Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In

PW: 211.3
    CW: 212.6
    LTD: 40.0 lbs
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @pupowl, wtg, gf on the weight. And Tinus is looking so handsome outside.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,198 Member
    Options
    Hey there...ended up having to work late last night so got home, walked, did my strength exercises and went to bed. Walked a mile this morning before work and am getting ready to do another short jaunt, but man it's hot here today! Not a complaint, just a fact...I love when it's hot! It was so cold in my office today, felt like I was working in a freezer, but to keep all areas of the building at least semi-comfortable when it's hot, they have to keep my section like the freezer! LOL

Can't wait til we move to the new office...hope it has a brand new HVAC system!!!

VERY nice weigh-in @pupowl...WTG! Tinus always looks so cute in his little outfit out for his walks/playtime in the garden! Does he ever get a short haircut or do you always keep it long for him? Does he get bothered by the heat during the warm months? Sounds like he likes to announce the birds just like Betty does...at 3am with a megaphone! LOL Gotta love em, right?!

So, how was your hump day today?!! Hope it was great...tomorrow is Friday Eve!! :smiley:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Weigh - in
    PW: 307.2
    CW: 307.2
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    Step Count:
    Sun 05/05: 3270
    Mon 05/06: 5847
    Tue 05/07: 4891

Tuesday(Wk2; Day 3)
    • Track / Under Cs / 1HrExe ?
      No / No / No
    May; Wk2:
    • Net Calories ( 6438 / 10500)
      πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜

= Daily Avg: 2146 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 138 / 350 )
      πŸŸ’πŸ”΄πŸŸ’πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜

= Daily Avg: 46 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps (14008 / 70000)

= Daily Avg: 4669 (Goal: 10000)
    • Log / UnderC&Cs / 1HrExe

(0 / 3 Days)

Sunday:
    No cardio today
    Monday: Still eating low carb but not tracking
    Wednesday’s Weight Check: ~ Up 1.4lbs 😱 get it together lady

I’m an ex-athlete so that song hits the right spot for me! Thanks for sharing! @frankwbrown
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 weigh in for Wed May 8th
    PW = 203
    CW = 203
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: Β»
    "You can't change and be somebody else in the future unless you start becoming a little better at being that future person today."
    Richie Norton - Author-Entrepreneur

What are you doing today to be the person you strive to be?

This is so true! Recently, I completed a values exercise to identify my priorities. I use the list to guide my decisions. If we can identify as someone who lives a certain way, I think it becomes easier to make better decisions and build better habits.

So, I tell myself that β€œI’m the type of person who ________.”

E.g., … cares for my body and treats myself with dignity by eating nutritious meals that nurture me physically and mentally. This will help me live a longer, more productive life. So, I’ll be able to enjoy more time with my family and friends, contribute to my community in productive ways, etc. I haven’t perfected this practice yet but I’m definitely improving. I’ll look forward to reading what other’s post so I can learn what works for you and get better at acting like the person I aspire to be in the future!

Thanks for posing a question for us to reflect on the quote @Cyncia85! β€” A good reminder!

Hi @PatriceFitnessPal
    I like your example. Sometimes I will ask myself, "what can I do right now to work toward the person I strive to be." I like yours because it is about aligning our behavior with our values.

Progress > Perfection. We are all a work in progress.

Thanks for sharing your reflection on the quote :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Thank you! Cats are very good at regulating their body temperature and they actually need their fur. Shaving it all off should only be done for medical reasons, or if the cat is so old it stops grooming. Thankfully we aren't at that point yet so we just do a lot of combing. :smiley: He is fine in our summers, though he does get a bit lazy when it is hot and just lays down more. But he doesn't overheat. He will often still lay on a blanket in the summer instead of the cold kitchen tile so I guess he is fine. I hope you are doing well. When are you moving to the new office? And have you heard back about switching to a different position yet? I don't think I saw you post more about that.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a very long and busy day, which naturally started with a walk. My head hurt a lot, so I was glad the sun wasn't out in the morning. The walk wasn't very interesting; no pictures today. I relaxed most of the morning and then after lunch started cleaning. I moved all the furniture in the living room on my rugs so I could vacuum every nook and cranny. I also vacuumed all of the cat trees, the shelves for Tinus, the cobwebs by the ceiling and windows, behind the radiators, the hallway and the stairs. After that I mopped everywhere, cleaned the window sills and my walking shoes. It was a lot of work and it has probably been a while since it was this clean downstairs!
    I decided to sit down and puzzle some in the evening and before I knew it, almost two hours were gone, I was late for bed and I still had to do my leg raises and clean Tinus' water fountain. The puzzle is not easy, so I still have a lot to do. I will see how far I get today. Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    We all need realistic goals, but it is also important to have self-belief. Ask a close friend or family member about a desired aim that they have but are struggling to visualize. Suggest that they stand face to face with you as they tell you their wish. Next, ask them to list the limitations. By voicing them, they will find it easier to overcome them. Observing someone close to you striving to achieve their goals will give you confidence with your own.

7zrd6tpaovdb.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    Good morning shape shifters; 🌞
    Steps for Wednesday
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yay! The Sun is finally out again. We had 3 days of cloudy rainy weather with really high winds as well.
    My daughter's High School Graduation is this weekend and the weather is supposed to be great for it!

Steps:
    May 7= 7767
    May 8= 7500
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    Step Count:
    Sun 05/05: 3270
    Mon 05/06: 5847
    Tue 05/07: 4891

Tuesday(Wk2; Day 3)
    • Track / Under Cs / 1HrExe ?
      No / No / No
    May; Wk2:
    • Net Calories ( 6438 / 10500)

= Daily Avg: 2146 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 138 / 350 )
      πŸŸ’πŸ”΄πŸŸ’πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜

= Daily Avg: 46 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps (14008 / 70000)

= Daily Avg: 4669 (Goal: 10000)
    • Log / UnderC&Cs / 1HrExe

(0 / 3 Days)

Sunday:
    No cardio today
    Monday: Still eating low carb but not tracking
    Wednesday’s Weight Check: ~ Up 1.4lbs 😱 get it together lady

I’m an ex-athlete so that song hits the right spot for me! Thanks for sharing! @frankwbrown

@Krysless2 You got this girl!! :-)
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    May Week 2 Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday – 14197
    Monday – 14683
    Tuesday – 6375
    Wednesday – 5,574
    Thursday –
    Friday –
    Saturday –
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 9
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: Β»
    @jessicakrall8 Thank you! Cats are very good at regulating their body temperature and they actually need their fur. Shaving it all off should only be done for medical reasons, or if the cat is so old it stops grooming. Thankfully we aren't at that point yet so we just do a lot of combing. :smiley: He is fine in our summers, though he does get a bit lazy when it is hot and just lays down more. But he doesn't overheat. He will often still lay on a blanket in the summer instead of the cold kitchen tile so I guess he is fine. I hope you are doing well. When are you moving to the new office? And have you heard back about switching to a different position yet? I don't think I saw you post more about that.

@pupowl I've always had short-haired cats and I know they can pant to regulate their temps but never having had a long-haired cat and seeing a few people on Twitter (X) that do trim their cat's hair, I just wondered...glad Tinus has that under control...

Move to the new office is at the end of this month...the new position didn't work out...after two interviews, it got down to me and one other person, and they went with the other person, so I'm just biding my time and trying to make some decisions. It will work out as it's meant to, I'm sure. For the most part, I like what I do...could just do without some of the "politics" in the office. Thanks for asking.

Hope you had a great day today. I got a lot done, but our programmer is on vacation, so of course, everything decides to hit the fan...LOL

Jessica
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88
    Thank you for your kind words :smile:

I hear ya on the replying later. I wish MFP community forums interacted differently so we can interact on posts in a more dynamic way (eg real-time commenting, threaded discussions, etc).

A past mentor/boss/leader/manager of mine used to tell me done is better than perfect. I remind myself of it weekly (maybe daily).

Perfectionism is something that came up for me in therapy so I have been working on it. I like the metaphor you shared of planting the seed. Brene Brown also has some great insights on perfectionism.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive energy, Shape Shifters! I appreciate all the motivating comments and support. Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 147
    CW: 147.5
    SW: 168

Ltd: 20.5

I have a few upcoming deadlines I’m working on, with many tasks due in May and June. So, I’m trying not to get too far off track. I hope you are having a good week, and enjoy the weekend!
This discussion has been closed.