Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 312 Member
    WI Monday
    PW ?
    CW 214.8

Sorry I am late. I have been traveling but back now.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 17
    How is everybody doing?

Last night into today was not good. My little Mago is severely ill. He was taken to children's hospital. IV, fruit juice and fish crackers hoping he would keep something down or in. The only thing I've heard is the professional term of Stomach Bug. My Mago is back home but still very ill.
    I've been stress eating all day. That's one thing I wish I could change.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,924 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW PLEASE:
    @DrewsAnna
    Reminder to Weigh In Tomorrow to the Following: @askewcr
  • Katmary71
    @laurelfit57 The nutritionist is working at two places, one is a spa next door to the old office (the owner wasn't sure about having me at first but we got along well a couple days ago) then she was asked if she'd be interested in renting out an office in the back of a Ministry thrift store. The owner does a lot of amazing things in the community and leads and teaches a women's Bible study group. Wow sounds like your granddaughter had an amazing birthday, I'm glad she won all those tickets! Haha your pups in that first photo are hilarious, looks like they're having a great laugh!

@TeresaW2024 I think you would do amazing leading a Bible study! I hope all goes well with Joe's CT scan results, thinking of you two. I hope the glitch can be fixed and things resolved where there's no issues.

@trooworld You know 49oz of water isn't chump change for a low day, wtg! I'll still help with questions but I think your idea if I don't get it out Monday night you grab it for me works well. I've been meaning to share the James Clear email quotes and forget too. Your hubby's cooking sounds so good! LOL I was eating berries and Greek yogurt at the clinic and I overdid it with the strawberries, I can't stomach another one right now so I get it!

@vegan4lyfe2012 So great seeing you post I was wondering how things were! I'm so glad Oliver is back home, that left photo is heartbreaking I'm so glad to see him smiling happily on the right. I hope he grows out of it too. I think it's understandable to struggle with all you've been through lately, I'm very impressed you decided not to wait and get back on track that's awesome! Interesting sounds like the horror movies were just what you needed!

@AmbersWay Great to see you back, no worries!

@19shmoo69 Oh no I hope your Mago is feeling better soon and keeps improving! It's so awful for a baby to be in the hospital, praying for all the little ones struggling right now.

Hi team! I had fun checking out the community garden last night when I visited my friend and dropped off salsa flyers, I stuck around and help her water down cardboard on weeds. Today I worked out, did some work, went to lunch with my next door neighbor, then got some HOA stuff done and went with my other neighbor to Green Acres to drop off a letter asking for a donation for the salsa cookoff. Next up I need to fertilize the garden then get caught up on some work. Doing a little better with food but definitely not back on track. Our new charity Board Member had emergency gallbladder removal so the president and I are going over with food and a card tomorrow afternoon. Have a great night and awesome Thursday!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »

What is One Decision You Can Make Today That works Toward your goals? To stop eating ice cream and get back on track!

Same here!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 550 Member
    @TeresaW2024 my two pups definitely keep me laughing! It sounds like you have a terrifically busy day to get through today! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your staff meeting is fast and efficient and you get out in good time.

@trooworld I have never heard of sniffspot, I googled it and there are some places around here. It seems that people rent their fields, I just looked quickly thank you so much for that!! I'm definitely going to check into it more. Boo to your husband, your puppers would love to run around lol!! Can I come to your house for dinner, it always sounds like you have the most amazing food!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 Oliver looks so good! You must be so relieved. My eating would've been horrible as well, I stress eat to the max!

@19shmoo69 I am so sorry to hear about Mago. Glad he is back home! Stress eating is a real thing for sure

@katmary71 sounds like you had a great day today! You always keep so busy.

We are in a heat wave again this week. They are doing work in my neighborhood, work ripping up all the sidewalks and streets and replacing them all, which in the end will be wonderful but right now we're definitely living in a construction zone. They start at 7 AM, because of the heat I have to walk my dogs first thing in the morning otherwise it's too hot. We are out the door by 6 AM to get our walk in, I'm not getting used to it lol. For those of you who regularly live with this heat, I have no idea how you do it. We are up around 100° again this week. We are going to visit my brother in BC next weekend and it is expected to be about 105° there🥵
    I went to the dinner theatre for brunch today, they did on golden Pond, it was great! I did really good with my food there, but not when I got home I totally fell off the wagon. I realized I was not drinking enough water again today 😖
    I am off now to check out sniffspot, thanks again @trooworld
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 550 Member
    @trooworld I think that you May have higher quality spots where you are through Sniffspot. I was able to find a place half an hour from here I am booked in for 7 AM tomorrow morning, we have to beat the heat :-).
    Thank you again!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,429 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so glad little Oliver is doing better! That IS an amazing difference, and that second picture, he is so adorable. What a great smile. Forgive yourself for the way you ate--- you were stressed, it is past you, just make better decisions now. Sounds like you did just that, good for you! Hey I had soup last night, too, it's good all year round! ;) That's too bad about Longlegs, I had heard buzz that it was good. LOL about the Nicholas Cage comment. I'm glad you were able to get out to destress. HUGS.

@19shmoo69 I'm so very sorry about the little guy. I am sure it's very stressful. I hope he gets better soon. Big HUGS to you, Darren.

@Katmary71 Thank you, yesterday was much better: 111 oz! Yeah my husband is a really good cook. Yeah, ugh, I have to eat those berries and yogurt today and I'm not looking forward to it lol. Sounds like you had another busy day.

@laurelfit57 You are welcome! I know, they would love to do Sniffspot or something like that. We do take them to dog parks and Daisy just hangs around us but Violet runs around sniffing and chasing dogs lol she has an amazing time! LOL yes, we do eat good here. ;) Oh what a pain (the construction) but hopefully it will be worth it. That's ridiculously hot. I hope it cools down soon. That dinner theater sounds fun. There are a ton of Sniffspots around me, but I live in San Diego which is highly populated so that may explain why there are more. Let us know how it goes today! I hope you guys have fun!

Hi all. I finally heard back from the surgeon's nurse only for her to say that she had been out for a few days and would be reviewing charts the rest of the week and to check back next week. This is the same thing I heard last week. I'm very disappointed, I really just want to get on with the next chapter of my life.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 356 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 162.7
    CW 164.4

I totally forgot to do my weigh in yesterday. I got busy and that was that. I got my first Kindle and that had me preoccupied last night.

• 19shmoo69
    I start back with the workouts tomorrow. Between camp and the sick day I didn't get proper sleep. Rest is a necessity for proper health, weight loss, weight gain (for those it applies to) and muscle building. With that is hydration, hydration is so very vital. At camp it seemed like I lived in dehydration.

On a side note for the new(er) members, Mago is not his name. Mago is japanese for grandson. I thought I'd throw it out there just in case you were thinking, What Kind of Name is Mago?
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @askewcr
    Reminder to Weigh In Tomorrow to the following: @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroelich @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
  • Katmary71
    @gemwolf110 Sounds like we need to team up to avoid ice cream, you in?!

@laurelfit57 Wow that construction sounds awful! Your dinner theatre sounds fun, I love One Golden Pond. Sniffspot sounds cool I just Googled it, never heard of it before! I'm curious to hear how it goes!

@trooworld That's a great water total yesterday, wow! Yikes that's frustrating about the nurse, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe give her a ring at 9AM Monday?!

@DrewsAnna No worries I got it logged! How do you like your Kindle so far? I thought I wouldn't like it as I love holding a book but I may prefer it a bit more to books because I'm more comfortable laying on my side and can't do that with hardbacks. Plus they're easier to travel with!

@19shmoo69 Sleep and hydration are definitely improtant, hope you get a lot of both!

Hi team! We had the worst Leaf Guard company here today! I rent from my Dad and sat back letting him deal with it but the guy was being real underhanded trying to talk my Dad into buying today to the point I accused the company of bullying the elderly. They first quoted it at $17,000 then would go down to $4900 with the boss on speakerphone ONLY if he said yes today otherwise he'd only get a 10% senior discount off $17,000. My Dad explained he wasn't ready and wanted to do some comparisons. The boss actually told me it wasn't my decision it was my Dad's when they're playing disgusting games. He was real flustered and went outside to call my Mom to see what she thought so I Googled their reviews and they had a bunch of complaints for doing this exact routine so I talked him out of it. The salesperson was saying things like with a 100 year roof warranty you'd leave your daughter a house she won't ever have to worry about the gutters with but only if you do it today. My Dad's never fallen for that before and I was ready to rip the salesman's head off, he didn't even look at me or say bye when he left. I'd told my Dad he could call and schedule with a different salesperson who would go through the same routine and he'd be offered $4900 again which swayed him to stand firm on no. It really broke my heart seeing him torn on what to do like that, that loser tried to say it's just his job he's not really like that but I disagree. Visit with my friend went well, she's recovering great from her gallbladder removal and appreciated the meals we brought over. Have a great Friday!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 304 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 266
    CW: 265
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,429 Member
    @19shmoo69 I hope you enjoy your workout today. Good job getting back to it. How's the little guy?

@Katmary71 Thanks! I have to message her on the app, but I am definitely going to do it on Monday morning as I am ready! :D That's good you talked your dad out of that company, that sounds like a company that needs to be reported to the FTC or something. That's awful. I'm sorry that happened.

Hello all. I'm getting my hair cut today. I think I will do something slightly different. It's hard to do drastic changes because my hair is short. At 6, we are going to another concert in the park. This one is a funk band, it should be fun! We are bringing pizza this time.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 228 Member
    @19shmoo69 I know people with weird names, so I didn't even bat an eye at the name Mago. :D I'm glad he is doing better.

@Katmary71 Wow, that is terrible about that salesman bullying your dad! I'm glad you were there with him to keep him from doing something he would really regret. Will you file a complaint? Elder abuse is so disgusting! And for that much money, you can pay someone to clean your gutters every year. :/

@trooworld, That is disappointing that you still don't have answers concerning your surgery. Hopefully soon! You will have to show us a picture of your new haircut. :)

Good morning! We stayed up way too late last night watching TV, and I'm going to be dragging today. There were some beers and snacks involved. I'm owning it and plan to be back on my plan today. I don't know if I mentioned it, but Joe's scan was great and shows no sign of cancer. That is always a relief. Have a good day! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @TeresaW2024 - I am so glad to hear that Joe's scan is clear!
    -Mica
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 854 Member
    Username: Lislisa123
    Weigh-in day: Fridays
    PW: 319.6lbs
    CW: 317.6lbs
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 24 Member
    Maryirisfroehlich

Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW: 207.9
    CW: 207.9
  • 19shmoo69
    edited July 19
    Turns out I missed Thursday. So here's the Ice Breaker Question.

What is the best gift you've ever received. Before we get all religious, lovey dovey or parental I will define gift. Gift is a present. Similar to but not limited to birthday, Christmas, etc....

Mine happened to be a Christmas gift(s). My whole family, I was 16, decided to give me a Twisted Sister Christmas. Every present I got was a Twisted Sister. Cassettes, posters, framed pictures. All kinds of things.
    Another was a surprise 40th birthday party. The gift was sandwiches. Oh how I liked them. Oh how I miss them.
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW FROM THE FOLLOWING
    : @askewcr @Cornanda @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
    Reminder to Weigh In tomorrow to the Following: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @annachangesagain
This discussion has been closed.