Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 313 Member
    WI Monday
    PW 211.8
    CW 214

Sorry I am late.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 360 Member
    I would like to do my weigh in on Thursday, I just came home from the ball park watching the Seattle Mariners get their butt's kicked. Next week, I think I'll be able to get my weigh ins back on time.

I have made some food to freeze and for the most part I've been doing ok. Exercise has been hard with my bad feet and my bursitis in knees, hips, and shoulders, sometimes my elbows. I keep trying though, that really is the best I can do. Life is starting to slow down, so I'm hoping to start checking in more often.

At the baseball park
    0l6c93rnf7bg.jpeg

copb0fl5dt0i.jpeg

The big wheel in downtown Seattle all lit up in pretty red.
    pz49fal4hmsv.jpg

• DrewsAnna
    edited September 11
    A few more pictures of Pink.

ojpgtn48rkyn.jpg

umpb8czbtsvb.jpg

wtgh7o7p3qas.jpg

43r9m3eng22z.jpg

She has so many great talents.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Good morning Slims!

@Jactop - that's a really good tip about the mask.

@FushiaKat - those symptoms are terrible!! I hope antibiotics are the answer. Get well soon! 🙏🏻

@megnolia82 - congrats on the 4-day work week! Are you working 10-hour days, or do you have less hours? Swimming is a great workout, but delayed-onset soreness is usually worse 24 hours later... give yourself a rest day to recover!

@laurelfit57 - Margarita pizza is my favorite, yum! 😋

-Mica
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 11
    trooworld wrote: »
    Discussion question: What challenges or experiences have you encountered in your health journey, and how do you stay motivated along the way?

I really think my biggest challenge remains the Autumn - Christmas holiday season (Sept 1 - January 7), I usually totally lose interest in dieting when my newsfeed is filled with gorgeous photos of delicious cakes, pies, cookies and other desserts, as well as creamy casseroles, stews and soups!

I'm hoping that my cycling version of "10,000 steps" along with being part of "Slimpossibles" will get me through this difficult time period. I've done so well losing since June 1, 2024 (photos of veggie and fruit salads, DON'T have the same effect on me! LOL).

I used to love to go on daily walks, but since my botched left hip repair (2017) and MS diagnosis (2018) there's no joy in it using a Rollator which bothers my arms, along with decreased leg strength, and balance issues which makes me quite afraid on the uneven, old, broken sidewalks and dirt roads of this little country town I now live in! That said, my physical problems are so very small compared to what so many other friends are dealing with at my age of 67 years! I'm thankful!!!

p.s. So glad I don't have loved one "pigging-out" (and tempting me!) on junk food and sugar in the recliner next to me! LOL

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @bhagatcaroline @vegan4lyfe2012 @DrewsAnna
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow to The Following: @askewcr

@DrewsAnna Did you want to weigh in just this week on Thursday or every week? I think you mean just this week which is fine, if you mean for now on let me know as I'd have to report it to have it changed.
  • Katmary71
    @FushiaKat Oh no I hope those antibiotics help you've been down for a few weeks! That sounds awful I hope you're feeling better real fast I'm sorry you're still dealing with this. It sounds like an awful flu.

@megnolia82 Awesome job getting that swim in, I hope your shoulders aren't sore for long! Sounds like some great healthy meals!

@laurelfit57 You sound very busy glad you and Ty are getting good exercise!

@DrewsAnna I love seeing all the great photos! Do you live in Seattle? I think I forgot that, I used to go a lot as my aunts live in Lake Tapps about 30 miles or so away. Those pics of Pink look amazing!

@micaroo4 @Jactop You two have me fascinated by the mask and people staying away if you have one on, I DID make a big circle around a woman with a mask in the grocery store today figuring it would make her feel safe but she could've had COVID too and it helped ME, my mind didn't go there for some reason not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

@trooworld I'm adding some pics at the end I took before and after the ceremony, everyone was laying on blankets and yoga mats with a woman at the front of the room with the singing bowls she played (it was fun to try them). When we walked in they had a hang drum video on YouTube playing I listen to at night which was odd but relaxed me right away. I got a recliner and a a few people were in seats and everyone else lay on the floor with their eyes closed. There were chimes and a didgeridoo (sounds like rain when you tilt it, I think that's the name) but the chime bowls were the best, each bowl was for a different chakra. Yvonne (one I work for) was explaining how different tissues respond to different frequencies and how if you were having say bone issues that calmed during the ceremony it's because those cells are stimulated and heal (a few had arthritis calm down for example). Yep dark room! Good for you on calling a different center that doesn't sound good if you had a complication after surgery to get help. I'm glad you're not doing it with them!

@baodell17724 LOL I've been thinking of Christmas and how I have NO WIGGLE ROOM being up 10lbs from my back fusion at the end of last year, I love baking and having all the holiday treats. I think if you're eating healthier those salads and veggies will start looking good, that's what's happened to me (I still drool at the other stuff though I just try to avoid looking at it). I LOVE my Rollator I avoided mobility equipment for a long time then after my CRPS spread everywhere and I used one I realized I'd been an idiot being stubborn, I have only a couple minutes I'm able to stand so it's truly a blessing. If you're interested in seated exercises let me know, I do chair cardio and strength training seated (I do some standing for legs but not for long.

Hi team! Have a couple crazy days, tonight the charity I'm secretary with is having our public meeting followed by the Board meeting, not a fan of these super long nights. I was at the farm this morning and got in some yard time and some work. Tomorrow night a local restaurant is having a fundraiser for us where a percentage of the sales go to us and I'm setting up for it. Friday after work and Saturday lots of greenhouse stuff with all the trays I started for the garden club being repotted, I'm still waiting to see how many other club members are coming to help. I have the greenhouse in the morning but shouldn't be too bad. Have a great night and happy Thursday!

dvjsgqohu7lk.jpg
    gogstu6zx36v.jpg
    9kbv0wh3ac25.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    Welp, I made the switch from Android to Apple. I couldn’t find any Androids that had good reviews in my price range. I can say this is a learning curve. Maybe I’ll be able to post pictures.
  • micaroo4
    Good morning Slims!

I don't think Rich has covid; it seems to be just a cold, and he seems to be getting better pretty quickly. So far, I'm not sick. But typically when he brings home some disease, I usually get symptoms about a week later. So it's still a wait and see situation.

I had a pretty good day at work yesterday. There was an error on our accounting software. We were able to proceed in spite of the error, but no one from the software company or my 3rd party support service was returning my calls or emails. Finally, around 9:30am, I got a notice that it wasn't just us, it was everyone with Sage 50 accounting software, so they were inundated with calls. I told him we were all logged in, the error message had disappeared, and when I ran reports everything looked just fine, so we were working as usual. Later, I got an email from the software company saying they were working on a permanent solution.

-Mica
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »

@baodell17724 LOL I think if you're eating healthier those salads and veggies will start looking good, that's what's happened to me... I LOVE my Rollator I avoided mobility equipment for a long time then after my CRPS spread everywhere and I used one I realized I'd been an idiot being stubborn... If you're interested in seated exercises let me know, I do chair cardio and strength training seated (I do some standing for legs but not for long.

Yes! Even a salad looks GREAT after you've done a 24-hour fast! LOL Even when my arms hurt after extended use of my Rollator, I am glad to have it, as it's much better support than quad canes and a regular walker.

Yes, I'd love to know what your routine is for seated strength-training. Yesterday, I started doing "10,000 steps" (peddler version) daily, so I now have my cardio covered!
  • micaroo4
    @19shmoo69 - I have an android Samsung A13 with Tracfone as my service provider, and I have no trouble posting photos. My phone was around $120 a couple of years ago, and my service is around $150 per YEAR. I have been able to do everything I want to do with this phone. I've got an iMac computer, so of course I've considered an iPhone, but the price always prevents me.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @baodell17724 Oh the holidays are definitely a challenge! I hope being part of our group and the cycling will help you through the holidays.

@Katmary71 Wow, thank you for that explanation and the pics, that does sound (and look) wonderful! And thanks, I'm glad I called them, too! Sounds like you've got some busy days coming up.

@micaroo4 That's good Rich doesn't have COVID. Fingers crossed you stay healthy. How frustrating to not get your calls or emails returned (but understandable if everyone was experiencing an outage).

Hi all. I'm really glad I went to that consultation yesterday: they seem much more thorough, on top of things, and helpful. I have 3 things I have to do before they submit to insurance for authorization: I have to visit a cardiologist to make sure my heart is good for surgery, I have to get an ultrasound of my gallbladder to make sure I have no stones (if I do, they will take out my gallbladder during my gastric bypass), and I have to get an endoscopy because of my GERD and hiatal hernia issues. They have really good follow-up after surgery: they have an app that you use to track your food and hook up a fitness band to and they check that stuff every day and give you feedback, I get dietician visits (4 times), 3 months worth of vitamins, and a digital food scale and digital body composition scale (I've got both of the two last things but this comes as a package and I cannot refuse any of it). This follow-up is mandatory and at a pretty significant cost but I think it will set me up for success. They also have a support group. I still haven't heard back from my old surgery center, so I think I am making the right decision.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 19shmoo69
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69 - I have an android Samsung A13 with Tracfone as my service provider, and I have no trouble posting photos. My phone was around $120 a couple of years ago, and my service is around $150 per YEAR. I have been able to do everything I want to do with this phone. I've got an iMac computer, so of course I've considered an iPhone, but the price always prevents me.

We use straight talk. I had a moto G power and before that a LG. Neither would allow me to post pix in the community. The process it took for me to post a pic was for to use a web browser instead of the app. I almost also had to use the forgot password option. Which later meant I had to remember it because it be needed for the app. In the browser it was always like a desktop version except palm size, quite tedious. Then there were times I would email myself, find my laptop, download the picture to my computer , login to mfp, find the pic (which sometimes wasn’t easy because it would automatically sort them in a weird way). On a side note I wanted to stay with android but all the reviews of the phones available in my area weren’t good.

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member

@Katmary71 The ceremony pics you posted look awesome. It's fascinating how the body responds to the different frequencies. Did you feel better afterward?

@19shmoo69 Welcome to the Apple Club! I had an Android years ago and found it very clumsy to use. The iPhones are great, and I hope you will love yours. :)

@trooworld That is good that the consultation went well. Wow, you sure do have to do so much before you even get the surgery. Will you have any counseling after the surgery? I would think it would be so important to help you have a successful transition to your new life after the surgery. I’m sure hoping it all goes amazingly well for you! <3 Yay for deciding to get a rebounder. The health benefits are so numerous, and it’s fun! :)

Good morning! Sorry that I didn’t post yesterday, but I was hungover! My sister and I haven’t been drinking in at least two or three months. She came home from her TOPS meeting on Tuesday night with a 12-pack, which we drank while watching the debate. We seem to like to drink when anything significant happens in the political world. :D It was fun staying up late talking, but I sure didn’t feel well yesterday. I did have my Zoom staff meeting last night, and it went well. Other than some talking over each other, it was like I was in the room with them. I have a lot of work stuff to do today, so I better go get Joe up and get my workout done. Y’all have a great day! :)
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 389 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:253
    CW:254.5

Let's go get it!! B)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 164.7
    CW 166.3

@Katmary71 I meant just this week. I want to stay on Wednesday.

I just made some homemade whole wheat everything bagels. I put some smoked salmon cream cheese on one and my oh my, these are some darn good bagels.
    Mmmm 😋 😋

c7t471lvm17o.jpg
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @bhagatcaroline @vegan4lyfe2012
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorow To The Following: @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroehlich @bethanie0825
  • Katmary71
    @19shmoo69 I'm interested to see if you can post pics now! I just sent them to my computer to upload again for the post above yours, I think that's more of a MFP issue as they haven't upgraded the forums in ages.

@micaroo4 I'm so glad Rich is feeling better and you aren't sick, let's hope it stays that way!

@baodell17724 I agree the Rollators are awesome but they are hard on the shoulders and upper back. I have a bad disk compression around the shoulder blade area which makes that challenging. I just started doing this instructor's upper body workouts to add on to my seated cardio and strength videos, here's one of his: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmxmlao4Pdg (just click on his name and it will show all of his) and I use this basic one as a warm-up and upper weights then do a few more I was given from PT (I really love this one): https://youtu.be/WjrNKw4_v1s?si=wvbvPspq7ik076x0 If you want more send me a FR on here and I'll send you a message with all the links. Donovan Green has weighs and resistance bands, he's the only one who has seated lower body strength training but he has good arm and abs too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKKJuGtjOU Others for strength and cardio seated are Carolyn Jordan (she's annoying but has good videos so I mute and play music), Pahla B. HASFit has seated strength training too it's listed under the fun “elderly disabled” stuff https://youtu.be/azv8eJgoGLk?si=50cR4bcHSqfQL9zk

@trooworld I think you'd enjoy the sound bath! I seriously wish you lived by me I think we'd have a blast together, you would've been a dream-come-true college roommate between bookstores and cafes! Wow the consultation went real well and they sound very thorough, I'm so glad you're with them instead of the other one!

@TeresaW2024 Thanks! I did feel great that night. I use a patch for pain and it stops working the day before I change it so that interrupted feeling good. Yikes the debate could definitely make me drink too much!

@askewcr You go!

@DrewsAnna OK good no worries I just wanted to clarify just in case. Those bagels look amazing!

Hi team! We had an interesting board meeting last night, we've been doing our pet festival to raise money for animal shelters with a partner and the relationship between her and our president has gotten real nasty, the partner showed up at our board meeting and we need to decide how to handle it but we had crying and yelling and I'm wondering what else has gone on behind the scenes. Greenhouse this morning went great. I was in a lot of pain last night and only got a few hours of sleep so not feeling well, I'm setting up at the restaurant the fundraiser is at tonight so gotta head out of here in a few and put on my social face for a bit.

Does anyone want to do the Rainbow Challenge with me? @Trooworld do you still have a guide for it? If not no worries I can make one just wanted to check before I do. Rainbow Challenge is adding as much color to your diet as you can such as Red- apples, beets, tomatoes, peppers, watermelon Orange- pumpkin, butternut squash, carrots Yellow- bananas, summer squash, lemons Green- lettuce, limes, spinach, kale, Brussel Sprouts, etc Purple/Blue- eggplant, grapes, blueberries Brown- cinnamon, mushrooms White- garlic, onions. I'm starting today, still trying to keep my diet healthier but I think thinking of things I CAN have will make it easier. Have a great night and Happy Friday!
  • 19shmoo69
    @Katmary71 i would love to do the Rainbow challenge with you…….wait nevermind. (Sigh)