Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Megan_smartiepants1970
Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,758 Member
edited August 31 in Social Groups
izxocxxydiya.jpg
Here is your Team chat room for September 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The September challenge runs for four weeks, from September 1st - September 29th.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leader board. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get September on the road!

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Hi team Mission Slimpossibles! Welcome back @morenin to your team!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,390 Member
    The September Week 1 Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 1st. Please join us for the Pick 3 Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922858/september-week-1-group-challenge-pick-3-challenge#latest

Bring a friend and see you there!
    Jessica
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    Hi folks! Glad to be back. Vanished longer than I intended to, originally.
  • bhagatcaroline
    bhagatcaroline Posts: 4 Member
    Weight today 141.4.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    Sunday check in! I forgot how to do this, so correct me if I mess up?

PW: 216.5
    CW: 215.6
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty
    Reminder To Weigh in For Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Sept 1
    SW 175
    PW 168.2
    CW 167.2
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,461 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    ml00sxygm0w8.png
    h80jvxb3atl8.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tb4j061qd338.png

By Pounds
    58tdpg51xp5c.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    rf2nakpqjvlr.png

By Pounds
    kw77871g7onf.png
    buc12pu7doyp.png

Team Winners
    ljfsqle4o7qg.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    z5v9bcz8o5ar.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,461 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    tvpo361ry3q6.png
    by6su14dtvh1.png
    ejy76pi76va0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2wyadxdk9yun.png

By Pounds
    95b114zu09vh.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    0xav3fc8b7hk.png

By Pounds
    xm0tzqv5nf4s.png
    s3mhvr0ow5m2.png

Team Winners
    ab8nexgv98dz.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    tdc8pgt0eouj.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 555 Member
    edited September 2
    I just deleted my whole post, so I am starting over🙈

@katmary71 I am so happy for you and your cats that that roommate is gone! I'm sure you will sleep much easier once you have your locks re-keyed.

@Cornanda those pictures of Ty on the hill, were hilarious. She reminded me of a small rebellious child who was not going to do something you asked, even though it was easier. I asked her for a stand, but she was determined to do a down, and she held that down as she slid all the way to the bottom🤣. How old is Gus now, I still think of him as a little puppy. I have been out of touch, what happened to your hip?

@TeresaW2024 our BER months aren't too bad it is January and February that are usually the worst. So glad your weather is cooling down, I can't imagine living in heat all the time.

@trooworld wow! Don't you feel like when you sleep longer than you usually do, it's like a present :-) :-). I had a great sleep last night as well. It sounds like you had an absolutely lovely Sunday, please let me know how that orange chicken and broccoli turned out.

Today's pictures are from our picnic today :-). Vannie looks like such a pretty little lady (she was just groomed ) and Ty has the longest tongue of any dog I have ever had🤣
    Her tongue doesn't normally stick out, just when we have been playing hard and she is panting

axpf6tb6jk8g.jpeg
    a51ca524tzdq.jpeg

• Katmary71
    @19shmoo69 I really loved reading your intro that was awesome!

Hi everyone! I'm Kathy, I co-captain with the amazing @trooworld , @19shmoo69 is our wonderful motivator. I've been on this team since the start of 2019 and was the motivator until the start of this year when I became co-captain. This team has helped me keep my sanity through my pain condition returning and many other life adventures, I hope you find it a safe haven too. I'm currently trading administrative work for treatment and supplements with a functional medicine practitioner, we work out of a spa and out of a Ministry where she also teaches nutrition classes. I do part-time work filing claims for my brother, volunteer as secretary for a local charity and my HOA, and volunteer at the food bank farm/greenhouse a few days a week. I love gardening, reading, and metal concerts! I have CRPS and am still recovering from a back fusion revision/fusion, I do chair cardio, weights, and stretching most days.

I'm also in charge of logging everyone's weights each week. If you have any issues around weighing in or needing your day changed please let me know. I hope everyone will continue to weigh in if there's a bad week but if you're on vacation or in the hospital I get it and we can log your previous weight or excuse the week but please don't pass on weigh-ins too often.

Let's have a great September!
  • Katmary71
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 198 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:226.2
    CW: 227.2

Sorry. Forgot until now. Couple hours overdue.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    Good Morning! I am Lisa. I live in FL with my husband of 32 years and our two adult children are still here. We have a small dog named Gus. I have struggled with weight since young adulthood- lost good amounts and gained them back a couple of times. The struggle is real now at my "mature" age. It's hard to get the scale to budge. I've been in this group since about 2020, I think- love the support and friendship here. Shootouts to @trooworld @katmary71 and @19shmoo69 for keeping everything running for us.

@Katmary71 - I'm glad you told the roommate to go, yet you are aware that he may still give you some trouble. I will be glad when your locks are rekeyed.

@trooworld - Thank you for telling me what you are reading. I am loving Cloud Cuckoo Land.

@19shmoo69 - I raise my coffee cup to your long and funny post.

@laurelfit57 - Your pups are cute again today. Gus is 2 now. He seems calmer and doesn't lose his mind every time he gets excited about something. We were talking the other day about some things he used to do that he doesn't anymore- like sneak pieces of mulch into the house. I got bursitis in my hip- and I don't know what caused it.

My question today is- Has anyone tried Noom? I feel I've been stuck for a long time now. I need to shake up my routine, but am struggling to decide how.

Lisa

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    rnmfb26f9ysh.jpg
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    @Jactop @lisalisa123 @19shmoo69 @maryirisfroehlich @865jessica Congratulations to the Mission Slimpossible top weight loss winners!
    -Mica
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Good morning Slims!
    I'm Mica, one of the maintainiacs of the Mission Slimpossible team. At my heaviest, I was 220. I currently maintain in my goal range of 127-133 (center weight 130). I track my food as accurately as possible and I weigh myself every morning. Maintaining is hard work! I eat mostly vegetarian, lots of beans!
    I'm 68, semi-retired, working 3 days a week as a bookkeeper at a plastics factory. I live with my boyfriend of 20 years, Rich. I got Rich working at Walmart 😄; he's still working there. I have a beautiful cat named Earl.

Pictures
    Me:
    n7upwe5kvsxa.jpg

Rich:
    mvpwhymyz1d5.jpg

Earl:
    inlx9gb29vbb.jpg

-Mica

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with the fabulous @Katmary71! Our motivator is the hilarious and insightful @19shmoo69!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @Katmary71 who handles all of that stuff. She also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (8 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who just turned 2 yrs old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I am in the process of getting weight loss surgery, I'm just waiting for the surgery date. For exercise, I like to walk with my husband and friends, however I am limited by moderate/severe arthritis in the knees. I plan on starting water aerobics soon, this has been in the plans for a couple of weeks but schedule conflicts and most recently, sickness, has waylaid my plans. My husband and I love to cook, I've got 8,698 recipes saved but who's counting? LOL Seriously, I do and they are all organized, so if you need a recipe for ANYTHING, let me know! I've got everything from healthy foods to pet treats to recipes for cleaning supplies. :) I have about 85 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting of healthy foods with MFP Premium.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!