Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Sunday weigh in August 11, Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 210.4
    CW: 209.6

Hey, it’s in the right direction so I’ll take it.

I had an amazing week camping. Kayaked, hiked and swam every day. I’m bummed to be back home.

Wishing everyone a good week!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Aug 11
    SW 175
    PW 167.8
    CW 168
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    oort3uknuv54.png
    awry3qsl1anv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    a4sp1k06x6q7.png

By Pounds
    70jyzgtf9mrr.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    p6ube1zkik7j.png

By Pounds
    g6u2g20sx833.png
    1d5zjjgmzmm2.png

Team Winners
    af21plri2bk6.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    e0xzq2ulwjkj.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 598 Member
    @Katmary71 so sorry, I got my days mixed up. I forgot to wait myself this morning, I will post tomorrow for sure :-).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @19shmoo69 @littlebabekitty @laurelfit57
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop

@Laurelfit57 No worries tomorrow is fine.
  • annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 15 Member
    Username: annachangesagain
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Pw: 160.5
    CW: 160.5 lbs (72.8 kg)
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 319 Member
    WI Monday
    PW 212.3
    CW 212.3

Was hoping for a loss but happy that early week gain didn’t stick. I wonder about my scale, how it is exactly the same. Not complaining, moving along. My diet has been good. Steps are on track.

@micaroo4 I think writing a note to Earl would be just fine. 😂 My husband wouldn’t be surprised if I left notes for my girls. 😂

@TeresaW2024 ohhh online shopping. I have anxiety about it which is what saves my bank. The dread of returns, a possible scam has me paranoid. My friend does almost all her shopping online, sometimes I ask her to grab for me too. 😂

@Katmary71 I am happy that the charity is smoothing out. You seem busier than ever. I miss the festivals, but probably better or I would be having all the treats. Cherry and fig season was great this year. But no pies or tarts were made. Which is why I haven’t ballooned up. Lol🤪

@trooworld 4.5 hours of traffic is awful. I would have stayed home too. Is it a good scenic drive though?

@19shmoo69 for your question, if I understood correctly. This group has kept me going. It’s been a rock that I need. The amount of support is amazing. Plus you all are fun to interact with. It’s cozy around here. Everyone is always welcoming. The weekly questions are great too, we get to know each other better.

——

Well no new news from me. Busy deep cleaning and organizing before I leave for a month. Packing a bag, doing some light shopping for the youngest. Not much else.

Any recommendations for a treadmill?
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Good morning Slims!
    Just popping in to say hello 👋 Having fun on vacation. Yesterday I did manage to get my 15K step goal, but I'm not stressing if I don't make it. This week is all about relaxing.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 2nd place by pounds and 3rd place by percentage! A special shout out goes to @megnolia82 @DrewsAnna and @lislisa123 for leading the way!

@micaroo4 Congrats on your new badge!

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you had a good time camping.

@Katmary71 Yeah I think some cheese with a little more "oomph" would be better in it. Heirloom tomatoes, basil and feta sounds like an amazing combination! The drive did suck. I will definitely share some pics, it was really cool! I hope you got to read yesterday.

@AmbersWay The trip to LA is not really that scenic, it's a lot of strip malls and shopping centers with a little bit of dry brush and ocean. I wish it were more exciting! Good luck with treadmill shopping and cleaning and organizing.

Hi all. The wolf center was interesting. It's not a sanctuary but instead, is a "conservation center". They don't take in injured animals and rehab them, they raise pups and release them back into the wild. I learned that wolves are a "keystone species" in our environment. A Kestyone species means that other animals and plants within an ecosystem largely depend on the keystone species. If a keystone species is removed, the ecosystem will drastically change or even collapse. After the wolf center, I came home and ate and took a nap. Then I had to go out and get groceries, which was a hassle because it seemed like everyone else was doing the same thing.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

waup4g7ke0x0.jpg
    r9me65gnhtxk.jpg
    uvby3qeop8l0.jpg
    y2epf8mgobmc.jpg
  • txcritter69
    Good morning,
    It's great to see that everyone is doing well. Going to chime in on @19shmoo69 question I am glad I found this group when I did. My mornings start with reading how everyone is doing. Following along with each and everyone helps get me focused on my day. Here is a little something about me I don't have anyone that I can call my BFF or hang out with. Making friends is very hard for me as I have trust issues. So coming on here and reading about y'all is as close to having friends that I can talk too. Without this group I would have most likely given up. Everyone of you has inspired me to keep going. I love being a part of your life.

It has been very crazy around here in the mornings I try to get Diesel out before the heat sets in with it being almost 80 with the sun coming up does not help. He is doing great with his training. But if I don't stay on top of him he really tries to get away with things.

I have been struggling with food choices but this week I pulled out my binder of recipes and made my menu for the week. We will see how it goes.

I have another dental appt tomorrow for a filling that I found out about at my last appt.

I hope everyone has a great day!

• txcritter69
    @trooworld I love the pics of the wolves. That is very interesting about the "keystone species" and how without it things would change like that.
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 919 Member
    Third place, alright! I'll take it. Good job team!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    @trooworld I love the pics of the wolves. That is very interesting about the "keystone species" and how without it things would change like that.

@trooworld Your wolf pics reminded me of a short video I saw years ago about how the wolves changed the rivers. So interesting

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q&si=DdT82umt0X7kBxlw
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    edited August 13
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @laurelfit57 @vegan4lyfe2012
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the Following: @FushiaKat

Hey gang! Love seeing the wolf sanctuary pics and found the video interesting! I'm not feeling the best and just got home so I'll hopefully I'll have more time to catch up tomorrow. There's a fundraising event at a wine restaurant for the charity tomorrow night I'm planning to go to and have a long day so we'll see if I make it, maybe just one glass and I'll come home early. Starting the plant sale stuff for the garden club at the farm greenhouse in the morning and have a lot of work to get done in between, I'm looking forward to having this week behind me. Have a great Tuesday friends! Today was awesome with eating cleaner though low protein.
  • trooworld
    edited August 13
    9ztruo30q997.png
    DISCUSSION QUESTION: What emotional or psychological triggers lead me to make choices that sabotage my weight loss goals, and how can I address or manage these triggers more effectively?
  • trooworld
    @txcritter69 Thank you for trusting us enough to be part of the group and to be our friend. <3 I'm so glad to hear how Diesel is doing, you must be working very hard. I hope the dentist goes well today. I'm glad you liked the wolf pictures. Yes, in fact, there was an incident in Yellowstone where they started to get rid of the wolves and it was not a good effect, you can read about it on the wolf center website here: https://www.californiawolfcenter.org/biodiversity

@TeresaW2024 I hope the dentist went well!

@megnolia82 That would be really hard. I'm glad you've got things to do to keep you busy.

@Jactop Congrats on the loss! That video: the guide told us a little about this on our tour, but this is great information. It's amazing, isn't it? The way that a keystone species can change an ecosystem. Thank you for posting this video! Very interesting.

@DrewsAnna They are beautiful. Amazing creatures. How cool to have had a wolf mix! What was his name?

@Katmary71 I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. HUGS.

Hi all. I have a headache today, it's not too bad, just annoying me lol. I think it's from the prolonged heat. I'm ready for October/November when it starts to cool down. It's 81F in the house right now and it's only 4:30 am. Of course, we don't have any of the windows or the door open. I can imagine it will possibly get hotter later.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    @txcritter69 I’m glad you found us and really hope you won’t ever give up on yourself. You are a great member of this group. And so is Diesel! :)

@megnolia82 I hope having your friends over will be a good start to taking care of yourself no matter what your husband is doing. You deserve to be good to yourself and do things that will benefit you. :)

@Katmary71 I hope you feel better and enjoy your fundraising event. :)

@trooworld Love, the pics of the wolves! I’m with you on wanting the heat to end. I’m so sick of walking outside and feeling like I’m in a sauna. :

Good morning! Yesterday's dentist appointment went fine except for paying the bill. Joe and I both had to have X-rays, which always raises the bill significantly. But I’m thankful for a great dentist and dental hygienist and the ability to pay the bill. :) This evening, I have to go to the church and participate in an interview process for our American Heritage Girls (think Christian Girl Scouts) since I’m their church rep. I'm unsure what is expected of me, but I’ll be there. :) I decided yesterday to track my calories for a week to see how I’m doing with my eating. As you know, I’m not a weight or food tracker, but I am curious if my two meals a day are still overdoing it. I feel great, and I can tell that my clothes are feeling looser. Yesterday, I wore a T-shirt that didn’t fit, but now it fits perfectly. Yay me!! :)

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What emotional or psychological triggers lead me to make choices that sabotage my weight loss goals, and how can I address or manage these triggers more effectively?

Good question! For the last couple of years, my biggest trigger has been Joe. His declining health and dementia had me spinning out of control for a long time. My sister’s stress has also affected my goals because it’s so easy to give in and drink and overeat with her. For the last couple of months, I have managed these stressors with the Deligent Mind Self Care program. It is an incredible game changer and something I am praying I never stop doing! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Probably my worst trigger is the idea of Rewards. At work, I used to always get myself a snack when I finished a task, before moving on to the next task. 🙃 I foolishly trained my brain into expecting that food reward, every time I crossed something off the list. So now I give myself a different kind of reward. I take a short break. I might walk around the factory, just a quick lap to serve as punctuation between the tasks on my list.
    -Mica
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 13
    Good morning Slims. I’ve been keeping up on reading the posts but haven’t had much time to contribute. This summer has been crazy. I’ve been helping my cousin again this summer with her sewing business and we have wedding dress alterations booked until the end of October. I already warned her this will be my last summer working full time. Hubby is retiring in March and grandbaby is 6 months old now so don’t want to miss out on any of that.

Our weather finally gave us a reprieve for a couple of days. It won’t last but it’s cool enough this morning to workout outdoors so I’m going to bring my rebounder outside (out of view of the neighbours of course lol)

My biggest discouragement comes
    from seeing no progress especially when I’m putting in my best effort. I also have trouble not treating myself when everyone else is. I have to accept that I’m not everyone else. I can’t eat/move/live like everyone else. I have to do what’s best for me.

This discussion has been closed.