Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 312 Member
    WI monday
    PW 216.4
    CW: please use previous. I’m away from home and don’t have a scale.

Sorry for my absence. My health has been up and down. I’m trying to keep moving and cutting carbs. I’m experiencing a lot of nausea, so eating is nothing or eat it all while I can.

I don’t know if I should take a break, I know I am not helping group numbers. Any advice? I definitely want to stick in here but not sure about my weigh ins.

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 228 Member
    edited July 9
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in day:Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 246.4
    CW: 245.5
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,060 Member
    @laurelfit57 - Ty is so cute and she gets a nice looking bedhead. Love it

@AmbersWay - Please stick in here so you can be supported until you feel better.

Lisa
  • TeresaW2024
    edited July 9
    @txcritter69 I agree with keeping meals protein-focused. I also think that doing too much cardio isn’t what we need as we age. We need to strength train and move our bodies in ways that don’t overly stress it. One of the reasons I love my rebounder is that it’s low impact. :) Good for your husband deciding to get healthy! I know you are missing Diesel. I’m so hopeful that he will behave better when he comes home. Your goal will be not to spoil him too much. ;)

@vegan4lyfe2012, congratulations on your 4.4-lb loss this week! It just goes to show that if we do what we know to do, we will see results. And yes, it’s OK to be a little hungry. Drink a glass of water and tell your stomach to go lie down. I can’t get on board with dill pickle hummus, but I’m glad you liked it! :D

@Katmary71 Yay, I was thinking of you when I posted the podcast. Start with episode one! I had never heard of using dill seeds. Would that be like using celery seeds? If so, then I imagine it would be good in tuna salad and salmon cakes. :)

@DrewsAnna, Way to go on your workout! Abs is one of my weakest areas, and I need to focus more on them, but I hate it! :D Zumba is so much fun! I hear you about being ready for the heatwave to be over!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh my goodness!! I am lifting little Oliver up in prayer right now!! 🙏<3 🙏

Good morning! I woke up at 5 am and just laid there until Maggie decided at 6 am that we should get up. We got the staples out yesterday, and the vet said she is doing well. However, we are still on very strict rules that she can not run, jump, or even stand on her hind legs. We have windows that are low, and she can stand and look out. So, I have barricaded the front windows and put pillows, boxes, and other items on the sofa and chairs. My house will look like a hot mess for a long time. Poor Maggie will be stuck in the house and not even allowed to run and bark at the evil trash trucks or annoying Amazon delivery drivers. :/ Today, I need to take Mom to Walmart and go into the office for a bit. Have a good day, and stay cool! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,429 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Sad truths but you are right, we don't give up! Speaking of not giving up, congrats on your 24 hour fast! It's amazing you did it, that would be so hard! At least you had that yummy casserole to look forward to. I hope all goes well at the surgeon's with Maggie. Thank you for sharing that podcast, I will take a look. Congrats on the loss! I'm glad everything went well with the surgeon.

@txcritter69 Well, we have like 8 farmer's markets around here, so no worries, there are plenty to go to! However, what I've found is that the farmer's markets are more expensive than the grocery stores (although better quality). I don't tend to get veggies there when I go (unless I am having a special dinner or want something that is hard to find). I'm glad the BBQ went well. That's going to make it much easier with your hubby onboard. Hang in there, Sunday will be here before you know it! <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 Way to go! I'm so glad you had a good week. That's a good combination of healthy habits you did. That hummus looks good, I'll have to try it. Thanks. Yes, it was sooo boring lol.

@Katmary71 I don't know, they also had powdery mildew (I sprayed them with an anti-fungal so that stopped that), so maybe not lol. But they have fruit on them, so maybe? Thanks! Weeds...that must take a lot of effort to pull all the weeds. Believe it or not, I don't have anything with dill seeds. I do have a lot of pickle recipes though.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I just read your second post. I am sending good thoughts your way. I hope Oliver is okay. Please keep us updated.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! How are you?

@DrewsAnna Good job! I hope you enjoy the class.

@AmbersWay It's totally up to you (I think you should stick around) but one thing I've noticed that, with few exceptions, when people take a break and ask to be put on the sidelines, they disappear completely. Just food for thought.

Hi all. Because I didn't eat dinner on Sunday night, all day yesterday I was hungry. At least that's the only thing I can think would cause it. I finally caved in at about 2 pm and had a piece of celebration cake for someone's anniversary. I drank a lot of water yesterday and that didn't even help my hunger, it was all head hunger, I think. Ugh.

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank 130.5 oz water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @AmbersWay - please stay with the team. Through good times and bad, we are a team.
    -Mica
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you!
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 24 Member
    @Katmary71 Thanks for the invite but I am busy babysitting my other daughters baby boy and don’t have the time right now.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 536 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 27 of 52

PW: 137.2
    CW: 137.6

The fireworks were amazing, I took the radio with us this time to listen to the songs they play while shooting off the fireworks. It was out of sync and didn't really match up so next year we won't bring the radio.

We have ripe yellow cling peaches on our dwarf peach tree and yesterday I went to pick some and got too close to the edge of the hill, and I slid down headfirst but managed to get turned around before I got to the creek. My left calf is scrapped up from my ankle to my knee, my shoes, skirt and blouse were muddy and wet. I'm lucky that's all that happened it's a steep hill with lots of rocks and dirt. My scrapped leg is feeling better today but it will take some time to heal.

I'm hungrier in the summer so eating more veggies to help with that. I'm trying to lose a little before my lunch date on July 20th. I dyed my hair caramel and I like it but its frizzy. I've lost all the body in my hair, and I miss it. I think it's just part of growing old.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,925 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @AyaTheTyga @rjv230 @bark2j5
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the following: @DrewsAnna
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Daily Post ~ Tuesday

Days logged on MFP - 559
    Days Tracked - 63
    Track ~ Yes-
    Calories ~ over
    Exercise ~ Zumba
  • TeresaW2024
    @trooworld I hope you listen to the podcast. Start with episode one because each one builds on the other. :)

@FushiaKat Ohhh, my goodness, on your fall! I’m glad you weren’t seriously hurt. Did you at least manage to eat one of the peaches? :) Maybe your hair needs a good deep conditioning. I use a tiny bit of Joboba oil on my dry hair, and it really helps tame any frizz. I’ve lost a lot of body in my hair, too, and I am always looking for help. A root lift product helps me. :)

@laurelfit57 When it’s very hot and sunny, we don’t let Maggie walk on the sidewalk. She doesn’t seem to understand how hot the pavement is, and dogs can burn the pads of their feet. I’ve seen pictures and it’s not good! Going out early or later in the evening is best for both dogs and their owners. ;)

Good morning! It's another hot day, and I'll be inside with the air conditioner on. I'll do a leg workout today and straighten up the house. I’m super happy I’ve been doing so well without snacks after lunch or dinner. For lunch, I’ve been having a protein shake with berries and frozen avocado, along with a few nuts. For dinner, I’m eating whatever I want but keeping my portion size under control. I’ve also increased my water intake, which was already fairly good. I’m feeling super motivated and praying it lasts! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,429 Member
    @FushiaKat Oh gosh, I hope you heal quickly!

@laurelfit57 Oh that's hot! I do not walk my dogs when it is over 80F...I will take them in the grassy area right outside my condo (they don't have to walk on cement or blacktop). I just let them walk around until they go. If you want to walk them for longer periods and on anything but grassy areas, I must gently prod you LOL to get booties for their little feet like this: https://www.sparkpaws.com/collections/dog-shoes-boots (there are cheaper ones on Amazon but this is a good brand I like. I haven't tried ours on our pups yet but I can say they are well made). I LOVE the pics! Your pups are so adorable. They do look tuckered out and a bit hot. I only saw 2 pics, not too many!

@TeresaW2024 I will definitely listen. I had a busy day yesterday or I would have started yesterday! :D Sounds like you have been doing well. Good job with the water and all the other healthy habits! How's Maggie doing?

@vegan4lyfe2012 How is little Oliver? How are you? I'm thinking of you all. Hugs.

Hi all. I have a headache this morning, most likely from all the heat we've been having. Yesterday, I had to go to the fairgrounds and take down an exhibit we put up for our company. I also had to pick up my painting that was in the fair. I wanted to say I did better yesterday than the day before but I did have two very mini donuts (about 1" wide each), a piece of bakery bread with butter, and a couple of pieces of Lindt chocolate balls so I guess I can't say that.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 278 Member
    Good morning,

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am continuing prayers for Oliver.

It looks as if most of the group has managed to figure out somewhat of a game plan for this month. I too will be moving forward through the month of July mostly indoors as I am not ready to jump out in the heat of the day. I started using the Leslie Sansone's Walk at home Miracle Miles program on Monday. I will not be following everyday as John has so many Appt at the VA hospital about 40 miles from home. Morning workouts will not happen on those days. We will not be eating out this month as I have spent that money and then some on Diesel's training.🤣😂🤣 So, today I have a few things to clean and organize, then I will be working on this week's menu and maybe jump into next week's as well. I think I am a little stoked that John has jumped on the bandwagon with me after all these years.

I am a little pressed for time this morning but will catch up with everyone tomorrow morning.

For those following Diesel's training here is the latest update video.
    https://youtu.be/L0BhzKA7EdA?feature=shared
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 278 Member
    I did what to mention to @laurelfit57 (your pups are just so cute). With Diesel I have to get him out as soon as the sun comes up. He is not a hot weather dog either. I guess with him being mostly black, I can feel the heat on him when the heat of the day sets in. I am waiting for him to come home Sunday so I can get some boots as @trooworld has mentioned. I will be taking him with me to town and I don't want his feet burning on the parking lot pavement.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,204 Member
    🩶 Conclusion for Oliver:

Neuro came in and she's basing this down to genetics (obviously first generation if his dad's family doesn't have a history) and his would be considered 'Focal Epilepsy'.

At the St Joseph ER (before being airlifted to Grand Rapids), his body tensed on the right side which means it happens on the left side of his brain. They saw that yesterday when it happened around 4.

She explained that if he starts to seem a little confused or out of it to give his foot or body part a pinch and if he responds, he's not having a seizure. If he doesn't, he's having one.

He'll be on Keppra for about 2 years, twice a day, 12 hours apart. He'll come back in a month for another EEG to see how his brain is doing.

Please continue to pray for him. Also pray for Syd as she is taking this very hard.

As for now, all of the EEG leads are off of him, he's completely off the ventilator and sedation. Breathing on his own very well and Grammy is holding him while he naps right now 🥰
  • AmbersWay
    edited July 10
    Where’s my post? Ugh! It signed me out yesterday but i had hoped my post went through. Thank you for encouraging me to not take a pause.

I just got back to my house from our trip. My weight is as last week which is good since it’s evening and I have had my meals and drank a lot. Maybe tmrw will be a good day on the scale.

The break away was just what I needed. I was so sick and then felt better then got way worse which included my kidney. My kidney is my sensitive area and is scary for me. It’s feeling better now. I’m still going to take it easy for another couple days.

I will post some scenery pics and one of my new little friend who showed up for dinner and breakfast. Furry friends always find us and stick close by. Even the bugs! A fascinating light green insect tried to come home on my daughter’s hair.
  • AmbersWay
    nkjby8a38htc.jpeg
    xjdmriw6hvvf.jpeg
    x0dcfy6f93dr.jpeg
    rlzntjqr1qxk.jpeg
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 356 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW 163.3
    CW 162.7

Hi everyone,

I didn't make it to my dance fit class last night. It was miserably hot and I was sore, so I took a break. I made sure I paid attention 3my food intake though. Normally, I would have gone on a binge when having a rest. I paid attention and lol... I knew I was weighing in today.

Today, is going to be 10° cooler and I'm so happy. It's still going to be close to 90's, but it won't be 100°. Tomorrow and the rest of the week is going to be low 80 to mid 80's.

Alright, gotta go. Y'all have a great day 😀
This discussion has been closed.