April Showers brings May Fitness - May 4, 2024

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    @ceebeeslim
    I am most consistent when:

* 1Meal prep all my meals. This requires me to eat what is in the fridge so I don't waste food
    * I Keep hydrated and am drinking my water/crystal light.
    * When my pantry is void of ultra processed foods.
    * When I eat whole foods. Not breads, not packaged foods, not even protein bars.
    * when My mindset is focused on doing what I need to do , regardless of how I feel.
    -thats a big one isn't it. Because alot of times we do what we feel like doing and saying 'oh well....start again tomorrow'. Which doesnt' lead us to our goals.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Ive not been eating "on plan" ....
    tastes so good...

which isnt' the right mindset.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 6 miles crosstrainer, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 106.4 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Daily Goals (for this week) red heart for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 hearts for each goal.
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Acts 15) <3<3<3<3<3<3
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily <3<3<3<3<3
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) <3<3<3<3<3<3
    4. Take 30 minute nap after shower instead of "poison".
  • justgirl81
    edited May 18
    Options
    CeeBee,
    I think with nutrition, I go through phases. Some days I think I'm doing well, others I think I'm failing on an epic level.
    I think, for me, the most important thing is to remember my goal. I want to be strong and healthy enough to help my friends and family for many many years.
    My personal belief (to each his own based upon their research) is that Paleo style eating is healthiest, thus it is the set of principals I most align my eating towards.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Thanks @SherryRueter - it feels good to know someone understands the struggle. I know it’s in me.

And I use biblical verses, the feeling of “health” after I eat well, the great feeling after working out, educating myself, thinking of myself as in a “fight” with food companies etc. etc etc to keep myself “in the game”. I just can’t seem to sustain it for long.

Maybe it’s just being human? Progress not perfection? Maybe. But I know I did this before!! Argh! I said this before, but I think I need the accountability - that feeling of “uh-oh” - a real “uh-oh” if I don’t meet a milestone.

Will think on it too! 😄

• SherryRueter
    Options
    @justagirl83 remembering the goal- it’s not always as strong of a desire to attain it . Some days yes 🙌 other days I throw in the towel.

@ceebeeslim I definitely try to use the Bible as well to sustain me. I think that in America 🇺🇸 it’s just too common to eat processed foods. Where as if we lived in a different country, it would be uncommon
    To have some of these foods at our meals. Let alone have snacks in between. We are such a wealthy country.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    In the moment I need a big sledge hammer to knock it outta my hands. lol.

But seriously, it’s the mindset of, I will eat to nourish my body first- then I can have a small treat that I want. (Heard that this morning). Such a good idea.
  • justgirl81
    edited May 19
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 106.7 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Daily Goals (for this week) red heart for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 hearts for each goal.
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Acts 16) <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily <3<3<3<3<3<3
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) <3<3<3<3<3<3
  • justgirl81
    Options
    In the moment I need a big sledge hammer to knock it outta my hands. lol.

But seriously, it’s the mindset of, I will eat to nourish my body first- then I can have a small treat that I want. (Heard that this morning). Such a good idea.

What about "treat"ing yourself with a bubblebath, massage, 20 minutes of sunshine, music time, a nature walk, etc rather than food?
  • justgirl81
    edited May 19
    Options
    .... I think that in America 🇺🇸 it’s just too common to eat processed foods. Where as if we lived in a different country, it would be uncommon
    To have some of these foods at our meals. Let alone have snacks in between. We are such a wealthy country.
    100% agree. Pridefully eating themselves to death, literal death. Diabetes, heart disease, cancers, all stemming from and/or fed by sugar and/or processed grains.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Sunday
    Weigh In: 107.8 lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Acts 17) <3
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily <3
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) <3
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    justgirl81 wrote: »

What about "treat"ing yourself with a bubblebath, massage, 20 minutes of sunshine, music time, a nature walk, etc rather than food?

You're right. Why can't my treating be a thing that is NOT food associated? WHy can't my escape be things like you listed. I like it! Thank you for the suggestion.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    NO tracking on saturday or sunday.
    I felt like I nailed Saturday. and 85% on sunday - as far as food goes.
    Workouts and activity on the weekends are normally very high.

Tracking again today.
    I am considering doing a repeat meal this week.

That breakfast will always be my apple and Yogurt with some walnuts
    and lunch can be my protein shake with a peanut butter sandwich (all measured out!).
    ***That lunch felt almost like a cheat meal.
    I almost had a salad for lunch - the macros were the same.

WE leave friday for our 13hour car ride to visit "home"/Iowa. and then we are camping for the week. I am *hopeful* that I can maintain apples and yogurt for breakfast. I want to continue to track.
    BUt I'm getting ahead of myself.

My goal for this week is to track and be under calories. ALL week. That's a lunch and a breakfast and a dinner. No inbetween crap. Instead, a walk, a nap, a massage, etc. a walk. a new top.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    ** Went for a 3pm walk instead of a 3pm snack break ** Baby steps. Thanks Justagirl
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs

1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Acts 18) <3<3
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily <3<3
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) <3<3

• justgirl81
    Options
    ** Went for a 3pm walk instead of a 3pm snack break ** Baby steps. Thanks Justagirl

Way to go Sherry! I'd call that a big step; the first step is always the hardest. Great job! xoxo :)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 7 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 108.8 lbs :'(

1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Acts 19) <3<3<3
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily <3<3<3
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) <3<3<3

I'm disappointed with the weight gain. Haven't been sleeping much.
  • SherryRueter
    edited May 22
    Options
    Okay - I'll give your format a try...

Wednesday:
    Workout: The WORK: Week 3 PULL (Back, one Bicep, 2 Shoulders, a little squatting and lunging for fun)
    +12mins Step increaser through Youtube video: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXAQW66XNcgndVImc7Ytbs_qgQ49Xjeb7

Last Weigh In: 5/1: 105.4

1. Read proverbs: 1 chap/day. <3<3
    2. Tues Nutrition: 7/10 (snacks at work, had granola....more than I needed, and added sugar. skipped dinner)
    3. Do non-food rewards: <3 x
    4. Add daily Meditation walks and/or Personal development book reading.

@justagirl81 dang... sleep is so important. Hope you find rest soon.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.4 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Acts 20) <3<3<3<3
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily <3<3<3
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) <3<3<3<3

• justgirl81
    Options
    Okay - I'll give your format a try...

I keep playing with my format; I'm trying to stay accountable and grounded as well as open myself up for constructive criticism. ("as iron sharpens iron..." :wink: )