WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Vikki, @Gidgitgoescrzy, those pictures are beautiful! It looks like you had a great trip and am so glad you had good weather as well!

@Alessaprinceza90 welcome to the team! Feel free to share a little about yourself. Everyone will be doing re-introductions in our next month thread in a few days, or you can look through the first few pages here to learn a little about everyone.

I had a so-so day today. The scale was a shock and major wake up call this morning. I did have some pizza for lunch, but I only had a protein bar for breakfast and went to the gym this evening. I am going to cut back on my snacks and no added sugars (aka candy) for a bit. Has anyone else told different places where you have rewards when your birthday is?
    I need to change my birthday on some of these so I can get a free treat throughout the year versus wanting everything in 2 weeks! I still have a free crumbl cookie and slice of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I am trying to forget about it and hope it just expires without me going there.

I am just about to pre track my food for tomorrow as soon as I finish typing this up. I find that taking the decisions out of what I am eating is super helpful for me sticking to my plan. Here is to a green number next week...this red is getting old!
    OK @lauren_989 -- step away from the crumbl cookie and the cheesecake. Just put the cards down. Nice and easy. Now kick them into the trash and no one will get hurt.

Power!
  • jugar
    Options
    @Alessaprinceza90 Welcome! I hope you have a fantastic June with this lovely bunch of people. Don't hesitate to ask questions or to just talk about your day - it can be confusing at first, and it seems like everyone knows each other. Just dive in, and you'll get to know everyone too. Looking forward to getting to know you!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I second the WOW on your photos! Beautiful weather, and spectacular surroundings to hike through. Good steep hills too! It looks like you were having a blast. You look fabulous too!

@EvMakesChanges more furniture moving! What fun! But having the exercise bike there for your viewing pleasure makes a virtue out of watching an episode every evening :smiley: I love biking through Manhattan without the smog, the English countryside without rain, and right out of crowded offices and houses without anyone even knowing I'm there!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy, your pictures are beautiful! What a wonderful trip. It’s beautiful. You look amazing! So glad you had great weather.

I logged my food and closed out my diary with 3 calories left. 😂 I was going to have a cookie but decided on half a cookie to stay under. My big win today was resisting cake and pie in the teachers room. I really wanted some of the cake but I talked myself out of it. Ate my lunch and realized I was full. So yayya win.

I have a cold. So fun. Keep up the good work and welcome new members.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,070 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have another new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @Heathere244 :)
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good Job @micki48 Avoiding cake isn't always easy. I brought in a bunch of fudge and goodies from Ireland for the office, and I am really wanting to try the whisky fudge that I picked up at the duty free in the airport, but I am going to do my best to avoid it and hope they finish it off before temptation gets the better of me.

I did really well yesterday, today I did not get up and exercise, but I slept so well, I decided I needed that more. I will exercise this evening when I get home, my goal now is to lose 10 more pounds, but more importantly, I want to work on strength, flexibility, balance, and overall toning. I just have to find a good program that I like and will be consistent with.

Have a great day and Welcome to all the new members.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Who's ready for today?

@MaddawgMadsen (I have you as possibly excused)
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday! And welcome aboard to @Heathere244 :smiley: Jump right in and let us know a bit about you, what you're hoping for, and anything you'd like to share. See you soon!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thank you for the add. I am new to FitBit Challenges and posting on social media platforms so I may need some assistance. In 2020 I lost my job, got divorced and had a medical scare, so I lost about 30 lbs. since then I picked up binge eating and gained it all back and then some. I am at the biggest weight I have ever been and climbing. I am hoping others depending on me will encourage me to be mindful of my eating habits. I am at that age where the weight will not fall off so easily. I am excited so start this journey!

I found you on the sign up thread! Hope you find your way here. I'll also add you as a friend and if you have any problems, just let us know. Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi WA's ...Another new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @ElfBodGoals :)
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Heathere244 and @ElfBodGoals! I can relate to what you said about losing weight and then having medical scare and putting it back on. That happened to me in 2012. Since then I have been losing and gaining the same weight...

Today was a good day for the most part. Eating was on point and I stayed within calories. I had a headache after work today (most likely from sugar withdrawal) and took a nap after dinner. I hope that doesn't make me have a hard time falling asleep tonight!

@micki48 great job staying under calories by only eating half a cookie and saying no to cake. Those break rooms are so dangerous!

@Gidgitgoescrzy prioritizing sleep is important too, especially if you are experiencing jet lag after your trip! How has it been with the time difference?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi WA's...Another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @Lyss983 :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    👀 I’ve got a cough that is wearing me down. TGIF. Moving to the next step with one of my interviews. Likely both. Only 5 1/2 days left of school.

Today was an emotional challenge. Food was pretty good but I did not have the energy to log. Try again tomorrow. Need to get to bed. See you tomorrow.
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of tracking and feeling good about being honest and real - it is so easy to estimate vs hard facts - spilled over a little bit - but balanced it with movement ( gardening and biking) I reminded my wife that if she doesn’t track ( she does WW) with me - she loses our friendly bet. Thx for supporting - 1st weigh in is Wed or Sun - night all Shawn
  • Ruth_2024
    Ruth_2024 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CW 224.8

Think the only reason I'm in the green this week is that I got up and weighed myself later than usual. Not a great week. Combination of frustration with some things not going the way I wanted, too much computer gaming, and an unexpected food plan failure. My usual lunch is half a bag of one of those chopped salad kits, with half the dressing and some additions - more greens, cherry tomatoes, berries, sugar snap peas, etc. I'm obsessed with crunchy seasoned chickpeas. The falafel flavored ones are awesome! Anyway, for some reason my salad supplies went bad way earlier than normal and I was left unexpectedly foraging for lunch. I could have made better choices, but no... Back on track yesterday with fresh groceries, and have my plan in place for today.

Welcome to all the new folks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 The jet lag is much better, Tuesday and Weds were rough, but I seem to be back on track and the good part of that whole reset is, before the trip I was getting up at 6, so since I had to do a reset, I am now getting up at 5.15 so I can exercise in the morning, ( not that I've done that the past two days , lol )

@micki48 Hope you feel better quickly.

My husband and I seem to have caught a little bug, we both have sore raw throats, and some chest congestion, but other than that I feel fine, it's weird, I'm not tired I don't feel bad, and the chest congestion is minimal, it's the sore throat that is killing me, but I got some Mucinex insta-soothe spray, that stuff is amazing.

So since tomorrow is June 1st - I would like to propose a little challenge if anyone is interested in doing it with me.

I need to do strength training, but I HATE it, so I thought I would start small.

Everyday do 10 squats, Increase the number of squats by 5, every 3 days, taking one day off per week.
    Week 1 = 3 days of 10, 3 days of 15
    Week 2 = 3 days of 20, 3 days of 25
    Week 3 = 3 days of 30, 3 days of 35
    week 4 = 3 days of 40, 3 days of 45

You can do them all at once, or split them up, I am planning on week 3 and 4, to split them into different types of squats.

I thought squats are great because they work so many different muscles, and usually make a difference pretty quickly.

So if you would like to join me, we can keep each other accountable and motivated :smiley:

Have a great day !
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    @StayFITTer I think when it comes to Stridekick there are two things I need to work on: daily logging and hitting my step goal daily. I enjoy the quick little habit checks.

@Gidgitgoescrzy So glad the trip was amazing. You and the hubby look happy and healthy and all smiles... love that it was a great time. I'll work on squats in June, I need to get back to strength myself.

@EvMakesChanges I resonate with you, prolonging doesn't work because I never have any idea what I'm going to eat. Maybe that sounds like the problem but I still prelog when I log, just right before the meal itself. As long as it's logged before it's in my mouth, I can make adjustments. I haven't properly logged in way too long and it shows.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    PW 250
    CW 250.2

Username bowens1973

PW 241
    CW 240.6

Brad asked me to post for him this week - he is away on business again and didn't want to miss recording his weight.
  • jugar
    Options
    smcewen99 wrote: »
    Day 4 of tracking and feeling good about being honest and real - it is so easy to estimate vs hard facts - spilled over a little bit - but balanced it with movement ( gardening and biking) I reminded my wife that if she doesn’t track ( she does WW) with me - she loses our friendly bet. Thx for supporting - 1st weigh in is Wed or Sun - night all Shawn

@smcewen99 Shawn, you are so right about tracking vs estimating - let's hear it for hard facts! (and winning friendly bets :wink: )

I neglected to log yesterday, had a crazy unpredictable day, and bam, the scale was up this morning. Today is pre-logged. I was feeling so good on the last few days getting back to pre-logging and sticking with it. One yucky day was a good lesson!
  • jugar
    Options
    @Ruth_2024 I'm so glad I cannot find those crispy chickpeas around here. Or at least I hope I never stumble upon them - they sound way too good! Sorry your salads went off on you, but it looks like you had an OK week in spite of it, and you're back on plan. WTG!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I like your squat challenge. I'm in. I'll be travelling to Alberta for 10 days in June, so I'm not sure I'll hit every single day, but since this takes less time than my usual workouts and I won't be home for that time, the squats are a great choice just to keep doing something. I now have a task for every squatting day in my calendar. That makes it harder to avoid :smiley:

Lots to do today - including riding Jasper. It is gorgeous and sunny, so I think we need a good ramble if he's feeling calm and happy, or a good sweaty workout if he's bursting with energy.

This discussion has been closed.