Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Good morning Slims
    I had a very productive day yesterday. I'm on vacation next week, so I've still got a lot of work to finish by the end of the day on Thursday. If no one adds something new to my workload between now and then, I might just get it all done.
    It's raining here today, and cool. Today is my day off. I heard the rain on the roof, and I slept in a bit. Probably indoor workouts today. I will still go outside walking, and try to make my steps.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    rhaoqnenfbdo.png
    TUESDAY DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is something you do well in relation to your health journey?
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 Yes! When I printed it out, the ingredients list was one full page and the instructions were two pages! I rarely make this complicated of a recipe but I saw this video on YouTube and had to try it. I probably won't make it again unless for a very special occasion, although it was DELICIOUS! A 10/10 for sure. LOL I love a good sandwich! I hope it doesn't rain too badly. Poor Maggie, I hope the vet cleared her to be more active. Does she still play with toys?

@vegan4lyfe2012 It's doing pretty good as long as I take my medicine. I forgot one night and my knee was bothering me a little the next day. I should have put some music on when making that recipe but you know what? I don't even think I had an audiobook on! I usually cook with at least an audiobook. Oh wait, I called a friend and we walked for the first 20 mins of cooking. So, I did entertain myself somehow lol. It is NOT possible to gain 8.4 lbs in a week, something is definitely up! What's up with your motivation? Are you depressed right now? Amelia Kay is a beautiful name and congrats again! I love ripe peaches.

@19shmoo69 Emo eating happens. Good to not beat yourself up and just get back in the saddle. You got this!

@AmbersWay Congrats on the loss!

TUESDAY DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is something you do well in relation to your health journey? For me, I do well with a couple of things: I meal plan and pretty much stick to that plan. I also do pretty well with tracking, not perfect but pretty well.

Hi all. I'm doing okay here. Nothing much to report. It feels like it should be Friday already but no, just Tuesday. :P Have a good day.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Good morning,
    Congrats to all the losers for July! Well done each one of y'all deserve a pat on the back.

I am sorry that I am quiet but just real busy lately in the morning. We are now in the hell month here in Tx. so the only time I have to be outside is in the morning. We always pick the hottest month to do outdoor projects and this time John decided to extend the patio so the hot tub would be out of the grass. As you can see in the first pic it is sitting just of the patio.hr4382ni25tm.jpg
    s4vpj8gvs55q.jpg
    idu6t0sif1dq.jpg
    1h32x6pzu9ep.jpg
    We are heading back out this morning to pick up more flat rocks so I have to cut this short.
    Will catch up later with everyone.
    Have a great day!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Whew! I thought I had emotional eating under control. Nope! I dint! 1000 calories over. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It tasted good. Now to sip on electrolyte water.

I hope it’s ok if I post. I’m not currently on the team and can’t rejoin until September as I decided not to weigh in for the summer hoping to see a nice loss at the end.

@19shmoo69 i thought of you this morning when I went to write in my food journal. I love the saying on the front
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @Jactop looking forward September!!! Nice!!!!
    Tuesday question
    I'm good at not giving up after I've given up.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow @DrewsAnna

Wow wtg everyone is caught up wtg!
  • Katmary71
    @FushiaKat I hope the dental work goes well, thinking of you!

@littlebabekitty Hope you're feeling better soon, yikes that infection sounds scary. Don't sweat the weigh you've had a lot going on and will get it off.

@Jactop Are you sure you can't join now? I think you can if you're weighing in as you're a returning member but am not sure if you're not weighing in, I'm willing to ask for you but it's up to you.

@AmbersWay congratulations!

@19shmoo69 Shoot I'm sorry to hear you don't have it under control, glad you're just moving on and not wasting time beating yourself up.

Hi team sorry for not posting much the last few days, I thought I was going to get everything caught up today but aside of answering here I didn't get much done. We're having a big issue with the charity that seems like it came out of nowhere today but has been building up, I'm trying to give it 24 hours to iron out but my first thought was to resign. Trying to fit in a bath before bed so I'll catch you all tomorrow, have a great Wednesday!

Eating clean- aside of sourdough bread I did good today, yay! How about everyone else?
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 319 Member
    Congratulations to our group, those who made the board, had a loss and those who keep showing up. 🎉

@vegan4lyfe2012 I had a gain like that and it seemed to be sodium related (water weigh) I drank a bunch of water and kept on plan and it came off. Aww another sweet grand baby, congratulations.

@micaroo4 sorry about your fair experience. I tell you, if I feel unwell I power through for the others or go take a seat and people watch while they enjoy the sites. Hopefully your next ones will be fun.

@Katmary71 sorry to be late, not sure where my post went. I am sorry that the charity is going through something. I hope it works out. I enjoy your posts about your work with them.

@TeresaW2024 i hope maggies appointment goes well. Poor lil pooch needs to have fun. 🥰

@txcritter69 i think I put things off until better weather and the. Forget by then. You may be doing things at just the right time. 😂

@littlebabekitty I hope you feel better soon. Glad they found it.

@Cornanda I hope you’re doing better and get back to your norm soon.

Sorry for the short catch up. It’s been busy here. I have been down with one thing or another most of the summer. Finally think I am about back to normal. Afraid to jinx it with a good thought. 😂

We’re back in the mountains again. I am not doing well with steps, honestly trying to relax with no plans. I have been great on calories. Grilled foods, mostly veggies.

The big kids are leaving in a few a couple days to go back and prep for uni classes to start again. It will be too quiet without them. Thankfully I have my lil sidekick who will get all the attention. She’s going to her sophmore year, so we’ll be school shopping all week. Pray for me and my bank. 🤪

Thanks to all of you here. I am so happy to have this group. I have been up and down and you all keep me going. 💐
  • trooworld
    @txcritter69 Wow, what a project to take on in the heat! Good luck!

@Jactop Hi! I love that saying. What a cool journal!

@littlebabekitty That sounds like it would be painful! I'm glad you are on the mend.

@FushiaKat Wow, that's hot! I hope the dental work goes well.

@Katmary71 Oh no, I hope the charity issue gets resolved. Good job with the clean eating!

@AmbersWay After a summer of being sick, you deserve some relaxation! I remember how much fun it was to go school shopping. Good luck! <3

Hi all. I am always pretty productive at work but yesterday, I was really productive all day lol. It felt good and the day went by quicker. I had the worst leg cramps in my calf last night. I slept horribly because it kept happening over and over. I hope it doesn't happen tonight.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

• Jactop
    edited August 7
    Katmary71 wrote: »

@Jactop Are you sure you can't join now? I think you can if you're weighing in as you're a returning member but am not sure if you're not weighing in, I'm willing to ask for you but it's up to you.

?
    I thought about it and I could join now if it’s allowed. If not I’ll still join in Sept.

Originally I decided to stop tracking my weight for a while because I was following a keto diet, exercising almost daily and the scale didn’t budge which was very discouraging. I started seeing some NSVs recently so hopefully my body has realized the current lifestyle changes are here to stay.

My last weigh in (June 24th) was 201.6

• Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to
    : @askewcr (go get it!)

Wooot woot another day with everyone caught up, you all are rockin it!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @DrewsAnna that is awful. I'm so glad you're safe. I would've had your sister call 911.
  • Jactop
    @Katmary71 I'm not sure if we’re on the same page. My post was probably a little confusing

If I’m on the team for Aug I will start weighing in like the rest of the team starting with the next Monday (my preferred day) with my starting weight being 201.6. If it’s too late in the month I will wait until September but still hang out until then
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Jactop wrote: »
    @Katmary71 I'm not sure if we’re on the same page. My post was probably a little confusing

If I’m on the team for Aug I will start weighing in like the rest of the team starting with the next Monday (my preferred day) with my starting weight being 201.6. If it’s too late in the month I will wait until September but still hang out until then

I've got you added back to the team! I put your weight as excused for this week and just start weighing in next Monday as requested 🙂
  • trooworld
    @txcritter69 Your answer to the discussion question: that is awesome, I really admire that! I'm sorry you've had a rough week. I hope this week is better. That's good Diesel's training is going well. I know it's a lot of work, so I commend you for doing it!

@TeresaW2024 Yes, definitely a special occasion dish! OH dear, poor little Maggie. I'm sorry the vet didn't clear her. 6 weeks, wow, well hopefully by then everything will be good. What you are saying is true for me, too, if I break a streak, I feel like I should just stop altogether! I'm not ready to stop tracking yet but interesting.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! re: hair...I don't know if this will help, but have you tried Biotin supplements? Also, I would ask your hairdresser is he or she has any tips about it. I'm sorry that's happening. Oh gosh, that would be scary! I'm glad you were on the phone with your sister. I live in the city and I walk my dogs in the morning before it gets light. I am always scared to do it. I bring a personal alarm but still, that is not going to help much. I'm glad you are okay. Maybe you should report that to the police?

@Katmary71 Thanks, I didn't have them last night so I think I'm good for now! Sounds like you had a busy day. I'm sorry about the charity, and I'm glad you are standing your ground.

@micaroo4 I hope you have a nice, relaxing vacation!

Hi all. Luckily, no cramps last night and I slept pretty well. I've got work today in the office. I'm going to wear jeans to work as I feel like relaxing a bit today. It's super humid here, in fact, yesterday it rained a bit. That is unusual as this is our dry season.

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 319 Member
    Howdy 🤠

I am back home from the mountains, got a sunburn in the shade, so much fresh air that I am wore out. Absolutely not complaining. Weighed myself and I am up 2ish lbs. I hope it drops off by Monday. I ate really well while away. Got in some mountain hiking yesterday. Up hill both ways. 😂

Just wanted to check in. I’ll do catch up when my I can scroll back and forth on this phone better. I am sleepy 🥱
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW: @askewcr
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow
    : Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroehlich @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
This discussion has been closed.