WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of travel - said no to sweets 3x - and push back on eating more calories / better portion control this week - celebrating small steps and shifting from how it was to being present to eating in the now.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    PW: 209.4
    CW: 210.2

Had a little extra snacking this week and it shows on the scale 😕 I'm going to try and work harder on that next week. I am going to excuse myself from weighing in next week since I will be in RI, but will still be here and posting! I just don't want to get hyper fixated on a number from a different scale which could be off from my scale.

@smcewen99 great job saying no to sweets 3 times!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends,

There's a nice energy in the room this evening.

@micki48 I'm sending you positive vibes across the ocean for the best outcome for your next teaching venture.

I had a meeting with my MS nurse yesterday - all is well. It's just nice to be able to map my condition with a professional. Being 60 and menopausal makes it hard for me to log relapses as being MS-specific as some symptoms are maddingly similar. We had a giggle about that! Nevertheless she suggested a few tips for me to consider.

Ironically, I've been missing my planned workouts these past couple of days as chronic fatigue has decided to make an extended visit. I'm hoping it will lift enough for me to do my scheduled walk/run tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Rest day today, and stayed in to cope with the crazy heat! Stay cool and hydrate, everyone!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @YinxFed you need to listen to your body! With chronic illness and fatigue, you don't want to hurt yourself exercising because you pushed yourself when your body needed rest. Focus on what you can, specifically nutrition, sleep, and water!

Next up! Wonderful Wednesday people:

@Gidgitgoescrzy
    @EvMakesChanges
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    checking in - another perfect day in the books. good meals, met my protein goal, had a lovely dance cardio with the girls, both in-person and virtual, and even had some time after work to read my book up on the rooftop. snuggled in bed now for a bit more reading before lights out. Hope I can hang on to this streak and have a nice weigh-in friday.

@YinxFed take your rest! sending energy right back across the pond

@lauren_989 I was really not prepared to step outside today into a 91F wall of heat...

I have the day off tomorrow and a lovely set of errands/activities. I better get snoring.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    PW 143.2
    CW 144.2

Argh....

• ineego
    ineego Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry.. I am late posting. The Oilers game distracted me!
    PW 159.3
    Cw.158
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,292 Member
    Options
    Wow! How did I let four days get away from me?!

Well, I’ve been busy with interviews and onboarding because I got the job! I’m excited to become part of this school community. It’s one of the oldest schools in the US. It’s been around since 1760. I’ll be in first grade. Met my partner teacher. We got it off great. Excited.

I’ve been watching my granddaughter too and tomorrow we leave for the Jersey shore. I guess I better weigh in tomorrow or take an excused week.

There has been more wine than usual for me with dinner this week. And probably the next few days. Then back at it.

Hope to catch up soon. My toes are dry (pedicure). Going to a concert with hubby tonight.

TTYL 👋🏻
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Wahoo! Congratulations @micki48!!!!

@Kali225 congrats to you on another perfect day!!

@ineego great loss this week!

I am packing and getting ready for my 6am flight tomorrow. That will be here before I blink!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in reminder:

@ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
    @MaddawgMadsen
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Still staying on track - looking forward to a staycation at the end of next week!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, Friends !

Just swinging by to say Hurrah @micki48 I am so happy for you. Such good news!

And I managed to get to my yoga class this morning. It was so beautiful. What a way to greet the summer solstice!

Happy Hump Day!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 237 2
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    Both me and hubby @bowens1973 recording a loss - woo hoo! Told ya we win and lose together.

Life has been busy for both of us. Yesterday I got called away from work at 8:30 in the morning a close friend needed to be tended to at the hospital. All is well (for now) but it was a stressful weekend. Brad's sister and brother in law are visiting us for the weekend so we are off tomorrow. They have their trailer with us so we are hosting them out at the lake instead of at our house which is great because our house is a disaster since we're still limiting water usage while they work on the repairs (and yes this is a good excuse to get behind on cleaning, haha). @cleaneater80 Stampede is on so you will be able to enjoy. What are the main attractions you're looking forward to? I'm a big Stampede girl and my industry participates heavily in customer events - it's always a lot of fun.

@micki48
    Congrats - so so amazing, the best of news. So glad you and your partner teacher jive. This is making me smile big! Those Grade 1 kids are gonna be so lucky to have you!

@MaddawgMadsen
    Wow that sounds like a whirlwind, glad you made it through the other side.

@Kali225
    What a streak of perfect days. The non-perfect day that breaks the streak is coming, but another fun way of looking at things is to never have the bad thing that derailed you happen two days in a row. I think it's a Nerd Fitness concept but it's basically if you fall off track on something one day, just don't let that same thing fall off the second day, or before you know it that's the norm. I appreciate the idea that it's not perfection at all costs that gets us to the finish line.

@YinxFed
    How did you make out - did you get your run in? Glad a restorative yoga session felt good. Managing your health with a chronic condition deserves special recognition. You are such a rockstar!
This discussion has been closed.