p0nuaiz3nwv7.png

Team Winners
    lvrq9umt0ynj.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    aiclkqvo54cm.png
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Great job team for coming in 3rd this week!!

Shout out to our top 3: @Heathere244 @Gidgitgoescrzy @MaddawgMadsen

And we had 48% of our team in the green!

Let's keep going strong! 💪🏻

Weigh-ins due through Monday:

@Heathere244
    @StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango
    @Lyss983
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Busy day today! But workout was done, lunches (and meatballs) were prepped, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be to greet Monday!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    it's been quite a while since I had a "1 Perfect Day" but I think I nailed it today! Didn't sleep in too late, made a plan for meals, grocery shopped, meal prepped, had a normal lunch, wasn't peckish for snacks in the afternoon at all, got time in the sun tanning on my building's roof deck, planned my week in my planner, called my dad for father's day and did a 20-25min workout while on the phone with him (multi-tasking!!), had a delicious dinner, cleaned my kitchen, took trash out, hair is clean for work tomorrow, and got into bed right on time. Of course, now I have dilly-dallied and it's late once again but that's okay. I had time to ice my feet and a do a face mask, too. Onto the week!!

@MaddawgMadsen love that horse in a hat!

@micki48 kayaking was so lovely yesterday, I'm not on my phone now or I would attach a pic of a mama goose + 7 adolescents that were swimming by me.

@EvMakesChanges good to see you back in the chat!

night night all
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways 🥰
    I'm trying for One Perfect Day today. I've had a blow out yesterday, after my weigh in and today I'm back on track.... But am I missing something?

My newsfeed isn't working for the last couple of days... Is it gone? Surely not 😢
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

My snacking tips went pretty well on Saturday overall. I broke my thoughts down into 2 categories:

1) Is my stomach hungry?
    2) Is my mouth hungry?

The first speaks to true hunger - the rumbles, the gurgles, etc. that our stomachs can make when we are hungry. The second speaks to cravings. Both can happen at the same time, but often, the craving one is focused on delicious cookies, and the first is focused on nutritious food.

At my event on Saturday, I snacked a lot on the veggie platter that they had for my stomach, and then enjoyed a couple of cookies for my mouth hunger. All in all, a win. 😊
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    CW: 155.8
    PW: 157.2

A loss, yay! I'm back from a lovely week at the beach. I really needed the break. It was a great ti.e of connection with my 13 year old daughter. I swam, took long walks, read 2 novels, ate seafood, chatted with friends, and did some reflecting. I realized how much I've been struggling the last few months.

I'll try to be more active here. Have a great week everyone!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways 🥰
    I'm trying for One Perfect Day today. I've had a blow out yesterday, after my weigh in and today I'm back on track.... But am I missing something?

My newsfeed isn't working for the last couple of days... Is it gone? Surely not 😢

MFP have taken away the Newsfeed. That's why I now only use it for this group.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 227 Member
    edited June 17
    Options
    Happy Monday Team

I had a good weekend, Saturday we went to a new diner in the avenue for breakfast and it was terrible, I left 3 of my 4 slices of bacon on my plate, that's how bad it was. Then we went to Lowes and I bought some flowers, and some other gardening stuff we needed. got home got those planted, then detailed my car, because I refuse to pay $ 300.00 for someone else to do it. It took about 2 hours. Then we went to a cookout at a friend's house, where we played corn-hole for hours. I neglected to do my squats, but while cleaning the car, I was in squat position a lot of the time, getting all the little nooks and crannies vacuumed out, then squatting to scrub the tires/wheels, so I feel like it was a fair trade.

Sunday, I went to the pool with my sister-in-law, while the hubby did father day stuff with his kids, so that was nice and relaxing, got home, prepped my meals for the week, its tuna salad week, so it was fairly easy. Did my squats, did all 30 at once too. :smiley:

It;s going to be sweltering this week, so I am hoping to get our work walks in early. I don't think we will be able to do them weds, as the co-worker who covers for my walk partner is out, so she won't be able to leave, and I'm just not doing it by myself, it's sketchy...

So my plan for this week is -

Squats everyday..
    3- 20 minute videos
    minimum - 3 work walks.

I think I am going to redo the squat challenge for July, ( I think I will start at 20 though) but I would like to add an upper body something that is easy and can be done anywhere, so I have to think on this, my sis in law suggested pushups, but I HATE, I mean, just no, I am not, nor will I ever be a push up person. lol... I do have weights, so maybe a simple lift the weights in alternating L's, (one arm out front, one to the side, then switch) If you have any ideas for me, throw em at me. Thanks

Okay have a wonderful day !

@Micki48 - I hope today is the day and all your job worries are alleviated.

@Jugar I am sorry about your friend, cancer sucks!

@adrimango Look at you coming back from vaca with a loss... Sounds like it was lovely !

@kali225 Woohooo on the perfect day...

@MaddawgMadsen Sounds like a busy weekend! Those pics are great !

Okay, time to do what they actually pay me to be here for... Have a great day !

• Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Previous Weight: 174.2 lbs
    Current Weight: 172.6 lbs

This week, I'll be tracking while in maintenance mode/a smaller deficit than usual. We're getting a heatwave here this week, so the timing was pretty good. I'm now scheduling in advance when I'll be taking these kinds of deficit breaks to help me remember to do them!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 442 Member
    edited June 17
    Options
    PW 165.8
    CW 165.2

Had a great weekend. My daughter's birthday party was a success, she made a pottery mug with a group of friends. Father's day was relaxing and what we needed to recharge. My husband has been working more because of the playoff games. Can't wait to get in my garden and see the progress. My zucchini plants are so small, no flowers for a while, being up north our season is short.

@ashleycarole86 I'm hoping there's water soon. I was excited for the Calgary Stampede in a few weeks. Hope it's not canceled.

@micki48 - How do you find meditating? I've just started following a guided meditation before bed and it's been such a useful tool to connect with myself and reflect.
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Weigh-ins due through Tuesday:

@Heathere244
    @StayFITTer
    @ineego
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Another perfect day over here - productive at work, made my lunch last over several hours accidentally so I wasn't craving snacks in the evening, got my workout done before dinner, and after dinner I caught the tail end of sunset from the roof deck. I am addicted to that place.

I'm also in line for a heatwave the end of this week so I won't plan to be outside too much Thurs/Fri.

and look at this, going to be asleep on time tonight. not sure what got into me this week but I hope it sticks around!!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I also despise push ups - my suggestions for arm move for the month would be a shoulder press (seated or standing) or rows (1 arm at a time or both together from a bent over position - could add a little more burn from your squats since it it requires engaging the legs/back/glutes/abs to hold the position).

@adrimango lovely loss, lady!

• lauren_989
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy a nice upper body exercise with no weights is the inchworm. It also works hamstrings, back, and core which is nice to get it more muscle groups! You basically start standing, bend over and put your hands on the ground (you may have to bend your knees some), then walk your hands out until you get to a plank position, walk your hands back in, and stand up.

@Kali225 wahoo! Great job on the second perfect day! And you're welcome, I'm bring the heat up to the northeast when I come up on Thursday 😋

@wishfuljune love the thoughs about is your stomach or mouth hungry. I am going to ask myself this week when I am not home and out of my normal routine.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    6/17/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.2
    CW (Current Weight): 138.2

Sunday 6/9 15,757 (25 min yoga/stretch)
    Monday 6/10, 9,946 (run)
    Tuesday 6/11 9,651 (20 Strength, 10 HIIT )
    Wednesday 6/12 11,470 (60 min PiYo)
    Thursday 6/13 AM 10,683(10 HIIT 10 min Interval training)
    Friday 6/14 6,614(25 Interval training)
    Saturday 6/15 10,508 (20 Dance, 10 HIIT,)
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Hey Bridget, @StayFITTer just wanted to double check your weight this week. While it's a great number, I don't think you're down 26 pounds 😄
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 🤦🏾‍♀️

And nor do I want it to be down 26 pounds in one week…. What in the world??!!!

This this a public service announcement as to why you don’t log your weight at 2AM in the morning

LET’S try this again.

6/17/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.2
    CW (Current Weight): 163.8
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Hey Bridget, @StayFITTer just wanted to double check your weight this week. While it's a great number, I don't think you're down 26 pounds 😄

• adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy - love the simplicity of your squat challenge!

@Kali225 - congrats on your perfect days!

I walked during work for a little bit yesterday but not as much as I'd like. First day back from vacation is always an adjustment! My back and neck are bothering me. I did something at the Beach and was feeling better but yesterday had a dental appointment and that chair was agony. I am sitting with my heating pad this morning.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning - It's not Monday ! :smiley:

I almost had a bad day yesterday, but I think I stopped myself and got in a little workout before it got to bad. I did overeat, but nothing horrible. I made myself egg salad, with a tomato and cucumber salad. Then I realized we had pizza left over, so I had a slice of pizza, not horrible but I did not need that pizza.

We didn't make our walk work either; my partner forgot her tennie shoes.

I think I am going to try some different upper body moves between now and then, the inchworm looks interesting, so I am going to try some different stuff and see how I like them, my husband suggested wall push ups and halfway through progress to incline push ups, as he thinks push ups are great cause they work so much.

Okay off to do payroll, cause tomorrow is a holiday !

This discussion has been closed.