Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    @DrewsAnna I love your hair you look beautiful! Hope you have a great time at the concert, let us know how it goes!

@TeresaW2024 Go Mom I hope she DOES stick with it and it helps her (the diet). I hope she DOES start getting out more that would be great! Interesting you saying that about food I was thinking yesterday we haven't done the rainbow challenge in ages. Congratulations on the new rebounder, I think that's a great investment in your health!

@trooworld Yum I just printed all the chickpea recipes they're my favorite bean. I hope returning to work goes well and you keep feeling better. I can't wait for you to have that date!

@FushiaKat Oh no hugs I hope you feel better soon! I hope your contest room wins a prize, you're so good at them I'm sure it will.

Hi team! I'm getting new gutters today so that company and a roof company have been banging on the roof all day. I went to the farm for a couple hours and have been home since keeping the cats calm. Really looking forward to my roommate being gone, he was pushing it hard last night to the point I told him I'd be happy to call the police to deal with him. I have a Salsa Cookoff recap meeting tonight at a Mexican restaurant so I'm looking forward to a margarita and not being home. Have a great Thursday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @Katmary71 I have to admit I'm a bit confused. You had tagged me earlier with this.

"@19shmoo69 Love those grandkids and pups photos those are the best!"

That's why I asked about the pix. @laurelfit57 is in a different group. I hadn't seen those pix before.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69 Love those grandkids and pups photos those are the best!

@trooworld Love the blinged cane! I was going to put skulls all over my walker and my aunt sent me a positive messages and cat bag for it instead so I never finished but I love your cane! Rest today and feel better. Allergies around here have been going crazy too so maybe it is there? I usually don't have problems this time of year but everyone seems to be flared up right now. I'm glad your friend is doing so well and it's inspiring you, does she live near you?

@TeresaW2024 Wow a whole piece of pie is a lot in ice cream! Dairy Queen has a pumpkin pie one but they don't put that much stuff in it. Love your goals those are great! ROFL at your mom going all-in on carnivore, it DOES sound like the latest miracle cure good job keeping a straight face. One of my neighbors always says how she barely eats anything and there's always a Walmart bakery item on her counter that SOMEONE eats (she lives alone and doesn't get much company), I try to tune out so I don't say anything but it's hard. I do enjoy Berry's YouTube videos I listened to them a lot when I was at the greenhouse by myself.

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments, having @trooworld as a co-captain and @19shmoo69 as our moderator is an awesome team!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Great news Hunter is buying diet fixings! She'd probably feel a lot better eating like you too. Is Blink Twice a horror movie? It sounds like how I slow blink at my cats to say I Love You. I hope your therapist has some ideas on supplements for you, I haven't had much luck with the medical community and supplements (they don't learn a lot about them).

@gemwolf110 Definitely DO let us know how it goes, looks like @TeresaW2024 knows about it too! Would you two want to lead a challenge for us?

@AmbersWay Don't feel you have to catch up just jump back in when you can, I'm happy to see you! Great job logging again!

What small daily habit could you change today to better align with your health and wellness goals? I need to get the house more organized so it's easier to keep clean, once I get my roommate out I'm planning to get things straightened up.

@micaroo4 I used to only drink Diet Pepsi so I feel you on that! I used Crystal Light to cut back then went to herbal tea, I do drink kombucha here and there too. You're under that 400mg which is great!

@19shmoo69 LOL no more procrastinating! Good deal to get more exercise in.

Hi team! Got all caught up! I had a couple appointments today, first a teeth cleaning (periodontal hygenist) who I love, she's been awesome at answering questions and with her advice I'm actually turned my gum health around a lot. Then I had the pain clinic which I find kind of depressing but got it done. I made another skinnytaste giant parmesan turkey meatball, my Dad will be here tomorrow as the gutters are being redone and I figure we can have leftovers for lunch. How is everyone doing with eating cleaner? My only bad was I thought I ordered a big can of gluten free breadcrumbs and I noticed when I was making the meatball that they aren't gluten free so I'm starting a return even though that's a huge pain. Charity has a salsa recap meeting at a Mexican restaurant tomorrow night so that will be a challenge but I DID lose 1lb the last month so I'm glad for that even though it's a small amount. Have a great Wednesday!

Great idea!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Hahaha yeah who needs nine cans? :D Ah I thought I might be thinking about Dr Berg! Yeah I bet carnivore is fantastic, but I would miss my veggies and fruit. I'm sure you will use the new rebounder so that was a good decision. When will it get here? Congrats on the new purchase!

@DrewsAnna I LOVE your hair! I hope you have fun at the concert!

@Katmary71 Oh I hope they work out for you. Thank you, it didn't work out yesterday at all...I felt awful. No word on the date yet. Oh man, that roommate, when is he out? Friday? I really hope it goes smoothly.

Hi all. Well, I went to work but only lasted until 11:30 am (and that was pushing it). I don't know what I have but whatever it is is decimating my vacation time. I'm going to work from home the rest of the week and hopefully find a time to go to the doctor. I'm sick of feeling so fatigued that I can't sit up. It's not normal.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    @TeresaW2024 - Poor Joe! I'm glad he's not hurt too badly.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 29
    Welcome @bhagatcaroline!

@Katmary71 – Blink Twice is a psychological horror, IMO. At the beginning, the female lead says to the male lead’s therapist, “Blink twice if I’m in danger.” As a joke. Obviously it ends up not being a joke. No luck with supplements with my therapist, but he did say I should talk to my GP about possibly having my L-Theanine level checked to know how much my body is producing already. Sucks about the bread crumbs, but at least you realized before opening it so you can return it. I have been doing good with cleaning eating – probably around 85%. I have had Just Egg, bakon and toona this week, so those are the only processed food items. RE your roommate…when will he actually be gone?!?

@Jactop – Awesome measurement losses!!! Don’t question it – just accept it! Woot Woot!

@FushiaKat – So sorry you’re having a flare-up. Yes, please share the picture of your contest room!

@littlebabekitty – Hugs! Good step forward joining a gym!

@trooworld – I love this recipe from Hello Fresh and have made it a lot…I just sub fajita seasoning for their “Southwest Spice Blend”:

https://www.hellofresh.com/recipes/crispy-chickpea-tacos-57acf41992eec9931b8b4568

I love to snack on the chickpeas alone, too, but this recipe is one of my top 2 faves from there. This is my other fave:

https://www.hellofresh.com/recipes/southwest-stuffed-peppers-5da0cbf490251003c01f40cc

I call it my “deconstructed stuffed poblanos” cuz I just prepare everything and throw it together in a bowl :)

Thanks for all your links – Pinned them so I can give them all a try. Like a little chickpea flight LOLs. I hope you have enough time to rebuild your vacation and sick time before your surgery. Keep us posted!

@TeresaW2024 – Hunter was hilarious yesterday. I had told her about the Just Egg being the protein boost I needed. After dinner we went to our local natural foods store and she picked up 3 cartons! Better those than vegan candy bars. She picked up a couple of those for herself, but told me not to look. When we got home, she hid them. I was proud of myself at the store, tho. I thought I’d have a problem seeing all the things that would’ve been awfully high in calories, but I breezed on by them all! LOLs about your mom’s newest obsession. Oh my goodness! How awful for Joe! Maybe he shouldn’t have a nightstand on his side of the bed? I hope your lunch this afternoon is wonderful :)

@DrewsAnna – LOVE your hair!!! Have fun!

Hey, all! I’ve been working on the whole eat slowly and smaller bites thing. I do good starting off, but I tend to speed up a bit. Then I realize and reign it back in. I’m looking forward to the long weekend and plan on setting some quiet time to journal my thoughts from this week. Reflect on what I’ve done in the past that works and what doesn’t. I’m sure I’ll do some stamping and catch some horror movies, too. Other than that, it’ll be a quiet Labor Day weekend with the grands. Anyone have fun plans?
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 397 Member
    I have covid again. I haven't been to water aerobics this week at all. I'm hanging in there!!

askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:254.5
    CW
    :255.5

Let's go get it! B)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 425 Member
    Hi 👋

Just popping in for minute to let y'all know I'm still here. I've been slacking off, so I have challenged myself to log all my food on "loseit" for 7 days. My longest streak is 4 days. Right now I'm 2 days in today is the 3rd.

Our weather has been pretty cool for about the last 3 weeks. This weekend though we're supposed to go back into the 80's. After that, fall will be start going into full swing. I love fall, it's my favorite time of year.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Hi Team Mission Slimpossible, you have a new team member joining! Please welcome @baodell17724!
  • Katmary71
    edited August 29
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @Katmary71 I have to admit I'm a bit confused. You had tagged me earlier with this.

"@19shmoo69 Love those grandkids and pups photos those are the best!"

That's why I asked about the pix. @laurelfit57 is in a different group. I hadn't seen those pix before.

@19shmoo69 I don't have time to scroll back to check if I tagged you, sorry if I did but @laurelfit57 has been a member of this group for a few years now and she posted those pictures I just quoted. I'm feeling like I'm in The Twilight Zone right now. Have you never interacted with her????? Don't you recognize those pups? Edited to add I did tag you sorry about that it was for @laurelfit57
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following:
    @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroelich @bethanie0825
  • Katmary71
    @baodell17724 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, jump right in and introduce yourself!

@DrewsAnna You just reminded me to log my exercise, thank you! What do you think of Lose It? I don't like it as much as the feed here but am still trying to get into it. Enjoy that awesome weather!

@askewcr As long as you're still hangin in there, hope you're feeling better real soon!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'd be curious about your L-Theanine too, that would be interesting to know. You're doing great with your clean eating, wtg! The roommate should be gone tomorrow. That sounds like a great weekend I hope you get that quiet time in. I'll keep an eye out for Blink Twice, sounds like a good one! I love psychological thrillers.

@TeresaW2024 Yes I'm definitely going to rekey the locks once my roommate is gone! Oh no poor Joe AND you! I'm glad he's okay too. I hope you have a great time with your friend today.

@trooworld Shoot I'm sorry you weren't feeling well and had to go home. I'm glad you're able to work at home for the next few days and beat this.

Hi team! I was at the greenhouse this morning then went to my town's Chamber of Commerce to take a Canva class that was pretty fun. Got some HOA stuff done and planted some stuff in my garden. The roofers came back for a couple hours which I wasn't expecting but it's over now. Roommate should be out tomorrow and hasn't gotten rid of anything, think I'll be stuck with stuff I don't want grrr. Have a nice Thursday night and happy Friday.
  • 19shmoo69
    edited August 30
    @Katmary71 it's all good. I thought I was missing something that I needed to go check on. With that said I was getting @laurelfit57 and @lauren_989 mixed up. That's why I said she was in a different group.
  • 19shmoo69
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    Do you like reality TV? If so, what is your favorite show?
    I watch a bunch of reality TV. I like survival shows like Dual Survival and weight loss shows like My 600lb life.
  • micaroo4

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I used to like "Alone", on the History Channel, and I also liked "Survivorman" Les Stroud which was on the Discovery Channel.
    -Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited August 30
    @19shmoo69 - do you watch naked and afraid? I don't watch reality TV, but I've watched a few episodes. I don't know who would want to do that.

What is everyone doing for Labor day? Me- nothing much- some cleaning, projects and relaxing!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,116 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 177.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Oh that's not too long of a wait. Thanks, I called the nurse line (see below). Oh no! Poor Joe! That could have been worse, I'm glad he's okay. I hope you enjoy lunch.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks for the recipes. That's nice that they include the amounts and directions in the recipes so you can make it even if you don't do Hello Fresh. Do the chickpeas get crispy? Maybe I'm expecting too much out the chickpeas lol. I would probably deconstruct the peppers, too! I hope I can rebuild my vacation before the surgery, too. I'm waiting for their response. For the eating slower, do you set a timer? That sounds like a nice labor day weekend. I plan on cleaning up my side of the bedroom and working on cleaning the house. Also, see below.

@askewcr Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it's a mild case and you feel better soon. Hugs.

@DrewsAnna Fall is my favorite, too! Even though we really don't get a Fall.

@baodell17724 Welcome to the team! Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

@Katmary71 Thanks! I like Canva, it's fun to use. Whenever I make stuff for this group, I most likely use Canva. Sounds like you were quite productive yesterday. Just think, tomorrow, you will have the house back to yourself!

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: Do you like reality TV? If so, what is your favorite show? I say I don't like reality TV but in MY reality, I do watch some reality TV. I watch a couple of cooking shows on occasion (Ciao House, Top Chef) and sometimes My 600 Lb Life.

@Cornanda That sounds like what I'm doing: I am hoping to feel well enough to do a Spring cleaning of the condo. If I don't, I don't. I need to get better first and foremost.

Hi all. I tried to make a doctor's appt but there wasn't anything available in the next two weeks. I didn't want to go to urgent care so I called the nurse line of my insurance. She told me it was likely I had COVID or at the very least, the flu, and there was no need to go to urgent care. She said to just stay home and rest. I worked until 1 pm and then clocked out for the day and took a nap. I'm trying something new with our menu at home: since DH cooks 3-4 times a week, I told him to pick out 3-4 recipes and give me a list of what he needs. This takes away his ability to complain about the recipes being complicated or not liking them. It's the second week of doing this and it's working out really well, so far. We are supposed to go to see one of my husband's coworkers' bands play tonight. I don't know if that will happen but that has been on the calendar for a couple of months now. We also have to pick up my SIL who is returning from Italy. That's not until 9:45 so I hope I can make it until then!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • micaroo4
    I'm off for 4 days for the Labor Day weekend. Today is my normal day off, but it's house cleaning, grocery shopping, and laundry day for me. Might also put a vegetarian chili in the crock pot. Tomorrow I will go into the office to prep for the month end inventory. I'd rather do it on Saturday when no one is there; otherwise I would have to go in stupidly early on Tuesday to do the prep and then the count. I usually have Tuesday off, but because of the Monday holiday, it looks like I may be getting cheated out of a paid day off. We'll see. My boss acknowledged that I would have to work on Tuesday, so she said we'd talk about what to do about the paid holiday. Hopefully I can swap it for another day during the week.
    -Mica
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 26 Member
    August 30, 2024
    Friday Weigh-in
    MaryIrisFroehlich
    PW: 204
    CW: 202
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Good morning, friends!

If I have learned one thing about myself it’s that my physical and mental health are all connected (I know, it’s not a groundbreaking discovery). because I’m an introvert, I find it very easy to go months without having people over. I called up a friend I’d been meaning to have over for a long time. He came with his kids yesterday and we had an absolutely wonderful visit.

As school is about to begin I run the risk of closing off to any social life and just existing between home and school. I need to keep myself socially active and actually go out and do things with friends. I know that’s a part of life I’ve neglected and I think all of it combines to leave me in a place where I can be the best version of myself.

Anyway I’m a little late for the treadmill today and my shoes are on! So off I go :)
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 132 Member
    Hello beautiful people!

MFP USER NAME is baodell17724. I'm a guy who's 67 years old, and now live in very rural North-Central PA about an hour from the NY State border. I only moved here in 2020, because I needed low-income disabled-senior housing immediately. I'm originally from the metro-NYC area, but there the waiting list for disabled-senior housing is 9-10 years long! I'm experiencing total culture-shock here! LOL It really is Pennsytucky! LOL

My WEIGH-IN DAY: Sunday. My CURRENT WEIGHT: 247.6 (as of this morning 8/30/24). My ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT was 286.2 (on 6/1/24 when I looked at myself in the full-length mirror and was horrified what bad shape I had let myself become!)

So once again I started "dieting". In the past, every 2 years or so, I start dieting usually at the start of warm weather (May or June), do well losing over the summer, but get totally derailed in September as I like to cook and totally get into making my favorite comfort foods (soups, stews, casseroles, cakes, pies and cookies! <sigh>. I just fall off the diet wagon, and lose interest in getting back on! I swear to just NOT succumb AT ALL to my usual Autumn pleasures! LOL

In 2017 I fell and broke my Left hip. Due to lousy health insurance, it was "repaired" (badly!!!), not replaced. My left leg is 1" shorter than my right, and I have a permanent limp now. In 2018 I was diagnosed with MS, so I now use a Rollator for walking, stability, balance to assist my legs.

Like many of us, I've struggled with my being overweight since childhood and my teen years. I did get it under-control in my 20s and 30s (my vanity caused me to want to compete with other guys), but once partnered I quickly started gaining weight, more so after my partner passed away in 2001 at age 50 from heart-lung disease. Things are better now, thanks to generic Zoloft! LOL

I'll stop now, but promise to be more cheerful next time I write! Regards, Brian
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Brian, welcome! It’s so nice to meet you. And wow, you’ve come so far already! That’s incredible. I know there are lots of hurdles for you but your attitude is amazing. This group of people is so supportive and fantastic. I think I’ve spent more time off the wagon than on it yet they are always cheering me on and lifting me up.

Great news: one more mile under my belt?
    In case I have the wrong impression, I was inspired by marathon lady but I have no intention of becoming marathon lady lol. But I guess she didn’t intend that either so who knows haha. My goal is just to be able to move my body in comfort and ease. Today I tried a built-in weight loss program on the treadmill. It alternates speed. It was kind of nice because I had to push for a couple minutes then got a bit of respite but still kept moving at a reasonable pace. I’ll definitely do it again. One day I’ll graduate to the more challenging workouts.
  • 19shmoo69
    @Cornanda I do not watch that show. The name of the shows let's me know it's inappropriate.
  • micaroo4
    @baodell17724 - Welcome, Brian! I'm glad you've joined us. I'm one of the maintainiacs in the group. I got to my goal weight 4 times before I made it stick. And FYI, maintaining is just as hard as losing, but with none of the rewards of seeing the scale numbers go down. It's all about figuring out what works uniquely for you, and then driving with both hands on the wheel at all times. Like you, I love September. September is beginning of Soup Season! Probably you'll want to pass on the cakes, pies and cookies, but there are plenty of comforting soups, stews and casseroles that you can make fit into your food plan with a little strategy. Certainly don't give up all of the joys of Autumn and the -ber months!

I woke up to 49ºF this morning. Did I mention that I love September? I know the calendar says there are 2 more days of August, but Hello September! 👋
    912smiprzjoa.jpg

-Mica
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 919 Member
    Lislisa123
    Fridays
    PW: 305.8lbs
    CW: 304.6lbs

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    @micarro4 Thank you! I’m glad he wasn’t hurt, too, and it was a wake-up call that it’s time for a bedside rail to keep him from falling out of bed again. :) What do you do for a living? Taking inventory can be a big job so good idea to get to work on so you don’t have to be in so very early.

@vegan4lyfe2012 that is great that you made good choices at the store and that Hunter was so considerate to pick up more protein for you and to hide those candy bars. Sometimes I try to match how slowly Joe eats but I always need more time to last it out and will end up finishing my food. I don’t want to spend that much time eating. :D

@katmary71 I can’t wait to hear that the roommate is gone for good! How did you like the Canva class? I use Canva Pro for work and LOVE it!! I’ve been with Canva since its beginning, and it’s come such a long way that taking a class is smart just to understand just some of the amazing stuff that a program can do. :)

@Cornada Since I just found out this morning that it’s a holiday weekend, I will have to say I’m not doing anything. As usual! :D

@trooworld I like how you and your DH share the cooking responsibilities. It can be a pain for only one person always to plan the meals. I know that all too well! I hope you get some good rest this weekend and feel better for next week. :)

@megnoia82 I agree that having a social life can feel like work but it’s also so important not to become too isolated. Good for you for having your friend over. I need to work on being more social, too. 🙂

@baodell17724 - Welcome to the group, Brian! You will find a lot of great support here! :)

@micarro4 I’m super excited that we are entering the BER months!!! :)

Good morning! Joe is still OK, but one of his knees is sore from the fall he had. I bought a bed rail that isn’t very big but will protect his head if he falls out of bed again. My lunch yesterday was great with my sweet friend, and we sat and talked for two hours! I did a killer shoulder and arm workout this morning and was glad I didn’t have to wash my hair today. Now I need to go make some lunch and see if I want to be productive or work on my new 3000-piece puzzle. Have a great day! :)

I love reality TV! Joe and I like watching The Amazing Race, Duck Dynasty, and a show called Barnwood Builders, which features an awesome group of guys who take down old cabins and barns and make them into new homes. My guilty pleasure is Love is Blind on Netflix. I also love Hell’s Kitchen! :)

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,230 Member
    @Katmary71 – Today’s the day! I hope your roommate leaves as quietly as possible.

@askewcr – Hugs :(

@trooworld – I feel like the chickpeas crisp up nicely. I hope they behave for you. I don’t set a timer to eat slower. I’m taking a small bite and setting my fork/spoon down after each bite. So glad your new dinner plan is working for you both. I hope you feel better soon!

@megnolia82 – I’m an introvert, too. Totally get it. It’s hard enough making plans…then to go through with it. Sometimes I’m glad I did and sometimes I’m not. So glad you had a great visit with your friend!

@baodell17724 – Welcome and thanks for the introduction! Your journey sounds like a sucky one, but you haven’t given up and that’s what matters. We are your sounding board, good or bad. We struggle, but the cheerleaders in this group are amazing!

@micaroo4 – It’s my favorite time of the year, too!

@TeresaW2024 – Ooohhh! Work on the puzzle!!!

Things are going good for me right now. Logging consistently, making educated choices, eating slower… I just need to keep it going. Sunday I’m taking my mom to see AFRAID. It’s gonna be tough not chowing down on popcorn. I’m thinking I’ll sneak in some baby carrots and hummus. I could also pop my air popped popcorn and sneak that in. Good thing my purse is kinda big. What healthy snacks have you snuck into a theater? Help me out!

I only watch a few. I think My 600 lb Life would be a favorite. Helps keep me on track. And Dr. Now cracks me up with how he calls people out on their BS.
  • Katmary71
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @Katmary71 it's all good. I thought I was missing something that I needed to go check on. With that said I was getting @laurelfit57 and @lauren_989 mixed up. That's why I said she was in a different group.

This made me smile I mixed up Jugar and Jactop for (years) awhile and was surprised Jactop left our team to be in charge of the spreadsheet and on a different team. They never overlapped until now and I probably asked Jugar how the chocolate shop Jactop used to work at was doing a bunch of times! I was always amazed she could work there and eat healthy.
This discussion has been closed.