Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 398 Member
    I apologize for late weighin. Going through some stuff.

littlebabekitty

Weigh in Day: Sunday 

SW:220

PW: 195.6

CW: 195

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,924 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW:
    @AyaTheTyga @rjv230 @bark2j5
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the Following: @Cornanda
  • Katmary71
    @littlebabekitty sending good thoughts your way, hope things are looking up soon.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'll continue praying for all of you and especially for Oliver!

@laurelfit57 You have the most beautiful pups they always look very happy. I always love lots of pictures please don't apologize for that! Early walks sound smart, I haven't owned a dog since I lived here but I'd have to do that too.

@TeresaW2024 Love reading you being super motivated, that's awesome and very inspiring to me!

Just realized my post never posted yesterday, shoot! I'm going to see if it's still on my laptop but am running by my brother's in a few. Talk about thrown off! Have a migraine today, aside of getting my last weekly allergy shot the day has been harvesting dill seeds. Have a great night!
  • Katmary71
    Found yesterday's post!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Saying prayers for baby Oliver, your family, and his medical team. Keep us updated I'll be thinking of you all.

@DrewsAnna Haha that made me laugh about how you're feeling your whole body! I did an ab challenge last month that ended with 100-200 reps for 4 things at the end of the month and I definitely felt and saw a difference! That IS exciting to hear about your Zumba instructor, twice a week is perfect. Did you find the Chinese food wasn't as good or was it just not worth it? That's happened to me a lot especially after elimination diets where I remember something as being way better than it was and would be disappointed.

@AmbersWay I want you to stick around, no taking a break! One option is being on the support team where you wouldn't have to weigh in for a couple months if that would help but it's totally up to you. I stayed on the team gaining half my weight back and (I think) no one hated me (at least publicly) for it. Think on it and let me know but I absolutely don't want you leaving. Where do you stand with your health now? I hope you're feeling better soon! I also hope you realize how strong you're being hanging in here and continuing to post and show up and be part of the team despite not feeling well.

@TeresaW2024 I'm planning to save some dill seed for replanting, I haven't ever made pickles but a woman who volunteers at the farm used dill seeds last year for English pickles which is why I was thinking of trying them that way. Funny I don't care for celery so I'm not sure on how you use celery seeds but DO use fennel seeds. Does Maggie relax with you like if you're reading a book or watching a movie will she hang out with you? Asher's great at that, if I tell him I'm taking a nap he runs back and jumps on the bed. He'd like nothing more than having me home relaxing all the time. I hope Maggie behaves while you're gone and Walmart isn't too crowded!

@trooworld I think the different body signals could be hunger or seem like it from what you were saying how you were real hungry. I had blood work I had to fast for this morning and normally have coffee and vitamin drinks and stupidly grabbed Trader Joe's honey wheat pretzels and ate half the bag on the way home and I normally don't eat before 11 so I couldn't have been as starving as I thought just from not having 200 calories of drinks! I do sometimes get it in my head that I don't get to eat any treats and will rebel sometimes. Hopefully the fungal infection didn't cause too much damage and the fruit will still be fine. I just finished watching the Amy Winehouse story on Peacock and Purple Rain came on, remember how exciting it was when this movie came out?!

@FushiaKat Oh my goodness that sounds like an awful fall, I'm glad you're feeling better today but it will take awhile to bounce back from. It's scary how much a fall can cause issues now that I'm older.. Caramel sounds like a pretty hair color. If it's gray it does get more coarse (mine's frizzy being gray now too). Where are you at with the summer fruit? I stopped for cherries and berries at Raley's ($1.99). I ate so many strawberries I'm kind of sick of them right now. I have a cut up watermelon in the fridge too. My body isn't happy when I have a lot of sugar even from fruit so I probably won't get anymore watermelon.

Hi team! I had my blood test this morning and made the mistake of grabbing a bag of honey wheat pretzels I ate half of on the way home from the store. I'm just now having some coffee. Blood test wasn't too bad, I've been waiting to get it done before deciding on using the next round of steroids or not. Tonight's a board meeting. Have a great Wednesday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What's your dream vacation? Assume that all expenses are paid, you can take as many people as you want, go anywhere in the world that you'd like, for as long as you'd like!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 228 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Ohh my goodness, poor Oliver! You all will remain in my prayers. <3

@AmbersWay I’m glad you had a good time getting away. The pictures are beautiful. Do continue to be gentle with yourself. :)

@DrewsAnna, Congrats on your loss! And good job on not going on a binge. Paying attention really is the answer to stop us from eating before we think. :)

Good morning! Just another day at home, staying cool and watching my poor grumpy girl. She is so sad that she can’t look out the window, jump on the sofa, or run and chase lizards in the backyard. She spends much of her time under the dining room table sulking and growling. It’s hard because I can’t explain it to her, so I think she feels punished. :'( I started the second phase of my weightlifting program yesterday, and right now, my upper body is dying! I will do lower body today so tomorrow I can really complain about the pain. :D Have a good day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,429 Member
    @txcritter69 Looks like Diesel is doing well with the downs and staying, even with that chihuahua barking in the background! I bet things will be different when he gets home than what he was like before the 3 weeks. It sounds like it will require a lot of work and consistency on you and John's part, too. You got this!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm sure this is hard on all of you. I'm so very sorry. I'm glad they figured out what is going on and I hope the Keppra helps. Big hugs.

@AmbersWay I'm glad you decided to not pause and that the trip was a good reset for you. Where was this trip? I don't remember where you went to, but it looks beautiful!

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! That's good it will be cooler. Enjoy your day.

@littlebabekitty Congrats on the loss. Are you okay?

@Katmary71 I'm sorry you had a migraine, I had one too gosh. Yeah maybe it was hunger. Sorry about the pretzels. You were probably starving! Yeah the fruit looks fine (and I had a couple in a salad--- we rinsed it off well with soap and water first). Oh gosh, Purple Rain, I still get excited when it comes on! :D How's your head today?

@Cornanda No, no intermittent fasting. That's good you aren't walking the pups over 80F, I think that's smart. It sounds like you are doing the right things (which I totally anticipated!). Yeah, the fair thing, I really regretted not getting my precious sausage sandwich! LOL Ugh, 102??? That's insane! Yeah, I see people walking their dogs on the sidewalk in hot weather here and I just want to scream at them out my window, "PUT YOUR HAND ON THE GROUND. IS IT TOO HOT? THEN DON'T WALK YOUR DOGS!!!" but I never do lol. No, you are not being a wuss, you are being a good dog owner! Hopefully the pups figure out the pool is fun and they get in. Good call about the thirst. That's a funny pic of the dogs, they either look like they are conspiring or telling each other jokes! LOL That's a framable pic of Ty!

@TeresaW2024 Awww, poor Maggie! Hang in there, girl, it's not for that much longer! (Is it?) Great job with your new program!

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What's your dream vacation? I would LOVE to go to Italy! I would explore the countryside, drink wine and eat lots of pasta and pizza (because calories wouldn't count either, right???) and go all over. :D

Hi all. I ended up taking migraine medication yesterday which helped a lot but not totally and it made me nauseous. The headache wiped me out and I felt weak and had an upset stomach all day, and I was tired. I hope today is better.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 854 Member
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What's your dream vacation?

Probably Italy or Switzerland. I always wanted to go to Italy, and Switzerland looks so clean and beautiful.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 356 Member
    Good morning everyone,

I did my cardio & strength workouts yesterday and then I binged a little last night. I hope anxiety won't get the best of me and I'll make it to the dance fit class this evening.

This morning I was actually cool enough that I had to wear my bathrobe. It was nice... It was time I had some cool fresh air.

I had 2 adult feral cats and 4 kittens. I seam to have only 1 adult cat now. It's driving me crazy that I don't know what happened to the rest. However, I know it's for the best. The one that's left has been fixed and I'm trying to help him become more domesticated. I don't know if i can, but I know that he loves to be loved.

Anyways, that's really all I've got for now, y'all have a great day 😀 😊 😄
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 312 Member
    @Katmary71 I hope your migraine has passed. Thank you for the kind words. I feel bad for not being on track the way I should. I also just have been so up and down with my health. I’m feeling much better. I really am happy we went to the mountains. I was able to just rest. I feel refreshed.

@trooworld, I am back in Turkey. We took a trip to the mountains, so it was pool time and bbq. None of which required any work from me. So I sunbathed and watched clouds float by. Oh and listened to the neighborhood rooster. Yikes you had a migraine too. I hope you feel better.

@TeresaW2024 aww I feel sad for your lil friend. I know when my puppy (her name) had an ear infection she was so upset and not happy with med time. I would talk and talk. I swear she rolled her eyes at me.

@laurelfit57 love the conspiring doggie pic.

@micaroo4

Dream Vacation

Scotland, I want cold and rainy. Warm winter coats and and fluffy scarves. My wellies and gloves. Hot drinks and soup.

Or possibly snow covered mountains, more winter clothes and hot chocolate.

Fall anywhere that is covered in trees with winding roads and fun sports car.

Notice I don’t dream of hot and sunny. 😂 I grew up in the north, fall and winter were my favorite times.

Well I woke 1.6 lbs down today. Finally broke the plateau. Now to keep it going hopefully. Logging, steps and low carb was pretty good today too.

Have a lovely evening.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 854 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Thursday evening here. My son (9) came home From camp on Sunday very sick so I have had a pretty low-key week. He’s got Juvenile Arthritis so his immune system really goes bonkers when he gets a virus. This just seems to be upper respiratory but it hits him 10x harder than anyone else in the house. I’ve been quite lazy with my diet. I will say that I overdid it with sugar the last couple weeks so a few days ago I decided to stop the insanity and quit chowing down on fudge before bed. My stomach was going crazy every morning. Since making a conscious effort to cut back on sugar I’m feeling much better.

Now I really need to get back to my good habits and away from the all-day snacking. Being on summer holidays is lovely in many ways but I do better with routine and I have to force myself to get back into them!
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @bark2j5 bark2j5 @askewcr
    Reminder to Weigh In Tomorrow to The Following: @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroehlich @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
  • Katmary71
    @laurelfit57 One thing we can say about our group is we all love the heck out of our animals! I have cat toys and stuff everywhere, when my brother's cat was here I actually heard one of the many untouched scratching pads being used for a change! Oh yuck the heat lately has been so bad, last time I looked up the temp it was 111, I'm losing a lot of plants with this never-ending heatwave. I love that photo of the pups mind-melding, they HAVE to be having a secret plotting conversation!

DREAM VACATION- Funny I just had a friend who moved to New Zealand send me a way to win a plane ticket which would be AMAZING but I've kind of stopped dreaming of traveling as I've physically worsened. I love exploring places and not just the touristy stuff so somewhere like New Zealand doing outdoorsy adventures would be perfect. I do like doing things like going on cruises but am not a big fan of crowds. I'd definitely want family and friends with me and minimal phone use so we can enjoy each other.

@TeresaW2024 Poor Maggie is she tall enough to look out the car window or would she have to stand? I was thinking that would be a way for her to get some mental stimulation but she couldn't be jumping around or standing. What about dog tv? https://youtu.be/UexQqpvdOLI?si=oGosrJTzMYcF784V Oh no hope you aren't too sore when you read this! Jasper heard the birds and ran over to me to check out the computer I need to close it fast!

@trooworld Oh no we're double-whammied with migraines! It's still going, I'm hoping tomorrow will be easier. I want all the things I'm not supposed to eat too of course. Ice packs on the back of my head help a little but it's distracting more than anything else as it comes right back. How are you doing, feeling better? I think I want to go on YOUR vacation with you! Ugh I hope today is better for you too! This is the worst migraine I've had in a long time, my steroid pack riled up my hormones enough I seem to be getting slammed right now.

@DrewsAnna Oh no did all the cats disappear at once? That's so hard, I know with the outdoor ones it's difficult to wonder if you're doing the right thing with them. I had a family of ferals I was feeding and had two spayed, their Mom and brother were also outside and were very feral but the two girls warmed up to me and would come in at night. One was killed by a coyote and the other was around for another year then disappeared and I was heartbroken. I always wonder if I should've kept them inside but it seemed worse to take them from their family and have them not be able to go to them and see them through the windows and door. I hope you ARE able to get the last one domesticated or at least give him what love you can. You DID and DO make a big difference in their lives!

@AmbersWay The mountains sounded like just what you needed. A friend of mine just got back from Scotland, she went alone and had the best time!

@megnolia82 Your poor son I hope he's feeling better soon! I'm so glad stopping the fudge is helping your stomach. I haven't been the best with diet either I need to follow your lead.

Hi team! Another day with a migraine and nausea, hopefully this will pass fast I was hoping to hit menopause! Not fair to not have relief from the steroids and have all this hormonal garbage. I am relieved to know why my vision was weird before this started and I was a little worried about why I couldn't see. I finished one bag of harvesting dill seeds from the farm and have another bag to go, I started board meeting minutes but haven't finished. Oh the person in the lot behind me hired the same idiot who started a fire in the overgrown lot and burned down my fence last year and he came back to mow 6ft tall weeds with a gas mower and had cans of gas everywhere and chose 4PM when it was 108 to try this with a female friend who stood there smoking. He DID start a fire he managed to stomp out and the fire department came out again. The neighbors who all had damage last year are on a text thread with him and one is documenting everything, I sent all the info to my HOA as below my lot is community property. Pretty disgusted, I wanted to meet with all the neighbors but the idiot to take this to the fire department but am waiting to see what happens (hopefully not a third fire).
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 356 Member
    I made it to class! I was greeted by a couple faces I knew. It was a Zumba class, I don't know why they call it dance fit now. I enjoyed it so much. I sweated and sweated some more and it was so much fun. Woot woot, yeah, I am so excited for next Tuesday. 😃💃💪🙌

iughct0dbzm5.jpg

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,060 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 178.5
    CW: 177

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,060 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I'm so sorry about Oliver's seizures. How frightening

@Katmary71 - I hope you a feeling better soon, it seems you have been feeling yucky for quite some time and that's no fun. How frustrating about the fire.

@DrewsAnna - :( about the cats. :) about Zumba class

@AmbersWay - nice to see you here!

@megnolia82 - hope your son feels better quick

I had a nice loss this week, but since I gained 3 pounds last week, it's a FAKE loss, but that's OK. Headed in the right direction.

Ice breaker question- I hope that some day I can take a vacation with extended family- where everyone stays in a place where we can hang out and play games, and there's plenty of activities to do as well. Just have fun and enjoy each other's company.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,429 Member
    @DrewsAnna That's too bad about the binge. Do you know what set it off? I'm sorry about the kitties. Yay for making it to class! I'm glad you liked it.

@AmbersWay That sounds fabulous! We have a rooster or two in our urban neighborhood and I always like to hear them crow in the morning when I walk my dogs. Yup, another migraine. Thanks, it's a bit better. Congrats on the loss! I love the fall, it's my favorite time of year.

@Katmary71 That sounds like a relaxing vacation. Violet loves dog tv, Daisy doesn't care about it lol. I'm sorry you still have yours. Mine is threatening to come back, I have a low-grade headache right now and a lot of tension/pressure in my head and shoulders. Wouldn't that vacation be fun? I hope your migraine is gone today. Do you have migraine medication? I don't like to do the ice pack thing as it is too jarring. My migraines didn't stop when I hit menopause, if anything they got worse (although I've heard some women's do get better). I don't get the auras with my migraines, those sound horrible. That guy should not be doing landscape work!

@Cornanda congrats on the loss! That's nice that your dream vacation is with family. <3

Hi all. I had a better day yesterday until I tried to go to bed: I couldn't fall asleep and I didn't stay asleep. I slept 4 hours, according to my watch. I predict a nap in my day lol. I probably couldn't sleep because I have a lot of anxiety about going to the dermatologist today: I have an ugly mole that I need checked out and I'm really worried about it.

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank adequate water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 228 Member

@laurelfit57 I love that pic of Ty and Vannie!! They do look like they are in a deep conversation about something. :)

@DrewsAnna, Good luck with domesticating the cat. It would make me crazy, too, not knowing what happened to the other cat and kittens. Hopefully, they are somewhere being taken care of. Yay for making the Zumba class and having such a good time! :)

@AmbersWay I think I’ve seen a few eye rolls from Maggie, too! :D We have the same idea on a dream vacation. I don’t want it to be hot and sunny either! :)

@Katmary71 I’m so sorry that you are still suffering from a migraine. Do you think it’s heat or medication-related? Oh my goodness, that stupid man is mowing the grass. He should definitely be reported! HaHa that dog tv is hilarious! We call squirrels Little *kitten* around here. I’m going to show her this video later and see what she does. I will report back! :D She wouldn’t want to do a car ride. Whenever we go somewhere, she is scared of big trucks and gets excited only when she sees we are almost home.

@Cornanda always celebrated a loss and let go of the gains. ;) Your vacation sounds wonderful!

@trooworld Ugh on only getting 4 hours of sleep. You will definitely need a nap. I hope all goes well at the dermatologist and that the mole won’t be anything to worry about. :)

Good morning! It's just another day around here. I will do my workout, work on my puzzle, and listen to more podcasts from Diligent Mind. I am obsessed, which is a good thing, and I really do feel my mindset is shifting. Last night, my sister sat with us as we watched TV, and twice, she got up to get a snack, and it didn’t even phase me other than noticing that I didn’t care. That was a good feeling! I saw this James Clear quote this morning: "The first minute of action is worth more than a year of perfect planning." I love this!

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What's your dream vacation? It’s hard to choose a place because there are so many places I would want to visit. I would choose a European world tour! I want to see all the beauty, visit castles, talk to locals, and eat all the food. The calories will be free! We have decided that. :D
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 24 Member
    Maryirisfroehlich

Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW: 209.5
    CW: 207.9
This discussion has been closed.