Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    May 09 ~ Day 68 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :star: 65 minutes :star:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 4.5 liters :star:
    [ Reading ] :star: Read during the day :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :heartbreak: 7h 47m & 80 sleepscore :heartbreak: Distracted by a puzzle in the evening so went to bed a little too late and then my cat woke me at 6:20.
    [ Under 1450 cal ] :star: Done! :star:
    [ Eat in 6 hour window ] :star: Done! :star:
    :star: Bonus ~ gym rings workout :star:
    Happy Friday <3
    mguyof5zi8hw.jpg
    05p4bmu4evmw.jpg
    1275ih9tkkv3.jpg
    yl9g4o40pzdi.jpg
    7vrkpnxdi9nn.jpg
    b1fhyxgyqx75.png
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My Version 75 Hard Challenge: May 9 - 66/75

✅ Diet - Calorie counting. Staying at or under 1200 calories per day. 1,175 calories today.
    ✅ Water - 70 oz of water per day (no alcohol) 71 oz. of water today.
    ❎️ Exercise - 30 minutes cardio workout, 30 min strength training and 20 min yoga/palates stretch, 10k+ steps per day (inside/outside) I wasn't feeling well. didn't do much of anything. I guess I needed a day of rest. I forgot to put my fitbit back on after charging so it only showed 2,904 steps.
    ✅ Reading - 10 minutes each day of anything. I read for 1 hour today.
    ✅ Sleep- Get 7 hours of sleep every night. I slept 8 hours and 8 min.
    💪F2F - Mission Slimpossible!💪
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    @NouveauRee
    @Veta2018
    @Pupowl
    @jugar

As your 75 day challenge is starting to come to a close, do you all foresee doing another round or taking a break to rest and absorb your accomplishment?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    May 10 - Day 67/75

✅ Food - OK! really good today
    ✅ No alcohol - no problem
    ✅ Exercise - Two workouts: 1strength-1 cardio. hoeing and cultivating, planting, and hauling for strength, exercise bike and plenty of walking for cardio.
    ✅ Reading - something helpful at least 10 minutes per day. Yes.
    ✅ Water - OK
    ✅ Thoughts - A productive day!
  • jugar
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    @NouveauRee
    @Veta2018
    @Pupowl
    @jugar

As your 75 day challenge is starting to come to a close, do you all foresee doing another round or taking a break to rest and absorb your accomplishment?

Good question. I think I'll take a break and think about what I could have done better. I ended up doing an easier version than I had hoped.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    My Version 75 Hard Challenge: May 10 - 67/75

✅ Diet - Calorie counting. Staying at or under 1200 calories per day. 1,199 calories today.
    ✅ Water - 70 oz of water per day (no alcohol) 85 oz. of water today.
    ✅ Exercise - 30 minutes cardio workout, 30 min strength training and 20 min yoga/palates stretch, 10k+ steps per day (inside/outside) I did 1 hour and 4 minute run, 36 minutes full body strength training, 20 min stretch with 12,711 steps.
    ✅ Reading - 10 minutes each day of anything. I read for 30 minutes today.
    ✅ Sleep- Get 7 hours of sleep every night. I slept 7 hours and 32 min.

@StayFITTer - I would consider doing another challenge. I'll need to revise and change mine up a little. I've reached my goal weight and I am transitioning from losing to maintaining.

• Pupowl
    Options
    May 10 ~ Day 69 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :star: 156 minutes :star:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 3.5 liters :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :star: 8h 52m & 86 sleepscore :star:
    Happy Saturday <3
    sb2l09kwmz0n.jpg
    i5uh05ndkxih.jpg
    yjy22la8nrln.jpg
    uvo7rrxvuqyh.jpg
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 457 Member
    edited May 12
    Options
    Day 6️⃣9️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ❌ Exercise: 60m walk before leaving - progress over none on a travel day
    ✅ Read: Decluttering At The Speed Of Life by Dana K White
    ❌Water: half gallon no where I trusted to refill water bottle and didn’t want to keep buying bottles.
    ✅ Food: under target
    ✅<10g Added Sugar: surprisingly no added🤗 definite progress for me on a travel day

@StayFITTer - the original 75 hard I was looking at was 75 days straight of hitting all goals. If you missed just one goal the next day was day 1 again until you completed 75 days in a row. I knew that wouldn’t be realistic for me but going into this customized 75 hard-ish I wanted to do 75 days hitting all goals even if it took 100+ days. So I’ll be continuing on to reach 75 days. Then will revise my goals to something more maintainable. Right now thinking of either lowering exercise goal to 60 minutes or adding caveat 90 mins at least 4x week. I’d also like to focus more on consistent strength and resistance training because I found myself just going for a walk to meet the 90 min goal. Reading was the easiest goal except I did miss fiction. I always have several books and like to alternate depending on mood. I may drop this goal and add a sleep goal. I’ve been averaging 5 hours but would love to improve that to 7+ hours. Will keep the gallon water goal and food within net calorie goal. Although I may add caveat food within goal without dipping into exercise at least 5x week. I still snacked a lot in the afternoon which usually resulted in dipping into exercise calories. So maybe a limit snack goal until I can get that under control. Will also keep the added sugar goal since that is helping me make better food and snack choices. Overall this has been a great experience and has helped me pinpoint areas that need improvement. Been on this journey for a while and haven’t been able to successfully reach goal weight and maintain so this approach is helping me fine tune in a way that helps with consistency. It’s also a reminder we are all different and even I’m different and what works for someone else or me previously may no longer so must continue to tweak and customize and be flexible to fit current situation.

@veta2018 Congrats on reaching your goal🎉🌟🤗 what will you be doing differently to transition between losing and maintaining?This is something I’m looking at more because I’ve been on this roller coaster several times and trying to understand what to do better to be someone who succeeds and can get off this weight roller coaster ride versus ascending again because the huge weight swings are tough physically, emotionally and mentally.

Would love to hear more advice. I think @jugar mentioned being in maintenance. Yay🤗 is there anything you can share on transitioning and maintaining?

@Pupowl not sure if you’ve mentioned in your post but where are you in your journey? Any advice or suggestions?

Enjoy your weekend ladies🌸
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 7️⃣0️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 30 min resistance training, 90 min walk
    ✅ Read: Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience By Brene Brown
    ❌Water: 101.9 oz 2 bottles short of goal. Didn’t realize this would be the hardest goal to meet when away from home and my usual water routine. Will try to grab a few gallon jugs tomorrow.
    ✅<10g Added Sugar: no added
  • Pupowl
    edited May 12
    Options
    May 11 ~ Day 70 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :star: 178 minutes :star:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 5.5 liters :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :star: 8h 22m & 80 sleepscore :star:
    Happy Sunday <3
    6ejrrnnji4hi.jpg
    wrh4dsg72mtf.jpg
    oct88mh9ocd4.jpg
    2qd2mggbftl4.jpg
    pw4nyq8o76yh.jpg
    rb454m202izu.jpg

@NouveauRee My initial goal is a 100 pound weight loss and I have currently gotten rid of 57 of them, so I am somewhere at the halfway mark. Some things I learned over time:
    ~ eating too little makes you lose quickly but it doesn't last because you will eventually binge
    ~ exercise is overrated for weight loss
    ~ walking is underrated
    ~ focus on something you actually enjoy that gets your heart rate up
    ~ sleep is extremely important
    ~ always track your food - even on bad days
    ~ find a place (like this group) where you can be honest, check in often and stay connected with everyone because it will help keep you on track
    ~ keep your foot close to the brake but also
    ~ one day of overeating is nothing in the grand scheme of things
    ~ knowledge is power & what works for someone else, might not work for you, trial & error.
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 7️⃣1️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 90 min walk
    ✅ Read: Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience By Brene Brown
    ❌Water: half gallon
    ✅<10g Added Sugar: no added

@pupowl Woohoo Congrats on 57 pounds down! Amazing accomplishment🎉🌟🤗 and so many valuable lessons learned! Thanks so much for sharing🫶
  • jugar
    Options
    I second the kudos for @Pupowl - more than halfway there, and even though the second half might get harder as every pound is a higher % of your total weight, well - it's great that every pound is a higher % of your total weight! It does indeed get slow as you get closer to goal, so don't worry about that. And take a week or so at plateaus more often too - your body needs time to adapt to the new reality, and it throws hissy fits if you keep pushing when it needs a minute. You have done great so far, and I'm sure you'll make it!

I did not have as much to lose, but I got rid of 40 pounds and have kept it off for 11 years. 12 in October! I have little struggle times when portion control gets out of control for a bit, but so far I have been able to stay within my range pretty well. I did adjust it down after a couple of years at my first goal range, so don't necessarily try to hit the lowest you hope for all at once. I have seen too many people get all the way to an "ideal" goal, and then bounce back a good bit. Get somewhere where things feel good, stay there a while, and then re-evaluate.

Love the photos! Especially the snake. Gorgeous.
  • jugar
    Options
    Today!

May 12 - Day 68/75

✅ Food - OK! I had a great cookie, but it fit into the total :sweat_smile:
    ✅ Exercise - Two workouts: 1strength-1 cardio. hoeing and cultivating, planting, and hauling for strength, 10 miles exercise bike for cardio.
    ✅ Reading - something helpful at least 10 minutes per day. Some beauties today on Substack. Really striking stuff that will be useful.
    ✅ Water - OK
    ✅ Thoughts - Mother's Day! Talked with mine, heard from my kids, and just enjoyed being outdoors a lot.
  • Pupowl
    edited May 13
    Options
    May 12 ~ Day 71 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :star: 186 minutes :star:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 4.5 liters :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :star: 8h 10m & 83 sleepscore :star:
    [ Under 1450 cal ] :star: Done! :star: Had some applepie too, tasty!
    [ Eat in 6 hour window ] :heartbreak: 6h 30m :heartbreak: Went for a very long walk with my mom in the morning. I brought some mueslibars along and had one during a break.
    Happy Monday <3
    pv86amyjwi8x.jpg
    xec59vg6jxzu.jpg
    2949we46n8ze.jpg
    zow0uo6z299i.jpg
    i7ddwn13xrxc.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @NouveauRee Thank you for the kind words!
    @jugar Thank you! I am fine with going slow and I think the last 40 pounds will be a lot more fun to lose. Going from 'way too fat' to 'still too fat' doesn't feel very impactful so I am very excited to see what changes are still to come. I also feel like my food is very sustainable right now and I have little to no cravings which is very nice. Glad you enjoyed the pictures.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    My Version 75 Hard Challenge: May 11 - 68/75

✅ Diet - Calorie counting. Staying at or under 1200 calories per day. 1,071 calories today.
    ✅ Water - 70 oz of water per day (no alcohol) 70 oz. of water today.
    ❎️ Exercise - 30 minutes cardio workout, 30 min strength training and 20 min yoga/palates stretch, 10k+ steps per day (inside/outside) I did not do any intentional exercise I spent the day mowing and doing other yard work with 23,589 steps.
    ✅ Reading - 10 minutes each day of anything. I read for 20 minutes today.
    ❎️ Sleep- Get 7 hours of sleep every night. I slept 6 hours and 54 min.

My Version 75 Hard Challenge: May 12 - 69/75

✅ Diet - Calorie counting. Staying at or under 1200 calories per day. 1,174 calories today.
    ✅ Water - 70 oz of water per day (no alcohol) 85 oz. of water today.
    ❎️ Exercise - 30 minutes cardio workout, 30 min strength training and 20 min yoga/palates stretch, 10k+ steps per day (inside/outside) I did 5k with a total of 14,606 steps.
    ❎️ Reading - 10 minutes each day of anything. I did not read today.
    ❎️ Sleep- Get 7 hours of sleep every night. I slept 4 hours and 54 min.

• jugar
    Options
    May 13 - Day 71/75

✅ Food - Good one! So many veggies :smiley:
    ✅ Exercise - Two workouts: 1strength-1 cardio. lots of horse work (he and I were both sweaty!), garden work for the arms and back, 10 miles exercise bike for cardio.
    ❌ Reading - something helpful at least 10 minutes per day. not much today
    ✅ Water - OK
    ✅ Thoughts - Had such a good ride, and got things done. A good day!
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 7️⃣2️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 60m walk, 15m resistance training, 15m stretches
    ✅Water: gallon
    ✅ Food: on point
    ✅<10g Added Sugar: had some poppyseed dressing that I’m sure had added sugar so only used a tad

@jugar congrats on 11+ years of maintenance! Amazing! Also thanks so much for sharing such great advice🫶 this is something I’m reflecting on and trying to incorporate this time around to succeed.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    May 13 ~ Day 72 of 75 medium
    [ Naturewalk ] :star: 65 minutes :star:
    [ 3+ liters water & tea ] :star: 5.5 liters :star:
    [ Sleep 8+ hours ] :star: 8h 19m & 84 sleepscore :star:
    Happy Tuesday <3
    ato9edfvheec.jpg
    g8bumpdoj0qb.jpg
    5ysxebycgi3w.jpg
    e761belyjs2k.jpg
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Day 7️⃣3️⃣ of 7️⃣5️⃣
    ✅ Exercise: 70m walk, 20m resistance training/stretches
    ✅Water: gallon
    ✅ Food: dipped into exercise
    ❌<10g Added Sugar: unsure how much added sugar today but guessing at least 10 from the fruit and nut granola yogurt parfait.