Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

1789101113»

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    If you were going to make a podcast what would it be about?
    I would love to make a podcast about decluttering, organizing and cleaning. If I was making a video blog, I'd want to do a cooking show. Can't really do a cooking show as a podcast, and decluttering is best done as a recorded podcast rather than video.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited September 19
    @digger61 – What are you going to do with all the ‘maters? For some reason, my mind is thinking you mentioned last year that you make canned sauce?

@FushiaKat – Hope you start feeling better so you can get working on the Halloween building!

@Katmary71 – I still adore Blueberry tea, but for my lunchtime cold infusion I’ve been using Tangerine Orange Zinger for about 3 months now. Absolutely love it – reminds me of Tang LOLs. For morning black tea and evening tisanes, I’m all across the board, trying lots of new flavors from small family businesses. My most recent company purchases have been Ohio Tea Company, Tiesta Teas and Plume & Willow. You wouldn’t want me to start listing all the flavors…way too many! Glad to hear your charity work is good. Bingo will be fun! I have been doing the RAINBOW challenge with you…just haven’t posted it. Please don’t stop – I need the inspiration! I’ll list yesterday’s at the end of my post. What’s an herb spiral?

@trooworld – Have you made a list of places you want to go/do when you’ve recovered from surgery and are able to be on the go more? I’m so excited for you!

@TeresaW2024 – Thank you for being such a great cheerleader for me :) Also, I think a walking pad for Maggie would be the smart route to take (pun intended).

Thank you to everyone that keeps encouraging me…I appreciate it! The past couple days have been crazy busy with work and a neurology visit for Oliver. Hunter made me lunch for work today…I woke up this morning to sticky notes all over the bathroom mirrors, kitchen table and purse telling me not to forget to grab the bag in the fridge. As I assembled all the parts to the sandwich, I realized just how overboard it was. Specialty bread, 7 slices Tofurkey, 3 slices cheeze, vegan mayo, lettuce & tomato. Yes, I ate it and it was delicious. But it helped me with figuring out how to reduce the points/calories. Next time, just 1 slice of cheeze and mustard in place of mayo. Literally reduces it by half! Tonight’s dinner will be baked tater, non-starchy veg and a salad to keep me on track! My grocery haul at Wally World to stock my office ended up being 10 packs of Ben’s rice pouches, 3 cans and 3 tetra packs of soups and chili, 4 cans of plain beans and a large jar of guac salsa. That is a month’s worth. Definitely trying to set myself up for success. Proud of myself for following through with stocking my office space.

EAT THE RAINBOW 9/18:
    Red: tomatoes, bell pepper
    Orange:
    Yellow: banana
    Green: spinach, avocado, green onion
    Blue/Purple:
    White: leek, onion, mushrooms, potato

If you were going to make a podcast what would it be about?
    Hmmm…probably talking about B-rated horror movies LOLs
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @bhagatcaroline
    Reminder To Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following: @Cornanda @lisalisa123 @bethanie0825 @davors19
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    @micaroo4 Sounds like keeping the dosage stable for a bit to see if you're responding is a good idea, herbs don't work as fast as medication and tend take longer. I got a higher dose and just take one but it's also in my vitamin/mineral drink, you have me curious now what that dose is I need to do some math! I really hope it IS working for you but glad you're getting better sleep whatever the reason. Hey do you want to come up with a decluttering challenge for us? Like a Fall challenge?

@trooworld Yay for good sleep! I hope the phone can be repaired, good luck! Would your husband or a friend take that class with you?

@TeresaW2024 Aw shoot that's too bad I wish the dog park would work for Maggie. You did great with orange!

Ice Breaker Question
    Funny the practitioner I'm working with had talked to the woman who discussed herbs in the last class and came to me like I'd been hiding my herb experience from her and asked if I'd do some teaching with her yesterday. I told her I'd think about it so that's my first podcast thought as herbs and/or gardening. Not as fun but I don't think the general public knows how far things have swung in the opposite direction for chronic pain patients with the opioid crisis but that IS addressed if you look for it.

@baodekk17724 You may find those topics if you follow numerous groups and not just one though I'm trying to recall a website with all of it. For disability and health Donovan Green addresses a bit. My chronic pain and CRPS groups touch on all of those. I'm not a huge video person I missed when blogs were more popular.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I've never seen tangerine orange zinger, sounds great! I've been curious about Tiesta Teas, so many of theirs sound delicious. I'm glad you're doing the rainbow challenge too! That was very sweet of Hunter I love it. You've always done well when you had plans for things like when you were making ingredients and had them ready to throw together. You got this! Great rainbow!

Hi team! Something's flown into the greenhouse and left eggs on the garden club cabbage, the manager told me she squished worms so I spent awhile going through everything. I'm taking it easy right now and have a bone health class later to go to, one of my friends and her mom is coming so it will be fun to have them there. I'm going early to go over my balance and have a mid-afternoon bath ready so have a great night and awesome Friday!

Rainbow- apple, zucchini (threw it in eggs), lettuce, lemon, almonds, ginger, tumeric, orange, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, peppermint. (have lemon, ginger, tumeric, orange cubes I'm throwing in my water in the mornings for the day).
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    Hi, thought I'd check in. It's the height of ragweed season, so I am having a bit of trouble functioning. Head congestion is making moving uncomfortable and resulting in a bit of a brain fog. My air filters keep me alive, but I feel so much better after sunset, when the pollen clears!

Since moving isn't great for me during the day, I am looking at adding a walk after dark to get some movement then. (My therapist also recommends a daily walk for me, to at least start getting out of the house.) Walking on the treadmill at home instead of the gym may also be a good idea during pollen heavy hours.

I'm trying to work on my eating habits, adding good things, eating less junky foods. Keeping to my calories has been not bad this week (for me). Today I actually craved healthy food! I had a whole grain waffle with yogurt, sunflower seeds, and a banana. Dinner will be chicken, a small potato, and half a plate of veggies.

For the icebreaker question... gosh, hard choice. First choice, a podcast about cats, cause I am NUTS about cats! Discussing them is one of my favorite things. As a second choice, as a history major I'd like to discuss ancient history, but not things like wars. Wars, kings, etc. always get covered! I want to discuss how people lived! I'd love to have people who know more on so I could learn more about ordinary life as well.