Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 919 Member
    @micaroo4 Thanks. I recently purchased a treadmill. I think it's working. lol.
  • lislisa123
    edited August 24
    @Katmary71 Hey, just wanted to point out a small error. You put that my mom gained weight this week. She actually lost weight. She mixed up the PW and CW. She is 204.0 this week.

Friday Weigh-in
    Maryirisfroehlich
    CW: 204.0
    PW: 206.3
  • annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 15 Member
    Username: annachangesagain
    Weigh in day : Saturday

PW: 160.5 lbs (72.8 kg)
    CW: 160.5 lbs (72.8 kg)

Hey everyone so I am surprised I am exactly where I was 2 weeks ago even though I was really sick last week and hardly ate .
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @megnolia82 Way to go, Meg!

@maryirisfroehlich That is hard! You got this though. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ah ok. It would be good if you both supported each other, especially while she is living in your house. Thank you! I hope the planner works out for you. I need snack ideas, too. Here are some vegan snack ideas for you compliments of ChatGPT:
    -Chia Seed Pudding: Mix chia seeds with almond milk and a bit of maple syrup. Let it sit overnight to thicken. Add fresh fruit or a sprinkle of nuts for extra texture.
    -Avocado Toast: Mash an avocado and spread it on a slice of whole-grain toast. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
    -Roasted Chickpeas: Toss chickpeas with a bit of olive oil and your favorite spices, then roast them until crispy. They're crunchy and full of protein.
    -Stuffed Dates: Fill pitted dates with a small amount of almond butter or coconut flakes for a sweet and satisfying treat.
    -Edamame: Steam edamame and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt or nutritional yeast for a savory snack.
    -Nut and Seed Mix: Combine raw almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. You can add a touch of cinnamon or a few dried berries for extra flavor.
    -Cucumber Slices with Guacamole: Slice cucumber and use it as a crunchy vehicle for homemade guacamole.
    -Apple Slices with Cinnamon: Slice an apple and sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon for a sweet, satisfying snack that’s naturally low in calories.
    As far as podcasts go, I like:
    The Nutrition Diva's Quick and Dirty Tips for Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous
    Half Size Me
    And here's some that I've not yet listened to:
    The Model Health Show
    The Diet Doctor Podcast
    The Balanced Life
    The Happy Eating Podcast
    Food Heals Podcast

@Lislisa123 Go girl!!!

@Katmary71 My doctor yesterday said I need to read up on rebound headaches. She said taking to much NSAIDs/Naproxen (which I was taking 2-3 times a week) could give them to me. Thanks! I did get more sleep last night! I hope I do get to go to Italy someday. My SIL is in Italy right now enjoying it. Thank you, the appt went okay, I got a lot of information and she wants to retest me for sleep apnea (I already have a mild case that we know about). I'm sorry about the roommate, he sounds really insensitive. I hope the last week he's there goes by quickly. Those snacks look good!

@Cornanda That's great you are able to increase your walking time and now try step aerobics. I'm sorry it's still painful at times.

@gemwolf110 @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. I went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me a different medication to try for my knee. She's also sending me to physical therapy. She said if that doesn't work, then we try shots. If the shots don't work, then I have to have a total knee replacement. She had an x-ray done and my knee has been upgraded from moderate arthritis to moderate to severe. So, hopefully the med works. When I got home, my nose started feeling stuffy. I thought it was just allergies until I got a notification from work that I had been around someone who now has COVID. I wasn't feeling well and took my temp and my temp was 99.9. So, I'm thinking I probably have it now too. This morning, I'm feeling a little better but it may just be because I just woke up.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

Thank you! I’m trying to keep the momentum from the loss of weight from the molar extraction going. Maybe I’ll be under 200 by October?!?

Oh no! COVID stinks. Hope you feel better soon!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    The Group Challenge for week 4 is now posted. This week will be a photo challenge! I hope to see you there! :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922454/august-week-4-group-challenge-photo-challenge#latest
  • gemwolf110
    Good Afternoon all!

Can’t believe this is the last week of August! My next class starts up in mid October, tooth seems to be healing (still a little bit of a hole), but getting closer to being in the onederland club (6.7 lbs to go!). Doggies are doing good. The youngest had his annual and bloodwork this week just waiting on results. Aqua class is going great as well as Zumba. Eating has gotten better, still need to nix the ice cream but it’s a process lol.
    Went to a local country fair with a new friend and actually won a couple of the carnival games. Told the new friend they are good luck! lol summer is nice but so looking forward to fall. Think the huskies are in the same boat as me.
    Been cleaning all morning- trying to get some early fall deep cleaning and purging done. A family friend had read and posted on their Facebook about the book “The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning”. Ordered the book, haven’t read it yet but do need to purge stuff I don’t need nor want. Maybe make some $$ in the process. Still need to paint these walls. Have the paint but need to clean first.
    Plan on checking in soon. Didn’t realize how much time had gone by been busy!

Hope all is well with everyone!

~Missy

CW 206.7
    SW 228.8
    GW 110-120
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 397 Member
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    What’s one thing on your bucket list that you really want to do?

I want to go to Hawaii...
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    @Katmary71 Hey, just wanted to point out a small error. You put that my mom gained weight this week. She actually lost weight. She mixed up the PW and CW. She is 204.0 this week.

Friday Weigh-in
    Maryirisfroehlich
    CW: 204.0
    PW: 206.3

I did notice this was swapped around and figured it was just how she wanted to report them I didn't think they were incorrect but since that was a mistake I corrected it. I'd given her a "hug" for her weight gain. I just fixed it on the spreadsheet. You'd make a great spreadsheet logger if you'd like to take my spot!
  • gemwolf110
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    What’s one thing on your bucket list that you really want to do?

Go to Australia
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @megnolia82 That's an interesting observation. And I'm sorry you felt that way growing up. I'm paranoid about smelling, too.

@gemwolf110 You are doing awesome. You'll get there. Thank you!

Hi all. I felt a lot better yesterday. Maybe it was just allergies? Or maybe I just had a really mild case. I don't know. I will test before I go to work tomorrow. I'm very tired today: my husband spent the night at his sister's last night to catsit. One of my dogs wouldn't settle down for 2 hours after we went to bed and then my knee was bothering me really badly. So, I've probably had about 3 1/2 - 4 hours of sleep. I will take a nap sooner than later.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Aug 25
    SW 175
    PW 168.6
    CW 168.2
  • lauren_989
    The registration for September is now open. Since you are already on a team, you do not need to re-join. However, if you know anyone who would like to join us, send them this link!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922487/registration-for-new-members-september-2024#latest
  • lislisa123
    Alright, I finally got 1st place!!!! Woohoo!!!! Nice job team on making second place.
    jsb4ktu8oipe.jpg
  • lauren_989
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    vyeb6h1j8fjg.png
    16m4vpw95kl0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    my5fnd7nknh0.png

By Pounds
    8ka8quz1l1zk.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    f3xddcnihauq.png

By Pounds
    4mukswpvu52q.png

Team Winners
    sg8bmpadj8tw.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    fd4y01iq4bk7.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 248
    C. W. 245
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @laurelfit57
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop

• Katmary71
    Go Mission Slimpossibles in 2nd place!

@lisalisa123 @19shmoo69 @maryisisfroehlich Way to go top winners! Wow I see a family who is doing amazing getting healthy together!

@trooworld Thank you that was very kind of you, you're an awesome co-captain and I appreciate you so much! I really hope the new medication works well for your knee. Shoot I'm sorry to hear the arthritis is progressing, no wonder it hurts so much! Shoot I hope you aren't coming down with Covid and hopefully feeling better means your body already fought it off.

@Cornanda That's interesting on your weigh in I did notice that and wasn't sure if you couldn't weigh and just gave me the same or if you were stalled at that weight. Good plan to write it down just in case! Thirty minutes of walking is impressive, have you been able to do some step aerobics yet?

@TeresaW2024 Ina Garten's meatloaf looks pretty good! I like that meatball (loaf) because it calls for a lot of herbs and I use a lot of my basil along with the parsley, I'm intrigued by Ina Garten using thyme in hers now. If you try it let me know what you think! Oh no I hope you and Joe don't get sick!

@megnolia82 Great job I love hearing you inspired and working out toward a goal! Hugs I hope you learn to embrace the sweat despite the tough childhood insecurities. I used to worry about smell too as I was told “everyone knows Armenians smell” (like garlic of course!). Being on pain meds I was always sweaty and insecure about it but I'm going on 6 years of working out daily and just like I encouraged you to I've embraced the sweat and think of it as earning a nice long bath or shower now. I'm impressed you can still walk at 3.3 I have to bust into a jog around there as I have short legs!

@annachangesagain Try not to worry chances are your hydration levels are off from being sick.

@gemwolf110 You need a Yonanas machine! I'm still borrowing my SIL's but wasn't using it as it was hard to clean, now that I have brushes for my water bottle I need to clean it out and fire it up. Congrats on winning the carnival games! I read up on Swedish Death Cleaning (just an article but I was fascinated by the name and had to at least know what it was). If you try it you have to tell us about it! Maybe we can do a Swedish Death Cleaning challenge?

Think I got caught up! I took my third AO Scan yesterday (think I posted a link to that before) and three are needed to translate it so I've been looking over that and getting HOA stuff done. Food is going well aside of getting a Blizzard on Thursday night with my neighbors. I'm not sure if my roommate lost his job or what as he's been around a lot, I hope it was just a slow couple of days as I'm hoping he gets back on his feet just not in my house. I have an HOA recap of the last 15 months to send out and want that off my to-do list tonight. I braved the farmer's market in the rain yesterday to get a watermelon and am looking forward to that for dessert. Have a great Sunday night and happy Monday!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 205 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:226.2
    CW: 226.2
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 205 Member
    No loss, no gain this week. Again the scale is being wonky so I posted the middle number I got.
    Thursday Icebreaker question: I’d like to run a 5k.
    This week is supposed to be a less hectic week for me so my goal is to track every day. Feel free to jump down my throat if I don’t. Looked at the fall schedule for kids and it’s going to by busy. I’m going to enjoy these last few weeks of summer if I can.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 598 Member
    edited August 26
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147
    CW: 148.4

+1.4

I am so sorry that I have not been checking in. It has been such a crazy summer, lots of fun by this time of night when I usually post and I'm too tired. Spending lots of time with my grandkids, doing agility with the pups 4 to 5 times a week. @trooworld I did find a couple of places that had big fields through Sniffspot where I could take the pups, thank you so much for that suggestion.
    I will post a picture of my grandkids and pups that I took in one of these places (Sniffspot). This is on a little hill, I just wanted the dogs to sit, Ty was determined she was going to lay down, she kept sliding down the hill and was trying to recover🤣. She definitely has her independent little spirit and wants things her way🤣
    I can't get them to come up in the right order. The third and fourth pictures should be the first and second, you can see Ty's gradual decline down the hill, all the while laying down
    0kwnba591o79.jpeg
    ouljk9edg99d.jpeg
    sy7blzpr5lh5.jpeg
    05oatlbo45yl.jpeg

I promise I will get better at checking in when the grandkids go back to school and I am on a regular schedule with the pups
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    @laurelfit57 - great pictures!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Weigh in August 25

CW: 217.4

I forget my weigh in last week but it was in the neighbourhood of 210.4 I believe. I don’t know what the heck happened.
    Anyway, I’ll hit the treadmill and shake it off.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    @trooworld snazzy cane! I love the personal flair you’ve given it!

I did hit the treadmill but my ankle was giving me a little pain so I dialed it back to a brisk walk and I still managed to sweat enough to embrace it lol.

Have a great day!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    Jactop
    Monday
    SW 225
    PW: 193
    CW: 193.8
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @trooworld and @Katmary71 y'all super duper awesome captains and leaders of this group.
This discussion has been closed.