Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,970 Member
    @Cornanda Yikes that will be a challenging trip for your husband, I hope he can get a nap on the plane. It's frustrating how late fireworks go. My cats weren't happy but they did better than normal thank goodness. I hope you and Gus get some good napping in today!

@trooworld I'm looking forward to our heat wave being over soon that was another thing that made fireworks annoying, when it's 111 degrees everything is REAL dry but not many seemed to care. I hope you do okay with the heat at the fair today and have a great time.

@txcritter69 I hope you're having a great time at the BBQ right now!

@vegan4lyfe2012 OMG Oliver is the cutest! I'd imagine all that noise and the lights got to be overstimulating fast, still I love seeing all the fun you're having with the grandkids. That sounds like an awesome plan having a rest day in between for your ankle. Have I sent you seated workout videos yet?
    Those are a good option for not hurting your ankle.

@bethanie0825 Early morning I'm glad no one nearby was setting off fireworks! I had a lot near me but I wore earplugs to bed and fell asleep fast thank goodness.

@FoxyMoxie04 I've been all over with the nighttime eating. One thing that helps me is after dinner brushing and flossing (it takes awhile with my dental routine) then I'll have herbal tea until bed. I go back and forth with letting myself have “dessert” like frozen yogurt (stirring vanilla paste in yogurt with fruit and popping in the freezer for 30 minutes), having fruit, or low-calorie popcicles. I've been eating an apricot crisp with vanilla ice cream and just got the slow churned ice cream to start cutting it back out without it being too painful. Even if it's just a piece of fruit sometimes that helps to not have snacks completely off-limits if I'm really hungry after dinner whereas if I told myself nothing at all no matter what I'd be more likely to eat A LOT if I had something.

Hi friends! Been eating too much with the holiday and hanging out with friends the last couple days, I had actually lost a few pounds when I was weighed last week so I probably blew that with going out to eat twice and having ice cream last night. Been real worn out but I'm trying to not just lay in bed, with the heatwave that's challenging. I went to Black Bear Diner for breakfast so I have next to no calories for dinner, may just have some veggies. Not much else going on, have a great night and wonderful Saturday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,817 Member
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.5
    CW: 130.0

My maintenance range is 127-133; I'm within my range.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 219 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 185.4
    CW 184.6
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited July 6
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 214.2
    Today’s Weight: 213.6
    Day Streak on MFP 556

Decent week. I joined a new gym and had a complimentary personal training session. I definitely used different muscles that I haven’t used in a while.

2 weeks left of this class, then I get a break before the next one starts. After the next class I’ll be halfway done with the program.

Dogs are doing good. I took vacation this week to help family out after my stepdad had surgery. He’s all good just a lot of pain from everything they had to do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Looks like it is going to be a rainy/gloomy one here.

~Missy
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning! There's not much going on around here. Yesterday, Maggie's bandage started coming off. I found her hiding on my bathroom rug, and her little face said, "Help me, Mom!" So I took off the bandage, which must have been pulling weirdly at her leg. So far, she is still leaving her leg alone. We don't want that cone! :# I fasted yesterday for 20 hours. I was going to go longer, but I had done an hour-long lift program and was so hungry! I'm rebounding today and will try for the 24-hour fast. I can do it!! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,516 Member
    @txcritter69 Poor Diesel, I hope the training is going well and that it helps with the resource guarding. I have lived in this area since 1994 and have never gone to that garden until this past week, I can't believe it! I bet you have nice places, too, maybe not like that garden but still. A BBQ today sounds fun. I am making steaks on the grill. We can't really have people over because of the way the dogs act. :( Wow, all night brisket, that's dedication! Awww, that video made me smile to see Diesel enjoying himself. I'm glad he's doing well. How is your depression now?

@vegan4lyfe2012 I did have fun! No breeze though lol. Great job with the points! Oliver is soooo cute! Great pic, you look smitten!

@Lislisa123 @Maryirisfroehlich @tammymccrady6278 @gemwolf110 Congrats on the losses!

@FoxyMoxie04 I'd say maintaining is a win considering there was a holiday. I don't have problems with late-night cravings but could you try planning them into your day? Maybe more healthy options like fruits and hummus and veggies? Something along those lines.

@Katmary71 Oh gosh, that sounds dangerous with the fireworks (especially the illegal ones). When is the heatwave supposed to end for you? It actually ended up not being too hot, luckily, and I had a great time. I hope all that socializing was fun.

@TeresaW2024 I hope Maggie keeps away from that leg. We have an inflatable cone that works pretty well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VG5DYT/ You got this!

Hi all. The fair was a lot of fun. It wasn't too hot, it was about 78F. It was hot because there wasn't a breeze but it wasn't too hot. And not too crowded (we got there when it first opened). I got the pineapple shrimp thing BUT it was really boring, small, and expensive ($25!). I regretted getting it, there were other healthy things I could have gotten (and unhealthy things that looked delicious!). It had a little plain white rice, some cut up pineapple, and about 6 pieces of boring shrimp (only seasoning was salt). I thought I remembered it being fried rice in that pineapple boat but I was wrong. Oh well. My friend talked me into going on the sky ride. I was terrified the whole time and it was hilarious. We went to the piglet races, which was really cute. The race for an oreo. I can relate lol. Today, just hanging out. We will probably go for coffee somewhere.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    The Jul Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 7th. Please join us for a fun Healthy Habits Bingo game all week and see if you can win a prize!! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919472/july-week-2-group-challenge-healthy-habits-bingo/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 209
    Today’s Weight: 205
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 367 Member
    Good morning 👋

I hope you all had a great 4th of July. Hubby & I stayed home with Chipper, he doesn't do well with fireworks. I decided to have a daiquiri, then a friend friend came over, so I had a few more. Lol... I wasn't feeling o well yesterday. Lol... I'm not a drinker anywhere.

Wednesday, we got new windows installed and they are beautiful! It's so nice to actually be able to see outside clearly.

s2xxrsxd3wor.jpg

I haven't been doing to good on my weight loss journey, now we are having 90°+ weather. I hate it. So, I'm just hanging out. Today, though, I'm GOING to do a 15 min. workout (more if I can) and make some veggie snack packs. If it's easy to grab, I'll eat.

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 123 Member
    Weigh in day-Saturday
    PW- 259.8
    CW-259.8

• annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 15 Member
    I am still on vacation coming back tomorrow and don't have access to a weigh so I will just log in the same weight from last week if that is ok.

annachangesagain

Weigh in day : Saturday
    PW: 160.9 lbs (73 kg)
    CW: 160.9 lbs (73 kg)
  • Katmary71
    edited July 7
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE LOG WEIGH-INS NOW:
    @Karlo7428 @NanaB1835 @AyaTheTyga @rjv230 @bark2j5
    Reminder for tomorrow's weigh in to the following: @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @laurelfit57 @AyaTheTyga @rjv230
  • Katmary71
    @gemwolf110 How do you feel about the new gym so far? I bet you can't wait for the break between classes! I hope your stepdad is feeling better soon.

@TeresaW2024 I'm glad Maggie's being good with the bandage removed. You're doing awesome with the fasts!

@trooworld You definitely have to go to the garden more now that you've discovered it! Today's the peak of the heatwave, it's 113 and pretty miserable! LOL I'm glad you went on the ride, the whole fair sounds like a blast! Haha I'd race for an oreo!

@DrewsAnna Your windows look great, what a big difference in being able to see out! I had some replaced about two years ago that had broken seals and they look so much better. I hope you got the workout in and made the veggie snack packs!

@annachanges again That's no problem on the weigh in I logged it for you, enjoy the last day on vacation!

Hi friends, had a mellow day I only went out to get some potting mix and it's too hot to do more than water the yard. Today's the peak of the heatwave at 113, hopefully next weekend we'll at least be out of the 100s though it's predicted as 99 and 98. I'm meeting my Dad for coffee tomorrow, aside of that have been doing a lot of resting. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,263 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 255
    C. W. 252

I weighed before I had to leave for the week.
  • Karlo7428
    Karlo7428 Posts: 22 Member
    Weigh In Day:Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight):141.6kg
    CW (Current Weight):141.6kg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 857 Member
    Megnolia82 Sunday weigh in July 7

SW: 228
    PW: 209.4
    CW: 211.4

As you can see I’ve been struggling the past few weeks, also clear from my absolute lack of engagement here. I’m sorry. I have to make some adjustments to my lifestyle and attitude and I need to do it now.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 249 Member
    @trooworld Bummer that the pineapple shrimp didn’t live up to your expectations, and for that amount of money it should have! Fair food is always so outrageously priced. HaHa, I would race for an Oreo too! :D

@DrewsAnna Your new windows are beautiful! I love the black trim. It’s hard to focus on anything healthy when it’s so hot, but you just need to do what you can. I have some veggies in my fridge that I need to prep today. We eat a lot of sandwiches, and I’ve decided to stop eating chips and switch to carrot and celery sticks. Still crunchy and much healthier! :)

@Katmary71 Ugghhh 113 makes me almost want to stop griping about us being in the 90s. :D I’m glad you are resting and taking care of yourself. Have a good time with your dad. :)

@megnolia82 We all have our tough weeks. The key is NEVER to give up, so yes, work on adjusting what you can, and the results will follow. :)

Good morning! It's another hot and humid day here. We will go to church this morning. My sister is staying home today to keep an eye on Maggie. She would probably be OK, but we don’t want to take any chances that she would stress out with us all gone. I have yet to do a full 24-hour fast, but today is the day! *fingers crossed!* :D I did well the last couple of days with no snacks or junk food. I keep thinking about what it really takes to lose weight: Not eating more than two or three meals a day, eat whole food and not junk food, no snacking between meals, and exercising. What if that is all it takes, and we don’t need “diets?” I think it’s something worth trying because I hate diets! I don’t want to ever track or eliminate whole food groups again. And since I’m an experiment of one, it’s worth me giving it a try. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,516 Member
    @digger61 Congrats on the loss! You are so close to Onederland!!!

@DrewsAnna Your windows look nice. That's a good plan to make snack packs. Do you just put veggies in or do you put some source of protein in, too?

@Katmary71 Yes, the only problem is it's in North County, so about 30 mins away. I likely will not go very often, as I drive enough during the week lol. 113, wow, that is miserable! Yeah I had a lot of fun with my friend. Enjoy coffee with your dad.

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss. I hope you enjoy your trip, is it business or pleasure?

@TeresaW2024 Yeah, I could live with bland if it wasn't $25! It really is ridiculously priced. They say diets don't work. What is the solution then? I don't know lol. Eating healthily is a good way to go. Good luck!

Hi all. It was hot here yesterday (for here! 93F). My allergies are bothering me. We ran errands yesterday and took the dogs to a dog park. We also checked out a farmer's market which ended up being just ok, a bit disappointing. I got up too early today, I'm already yawning lol. Have a good day...I'm not doing too much but getting ready for the work week.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 285 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: July 7
    SW 175
    PW 168.6
    CW 169.4
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 367 Member
    @rrooworld I only put in veggies because my protein source changes almost daily.

Hi everyone ☺️

I did a 20-min workout yesterday and it felt good. My feet were hurting all day, but I worked 💪 I didn't make my veggie snack packs yesterday and I saw it on the scale this morning. Today, I'm going to do another workout and make those darn snack packs.

My hubby put in the AC yesterday and it was nice. Today, it will be a little more comfortable to move around. I really don't like 90+ degree temps.

I really don't have any plans today aside from working out and making snack packs.

Yall have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.