Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited September 6
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question on Friday

If you had a chance to do the Thursday Ice Breaker Question what question would you ask?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW: @littlebabekitty @davors19
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow:
    @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @annachangesagain

Hi team! I got off work late and just finished watering, brought home a ton of basil from the farm I'm trying to use up. I have a carload of seed starting stuff for the garden club and need to get to bed, have a great Saturday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 129.6
    CW: 130.6

Went well: Walking went well, as always. Started doing intermittent fasting overnights (16 hours) beginning Wednesday night (in response to a gain), and that is going well.
    Needs improvement: I haven't been stretching. I also was eating too much over the Labor Day weekend, and it showed up on the scale (but I took control of that as of Wednesday night). Sleep is terrible.
    Next week: Start doing yoga again! Continue intermittent fasting, except for Saturday night/Sunday morning - the weekends are not the time for fasting! Decluttering 15 minutes/day. Keep trying to sleep.
    -Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    @laurelfit57 - I'm so sorry that happened to Ty. I would be stressed out too.
  • micaroo4
    If you had a chance to do the Thursday Ice Breaker Question what question would you ask?
    What habits and strategies have helped you be successful in your weight loss journey? Aside from the obvious one of finding this support group!

-Mica
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 206.7
    Today’s Weight: 207.4
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 119 Member
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW- 251.8
    CW- 251.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Yeah it's because we are from different ethnic backgrounds, honestly that's it. They have no reason to dislike me other than that..I've barely spoken to them. I just ignore them right back! :D Oh that's good you don't have to worry about hitting the ceiling. LOL I actually bought one of those neck fans for Comic Con but it wasn't very effective, just blew warm air on me, so I got a handheld fan that can also sit on a flat surface. I like that much better! I hate when people want something but then can't tell you what it is they want! I hope the pastor likes what you create. Good job finishing your program! Enjoy the rest. HAHAHA get those dumbbells, girl, you earned them!

@lislisa123 Congrats on the loss!

@baodell17724 I agree with you, it is about how you look and feel. That's why I haven't really set a number yet.

@Cornanda LOL that's hilarious! I think I will use that in deciding what to keep. :) My knee is feeling better, thanks. Happy birthday to your DH! That sounds like an excellent way to spend his birthday. I'm glad you found time to laugh. :)

@laurelfit57 Yes! Oh no, I'm sorry Ty got bit! I'm glad you were able to stay after class and let her have some fun. Poor little girl. Big hugs to you both. That sucks about the app.

Thursday Ice Breaker Question on Friday. If you had a chance to do the Thursday Ice Breaker Question what question would you ask? Oh gosh, um, What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn or try but haven’t had the chance yet? I would like to learn and try so many things. I think I would like, most of all, to get better/learn how to sew. I have a sewing machine and can do basic things but struggle a lot.

@micaroo4 Sorry about the gain and the sleep issues. Do you think the stretching and yoga might help with the sleep issues?

Hi all. I made something good for dinner last night: Gochujang Chicken Burgers with Kimchi Bacon Jam with fries. I had *wanted* to pick up a pizza because we had a lot of cooking to do for the surprise party today, but no, husband didn't want to do that. I think he just wanted me to cook because HE had to cook on his days. :( I ended up having to go to Walmart at 10 pm to get some things for the cooking we had to do. Got back, and we put the ribs in the smoker at 11 pm. They got done at 1 am, we had to let them cool and put the stuff away and it was 2 am before my head hit the pillow. I slept in a little bit: I woke up at 5:30. I am not good at functioning like this but we have to make the other 2 racks of ribs and some mac and cheese for the party this morning. It was pretty hot yesterday but less hot than the day before: it got up to the mid-80s but somehow, it felt just as hot inside the house.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • micaroo4
    @trooworld - you asked if stretching and yoga might help my sleep issues. I don't know. I've had sleep issues for years, but I'm having a really bad stretch lately. I've tried all the sleep hygiene routines recommended. I've tried supplements and otc sleep medications, and even a prescription drug. My doctor just shrugs. I think winter will help. Longer periods of darkness and cold temperatures. I don't like much about winter, but I think I sleep better. Still not great, but better.
    -Mica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,390 Member
    The September Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 8th. Please join us for The Rainbow Challenge as we work on our nutrition for the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10923342/september-week-2-group-challenge-the-rainbow-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,942 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 213
    Today’s Weight: 213
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld I'm sorry to hear that about your husband's cousins, I hope the party is better than you're expecting. ROFL about you asking @TeresaW2024 about hitting her head on the ceiling, I'd probably jump into a ceiling fan! Yikes someone bending a book while sleeping deserves a ruler on the desk! I hear you on the weather it was 106 yesterday, yuck! San Diego gets humid too though which is the pits. I'll have to send you the picture of my brother's SDSU graduation where I straight-ironed my hair and it turned into an afro being by the beach in the humidity! All that rib making in this heat must've been awful no wonder you did them so late.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! The woman who talked about herbs for a few is one of those people I know from somewhere, now that we discovered we're both herb lovers I think we're going to be friends. I know I volunteered somewhere with her I'm thinking she was one of the cooks at Winter Guest House (churches host the homeless for a week over winter and it travels from place to place and people help cook, do social service stuff, collect donations, etc). Good plan to rest up a bit, I love your enthusiasm for new workouts! Hahaha I bought ONE 25lb dumbbell, I have trouble holding more than one at a time so between my spine and being cheap it's working out well.

@Cornanda love that cleaning question! Thank you I'll invite you if I ever teach a class! The “ice cream” was good but not as good as the ice cream at the ice cream shop earlier today! Have a wonderful DH birthday celebration! That's right the two of us get slammed with birthdays in September. So does our group I think Chris's birthday is before mine! (Dad's is tomorrow)

@laurelfit57 Oh no I'm so sorry to hear Ty was bit! Hugs I hope Ty bounces back (and you!). Popcorn (with butter and oil and seasonings) is one of my cheats too.

If I could ask a Thursday Ice Breaker Question I'd ask what you would eat as your last meal if you'd suffer no consequences of calories etc but we may end up craving each other's meals so good thing I'm not asking it! Let me guess @19shmoo69 would have coffee-rubbed pork chops with mocha almond fudge ice cream!

@micaroo4 Hm I know you said you sleep better in winter (read posts backwards) but I wish we could come up with something to help you now. Way to go on starting yoga! I do a bunch of stuff for sleep like a sleeping pill and marijuana and bath/relaxing music before bed but one of the things that made a huge difference was when a friend recommended Ashwaganda.

Hi team! Long day I had my farm produce box scheduled to pick it up early as the pickup times were the same as the garden club and I had to get to the club early to drop off all the seed supplies. I couldn't find my keys anywhere and I ended up late and had been asked to be the acting secretary at the meeting so I was freaking out! I was late for everything but made it and the meeting went well, we started a lot of things for our plant sale and I have a few people who've volunteered to help me transplant the greenhouse plants to bigger pots. I went to another farm volunteer's house to check out his garden, he has a lot of raised beds and a cat who looks like my cat's sister. I have a mini crush on him but that's our secret. I met the woman from the CRPS support group for my marijuana, she'd picked up the president of the group (they're like mother and daughter), originally it was going to be a quick visit as her son's in the hospital but she made the time to hang out and we had ice cream (I had salad for dinner). Next up is getting the Garden club minutes out so I can relax and enjoy my Dad's birthday tomorrow. Have a great Sunday everyone!

-Food was good aside of the ice cream. How are you all doing?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    @Katmary71 believe it or not but I've not had coffee rubbed meat. I will have to look into it. On to the ice cream. Jamocha Almond Fudge from Baskin and Robbins is amazing. If you haven't tried it you need to. I cannot speak highly enough of it.
  • micaroo4
    Good morning Slims!

I slept pretty good last night. My Garmin said my sleep score was 80, which for me is about as high a score as I ever get. No particular reason for sleeping well, other than that I was totally exhausted from over a week of very poor sleep (Garmin sleep scores in the 40's).

Rich is coming down with something. Seems flu-like, so probably covid. We don't have any test kits right now.

There's a craft fair in Wells today, and I'm going. I've been planning it for weeks. It looks like I'll be going by myself.

-Mica
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    Username: baodell17724
    Weigh-in day: Sun
    Starting Weight 6/1/24: 286.2 lbs
    Previous Week's weight: 246.6 lbs
    Today’s Weight: 244.0 lbs

- 2.6 lbs
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm looking for an alternative to Overeater's Anonymous, online. The reason I had asked y'all for your experiences of OA was to see if any of your feelings towards their meetings matched mine. I've attended 4 different groups online, all of the people in the groups were very nice, and interesting. Basically, the problem I have with the groups are their format. I enjoy, empathize with, and learn from the members who speak at every meeting! The problem is I get bored easily and so the regular reading of OA's rules, regulations, steps, traditions, etc. is a waste of my time (LOL). Also all these groups spend a lot of time "round-robin reading" of chapters from OA and AA materials, and I'd rather we be told in advance what we'll be reading, so we can spend the hour actually having a full discussion where everyone has time to share! (This is really my complaint with OA's format - I feel my time is precious - so their format doesn't work for me.) If y'all know of any online alternative, I'd appreciate it!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 855 Member
    Sunday weigh in Sept 8 megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 214.6
    CW: 211.0

Woohoo. I’ve actually worked hard this week and eaten with moderation.

Next week: to hit below 210.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    Sorry I've been quiet, I've been sick several times this week. I slept badly and ended up weighing myself 6 hours earlier than usual, plus I pigged out on a stromboli I can't regret last night. So it's not huge shock I went up a bit. I will do better next week. I've signed up for three exercise classes this week, and I will try to work on moderating my eat. I just keep getting hungry late at night for no reason!

SW: 255
    PW: 216.6
    CW: 216.9
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    @trooworld I’m amazed that you cooked something so involved when you were tired from getting the BBQ stuff ready. My husband would have gotten a peanut butter sandwich! I hope you enjoy the party in spite of your unkind relatives.

@Katmary71 I always read your post and get tired! You are so busy and with your pain level, I can’t tell you how much I admire you. That farm is so blessed to have you! So about this crush? How long has this been going on? How can you turn this into more than a crush? I think the cat holds the key! ;) I hate how expensive weights are!

@micaroo4 It is good that you got better sleep after a bad week. My sleep is always much better when I exercise well and don’t overeat. I’m sorry Rich is coming down with something. I heard that stupid Covid is making the rounds again. Have fun at the craft fair! I hope to attend some of them this fall when the weather gets cooler. :)

@baodell17724 Congrats on your loss this week!! I would also get bored in an OA meeting. I’ve been a member of TOPS and Weight Watchers and found them both boring and much more of a social club than an actual support group that works toward helping people reach their goals. If you want to think outside the box, you can always check out my guru, Jason Seib. :)https://www.jasonseib.com/

Good morning! This past week, it has become evident that Joe is heading to a place where he really shouldn’t be left alone. There have been a few indicators, including two falls where he didn’t hurt himself but needed my help to get up. So, I plan to meet with the pastor this week to discuss my job and what needs to change. The main two things are that I also don’t want to attend staff meetings in person. These meetings are at 7:30 pm, and I’m not dragging Joe out with me, especially with the colder months coming. They can either change the time so I can take Joe with me, or they can Facetime me. I also don’t want to do anything outside of my secretary duties. This includes being in charge of the potlucks and other church events. If Pastor Jeff can’t accommodate these changes, then we need to look for someone to replace me ASAP because there is a time when I won’t be able to train someone to do what I do. I’m praying it won’t come to that because I love working for the church, and I like the extra money it gives us. Anyway, that is where I am today. You all say a prayer or wish me luck! :)