Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,223 Member
    Good morning Team Mission Slimpossible, it's been so long it seems. I survived camp. I would type more but I'm so tired. Have a blessed day.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,882 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain
    Reminder to Weigh In Tomorrow: @FushiaKat @TeresaW2024
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld That was very nice of you to visit your friend, I'm sure it made her day. The donut shop sounds fun, I feel the same about donuts but it would still be hard not to keep them, your neighbors lucked out! That game sounds fun, it reminds me of some of the cool ones @FushiaKat plays where she creates elaborate rooms or gardens.

@megnolia82 I hope your daughter has a great time, sounds fun! I hope your son is feeling better soon.

GO MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES IN FIRST PLACE FOR THE SECOND WEEK OF JULY, WOOHOO! @vegan4lyfe2012 @bethanie0825 @19shmoo69 Way to go on leading the pack this week!

@19shmoo69 Great to see you back!

@laurelfit57 Have a wonderful time celebrating your grandkids birthday! Is it just the one granddaughter or other ones too?

@TeresaW2024 Hope the scan goes well today, have fun with the bestie!

@txcritter69 I can't imagine how much you're looking forward to seeing Diesel, way to go on avoiding a binge! Have a great night with him, I'm watching the video now.

Hi friends! I met with the nutritionist earlier, she gave me an award and an EMF-protection necklace which was super sweet of her. She had something for my roommate and he just headed down to see her, she has a stone necklace for him which I think he'll love, it will mean a lot to him. I'm going to a class tonight at the place I'll start working at soon. Weekend was crazy, my aunt was discharged yesterday and is resting for the flight home. There's a chance she DOESN'T have cancer she'll have to get the biopsy to know, meanwhile she's told everyone and people have been flipping out, seems like they shouldn't say you have something if they aren't sure! I have 2 scoops left of ice cream from yesterday then I need to break my ice cream eating, I at least mostly had light ice cream but I can't be having dessert every night! Have a great night and awesome Tuesday!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    Username:AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 213.1
    CW: 212.2
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Congratulations @vegan4lyfe2012 @bethanie0825 and @19shmoo69! WOOHOO!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,358 Member
    edited July 16
    bt3yk2rdj6k3.png
    DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is one decision you can make today that works towards your goals?
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 I hope Joe's scan went well and you had a good time with your BFF!

@txcritter69 Yay for sticking to your plan and double yay for Diesel coming home!!! Great job not binging. I can't wait to hear how your reunion went.

@19shmoo69 Welcome back!

@Katmary71 She was happy we visited (I went with a work friend). Yeah, my neighbors were happy lol. Yes, the game is fun! That was nice of the nutritionist. Tell us about the place you are going to be working at. Well, that's good your aunt might not have cancer (fingers crossed).

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is one decision you can make today that works towards your goals? I can set a timer to get UP from my chair at work every hour. I've been far too sedentary!

Hi all. My morning yesterday was crappy: I was late taking a shower before work which made me frazzled and late so I forgot my work laptop at home. I didn't realize it until I got to work. I work 45-60 minutes away from home so I couldn't go back and get it. I sat at the reference desk but couldn't concentrate and couldn't do much and was in such a bad mood. I got permission from my manager to go home at lunchtime and work from home. Things got better when I got home. I hope today is better!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 211 Member
    @Katmary71 That was nice of your nutritionist to give you an award and protection nectace. I’m praying your aunt’s biopsy will show NO cancer! I sat between Joe and my sister yesterday as they ate a yummy Drumstick ice cream while I ate a little 20 cal. Popsicle. It was fine, just fine! :D Oh, don’t forget that I’m on support for the foreseeable future and won’t be weighing in. ;)

@trooworld Uggh, forgetting your laptop when you work so far away would be so annoying. I’m glad your manager let you go home and work. We will find out tomorrow about Joe. I’m sure it will be all good. It better be!! :)

Good morning! I have another busy day. I need to meet pest control at the church and do my office work. Then I get to go to the bank because the church’s account has been hacked again! I’m going to close out the account and open a new one. This is a huge hassle and expensive because I just ordered checks for the church and will need new ones ASAP. Pastor called me yesterday and wants me to assemble a facility use form, which must be created from scratch. He also wants me to put together a list of our members and the areas they serve. Ohhhh joy!! I’m skipping my workout so I can get ready and get out of the house. Y’all have a good day! :)

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is one decision you can make today that works towards your goals?

I can decide that even though my normal routine has changed today and I have to make adjustments, I can continue doing what I can do. That means NO snacking even though I’m stressed out! :D
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,480 Member
    I can make sure that I check off all the boxes on my daily task list!
    -Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    I can choose to not snack. I can choose to move more than I do. I can drink water even when I'm not thirsty.
  • 19shmoo69
    edited July 16
    I just read a MFP Blog about 2024 updates. There's was a part where it said I can share my logging and tracking. Outside of this group who am I to share it with? SMH
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 533 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 28 of 52

PW: 137.6
    CW: 137.2

My leg is healing up nicely, no more pain but it's going to scar. Now I will have to explain how I got Tiger Stripes down the front of my left leg. The Plum trees are ready and omg are they tasty. I'm excited for my lunch date on Saturday, I found the Valey parking today, so I'll be good. It took me an hour to get there so I will allow an hour and a half. It's really hot here but I'm staying cool inside. I hope everybody is taking care of themselves in this heat.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 396 Member
    littlebabekitty

Weigh in Day: Sunday 

SW:220

PW: 195

CW: 194.2

-.8 lb

• Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the Following: @DrewsAnna

@TeresaW2024 I wasn't sure what you had decided on being moved but agree that does sound best for now, I just asked to have you moved to support team so you're all set!
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld Thank you thank you for posting a question! Last night I was going to do it after my bath then woke up this morning and realized I'd forgotten but you'd covered me, thank you! Walking sounds like a great plan, are you still doing awesome with water? Oh no forgetting your computer really stinks I'm sorry! Leaving early would help my mood too!

What is One Decision You Can Make Today That works Toward your goals? To stop eating ice cream and get back on track!

@TeresaW2024 I requested to have you moved. Way to go on sticking to the 20 calorie popsicle!
    Thank you I hope so too! The nutritionist is a sweetheart, the sad part about my last situation is those of us who were really trying to make things work all got taken advantage of. Oh no that's awful the church account was hacked! Good luck getting everything taken care of that sounds awful.

@micaroo4 I like checking off lists too!

@19shmoo69 You got this! Hm I haven't seen that blog article so I'm not really sure how to do so either as they took all that away.

@FushiaKat Yum enjoy the plums they sound so good! Have a wonderful lunch date!

@littlebabekitty Wonderful to see you, you're doing great!

Hi team! Huge SHOUTOUT and Thank You To @trooworld , I forgot the question last night! I worked out this morning then went to the farm, we got a lot of canteloupe and winter squash planted. I was so tired I came home and fell asleep for an hour! Farm camp is going the rest of the week so I think we're taking it off. The owner of the boutique invited the nutritionist to a class who invited me, I ended up crashing a women's Bible study last night but it was fun so I may keep on going. I'm trying to get caught up on charity stuff I'd fallen behind on, I'm taking a sign to be posted at the location we're having the salsa cook-off next month and aside of that I need to get caught up on the work I do for my brother. Have a great night and awesome Wednesday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 17
    @txcritter69 it looks like you have an amazing trainer for Diesel! How was his first night home?

@Katmary71 it was just my granddaughter. I just have one grandson and one granddaughter, when their birthday is coming up we spend a day together doing things that they choose.
    Your nutritionist sounds amazing! What kind of place are you going to start working at? Good news about your aunt that would be so wonderful if she did not have cancer. YUM ice cream lol!

@trooworld It is so hard when you start a day like that! I would not have been happy at all either if I was you. I'm glad things improved once she got home

@TeresaW2024 that is crazy that their account has been hacked again! It sounds like you have an extremely busy time ahead of you.

It was a great day yesterday, I started out with taking my dogs to a private dog park for an hour. It was just Ty, Vannie and me in this lovely wooded area that was all fenced in, it was like a private forest.
    Then my granddaughter chose a play place to go for her birthday day out, there were lots of games to play as well as equipment to play on. My granddaughter won 500 tickets so she was super excited! She was able to get tons of prizes with that. After Paisley left at lunchtime I took Vannie for an agility practice. The temperature has gone back up here, so it will be 6 AM walks once again this week. Hope everybody had a great Tuesday!

oryfbq7ojhd9.jpeg
    h8091v7ex4rv.jpeg
    isnunhaa5ph3.jpeg
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 211 Member

@txcritter69 I know you are excited to get Diesel home! I can’t wait to hear how his training works now that he is home with you. :)

@Katmary71 You are so busy! :) I miss women’s Bible study and many of the ladies who have left the church for various reasons. I would love to lead a women’s study, but right now, with Joe, that would be too difficult. Maybe someday. :)

@laurelfit57 Whoa, I would be excited, too, if I won 500 tickets. How awesome that it was on her birthday. That pic of Ty and Vannie looks like they just shared a very funny joke. I love them! :D

Good morning! It’s a long story with the bank, but there seemed to be a glitch with the service we pay a lot for to keep us from experiencing fraud. It is hopefully fixed, and at this time, I don’t have to close out the account, but I will keep my eye on it. :/ I will do a quick workout this morning and then take Joe to see his oncologist to get the results of his CT scan. Tonight, I have a staff meeting. We haven’t had one in such a long time, and I’m just hoping it doesn’t go too late. I’m still unsure if I will bring Joe or leave him home with my sister. He is fine if he doesn’t decide to get up and do stuff. Just stay put, Joe!! :#
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 It was so annoying and just put me in the worst mood and when you are in a bad mood, it's so hard to deal with patrons lol. Thinking good thoughts for Joe! What a hassle that the account got hacked, ugh! I'm sorry that happened. Do you know what is going on/how it is happening? Man, that new pastor is definitely keeping you on your toes, isn't he? Oh it's so easy to snack when you are stressed. Stay strong, Teresa! Oh, I just read about the glitch ugh. I hope Joe stays put.

@19shmoo69 I had to use that feature when I was seeing a dietician, I had to share my logging and tracking. I can't see a use for it other than that!

@littlebabekitty Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I don't mind doing it, you do all the spreadsheet stuff, so if you want me to handle the questions, I am fine with it! Of course, you may think it's fun and want to do it every other week and I'm fine with that, too, just let me know! :D I am doing awesome with water although yesterday, I only drank 49 oz of water because I was so busy. Sounds like you needed that sleep, you sound busy!

@laurelfit57 Yes!!! I was in such a foul mood lol. For the sake of every other library employee, I needed to go home lol. Did you take the pups to a Sniffspot? I don't know if you have those where you live, but down here in Southern California, you can rent someone's backyard to bring your dogs to play in. Some people have pools for the dogs, etc. I want to go but my husband said it's a waste of money. Boo on him. Wow, your lucky granddaughter! How fun. The pups look very happy. What a great place to take them!

Hi all. Yesterday was a much better day although I was on my feet practically the whole day thanks to tasks I had to do. I was very tired when I got home. Luckily, I didn't have to cook it was my husband's turn to cook. He made air-fried pork tenderloin with BBQ sauce, buttered noodles, and roasted broccoli. It was good. I think this morning will be my once-a-week treat from the cafe at work: I will get a scramble (or maybe I'll make one here at home!). I've been eating Greek yogurt, berries, and bananas for months now and am getting sick of it!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,193 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 7/14
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 200.0

Ugh. Blaming hospital food & stress eating.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,193 Member
    I tried reading the previous posts, but it's just too much to go back all last week. Oliver is doing so much better and we got to take him home last Thursday evening. He doesn't like the taste of the medicine, but at every 12 hours for the next 2 years, I'm sure he'll get used to it. We're hoping this is the kind of epilepsy that he'll grow out of. Thank you for all the prayers! Here's Oliver in the PICU and then the day after he got to leave. Amazing difference!
    78aw8a44cel1.jpg

I have to be truthful now. My eating has been atrocious. No good choices at the hospital and way too much snacky-style foods. Then when I got back home for the weekend, I just stress relief ate too much...we're talking Incogmeato (fake chik strips), vegan ranch (not the low cal kind I make, but Hidden Valley), Takis, cookies and candy. Just on and on. I finally am back on the WW points counting wagon. At first I was going to say "screw it" until Sunday for the start of a new week, but then said, "No! I'm starting now!" I just ate a fresh peach and chopped veggies and have an easy bean & veg soup simmering for my lunch. Yes, it's super hot outside, but I'm staying inside, so soup it is!

Side note to my horror movie lovers - I needed "me" time the past couple days to destress, so I watched 3 movies (first time ever of going to the movies by myself...yes, I survived).
    Monday I watched A Quiet Place: Day One. It was ok. Definitely like the first one the most. This one kinda reminded me of Cloverfield.
    Yesterday was a double feature. First was Longlegs. So slow and dumb. And Nicolas Cage looked like Marilyn Manson. Second was MaXXXine. Liked it a LOT more. Great 80s vibe. Just didn't like the "reveal" of the serial killer at the end. Went off the rails. I definitely liked the first 2 movies better.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday. Stay hydrated!
This discussion has been closed.