Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    5/5-11,842
    5/6-4,949
    5/7-2,893
    5/8-8,421

Bad eating, and little movement while I was at my mom's the past 10 days to help her after her hip replacement, but she is doing well, so I'm back at the hard work, steps should be better from here on out. I ran 4 miles today, Saturday my daughter and I are doing a 5 mile run, she insisted we do 5 miles instead of 2 miles, ugh, lol.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a pretty lazy day. It was super foggy in the morning, so I left my camera home since I literally couldn't see much of anything. There could have been dancing bears and unicorns and I would be none the wiser. It cleared up a bit when I was almost home and then I saw a male northern wheatear fairly close by. Very sad I had no camera. I have only seen the female twice before; never a male. I would have loved a picture of it. I do walk that path fairly often, so hopefully I will see it again. When I got home, I started some laundry, had breakfast and then sat down with the puzzle. I really wanted to finish it before my mom showed up. This puzzle had a lot of blue and green so it was challenging, but I got it done and it was still very fun. I did my gym rings workout and the dishes after dinner. Happy Friday everyone <3
    d1eulo242g67.jpg
    ljg8lpkphkwz.jpg
    shha13wxlvmk.jpg
    heep9i9ajkc6.jpg
    The bird was sitting on this tire here.
    epu44aibujea.jpg
    ltigou6h7bd7.jpg
    tt6nlgbk0mov.png
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    bvfmn00mlnuk.jpg
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Friday weigh-in
    Goal zone weight: 124.4

Oof, I’m glad I gave myself a wide range for my goal zone weight lol. The trip for graduation really did me in (as traveling always does). But it was a wonderful graduation ceremony (protests were minimal and contained). Now, we get my girl moved from Indiana to Florida! I’m so happy she will be close to me.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 208.2
    CW 208.0

Happy Friday! Nutrition tracking wasn't great this week due to workload, but I was more conscientious about my snack choices.

I'm loving the beautiful spring weather and blossoms here! I've been wanting to go for a longer bike ride in the morning, hoping to get that chance this week. Have a good weekend, everyone.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 Great info as always Krystal. Even the ones we already know bear repeating. And at the mention of NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity thermogenesis) I'm going to add the link to one of my favorite threads in these forums. Lots of great ideas for adding more activity (i.e. calorie burn) to your day.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Hey there!
    I hope you're all having a great day!
    Last week I had an impromptu phone screen for a new opportunity. It has been a week and I'm waiting for a response for next steps. Putting some positive energy out there and trusting the process and the universe. 🧘‍♀️
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I read some interesting posts. I'm working from my phone so I will come back and reply in a day or so.

A lil inspiration / friendly reminder...

Your diet is more than food. It's what you watch, listen to, read, the people you are around, etc. Be mindful and purposeful of the things you put in your body emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. @Pupowl and @jessicakrall8, please excuse me again on Monday, May 13th, as I've still not gotten too otlr found my scale. I was hoping to have found it by now but no, it's elusive. Ik I packed it.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,433 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 5/7: 10,731
    Wed 5/8: 10,244
    Thu 5/9: 11,249
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 10
    Options
    frankwbrown
    May week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday, May 10
    PW: 251.0
    CW: 253.9 (↑2.9 lbs; 1.16%)
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 10
    Options
    Most of us I'm sure have heard how difficult it can be to keep the weight off after a significant weight loss. That's where I'm at: I know what I need to do, but doing it's another matter.

I've been reflecting lately on that lack of progress. In fact, not just a lack of progress, but a trend toward undoing my prior progress. This morning, I weighed 255 pounds which is the most I've weighed in over 3 years. So, I need to do what I know I can do, because I've done it before. I'm already well into the fourth year of my weigh loss[/gain] journey (July 10th will be four years). So I'm setting out on a five-year plan to reach my goal weight by December 31st, 2024. (July 10th was an arbitrary start date so I'm going to track by calendar year even though I started mid-year). Going forward, as a reminder to myself, I'm going to post my weight loss/gain regularly. It'll look something like this:

HW:330; GW:220±5; 35.0 pounds to go;
    2020:↓46.7; 2021:↓53.0; 2022:↑4.3; 2023:↑7.9; 2024:↑12.5

• bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 193.8
    CW: 193.8
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 138.2
    CW 139.7
    I'm back to my yoyo pattern & can't seem to shake the pounds off consistently.I'm trying not to get down by it but its still so annoying.
    I'm inspired by all the posts & tips.I walk & exercise alot & usually stay within my calorie goal.
    I've had a busy week with appointments & been nursing a strained shoulder.I had bloods done at the doctors & they keep threatening me with statins,I already take meds for high blood pressure.So I got a nice surprise when my cholesterol had gone down so they advised re diet & will test again in a year.I also have white coat syndrome & they said they wouldn't take it as its always high when I go to the surgery.I stupidly said "I feel OK " so they took it & it was 175/85 😱 thankfully they ignored it as that morning it was 115/57 at home.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    My steps,sorry for the long list
    5/6 16,773
    5/7 16,228
    5/8 18,248
    5/9 17,557
    5/10 15,825
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    @jessicakrall8 and whoever else is playing, Im leaving for my 5k in about 2 minutes. See y'all soon. 🌞
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. My mom is here now and I am already very exhausted, lol, so I am going to keep it very short. We went for a walk yesterday but didn't see that much. She picked out some puzzles to borrow from me, I cooked for us and then had an early night. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    cat20z92bzyz.jpg
    j40rttiqk9ci.jpg
    fnuu8nc8cj8e.jpg
    e6mk1jmdwo7p.jpg
This discussion has been closed.