Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

1789101113»

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    Do you like reality TV? If so, what is your favorite show?
    I watch a bunch of reality TV. I like survival shows like Dual Survival and weight loss shows like My 600lb life.

I get sucked into Reality TV pretty easy because I can't believe how different people live. I'm down to The Real Housewives and I think those will end soon.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 311 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 264
    CW: 264
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 125 Member
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW-254
    CW-251.8
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 132 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    qzprz2zxwyio.png

What small daily habit could you change today to better align with your health and wellness goals?

I need to start strength training. For the past month I've been looking at the black, snazzy, sleek, new weight bench I managed to put together by myself, and a set of colorful dumbbells and resistance bands, BUT have not started using them! (I think I am overwhelmed by the amount of exercises out there and don't know where to start! LOL Yeah, I know starting ANYWHERE is a good start! LOL) For the past month, I do 1 hour of cardio on my "peddler" @#4 resistance, with 1/3 of it being HIIT, every day. But that's easy and mindless, and I can get into my zone, only stopping to sip some water. Anyways, I'm determined to do one set of lifting exercises on September 1st, and then add another NEW one each succeeding day, until I can build a routine (this in addition to my 1 hour of cardio every day).

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @micaroo4 That's only fair that you be able to swap it for another day, I hope you can do that.

@MaryIrisFroehlich @Lislisa123 @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

@baodell17724 Hi! That's terrible that the waiting list is so long. I can see why you moved. I am sure it's a lot different in many ways. Congrats on your loss so far! Fall is my favorite season, I totally get the comfort foods of Fall. Thank you for sharing your story, Brian. It sounds like you've been through quite a lot these past few years/decades. I hope this year is your year! I get the overwhelmed feeling when it comes to exercise. But yes, anywhere is a good place to start. Here's a link to a resistance band playlist on YouTube that may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGT833ogMTw&list=PLA8D678768CDAECC1 and here's another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvyT2H4HPk&list=RDQMsdbRFdKND5c&start_radio=1 I bet you could find some good dumbbell workouts as well on YouTube. That sounds great, what you're doing with your peddler. Starting small is the way to go!

@megnolia82 That's a great goal. Good job with the treadmill!

@TeresaW2024 Yes, I'm very lucky he enjoys cooking! Thank you. It's not starting out to be very restful lol. That was a good idea to get a bed rail. I hope it helps. I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch with your friend. Did you make a good choice at lunch? Enjoy the puzzle! ;)

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's good to hear! That's a good way to slow down, putting your utensil down. Thank you! Sounds like you are on a roll! Woo hoo! Good idea to sneak a snack into the movies. I've snuck Skinny Pop into the theatre. And unmentionable unhealthy things lol. Dr. Now does indeed call people's BS!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! The cane actually was easy to do that to: it took about 20 mins...the tiles have an adhesive backing and come in a sheet so you just cut them to size. Easy peasy! Thank you, I hope so too. That's great you reconnected with an old friend. And you sound as busy as ever! I believe in you, Ty! You got this! I bet she will be fine with some training. I wasn't tracking for a while either, I am now. I'm sorry about your barbell class, that stinks. I'm glad you found a substitute. OH wow! How cool to go to a farm with the pups! They both look very happy and worn out lol.

Hi all. I am so tired, we went to bed at midnight and I don't know why I stay up late when I know I can't sleep in. Like clockwork, my body wakes me up around 4 am. Today, it was 3:50 am. Ugh. I'm glad I can take my time today to get things done. The only real thing I have to do is pick up my grocery orders. I also have a Spanish lesson.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • baodell17724
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Hi Team Mission Slimpossible, you have a new team member joining! Please welcome @baodell17724!

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all !!! I see I've got 6 messages, but haven't read them yet because I spent yesterday reading all of this team's past August posts to sorta get to know y'all better !!! LOL

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    @Katmary71 Great job on making good choices this month and for not giving into movie popcorn that is so unhealthy! I like your ideas on bringing your own snacks to the movie. We have smuggled our own popcorn many times. I do like Dr. Now but watching those people on my 600 lb. life can be so sad that I don’t watch it much anymore.

@laurelfit57, what an awesome summer you had! How great to connect with an old friend. Ty is just a free spirit trying to live on her terms. :D I love the picture of the dogs in front of that awesome red barn! I had to look up what a barbell class is. I’ve never heard of it. I’m sure there are tons of great weightlifting programs that you can do at home. I do Beachbody by Bodi programs and think the most important thing is to stay consistent and keep pushing yourself to lift to failure so you can grow those muscles. :)

@baodell17724 You are all set to start a great lifting program! You need to find one you want to do and stay consistent with it. If you are new to strength training, find one that first teaches you good form, and then go for it! :) A tip for navigating this group is to take it at your speed. Some of us post daily and talk to everyone; others come when they can. You do what works for you and don’t feel the need to keep up. :)

@trooworld No, I didn’t make the best choice at lunch. :D I got their amazing Club sandwich and fries. But because I knew I would be talking with my friend for a while, I ate slowly and left a good amount of fries and bread from the sandwich behind. I’ve always been one to eat all my food, even if I’m full, and that is something I’m really working on. Ugh, don’t you hate that you can’t stay up late anymore and sleep in? My body wakes up at 6 am, no matter when I go to bed. I hope you get in some naps this weekend. :)

Good morning! Tomorrow starts the BER months, and I am so excited!! :) I’ve been reflecting on how this month has gone, and instead of listing all the things I didn't do, I focused on the things I did do. The two biggies are how consistent my workouts have been and how I've been able to increase weight this month. My muscles have been crying! :D I'm also proud of how I've stopped snacking. I've not been perfect, but it's like night and day to where I've been. My mindset has changed so much that twice this week, my sister told me how wonderful the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard is and how I should get one. I had a moment of temptation, but then I asked, "How does eating a Blizzard help my self-care?" and of course, it didn’t. It's a moment of flavor, and then what? Regret? Not this time! The best part of closing out this month and starting a new one is that I'm not "starting my diet" again. I’m just continuing, and that is an amazing feeling! :)

qfx5gyohbu73.jpg

• baodell17724
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I noticed in a comment that you also take L-Theanine. I started taking it half a month ago and "think" it's been a little more of a boost for my generic Zoloft. I deal with SAD when September rolls around, and even with the SAD lamp on my desk on all the time, my mood can still go "blehhh". I need all the good feelings I can get, without having to resort to a higher daily dosage of the big Z.
  • baodell17724
    micaroo4 wrote: »

I don't like "reality" TV as I think it's mostly scripted and edited with the folks playing a part! (Same reason I don't watch paranormal ghost-hunter shows!). Two shows I did find interesting were the series, "Ice Road Truckers" which follows the dangerous jobs of 5 men who take semi-trailers over the frozen lakes of Canada to reach small mining communities. There's also a series about men and women who drive semis coast to coast across the barren wilderness of Australia. If you breakdown you better know how to fix the problem, as cell-phone service is usually spotty and it can be another day or so before you'll see another driver to get ya help!

• baodell17724

My guilty pleasure is Love is Blind on Netflix. I also love Hell’s Kitchen! :)

Oh, Geee, I forgot about my guilty pleasure! Every two years, I purchase Hulu or Peacock (forget which!) so I can binge watch all the episodes I've missed on "Love DURING Lockup" and "Love AFTER Lockup" !!! :D

• baodell17724
    trooworld wrote: »
    I also have a Spanish lesson.
    Where do you live, that you are taking Spanish lessons? I started taking Spanish when I went to college in 2000 (I was in my 40s when I finally saved the money on my own). It's a great language to learn / know living in the Metro-NYC area, and I already had many Latinx friends. Of course, as bizarre fate would have it I was forced to move in NoCentral PA in 2020 which has ZERO people of color. I saw one black woman at the small local hospital a year ago when I went for tests, and it was all I could do to not to run up to her and give her a hug and start gabbing to this complete stranger. (The only Asians in my little town of Canton, seem to be the two workers at the tiny Chinese takeout restaurant!) :(

• bhagatcaroline
    bhagatcaroline Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Team Mission Slimpossible! Cool name. Thanks for welcoming me. I am 59 and 10 months old, married to a foodie and my weight although normal my whole life has steadily been creeping up. I went from 125 to 140 in the last 2 years and would like to get back to where I was but I can't seem to get there. I exercise most days and try to eat healthy but it seems I can only lose weight if I go down to 800 calories which I can not maintain. Looking forward to some insight and support.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 130.2
    CW: 129.6

My maintenance range is 127-133; I'm within my range.

-Mica
  • micaroo4
    42pk32to411q.jpg
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 206.7
    Today’s Weight: 206.7
  • baodell17724
    @trooworld: thanks for taking the time to post those two vids for me (and the rest of us)!

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 598 Member

@trooworld I can't sleep in either, I'm not up quite as early as you though, 5 AM is my max of time. When I stay up late, like last night, I'm dragging my heels. Glad you didn't have a busy day on top of no sleep.

@TeresaW2024 I agree with you about being consistent with exercise. What is a BER month? It sounds like you had a really great month!
    Last night I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 AM and then of course I was up at five. It's so annoying! I have been kind of dragging my heels all day. I did take my dogs out to that far again this morning to try to wear them out, so I wouldn't have to do so much walking with them today lol. I did track all day and managed to stay on track without exercise points :-). I am so stiff from that workout I did on Thursday, I am struggling today. I really didn't think I pushed myself that hard, but I have just been off schedule this whole summer. It is only 8:15 PM here and I am having a hard time staying awake.
    Hope everybody had a great Saturday
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @bethanie0825 @Digger61 @annachangesagain
    Reminder To Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following:@bhagatcaroline @baodell17724 @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @laurelfit57 @littlebabekitty

Making the month and spreadsheet swap to a new one tomorrow, always kind of sad as it's the end of the month but I look forward to the new month too. Have a great Sunday! My roommate's gone but he said he lost his key so that has me on edge, I'm getting help rekeying the doors Monday and I'm planning to be home as much as possible until then (have dinner at a neighbor's and the farm Monday morning). I feel a little guilty but it was definitely the right decision for me and my cats, my cats have been hiding in my room lately. He cleaned up well but threw away most of his belongings then left a Bible and a special necklace on a shelf in his closet, I'm guessing there's significance in that if nothing else to contact me for later. I checked his window and it wasn't latched but looked like it was so that has me suspicious too especially as he came back because he forgot his bike lock. I'll definitely be more relaxed once the doors are taken care of! Will catch up more tomorrow, take care friends.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 4,007 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 213
    Today’s Weight: 213
  • micaroo4
    oenme265c09s.jpg
  • micaroo4
    vnmgv6kld9v8.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,116 Member
    @baodell17724 - I like HAS Fit on YouTube for strength. They have a good variety of stuff to choose from and form is important to them.

@laurelfit57- I love all you dog pictures. Especially the ones where Ty was sliding down a hill. I forget how old Ty is, but Gus really began to settle down between 18 months and 2. I haven't had a puppy in so long, I forgot how challenging it can be. I hope the same is true for Ty.

Life is quiet around here. Did some cleaning and laundry yesterday. I did all my PT exercises, which takes around 30 min, walked 2 miles, then did 30 min of step. My hip did quite well. I'm so happy that I'm putting my routine back together. It's time to get losing again!

I'm reading an interesting book called Cloud Cuckoo Land. Anyone reading anything good right now?

Lisa
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 598 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 148.4
    CW: 146.8

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    @baodell17724 I haven’t watched your guilty pleasure and will have to check it out! :)

@laurelfit57 All the months that end in BER. Those are the best months of all! Maybe not for you since you have to deal with lots of snow and ice, but here in Georgia, they are the best months of the year! :) I hope you get some rest tonight.

@Katmary71 I’m glad the roommate is gone, and I will also be happy when your locks are changed. I’m saying a prayer right now for your protection. <3

Good morning, and happy September!!! I’m so happy that summer is almost over. I just looked at our ten-day forecast, and after today, we are dropping down to the 80s, and there are even two days next week in the high 70s. Woot!! :D I’m excited to keep on working hard this month toward my health goals. I plan to continue pushing myself in my workouts, keep the snacks out of my mouth, eat more whole foods, practice gratitude, and be happy. In a podcast the other day, Jason Seib talked about happiness and gave a formula for it: Happiness = Reality - Expectations. I find this incredibly profound! :) Anyway, I gotta get Joe up and get us to church on time!

My Beachbody coach posted this cool tracker that I thought some of you might enjoy using this month. :)

bq399l9171v6.jpg

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Is there a September thread link? I cannot seem to find one.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 245
    C. W. 245
  • baodell17724
    Username: baodell17724 (Woohoo, my first weigh-in!!! :D )
    Weigh-in day: Sun
    Starting Weight 6/1/24: 286.2 lbs
    Previous Week's weight: 248.0 lbs
    Today’s Weight: 246.6 lbs

- 1.4 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @baodell17724 We can be a chatty bunch lol. Just keep up as you can, no worries about reading everything. I agree with you when you said reality TV is scripted. I live in San Diego BUT I take the Spanish lessons online at a website called "iTalki". They have many languages and I only pay $10 an hour for a native speaker! The tutors set their own rates. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Here's a referral link, in case you are interested: https://www.italki.com/en/i/ref/AEAdEbd I can imagine it would be great to take Spanish in the Metro-NYC area. We also have many Spanish speakers here in San Diego. Where you live sounds like where I am from originally. I feel you! Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW2024 I didn't make the best choice at breakfast yesterday either! :P I love a good club sandwich and fries. That's good you ate slowly. I need to try to start to do that. I won't be able to eat like I'm in a race after my surgery! I do hate I can't sleep in anymore. :( I used to be able to sleep until 1 pm, those were the days! LOL Thanks. That's great to focus on what went RIGHT! And stopping snacking is HUGE. Congrats on all you accomplished in Aug! Wow, great weather. September is our HOTTEST month, it can get up to 100! I have a love/hate relationship with Sept: it's my birthday month but I also hate the weather. I like that formula. Yes, profound!

@bhagatcaroline 800 does seem way too low. How many calories do you normally eat in a day? Maybe you aren't eating enough calories?

@laurelfit57 I actually slept in until 5 today! I must have been really tired lol. I ended up kind of having a busy day but a little downtime. I hope you get some rest today. That sucks you couldn't sleep. Good job staying on track! It paid off, congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you are rekeying the doors. That's great he left with little drama. I hope he stays away.

@Cornanda Quiet is good! I'm glad your hip did well. I've heard of that book. How do you like it? I am currently reading about 5 books but the one I am reading the most is Vampires of El Norte by Isabel Cañas. It is mostly a historical fiction but with a slight horror element thrown in. Not scary: https://app.thestorygraph.com/books/8828d690-3095-4494-b522-ad74b6181fe7

@19shmoo69 I don't think it's posted yet. Sometimes it takes a day or two after the month is closed out.

Hi all. I did a little bit of cleaning yesterday but with only 3 hours of sleep, I really couldn't get much done. We went out for breakfast and then got some groceries and then I came home and took an hour's nap. I made Southern Tomato Pie and Air-Fried Cornmeal Shrimp for dinner last night, it was really good. Tonight, I am making Orange Chicken and broccoli. The Orange Chicken is made with a bag of frozen popcorn chicken, so it should be nice and easy! I am feeling almost 100% better from whatever it was I had.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
This discussion has been closed.