7pw5ynojoo7k.png
    ozl21fl3w6r1.png

Team Winners
    36by1ibqajbb.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    h6bk9ubp6gxh.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,223 Member
    It is called Camp Electric. It's a Christian musician camp. My daughter is here and she asked me apply to be a chaperone. I have no idea what I'm doing. I thought I was just going to help corral the kids but it's so much more than that. I am very stressed.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,482 Member
    Very hot and humid here for the last two days, and the upcoming four days looks like more of the same with temperatures in the 90s. We did a lot of walking, probably 10 miles today.

@19shmoo69 - take a few deep breaths. It's just kids and music. Just be glad that you aren't teaching them to drive. You got this.

-Mica
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 537 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 144.4
    CW: 145

+.6
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,882 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @sleepygirl79 (you were just gone for one week correct?) @littlebabekitty @vegann4lyfe2012 @AyaTheTyga @rjv230
    Reminder to Weigh in tomorrow to the following: @AmbersWay @bark2j5 @AustinRuadhain
  • Katmary71
    @megnolia82 Hugs my friend, you got this!

@TeresaW2024 It's worth a try to see if you can avoid a strict diet right? I think a “secret” way to do it is to keep meals in the calorie range you're used to without actually logging everything if that makes sense. I think I could do that but I like seeing all the stats so I usually log.

@trooworld Understandable not wanting to drive that IS a long commute. That's too bad the farmer's market was disappointing, I feel that way about my town's market not being worth it (especially as it's on hilly grass and I trip everywhere). Hope you had a good relaxing day getting ready for the week.

@DrewsAnna Great plan for today to workout and make those snack packs, you got this too!

@Digger61 @maryirisfroelich @davors19 Great job top winners this week!

@19shmoo69 You'll do great and if you need help ask some of the people that have been doing this longest, I'm sure they'd have some good advice.

@miacroo4 Wow that IS a lot of walking! It's going to be a hot week my garden is miserable with all these 110+ days.

Hi team! Met my Dad for coffee this morning and to pass rent along. Annoyed with my roommate but it's a long story. One of my closest friends is having her son move back from Atlanta and he'll need to be close to work at first during the week so she'd asked me if I'd rent to him during the week. May be a way to change things around and have someone I'm more compatible with who rates rent as a responsibility and not something to ask for back after 24 hours when ends aren't meeting. It's sad how much basic stuff like rent before having pot doesn't compute for some people. Not much else going on, made Skinnytaste's Chicken Caprese Skillet with tomatoes and basil from the yard and am headed outside now to water, everything looks like it's dying from all this heat it's frustrating it's so hot! Got my workout in, wasn't super energetic but it's done. Have a great Monday team!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    A wee bit late. Sorry, the day got away from me.
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:226.4
    CW: 225.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,360 Member
    Congrats to @Digger61 @maryirisfroehlich and @davors19 for making the leaderboard!

@DrewsAnna Ah I see. Good job with the workout two days in a row and reaching your step goal! I hate that kind of weather, too. Your snack packs look great.

@19shmoo69 Aww, I'm sorry you are stressed. @micaroo4 and @Katmary71 had some good advice for you. Hang in there, you got this.

@Katmary71 Ah there are like 8 around town so we just know not to go to that one now! We went to our favorite yesterday. Man, a farmer's market on hilly grass, that's no good. Thank you, I did! I'm sorry about the roommate situation. That stinks. My tomatoes are looking bad, too. My peppers and cucumbers are loving it!

@laurelfit57 Looks like Ty got all tuckered out and enjoyed herself! We tired our dogs out at the dog park yesterday. Violet was playing with a poodle/Frenchie mix puppy. She had a blast!

@Sleepygirl79 Congrats on the loss.

Hi all. We took the dogs to a dog park and then dropped them off at home and headed to our favorite farmer's market. It was super hot and I got worn out. We came home and I took two naps throughout the day. I also read a bit and sat on the porch. We didn't eat lunch until about 2-3 pm so I didn't eat dinner. I'm back to work today.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 211 Member

@trooworld Diets don’t work, which is a sad truth. Another sad truth is that 95% of all people who lose weight will quit and gain it back. What sets this group apart is that we might have setbacks like I had for the last couple of years, but we never fully give up on ourselves. That is to be celebrated! :)

@19shmoo69 I’m sure you will do fine at the camp. Just pray for peace and help. :)

@Katmary71 Yeah, I’ve counted calories for so many years that I pretty much know when I’m going over them. :) Ugh, on that roommate! I hope you can see an end to the stress he keeps putting you under.

@laurelfit57 I do admire you going outside in 90-degree weather. I make it my goal to go from AC to AC at all times! :D

@DrewsAnna Those snack trays look so good. Will you have a dip for the veggies? Great job on your workout and reaching your step goal! 🙂

Good morning! Well, I finally did my 24-hour fast yesterday. It wasn’t that hard once I got past the lunch hour. For dinner, I made a yummy chicken cordon blue casserole with broccoli. This afternoon, Maggie will get her staples out. She has slowly started using the leg, and I think once the staples are out, she will even more. It’s not good for her to keep jumping on the good leg, and I really don’t want to pay for another surgery anytime soon! :# I wanted to share a podcast I’ve been listening to from Jason Seib, the Diligent Mind Self-Care program owner. That program cost money, but he has a really good free podcast that has the same information he shares in his paid program. They are short and really worth listening to in my opinion. :)
    https://www.jasonseib.com/podcasts/a-moment-of-weakless-2
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 273 Member
    Good morning,

Congratulations @digger61 @maryirisfroehlich and @davors19 for being the top winners this week. Great job y'all!

@TeresaW2024 Your idea of eating the right foods and staying away from junk food is correct. Protein begin the focus on each meal. I have also read that as we get older that we do not need to workout as hard as the younger crowds do. We tend to put too much stress on our bodies which hurts us instead of helping us.

@19shmoo69 Have a blast with camp don't stress, you will do great.

@micaroo4 Great job with walking.

@DrewsAnna Your windows look great. Your snack packs look refreshing.

@trooworld I'm sorry the farmer's market was not what you expected. I wish we had a market around here. I would love to get fresh veggies instead of the grocery store veggies.

@Katmary71 I am sorry you are having problems with your roommate again. I hope you get things worked out.

@laurelfit57 Love the pics from the river. Looks like they were worn out.

Well the BBQ went great, all the kids enjoyed the water slide. I was not able to get pictures due to playing the host role. I did over eat a bit. But now we are back on track.
    Hubby made a decision yesterday to start changing things up for himself. He has jumped on the wagon of getting fit. He got up this morning at 6 and is in the rec room working out. I will support him by making sure we eat right so that I don't sabotage his goals.
    For me, yesterday was a very lazy day, but I am feeling motivated by his decision and will do the same today. It's time to get moving. It's a new day to make better decisions.
    I am on the count down to hopefully having Diesel home on Sunday.

Have a great Monday!
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 807 Member
    @maryirisfroehlich Congrats to my mom for getting second place in the team weigh-in. Nice job. Now we are tied. Lol.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,193 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 7/7
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 201.8
    CW: 197.4

WOOT WOOT o:)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    edited July 8
    @bethanie0825 – I am so sorry about the surgery. Glad they got it figured out, tho.
    @Katmary71 – To be honest, I really can’t remember if you’ve sent me seated workout videos in the past. If it’s not too much of a bother, that would be really helpful. My upper arms are embarrassing. Ever since tearing my bicep and rotator cuff a few years ago, I’ve been scared to do anything that might mess them up again, but I need to at least get them toned. Good luck with the roommate situation. Super sucks.
    @trooworld – Yes, I am definitely smitten :) Sorry about your pineapple shrimp. It’s always so disappointing when we’re looking forward to something and it falls flat.
    @19shmoo69 – Oh what a fun camp! I hope your daughter enjoys it and I hope you can relax a little…at least in the evenings.
    @laurelfit57 – That river area looks so peaceful and calm. Ty definitely likes that water! So cute!
    @DrewsAnna – I love your veggie snack packs! Thanks for sharing the photo – so colorful! Nice job with all those numbers!
    @txcritter69 – So happy to hear Diesel should be home on Sunday :) And how awesome that your husband is on the bandwagon! It’s always easier when we have a partner in the game.

Hey, all! I am stoked that I lost 4.4 pounds this past week! I’ve been really sticking to healthy, whole food choices, tracking the WW points and making a conscious effort to get more movement in. I’ve been listening to my hunger cues, too, and keep reminding myself that it’s ok to feel a little hungry sometimes.

I made that Dill Pickle Hummus…it was good, but I had to add in way more dill and pickle juice. Recipe calls for ¼ cup of each and I ended up using the entire bunch of dill and probably about ¾ cup of the juice. Frankly, I could’ve gone for even more juice, but didn’t want to overdo it. I enjoyed it with baby carrots. Here’s the recipe and my photo: https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/dill-pickle-hummus/
    u6lhdtyng85w.jpg

Have an awesome day and don’t forget to eat your veggies!
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    :@littlebabekitty @AyatheTyga @rjv230 @AmbersWay @bark2j5 @AustinRuadhain
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the following: @TeresaW2024 @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    @laurelfit57 Aw it looks like Ty had a blast!

@DrewsAnna Woohoo you did awesome yesterday congrats! Those snack packs look beautiful!

@troooworld How funny I wonder if the tomatoes will bounce back after the heat wave? I'm thinking mine are going to stall with this heat but we'll see. I'm glad you made it to your favorite farmer's market!

@TeresaW2024 Yay you did the 24 hour fast, wtg! I saved the podcast link thanks for sharing!

@txcritter69 That's great news your husband wants to be healthy with you! Yay not long for Diesel to come home, that's awesome! How is he doing?

@lisalisa123 LOL you and your Mom are neck-and-neck, nothing wrong with healthy competition! I'd love it if my Mom wanted to join and health group with me, we DO share books which is our main bond.

@vegan4lyfe2012 WOW WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT! I'll get those videos to you, I have seated cardio then arm cardio (I have arm weights and resistance bands too if you're interested in those). That hummus looks so good!

Hi team! Today's been a better day, I went to the farm in the morning then have been home and had a phone appointment late afternoon. I'm trying to get all the weeds out of the grass (I really am not a grass fan but I don't own the home so it is what it is) but there's A LOT. I brought home dill heads to harvest seeds for next year, my cucumbers aren't doing the best so maybe I'll buy some cucumbers and make pickles this year. Any good recipes with dill seeds? Have a great Tuesday!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    PRAYER WARRIORS - We need immediate prayers! Oliver started having seizures. The ER got him sedated and stable with a breathing tube, but he's still having seizures. They airlifted him to a Children's Hospital just over an hour away. Syd and I just arrived, but haven't seen him yet as they're doing an MRI and other tests. Prayers that they can stop the seizures, figure out what is causing them, and that he doesn't have any brain damage. Thank you 🙏
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    Username:AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 213.5
    CW: 213.1
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 349 Member
    Hi Y'all,

Another cardio & strength in the books. Todays, strength focused on abs & core. Let me tell ya, I'm a feeling my abs & core. Yesterday's strength was a total body. Lol.... today, I've been feeling my total body. I'm excited for tomorrow because I found out that one of my old Zumba instructors has a dance fit class right down at the bottom of my hill. It's every Tuesday & Thursday.

My food was mostly on point until dinner, then I sent hubby to Safeway for some Chinese express food, and I didn't inhale it like I normally would have.

I'm ready for our heatwave to be over with, tomorrow should be our last day of the mid to upper 90's, by Thursday we should be in the low 80's.

That's all for now. Y'all have a great evening 🙂
This discussion has been closed.