Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    morenin wrote: »
    A little bit frustrated today. Even when I keep my calories under control, my weight bounces up and down. Today it was almost back to 220 lb. even though I've been watching my calories! Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I suspect I will be up, regardless of what I do. It makes me feel out of control, and like I shouldn't try.

You're not alone with being frustrated... we've ALL had those days after stepping on the scale! Our bodies just retain weight depending on the amount of salt in processed food (or even the little we may use in our clean eating). My weight this week has also been bouncing around - up and down. Some days I've been good in drinking a lot of water which flushes fat out of my system... other days not! Don't lose heart and hope, my friend!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,390 Member
    The September Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 15th. Please join us for the Partner Up Walking Challenge we all love and enjoy!! Below is your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10923748/september-week-3-group-challenge-partner-up-walking-challenge#latest

Get registered in the chat thread and provide your team name and partner's name! This should be a fun week! Bring a friend and let's do this!
    Jessica
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,486 Member
    bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW 257
    CW 258
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 245
    C. W. 241
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    Username: baodell17724
    Weigh-in day: Sun
    Starting Weight 6/1/24: 286.2 lbs
    Previous Week's weight: 244.0 lbs
    Today’s Weight: 242.2 lbs

- 1.8 lbs

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @morenin There are no requirements to post or keep up here, no worries! Please don't stress about that. As far as the scale goes, it's fickle! Try to pay attention to your NSVs (non-scale victories). I encourage you to keep track of your NSVs so that when the scale DOES go up, you can look back at your NSVs and be proud of your progress. I have a journal I keep mine in as well as I keep them on my phone in the Notes app. My NSVs can be very simple but things I am proud of: ordered a grain bowl for lunch, had a small frozen yogurt instead of a large. Or, they can be bigger: climbed a mountain!

@865jessica Congrats on the loss!

@lislisa123 AWESOME!!! Congratulations! You really are doing great. :D

@19shmoo69 Wow, Darren, you are really handy, aren't you? That's awesome! I'm sure that will come in handy in the winter. And congrats on the loss!

@baodell17724 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. My husband and I were out and about the whole day. By the time dinner rolled around, I realized the kitchen was a mess and I did not want to both clean the kitchen and cook and my DH refused to clean the kitchen. So, we got pizza. Today will be another busy day. I'm meeting a friend for coffee, going grocery shopping, then going to a bookstore for a book discussion and more coffee. I'm going to try to do some crafting today. Yesterday, I did manage to make a Halloween craft.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    @trooworld my only advice on the rebounder is to get one that is highly rated and isn’t too cheaply made. The BCAN I got from Amazon is a good rebounder, and I will let you know if you like it. :) My mom loves her new diet, but I wonder how long it will last. For instance, we have two eating events at the church next month. Then there are the holidays. But she is doing this for her health, so she just might stick to it. Time will tell. :) Have a fun Sunday!

@morenin, unfortunately, there is much more to losing weight than just tracking calories. Did you eat overly processed things, and did you retain water from that food? Have you been exercising extra, and have you been retaining water? You mention that your life is overwhelming. That can raise your Cortisol and make it harder to lose weight. Be gentle with yourself and try to focus on making healthy choices and the scale will catch up. :)

@19shmoo69 This is a great-looking firewood shed for a man who doesn’t have many carpentry skills. :)

Good morning! It's a cool, rainy day here. My great-nieces stayed the night again so they could come to church with us. They are so much fun to have around. However, Maggie doesn’t seem as happy. She is so jealous of these girls. :D Not much else going on. I might use my rebounder later this afternoon to get in some movement. Have a blessed day!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 555 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146.6
    CW: 146.4

• morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    Username: morenin
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 214.7
    CW: 216.7

+2
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 198 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:227.2
    CW: 227.2

No movement for another week.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 360 Member
    Lol... I accidentally had Avery healthy breakfast. Hubby wanted creamed chipped beef and I don't really like it. So, I had one of my homemade bagels with smoked salmon cream cheese and a tomato wheel. 1/4 avocado, an egg, and an orange.

rep1jjbqq3fy.jpg

93aksgkug8fr.jpg

It was so darn good. 😋😋

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 555 Member
    Sorry folks, I am playing catch-up once again.

@19shmoo69 your pup is so cute!! I'm liking that you can post pictures, that's a great firewood shed.

@katmary71 love your pictures, is that in a yoga studio? I'm so glad that your charity event went well! I love days when I can just putter♥️

@trooworld it sounds like they are being very thorough before your surgery. That is very interesting that they take your gallbladder out if there are any stones. The aftercare also sounds very thorough, sounds like you are in good hands! I too am enjoying the cooler weather, it's nice to put on hoodies! Really hope that physical therapy helps! That's a lot, 4 to 6 times a week. Thanks for the reminder, I need to book my shots :-).

@TeresaW2024 I love how you and your sister support each other in the good, the bad and the booze🤣.

@DrewsAnna those bagels look delicious!

@txcritter i'm so glad that training is going well with Diesel! Sounds like Diesel reverted to a little hearding behavior. I have to watch for that with Ty, when she was a couple months old she nipped at my calves a couple of times, I definitely don't want that around my grandkids.

@Cornanda that's great that your son was able to move out. How are you doing?

I did not have a stellar week for tracking. I did a bunch of meal prep yesterday, I have a couple more things to get done today so I won't have an excuse for picking up food on the way home from training. I went with my daughter this morning to a Penjing workshop. Instead of giving each other gifts of things we do something where we can go spend time together. So this was my daughter's birthday present this year. I'm not very artistic but it turned out OK lol.
    I am still an amazing sleeper, I wake up to over 700 activity points every morning🤣. MFP says it is a Fitbit problem and Fitbit is saying absolutely nothing.
    On to a new week, my goal is to get back to tracking!
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE TODAY:@megnolia82 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @bhagatcaroline
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The FollowingL @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 15
    @trooworld - His leaving probably does not. He had to eat my healthy meals and keep snacks in his room. :) I hope that PT will help your knee, and glad you have things moving on the surgery.

@morenin- I've been there many times and it doesn't feel good. When I tell myself that I am a healthier person for exercising and eating healthier- focus on my overall health- then I don't get as upset when the scale is stuck. Different things work for different people though. :)

@865jessica - Yay protein. Glad you are feeling better.

@lislisa123 - congrats! That's amazing!

@19shmoo69 - I think your shed looks awesome!

@DrewsAnna - Yum!

@laurelfit57 - I'm doing well thank you for asking, I was a bit up and down before he left because I get emotional about endings, but now I'm just happy for him. It is a great idea to spend time together. I'm going to keep that in mind for my two.

@teresaw2024- Sounds like Maggie is being dramatic. Dogs are good at that. How is her leg doing? I'm glad the pastor went along with your requests.

Wishing everyone a good week!

Lisa
  • Katmary71
    @Cornanda Congratulations to your son on moving out! How are you feeling about it?

@trooworld Once a week for PT is reasonable, I read that wrong and thought it was 4-6 times a week at first! Dinner sounds yummy for yesterday! Oh I'm hoping to hear you went to water aerobics and fought the fear! You need some sassy music in headphones to walk through that door. I'd love to see your Halloween craft! Have fun at the bookstore that should be a good time.

@morenin Don't feel bad just check in when you can, we're always happy to hear from you when you're able to post.

@865jessica I think you're going to do awesome this week, keep feeling better!

@lisalisa123 Congratulations hitting the 200s! 285 here you come!

@baodell17724 Love your advice to @morenin !

@19shmoo69 Want to partner up for the walking challenge again? The firewood stand looks awesome! I need you to visit and build me garden beds!

@TeresaW2024 All this rebounder talk has me wanting to try one, I HAD a cheap one ages ago but when I started going to the functional medicine clinic a woman there kept trying to get me to give it a shot and I didn't want to. Go Mom I'm impressed! Is she being strict with it? Poor Maggie lol, animals are so funny. Asher's been incredibly relaxed the last two weeks since my roommate moved out, he's always laying on his back somewhere and he's a skittish cat!

@DrewsAnna Yum looks very healthy!

@laurelfit57 Thanks! I'm not sure if yoga classes are at that studio, they do frequency-type medicine, vibration plates, sound healing so yoga would fit in. I signed up to be kept up to date on the events. I love experience gifts, the workshop sounds fascinating do you learn how to shape plants?

Hi team! Sorry for not posting much this weekend, yesterday the garden club repotted all the seedlings and I worked in the yard when I got home. Today I got the charity minutes done and ran errands plus went to the greenhouse to reorganize and straighten up. Doing a little better with diet but not great. Speaking of.....

Red: tomatoes, cranberries
    Orange: pepper, carrot, mango, pumpkin
    Yellow:
    Green: lettuce
    Blue/Purple: eggplant
    White: garlic
    Brown: almonds
    Black: olives
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,461 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    b4ay0pe8djs1.png
    wfyl84wh9ejr.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4ae6z7z246bk.png

By Pounds
    brh9biogjn2u.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    rup9wrf34o9c.png

By Pounds
    v50m625zuq49.png
    vvtpf1woaggx.png

Team Winners
    35kdy6vn6ugm.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    8cjllqri5gf7.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    @Katmary71 this one caught me off guard. I’ve already teamed up with someone. If I had a way for my wife and I to get there I would definitely build you some garden beds.