Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 314 Member
    Today

8.4k steps
    Lots of liquids (meds dehydrated me and I felt it on my kidney, so no more allergy meds)
    Calories are a bit under. Had too many carbs. Went out for coffee with the kids. I split carrot cake into 3 so I had a small amount.

Had a good day. I’ll post pictures of historical place when my friend comes next week. Then I’ll be going into the old part of the city.

Love the doggie pictures. This is an old but fave for two of my girls.

ecp7xi9uoht1.jpeg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,970 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69

s5suwbso2gdz.jpg For last week of June you placed #1

Thanks, that did not show up on my feed. I've looked a few times.

I've noticed if the results come up small sometimes if you reload the page it will come up larger. I'm nearsighted but in my 50s so when it comes up tiny I can't see anything.
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld
    Is it too late to be an active member for July? If not, I think my weigh-days were Fridays and my SW would be 266.2

Thank you for good wishes, my surgery went fine and I've healed up well. I'm back to both jobs which makes my bank account happy. I'm not completely released for lifting heavy stuff or swimming but that should change in a couple weeks. I'm very happy to be up and moving again though. It feels good.

My Dr was able to prescribe wegovy to me and I was actually able to fill it. I'd been on saxenda but it's super hard to find; I could never find it for more than a month or two and I'd have to stop. I'm only on my first week but I'm looking forward to the food noise going away. I think outside of losing weight, that's the best part. No food noise.

@ bethanie0825 @trooworld I entered your weight and will let them know you're active again, thanks!
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @AyaTheTyga @rjv230 @bark2j5
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow to the following: @DrewsAnna
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited July 3
    Welp, I had to go sit at my daughter's work place until she got off work. A guy showed up asking common sense questions repeatedly. It bothered her so off I went. I had to shift my whole schedule for today. She's worth it.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 563 Member
    @Cornanda ty and Vannie are still the goofballs that keep me laughing♥️

@TeresaW2024 I am so glad that you were able to get something for dear Maggie Mae that wasn't the cone of shame. I can't resist ice cream, but I found a great substitute at Costco. Chocolate ice cream is my thing and these organic fudge bars are amazing.
    v2mghp48gow3.jpeg

@trooworld I am so glad that today went so much better. That picture of Daisy and Violet melts my heart! They cuddle!!

@Txcritter69 I am so sorry that you are struggling with diesel being gone, it is amazing how they are just part of our heart. Big hugs being sent to you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 that Fourth of July celebration sounds like so much fun! It's always good to know what your limits are

@Ambersway I love that picture of your dogs!

I actually made it to spin class this morning, I just about talked myself out of it lol. It was a super busy day, I went to spin class, then did some cleaning, grocery shopping and was going to cook up dinner for the next few nights but by the time I got home and got both of the dogs walked I didn't have time for any cooking🤣. I am really looking forward to the day I can walk the dogs together! I did a distance agility class with Vannie this afternoon, we're getting quite good at it. I am too slow to keep up with her as she runs the course, she is so dang fast!
    I am exhausted, I did 19,275 steps thus far today. I am now going to pass out on the couch, hope everyone had a great day!

These two still fight over the tiniest ball🤣
    ofk6w8stkg2a.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I love that photo of the 5 of you, so precious! Interesting I'm sure your friend was very inspiring, she sounds like a great person to hang out with for you! I tend to eat fast too. Enjoy the fireworks!

@megnolia82 Happy Canada Day and anniversary!

@AustinRuadhain Yikes I'm so glad you're okay, that sounds pretty scary! I like your plans for the week.

@laurelfit57 I hope the spin class goes well and you like the instructor. You sound like you're doing great! Those fudge bars look amazing! You got a lot done today! Your pups are too cute together!

@AmbersWay Oh no I hope you're starting to feel better when you read this! I love that no matter what is going on you haven't disappeared and you've been through some tough stuff since you've joined the group. Ugh going back to low carb after eating “normal” is a tough one, I hate those cravings. Great job portioning the carrot cake! What a beautiful pic of your pups!

@Cornanda Happy Tuesday!

@TeresaW2024 Love your advice to Jennifer I needed to hear that too! It's a tough week with the 4th, hope you avoided the ice cream at Aldi's! I've been eating dessert the last couple nights and froze half of it today.

@trooworld Yay I'm so glad the convention was better yesterday. Aw too cute on the pug! I hope you share pics of the meditation garden sounds very cool! Aw are these the same two that used to fight? I LOVE this! Hey you're the one who recommended The Women by Kristin Hannah right? I just started it and it's real familiar but just came out this year, feels like I read it a few years ago but had a publisher year as this year.

@bethanie0825 I'm so glad your surgery is behind you and you're healing well and back at work. I hope the wegovy goes well for you.

@txcritter69 I'm so sorry you're having a tough time, thank goodness he'll be back soon. I hope you got the exercise in it may cheer you up a bit.

@FushiaKat Great to see you! Happy Independence Day! Sounds like a fun way to watch fireworks, I've done that in Tahoe where we climbed a mountain to watch fireworks. I've been eating a lot of cherries too, it's hard not to eat a lot of fruit in summer! Hey cherries aren't here for that long enjoy them while you can (it's not ice cream right?).

@19shmoo69 Where is your daughter working? Yep your daughter is worth it, you never know, I vote for trusting instincts and being careful.

Hi team! Had my surgeon appointment this morning, he thinks I have another auto immune issue but I need a referral from my primary and couldn't get even a phone appt for 6 weeks. I wish I didn't have stuff where I had to keep dealing with the medical system but if it could help my pain issues I'll find a way. We're in the middle of a heat wave, it was 107 today and will be warmer tomorrow. I have my niece kitty here for the week, not looking forward to the 4th with three scared kitties! Have a great night and wonderful Wednesday.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 249 Member
    @19shmoo69 You are a good dad! :)

@laurelfit57 Those fudge bars look so good. I need to go to Costco! Vannie and Ty look like they are kissing, but really, they are in an epic tug-of-war with a tiny ball. :D<3

@Katmary71 That is so frustrating that you can even talk to your doctor for 6 weeks! In the meantime, are you able to manage your pain? Ugh the heat! I keep telling myself that this is summer, and it is what it is. One time, when I was a kid living in Bakersfield, I stayed the night with my cousin, and for some unknown reason, I didn’t have any shoes. The next day, we had to walk back to my house, which was several blocks away, and it was well over 100 degrees. We shared one pair of flip-flops and kept switching them on our feet. I guess my cousin didn’t own another pair of shoes so we could have our own. :D

Good morning! Not much going on here today. I will do a workout and do some housework, but that is it. I just saw on the news how many people will be traveling on July 4th, and I can’t think of doing anything worse. :D I’m home until church on Sunday, which works fine for me. I failed my 24-hour fast yesterday but plan to try again today. It’s OK to do hard things! Ya’ll have a good day. :)
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 285 Member
    Good morning,

@vegan4lyfe2012 I have the same problem when it comes to getting too many steps in I fractured my ankle back when I was a kid and now it lets me know I over worked it. I used to try and keep up with all the high steppers in groups but in the end I was just hurting myself. Now my goal is 7000. anything over is icing on the cake. Have fun at the fireworks.

@AmbersWay Love the pic of your pups. Crazy how those allergy meds can mess with your body.

@19shmoo69 You are an AWESOME dad.

@laurelfit57 Thank you. Great job on the spin class. Just reading your day made me tired. Ty and Vannie are to cute.

@Katmary71 Thank you. 11 more days and he should be home unless she wants to keep him an extra week due to the first week of him not eating so he could not be trained. I hate the way insurance companies have you getting referrals for everything.

@TeresaW2024 That's a cute story about the shoes. There's no traveling here for us either.

Well, yesterday was a productive day in the end. I did not work out but did get my steps in cleaning our game/temporary storage room. It has been a mess for awhile now. I don't recognize the room when I walk in. it stops me in my tracks. Today is going to be a busy day of running around. So cutting this short. I need to get going.
    Here is Diesels first video on place training. In the end he is so funny.
    https://youtu.be/C3QxfzeuAsI?si=rMy8lroQR9GoS9IB
  • 19shmoo69
    @Katmary71 she makes sandwiches.
  • 19shmoo69
    A Day before Thursday Ice Breaker Question

If you were an athlete, what would you choose as your walkout song?

Mine would be FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME by Pillar
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited July 3
    @AmbersWay – OMGoodness that desert! Cute doggies :) I can’t wait to see the pics next week!
    @19shmoo69 – You are a good dad. Any time we get a gut feeling about someone, it’s usually true.
    @laurelfit57 – Those two goofballs are hilarious!
    @Katmary71 – Watching fireworks from a mountain sounds surreal! Sucks about the referral process. Maybe they’ll have a cancellation. Stay cool and hydrated! Good luck with the kitties.
    @trooworld – What a hilarious pug sticker! Sorry about all the people at the garden, but glad you could still mainly enjoy it and so glad you got that time to connect with your friend. The pics are gorgeous! A Mediterranean Wrap sounds perfect while Oceanside :)
    @txcritter69 – You definitely know my pain. My step goal is 6,000. I was only expecting pictures, not a super fun video! Yay for Diesel!
    @lislisa123 – Fantastic job avoiding the Temptation Monster!

Day 3 and I’m still going strong with food choices. Wish my foot wasn’t such a disaster. Fingers crossed I manage my walk to the fireworks ok. Thankfully Oliver is only 14 pounds, so not difficult on my back to baby-wear him.

OMGoodness y’all. I’m sitting here on the computer listening to Byron playing…the noise he’s making…he sounds like the tomatoes from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! I’m dying!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening and stays hydrated!
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    :@AyaTheTyga @rjv230 @bark2j5 @DrewsAnna
    Reminder to Weigh In tomorrow to the following: @askewcr
  • Katmary71
    @TeresaW2024 Yikes that's awful about the flip flops, your poor feet must've been burning! Hope today goes better with the fast!

@trooworld If it's a returning member they can return at any time, it's only new members that need to start at the beginning of the month. @bathanie0825 was still in the support area so I just have her moved back to active. I absolutely love that garden, wow! I bet it was perfect after being at the convention. I wish we had one!

@txcritter69 Aw I love seeing how good Diesel is doing with his training, thank you for sharing! It's amazing how much it mentally helps to clean a messy area, I'm trying to get my office space organized and having it cleaner has been great (just need to finish it).

@19shmoo69 You may remember this one from my feed with the question, there's no way I'd lose a fight walking out to this as the spirits of my ancestors would rise and help me annihilate my enemies! Or beat someone, lol! https://youtu.be/BSNb1LXXk40?si=t1CcxvZvoWXSo2FD When Du Hast came out a bunch of my feed friends here and I were busting our records weightlifting to it.

@lisalisa123 Love the meme! I was just explaining to someone this hasn't been a “weight loss journey” but an entire life makeover for me. Great job staying away from the pizza that[s some serious willpower!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks! I hope you'll be able to walk to the fireworks today and your foot isn't hurting too badly.

Hi friends. I worked out, got my allergy shot, then went to a clinic about 20 miles away and camped out in the waiting room and waited about 4 hours to get my referral. Turns out I need a bunch of blood tests first so I'm glad I went, I should get all the testing done in time for my scheduled appt in August and should be able to get in quick then. Heading out to dinner with a neighbor in 2 hours, we're having Chinese so I'm trying not to eat much now. Have a great night and wonderful Thursday!
  • 19shmoo69
    I will start by apologizing. Time has gotten away from me. The next two days will be tied up with holiday stuff and then I will be out of pocket for a week. I can check in from time to time but not often. Heck I even forgot to mention it to @trooworld and @Katmary71 . With all that said I need a volunteer to post a Thursday Ice Breaker Question next week.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 367 Member
    Hey y'all! I will do my weigh in tomorrow. I didn't get to do it this morning. I overslept and the window installers were early. I'm sorry, and I promise to do it in the morning.

leac6bnyuz9p.jpg
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,479 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Hi
    My name is Darren
    I am the partially hilarious and not so insightful motivator.
    I have learned that i should stop viewing health, weight loss and fitness as a journey. So I am no longer on a journey to get to the right weight, fitness level or health aspect. I've been going down the journey plan many times. Once I almost reached the destination and like most journeys I took a pitstop. The pitstop made its way to a turn around, a break down or a huge distraction. Now I'm not traveling I'm living. In life I've incorporated several good choices that cannot be temporary.

So some of the team may know that I have a fear of dogs. I'm also not a pet person. With that said I gave in to my wife. My wife and daughter have acquired a puppy. Unfortunately just like the last one it was given away too young. It is what it is.

sqzzyowbl9df.jpg

Such a cute puppy! What kind of dog is it? I haven’t been on much.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 4
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW 254
    CW 253.5 B)
This discussion has been closed.