WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    OK - no matter what, I'm pre-logging for tomorrow! Join me if you'd like :smiley:

My "faking it" skills are no longer making it these days. After the past few stressful weeks, my exercise routine is off on a cruise somewhere, my eating habits are having a rave in the kitchen, and it is time to get out the log book.

Exercise is going into my "official" calendar with reminders and all, and the food entries are going in tonight. Having them already there in front of my face helps, and makes having to choose (or being able to choose!) go away. Once a few days happen, it gets easier.

Let's do this!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have pre-logged my food for tomorrow as well! I am under my calorie goal by about 100 calories, but I may need that with all the eating I did this weekend! Plus I plan to exercise either tomorrow morning, or right after work. It's supposed to be sunny so I can get outside which will be great after all this rain we had.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 @jugar
    so sorry I am several days late!
    PW: 257.2
    CW: 257.3

I will also skip weigh-in this week, I will be away and not bringing my scale!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Weigh-ins due through Tuesday:

@strong_fit_ells
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango
    @ineego

I am debating if I am going to just weigh in tomorrow or wait 1-2 more days to see if I drop some water weight from all the junk I ate. I may see what the scale says tomorrow morning!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...you have a new member joining your amazing team...Please welcome @smcewen99 :)
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Welcome @smcewen99!

I have followed my pre-logged food plan for today and went for a walk! Now I am pre-logging tomorrow. Time to get back on track! How was everyone else's day?
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thx Megan- SP1970

Hey WA's -
    Big Shawn from Canada.
    Returning to the monthly accountability thingy.

I have a standing weekly (tracking) bet with my wife.
    Now with a little help and motivation from my friends to add a little extra (effort)

Food for thought.....
    What is one easy hack that you have incorporated into your day that makes a difference?
    What is one thing you've learned about yourself during this healthy lifestyle journey?
    Any goals after 30 days?

How can I help?

Let's do this!
    Shawn
  • jugar
    Options
    @smcewen99 Welcome Shawn! Where in Canada? We have a few Albertans, and I'm in Québec.

I love your landing energy :smiley: Good old accountability is always a good move, and we have to vary it to make it work, it seems to me. So you're in a good place here! We love new people energy.

You can help by doing what you just did - tell us about yourself, stuff you've tried, ask questions, experiment, and be one of those voices in everyone else's heads! Hearing those when you're reaching for the evil snack of doom is always useful : >:)

I do want to know what your bet with your wife is, though... What do you win?
  • jugar
    Options
    So my first day of getting back to pre-logging is going great. I love not having to decide anything :smiley:

I have one more exercise session to go (10 miles on the bike while watching something exciting!), and food has been spot on today. I needed that. More pre-logging to come!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    This week is flying by already! Who's ready for Wednesday?

@strong_fit_ells
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango
    @ineego
    @Gidgitgoescrzy (are you back from your trip? How was it?)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I sort of pre logged yesterday. But more importantly, I logged and closed out my diary. Yay! One day. Let’s do it again. Oh hubby and I also walked after dinner.

Interviews went well yesterday. Now some waiting. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Off to work I go. Make it a great day.
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    CW: 156.6
    PW: 155.2

Stress, salt, not hydrating, & hormones.

I'm getting back on track with my water, steps & eating after nearly a week of being off. I loved @jugar 's description of her diet having a rave in the kitchen, exercise is on a cruise, etc. I can relate! I had a really difficult situation come up last week which was pretty all consuming. Feeling more on keel today, though.
  • lauren_989
    Options
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 214 🙈

Ok so I knew I would be up after this weekend, but omg not that much!! Time to turn this ship around and fast!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's another new member joining your amazing team .....Please welcome @Alessaprinceza90 :)
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Vikki, @Gidgitgoescrzy, those pictures are beautiful! It looks like you had a great trip and am so glad you had good weather as well!

@Alessaprinceza90 welcome to the team! Feel free to share a little about yourself. Everyone will be doing re-introductions in our next month thread in a few days, or you can look through the first few pages here to learn a little about everyone.

I had a so-so day today. The scale was a shock and major wake up call this morning. I did have some pizza for lunch, but I only had a protein bar for breakfast and went to the gym this evening. I am going to cut back on my snacks and no added sugars (aka candy) for a bit. Has anyone else told different places where you have rewards when your birthday is? I need to change my birthday on some of these so I can get a free treat throughout the year versus wanting everything in 2 weeks! I still have a free crumbl cookie and slice of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I am trying to forget about it and hope it just expires without me going there.

I am just about to pre track my food for tomorrow as soon as I finish typing this up. I find that taking the decisions out of what I am eating is super helpful for me sticking to my plan. Here is to a green number next week...this red is getting old!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    ineego wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words about my Dad, he is home and a bit of a new reality for my parents but he is very fortunate having received such quick intervention.

No clue what my weigh in was last week... It was.. Is all very foggy.

Cw 158.8

@ineego I found your post in a different area and moved it back into our thread. When posting try to keep to just the groups thread for the month and not create a new one. I'm glad that your dad is home! I hope he continues to heal and get the care he needs.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Good morning! It was fun indeed having a visit with my fab sister @EvMakesChanges - and Jasper always loves meeting new friends. He's got a great happiness motor on him, that's for sure. It has been a rough few weeks with dad passing away and my husband down with pneumonia, but having both my daughter and my sister here together was the best possible antidote. Today we'll have a quiet day with my daughter and her partner. Music will be played (I have this song that daughter's SO has to work on with me :smiley: ), veg and stuff will be grilled, and the sun is

When I crossed the border to visit you all on Saturday, I realized I hadn’t been to Canada since autumn 2019!
    It felt wonderful to be with *my* fab-sister and Phoebe & John.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My post jumped into the “done” zone way before I was done! Little beast.
    I’ve been completely obsessed, compressed, and distressed over the last several weeks that I cut myself off from pretty much everything. I’m slowly getting back to my life and vowing to make some more changes. I’m going to get a stationary bike to put in the living-room. I’ll put it where the futon coy ch now lives…that will move to my daughter’s apartment, I hope, or else the big sale our church puts on, if I can con my OH (“other half” for you new folks) to take apart the very sturdy (read “effing heavy”) couch frame to relocate it in the next few days.
    I need a few days off from work to help this get organized! However, I’ll need to work around the work schedule, instead.
    I’m impressed with your “pre-logging”. I never trust that I’ll follow what I said I’d eat. Hmm…perhaps I’ll try it in June…which is next week…yikes! No! This Saturday! Wowza.
    Be well, dear ones. Remember - if you’re having protein powder in water, it’s a protein supplement. If you have it blended in milk with fruit, or peanut butter, consider it a meal replacement and eat accordingly.
    You’re welcome. 🥰
This discussion has been closed.