keep diving into the nuts!
    ✅ No alcohol no problem
    ✅ Exercise - Two workouts: 1strength-1 aerobic. Short Pilates and kettlebell, horseback riding and exercise bike.
    ❌ Reading - something helpful at least 10 minutes per day.
    ✅ Water - OK
    ✅ Thoughts - I went into both my own and my horse's exercise today without a sense of purpose and what the training would accomplish. Luckily, my horse turned things around, we figured out some useful and fun things to concentrate on, and we both worked up a sweat. Then I did some more strength work after getting home. Music practicing today was also random at first, but then got into some concentrated work on high register fast articulation issues. Planning helps! But no planning is still not a reason not to get in there and do some things anyhow :sweat_smile:
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My Version 75 Hard Challenge: March 18 - 15/75

❎ Diet - Calorie counting. Staying at or under 1200 calories per day. 1,226 calories today.
    ✅ Water - 70 oz of water per day (no alcohol) 84 oz of water today.
    ✅ Exercise - 30 minutes cardio workout, 30 min strength training and 20 min yoga/palates stretch, 10k+ steps per day (inside/outside) 1 hour aerobics, 30 minutes arms and abs strength, 15 stretch, and 12,879 steps.
    ✅ Reading - 10 minutes each day of anything. I read for 45 minutes today.
    ✅ Sleep- Get 7 hours of sleep every night. I slept 8 hours and 28 minutes.

💪F2F - Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I use lights…
    OK, gardening aside finished :smiley:

@jugar thanks for sharing! This is fantastic. Always enjoy seeing and hearing about people’s gardens. You have the perfect little setup conveniently in the kitchen especially when it’s freezing out. Really like this idea. Will need to look more into growing salad greens and maybe I’ll be joining you next year with a little salad factory in the kitchen🤗
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 1️⃣6️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 90 min walk
    ✅ Read: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
    ✅ Water: Gallon
    ✅ Food: within calories but still want to reduce quantity and improve quality of snacks. Today was store bought yogurt, raw nuts, pistachios and berries.
    ✅ Added Sugar: salad dressing and yogurt
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Day 3/62 Monday March 18th

My 62 Day Medium Plan:

• Follow my 10K Training Plan - I’m switching to the lower training plan since the miles are getting a bit high for my body with the advanced plan I was following. Yes - was a rest day. Still manager 8700 steps on my rest day.
    • Follow the Diet Plan I have chosen for myself. Yes - had a little bit of chocolate, but stayed in plan and stayed under in calories.
    • 8+ glasses of water. Yes
    • No alcohol. Yes
    • Read about my diet plan for at least 15 minutes per day to keep me motivated. Yes
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    March 18 ~ Day 16 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :star: 81 minutes :star:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 4 liters :star:
    [ Reading ] :star: Read a lot during the day :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :star: 8h 29m & 85 sleepscore :star:
    [ Under 1450 cal ] :star: 1381 :star:
    [ Eat in 6 hour window ] :star: Done! :star:
    Happy Tuesday <3
    8k5u0dfc5ort.jpg
    wm50875g4bcn.jpg
    p5t8cnpbjjed.jpg
    dtteo60njeig.jpg
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Goals:

🥗 - Diet - Stay under my Weeky Calorie Goal, track everything
    💦 - Water - 48 ounces of clear water, 64+ ounces of liquid
    👣 - Average 17k Steps Daily (one day of rest)
    💪 - 100 minutes of intentional exercise
    📖 - Read 5 pages daily of any book
    📷 - Take a before and after picture
    🍸 - Limit alcohol to one drink weekly
    👏 - If I mess up just get back at it

Met all goals 14 of 16 Days

Day 1:
    🥗 - Tracked everything, weekly calorie limit on track
    💦 - 64 ounces clear water, plus a few cups of coffee
    👣 - 19,331 Steps
    💪 - 140 minutes of intentional exercise (60 min outside)
    📖 - Reading two books - When Parents Love Too Much and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of each
    📷 - Took my "before" picture
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 2:
    👣 - 24,035 Steps
    💪 - 140 minutes intentional exercise, 60 minute outside walk, 40 minutes on treadmill, 40 minute cardio workout
    📖 - Reading two books - Switched my non-fiction to Chicken Soup for the Soul. Read more than 5 pages; didn't read my fiction The Masked City
    📷 - Took another selfie (bought a selfie stick) - will take one periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 3:

💦 - 56 ounces clear water, plus a few cups of coffee
    👣 - 18,626 Steps
    💪 - 140 minutes intentional exercise, 80 minute outside walk, 40 minutes on treadmill, 20 minute cardio workout
    📖 - Reading two books -Chicken Soup for the Soul, and The Masked City - read more than 5 pages of each.
    📷 - Took another selfie
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 4:
    👣 - 15,898 (under my 17k goal, but average is over (19,473)
    💪 - 125 minutes intentional exercise, none outside (rain day) 75 minute treadmill, 35 Minute cardio, 15 minute yoga
    📖 - Reading two books -Chicken Soup for the Soul, and The Masked City - read more than 5 pages of each.
    📷 - Taking periodically. Bought myself a selfie stick - LOL!
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 5:
    👣 - 19,405 Steps
    💪 - 120 minutes intentional exercise, 60 minute outside walk before the rain drop, 40 minutes on treadmill, and 20 minute strength workout
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 6:
    👣 - 23,453
    💪 - 140minutes intentional exercise, 60 minutes on treadmill, 60 minute outside walk after the rain stopped, 20 minute cardio workout
    📷 - Took a picture on our walk - Just want to say that it is so important on your weight loss journey to take these. I NEVER took pictures of myself. In the beginning as I was losing, Those around me (and myself) didn't see much difference because I've been taking it off real slow and they see me every day. It wasn't until 50 pounds lost that I l did an after picture. Please take pictures of yourself as you go through this process (you only have to share them with yourself) - It was so nice to see the difference and to know that all this hard work was actually working and noticable.
    🍸 - No alcohol
    Today
    m1n86tru5tek.jpg
    The beginning of my Journey
    acup9e5knkfu.jpg

Day 7:
    👣 - 18,600 Steps
    💪 - 120 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minute outside walk, 40 min treadmill, 20 min Strength
    📖 - ❌ - The day just got away with me and just didn't get it done.
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 8:
    👣 - 20,705 Steps
    💪 - 120 minutes of intentional exercise - none outside, 100 min on treadmill and 20 min cardio. We were way all day yesterday - so jumped on the treadmill when I first got up to get it done!
    📖 - Reading two books - Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of each
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol
    👏 - If I mess up just get back at it - Read double to make up for missing the day before!

Day 9:
    👣 - ❌16,690 Steps - Didn't look at my tracker before I went to bed, silly me - short 310 steps.
    💪 -120 minutes of intentional exercise - 20 minutes outside, 20 min strength, 60 min treadmill
    📖 - Reading two books - Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of each
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 10:
    👣 - 22,212
    💪 -145 minutes of intentional exercise - 0 minutes outside (yucky weather), 30 min aerobics, 115 min treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol
    👏 - I made up for my previous day's step miss!

Day 11:
    👣 - 17,416
    💪 -150 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside (yucky weather),40 Min Strengh, 50 min treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 12:
    👣 - 19,155
    💪 -100 minutes of intentional exercise - 50 minutes outside, 20 Minute treadmill , 30 min min cardio
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 13 - Met all my goals:
    👣 - 22,439
    💪 -160 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 60 Minute treadmill , 40 min strength
    📖 - Read the AARP Magazine that came in the mail today
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 14 - Met all my goals:
    👣 - 18,849
    💪 -130 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 50 Minute treadmill , 25 min cardio
    📖 - Reading two books - Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of Chicken Soup for the Soul
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

👣 - 18,889
    💪 -150 minutes of intentional exercise - 90 minutes outside, 30 Minute Strength 30 Minute Treadmill
    📖 - Reading two books - Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of The Masked City
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

My Selfie - We took a hike in a new place yesterday. We have done the lower part of this trail when I first started walking - but it get's real steep and climbs up a small mountain (ok a hill) so we turned around. Yesterday we decided to do it. According to my garmin we ascented 432 feet! Here's Monty and me at the covered bridge at the bottom of the trail - it crosses the Salmon River. I'm beat as this is as we completed the 3 miles.

to778xwvrq2t.png

Day 15 - Met all my goals:
    🥗 - Tracked everything, calorie limit was a little over, but on track for weekly limit
    👣 - 22,306
    💪 -155 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 25 Minute Strength 70 Minute Treadmill
    📖 - Reading two books - Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of The Masked City
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Day 19/75

✅️ Two 45 minute workouts (one outside)
    ✅️ Follow a diet
    ✅️ No alcohol
    ✅️ No phone in bed

Great day today, although it was cooler outside and breezy. My weigh in the past 2 weeks have reflected my consistency.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Day 4/62 Tuesday March 19th

My 62 Day Medium Plan:

• Follow my 10K Training Plan - I’m switching to the lower training plan since the miles are getting a bit high for my body with the advanced plan I was following. Yes - did 3.22 miles, plan called for 3.5, which is close enough
    • Follow the Diet Plan I have chosen for myself. Yes and stayed under in calories.
    • 8+ glasses of water. Yes
    • No alcohol. Oops… had a bit of wine with dinner
    • Read about my diet plan for at least 15 minutes per day to keep me motivated. Yes, but will modify this to just 15+ minutes of reading in general. I’m into a really good novel.
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 1️⃣7️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 90 min walk
    ✅ Food: had to dip in to exercise calories today
    ✅ Added Sugar: finished off 1 of 4 store bought salad dressings. One serving closer to homemade!
  • jugar
    Options
    March 19 - Day 17/75

❌ Food - Much better than yesterday, but still some excess after dinner.
    ✅ No alcohol no problem
    ✅❌ Exercise - Two workouts: 1strength-1 aerobic. Good Pilates session and a planning meeting with my trainer. No aerobic anything.
    ✅ Reading - something helpful at least 10 minutes per day.
    ✅ Water - OK
    ✅ Thoughts - My delightful trainer, whom I have not seen in a while, brought all kinds of things back into my attention today. Our next collection of exercises will include more pull, more extensions, more front-back connections, and some VO2 max. I have been working on aerobic exercise going up to maximum possible while still breathing through the nose level, but now we're going to push beyond that for short bursts. Uphill running, he mentioned... be afraid, be very afraid :grimace:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    March 19 ~ Day 17 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :heartbreak: Rest from walking, did some gardening instead :heartbreak:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 3.5 liters :star:
    [ Reading ] :star: Read during the day :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :star: 8h 27m & 80 sleepscore :star:
    [ Under 1450 cal ] :heartbreak: Cheat day 2 (out of max 7 total) :heartbreak:
    [ Eat in 6 hour window ] :star: Done! :star:
    :star: Bonus ~ gym rings workout :star:
    Happy Wednesday <3
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,795 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    Goals:

🥗 - Diet - Stay under my Weeky Calorie Goal, track everything
    💦 - Water - 48 ounces of clear water, 64+ ounces of liquid
    👣 - Average 17k Steps Daily (one day of rest)
    💪 - 100 minutes of intentional exercise
    📖 - Read 5 pages daily of any book
    📷 - Take a before and after picture
    🍸 - Limit alcohol to one drink weekly
    👏 - If I mess up just get back at it

Met all goals 15 of 17 Days

Day 1:
    👣 - 19,331 Steps
    💪 - 140 minutes of intentional exercise (60 min outside)
    📖 - Reading two books - When Parents Love Too Much and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of each
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 2:
    👣 - 24,035 Steps
    💪 - 140 minutes intentional exercise, 60 minute outside walk, 40 minutes on treadmill, 40 minute cardio workout
    📖 - Reading two books - Switched my non-fiction to Chicken Soup for the Soul. Read more than 5 pages; didn't read my fiction The Masked City
    📷 - Took another selfie (bought a selfie stick) - will take one periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 3:

👣 - 18,626 Steps
    💪 - 140 minutes intentional exercise, 80 minute outside walk, 40 minutes on treadmill, 20 minute cardio workout
    📷 - Took another selfie
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 4:
    👣 - 15,898 (under my 17k goal, but average is over (19,473)
    💪 - 125 minutes intentional exercise, none outside (rain day) 75 minute treadmill, 35 Minute cardio, 15 minute yoga
    📷 - Taking periodically. Bought myself a selfie stick - LOL!
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 5:
    👣 - 19,405 Steps
    💪 - 120 minutes intentional exercise, 60 minute outside walk before the rain drop, 40 minutes on treadmill, and 20 minute strength workout
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 6:
    👣 - 23,453
    💪 - 140minutes intentional exercise, 60 minutes on treadmill, 60 minute outside walk after the rain stopped, 20 minute cardio workout
    📷 - Took a picture on our walk - Just want to say that it is so important on your weight loss journey to take these. I NEVER took pictures of myself. In the beginning as I was losing, Those around me (and myself) didn't see much difference because I've been taking it off real slow and they see me every day. It wasn't until 50 pounds lost that I l did an after picture. Please take pictures of yourself as you go through this process (you only have to share them with yourself) - It was so nice to see the difference and to know that all this hard work was actually working and noticable.
    🍸 - No alcohol
    Today
    m1n86tru5tek.jpg
    The beginning of my Journey
    acup9e5knkfu.jpg

Day 7:
    👣 - 18,600 Steps
    💪 - 120 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minute outside walk, 40 min treadmill, 20 min Strength
    📖 - ❌ - The day just got away with me and just didn't get it done.
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 8:
    👣 - 20,705 Steps
    💪 - 120 minutes of intentional exercise - none outside, 100 min on treadmill and 20 min cardio. We were way all day yesterday - so jumped on the treadmill when I first got up to get it done!
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol
    👏 - If I mess up just get back at it - Read double to make up for missing the day before!

Day 9:
    👣 - ❌16,690 Steps - Didn't look at my tracker before I went to bed, silly me - short 310 steps.
    💪 -120 minutes of intentional exercise - 20 minutes outside, 20 min strength, 60 min treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 10:
    👣 - 22,212
    💪 -145 minutes of intentional exercise - 0 minutes outside (yucky weather), 30 min aerobics, 115 min treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol
    👏 - I made up for my previous day's step miss!

Day 11:
    👣 - 17,416
    💪 -150 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside (yucky weather),40 Min Strengh, 50 min treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 12:
    👣 - 19,155
    💪 -100 minutes of intentional exercise - 50 minutes outside, 20 Minute treadmill , 30 min min cardio
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 13 - Met all my goals:
    👣 - 22,439
    💪 -160 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 60 Minute treadmill , 40 min strength
    📖 - Read the AARP Magazine that came in the mail today
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

👣 - 18,849
    💪 -130 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 50 Minute treadmill , 25 min cardio
    📖 - Reading two books - Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Masked City - Read more than five pages of Chicken Soup for the Soul
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

👣 - 18,889
    💪 -150 minutes of intentional exercise - 90 minutes outside, 30 Minute Strength 30 Minute Treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

My Selfie - We took a hike in a new place yesterday. We have done the lower part of this trail when I first started walking - but it get's real steep and climbs up a small mountain (ok a hill) so we turned around. Yesterday we decided to do it. According to my garmin we ascented 432 feet! Here's Monty and me at the covered bridge at the bottom of the trail - it crosses the Salmon River. I'm beat as this is as we completed the 3 miles.

to778xwvrq2t.png

Day 15 - Met all my goals:
    🥗 - Tracked everything, calorie limit was a little over, but on track for weekly limit
    👣 - 22,306
    💪 -155 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 25 Minute Strength 70 Minute Treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol

Day 16 - Met all my goals:
    👣 - 22,657
    💪 -155 minutes of intentional exercise - 60 minutes outside, 20 Min Cardio, 70 Minute Treadmill
    📷 - Taking periodically
    🍸 - No alcohol
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My Version 75 Hard Challenge: March 19 - 16/75

✅ Diet - Calorie counting. Staying at or under 1200 calories per day.1,097 calories today.
    ❎ Water - 70 oz of water per day (no alcohol) 75 oz of water today.
    ❎ Exercise - 30 minutes cardio workout, 30 min strength training and 20 min yoga/palates stretch, 10k+ steps per day (inside/outside) 10,322 steps.
    ❎ Reading - 10 minutes each day of anything. I did not read today.
    ✅ Sleep- Get 7 hours of sleep every night. I slept 7 hours and 10 minutes.

💪F2F - Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Day 20/75

❎️ Two 45 minute workouts (one outside)
    ❎️ Follow a diet
    ❎️ No alcohol
    ✅️ No phone in bed

Eek! Didn't get up in time to exercise this morning and had some wine at my book club. I had 2 cookies today I was not planning on eating 😕
  • jugar
    Options
    Another day in the bag, just about!

March 20 - Day 18/75

✅ Food - Spot on today! Feels good.
    ✅ No alcohol no problem
    ✅ Exercise - Two workouts: 1strength-1 aerobic. Pilates, CARs (a new thing I'm trying - Controlled Articular Rotations), horseback riding on my springtime teenaged horse being somewhat exciting :grimace: and a nice quiet exercise biking session coming up.
    ✅ Reading - something helpful at least 10 minutes per day. Finished one book, read a pertinent article that is helping with my project.
    ✅ Water - OK
    ✅ Thoughts - I went from feeling pretty lazy and unmotivated this morning to getting a lot done without feeling rushed or grumpy - even practicing, which is my procrastination kingpin. Feeling good and very glad to have these promises to myself starting to feel normal, not frantic.

It is inspiring to see how consistent we are! WTG!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @jugar -- wow, I really want to try to grow some greens now. That's awesome thanks for sharing that! I'm going to try to find some seeds and give it a go. I have a grow light but haven't done much with it this year.

Anyone know anything about fixing fingernails? Mine are grooved, pitted, peeling, and brittle....they had finally started to get healthier and then that went away and they're back to really bad again. I have some clear 'repairing polish" on them from Walmart but I don't think it does much. With them cracking and breaking a lot it's really uncomfortable.
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 1️⃣8️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 60 min walk, 15 min punching bag, 15 min resistance training
    ✅ Food: successfully stuck to the snacks and lunch I packed and didn’t cave into the sweet treats at a 4 hour training this morning then a coworker farewell during lunch.
    ✅ Added Sugar: really wanted something sweet so made the viral peanut butter stuffed date.