Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 305 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 264
    CW: 263

I was on vacation and forgot :( sorry
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Congratulations to our biggest losers - @megnolia82 , @maryirisfroehlich , @lislisa123
    gxf3hf5etkqj.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    Congrats to the whole team achieving 2nd place by pounds and 3rd place by percentage! A special shout-out goes to @megnolia82 @maryirisfroehlich and @lislisa123 for leading the way!!! WOO HOO!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! I was looking at the BCAN but then my husband and I were watching reviews on YouTube and I think I will get the 350Pro Jumpsport afterall. I'll just have to wait until January when I get more money from work for fitness equipment. I hope your mom sticks with the new diet. That's good she likes it. Thanks! Poor Maggie. She's used to being an only child! LOL

@laurelfit57 Yes, and I really appreciate the thoroughness. Yeah, the other place woudn't check for stones or take my gallbladder out. The new place said that there is an increased risk for gallstones after the surgery because of the rapid weightloss and once you have them, you can't get rid of them so that's why they check. It was really nice here yesterday: misting and cool. I almost had to wear a light jacket! Lol Oh no, sorry, 4 to 6 times total, once a week for the physical therapy. Yes, that would have been a lot lol. That's good you meal prepped setting yourself up for success. What's a Penjing workshop? That's good you spend time with each other. I heard Google is getting rid of part of the Fitbit line: https://www.tomsguide.com/wellness/smartwatches/google-just-killed-off-fitbit-smartwatches-and-nobody-should-be-surprised

@Cornanda Ah I see. Thank you! Have a great week, too!

@Katmary71 So did @laurelfit57 maybe it was the way I worded it lol. I did not go to water aerobics but it was because my husband dragged me all around town lol. I will post my Halloween craft below. I love it! The booktalk at the bookstore was really fun. It was very community-oriented: everyone seemed to know everyone else and they were very friendly. I loved it! You've been busy (as usual!)! Good job with the challenge.

@davors19 I hope you enjoyed your vacation, good job losing even after a vacation!

Hi all. My new surgery center sent me a tracking app to use (Baritastic, it is specific to bariatric patients). I am tracking 100% honestly and I can see why I've been gaining weight. I started using it on Saturday: 2,787 cals was my total. Sun: 2,364 cals. Today should be better. Weekends have been bad lately as far as eating goes as sometimes we go out for a beer and there is usually some sort of dessert or pizza. I made chili in the Instant Pot last night for dinner, it came out really well. I used dried beans. I also made beer bread which was really good. I've made that before, it's a favorite.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 This is the Halloween craft I made. It's a bat lantern! I made it with my Cricut.

9609sk93zq0o.jpg
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Sept 15
    SW 175
    PW 167.8
    CW 168.6

I am sorry it's late. I got busy yesterday and forgot.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 855 Member
    Weigh in megnolia82 Sept 15

Good morning folks!

It is SO beautiful here today. Sorry im late on the weigh in this week. Had a good week, getting active every morning.

SW: 228
    PW: 211
    CW: 212.4

Have a good one!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    @Cornanda Maggie is doing very well and wants to run and jump so bad. We go for her final 12-week check up and I’m really hoping the surgeon says she can resume her life. She also has a grooming appointment for Wednesday because she has NEVER looked so bad. :D

@Katmary71 You need to jump on the rebounder bandwagon!! :D I’m glad Asher is so relaxed. I know you are, too. :)

@trooworld Congratulations on deciding to go with the JumpSport 350 Pro!! It's a bummer you must wait, but it won’t be long. After the surgery, rebounding will be a great addition to your life. How does your husband feel about your surgery? He is going to be losing his eating and drinking buddy to a large extent. Is he on board and supportive? I sure hope so! Such a cute Halloween lantern! :)

Good morning! I’m about to leave to take Joe to his primary care doctor. I’m sure she will give him the flu shot today. There's not much going on today after that. I need to make a menu for the week and get my Walmart order put in. I am loving having my groceries ordered. I have stepped into Walmart in over a month. Have a great day! :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,209 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Mondays
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 203.8 (2 weeks ago)
    CW: 210.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    I don't know what my problem is. I want to quit. Hunter's husband's job gets them a good discount at a private health club, so Hunter added me onto their family plan. They do daycare in 2 hour blocks, so she signed Byron & Brayden up for this evening from 5:00 to 7:00 so she and I can swim laps. I don't want to go. But I know I need to. Fingers crossed my swimsuit still fits...

Sorry about the pessimism. It's the MDD & ADHD fighting in my brain.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE LOG WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty @bhagatcaroline @AmbersWay @Jactop
    Reminder To Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following: @FushkiaKat (hope you're feeling better this week!)

@davors19 You were put on the drop list for no weigh in, I've asked in the Captain's Lounge to have you moved back.

Great job Mission Slimpossibles on 2nd and 3rd place! You're amazing @megnolia82 @maryirisfroehlich @lislisa123 !

@trooworld I absolutely love that lantern! Chili sounds delicious I've been craving it too with the weather changes. We have some dark clouds so I'm wondering if it will rain now. Weekends and being social is hard with diet.

@TeresaW2024 Good luck with Joe and the flu shot! I love being able to order or do pick up with groceries talk about a game-changer! I do like picking them out the most but there's times when that's not an option.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Maybe you need a new challenge like the gym tonight? I haven't been doing the best either, hopefully we'll both get ourselves back on track soon!

Hi team! Having a relaxing day, the practitioner is being flaky lately so I didn't work but went to the greenhouse instead, the garden club seedlings are super happy after being transferred the lettuce has grown a lot in the last few days in it's bigger pots. I got some medical appointments and referrals dealt with, frustrating how slow everything is. I'm meeting the practitioner soon and have Bible Study tonight so I wanted to catch up now. My current rainbow is only ginger and blueberries from my kombucha.

Does anyone have ideas on what to do with overcooked zucchini? I was making it to put this Italian pesto (has tomatoes and cheese) over and forgot it was in the oven and it cooked at 415 for an hour. My bestie was being too good of a listener and I was venting about work and stuff with the charity and completely spaced it. I saw Stanley Tucci has a pasta sauce recipe with overcooked zucchini so I may try to do that with it but I was trying to avoid pasta which is why I made zucchini. Either that or soup? Have a great one!

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 313 Member
    WI Monday

PW 214
    CW 214

Only doing WI these days. I have had doctors appts these last 2 weeks, and now prepping to travel. Hopefully at some point things will settle down.

Hoping you all are doing great.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 716 Member
    Weigh In: Monday
    SW 225
    PW 192.8
    CW 194.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    @laurelfit57 @trooworld - your crafts are GORGEOUS!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 I'm glad to hear Maggie is doing well (I saw your reply to Cornanda). Hopefully the surgeon clears her! Thank you, yeah, I've got enough going on right now so I guess I can wait lol. My husband is excited for my surgery because there are actually a lot of adventures I have to pass on and he does by himself because I can't do them: he goes on walking adventures throughout the city and he goes to the zoo by himself. I can't wait to be able to do these things, too! I haven't been to the zoo for about 4 months, my knee is just too bad. He is on board and supportive, I am lucky! Thank you! I love Walmart grocery pick-up so much, it's so draining to go into Walmart and shop lol. Although I did go this past weekend and I got the cutest Halloween black cat decoration!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Big HUGS, my friend. I hear your darkness and I see you. I'm sorry you are struggling. Is there anything I can do to help you? That's good that Hunter added you on the health club. I hope you go swim laps, that would be a good stress reliever.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I am also going to be making an owl lantern and a spider lantern when I have time. The chili was so satisfying! Yeah, I am enjoying the weather lately. Weekends are SO hard! I didn't know you could grow lettuce in the fall but that makes sense. Maybe I'll plant some! You could make a zucchini puree soup with the zucchini. Here are a couple of recipes:
    Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup - http://meljoulwan.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/
    Skinnytaste's Cream of Zucchini Soup - https://www.skinnytaste.com/cream-of-zucchini-soup-1-ww-point/

@laurelfit57 LOL! I LOVE your moss art! It is so balanced and pretty. I'm sorry you are still experiencing Fitbit problems. Hopefully they fix it soon! I don't like the Baritastic tracker as much as MFP: I make a lot of recipes and MFP I can import the recipe easy peasy. But the new app, I have to add in each ingredient by hand which is a pain. Thank you! How are the pups? I'm glad you found some balance with their classes.

@Cornanda Thank you!

Hi all. I was able to schedule my gallbladder ultrasound for the beginning of October, so I'm one step closer to being approved for surgery. It has been nice weather here the past 3 or so days: low to mid-70s with some misty rain. Much better than the hot weather we were having, although it is supposed to warm up again this weekend.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I know you are struggling, but you need to work on your all-or-nothing mentality. Life is hard right now, so cut yourself some slack! Do what you can for yourself and think about health over just weight on the scale. I hope you swim. It will be good for you physically and mentally. ((((Hugs)))) <3

@Katmary71 That is some seriously overcooked zucchini! :D My mom and I used to eat this canned zucchini that was in a tomato base broth. It was very good, so maybe try something like that. :)

@laurelfit57 I have found that I do a lot less impulse shopping, too! However, I also forget things when doing online shopping that I would naturally pick up when in the store in person. That little moss pot is so cute!! What a fun thing to do with your daughter. :)

@trooworld I’m so happy that your husband is on board with you and that you are both looking forward to having lots of fun adventures together. I paid the yearly subscription, and they bring the food to my door. Very convenient! Although I might go in person this week just to do some browsing for any cute fall shirts that might be worth my attention. Yayy for your weather being cooler. Ours is, too, and I’m loving it! :)

Good morning! I haven’t worked out in two days, and my body is craving some movement, so I will do a good workout this morning. I’m not really happy unless most of my muscles are crying from lifting. :D Maggie has an afternoon appointment with her surgeon, and then I’m taking her to the church to do some quick office work while Joe is taking his nap. She will enjoy running around and having new smells to investigate. Have a great day! :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012

Gotta take a quick second to show off some of my loves - My son turned 29 on Friday, so we visited him on Saturday. Here he is holding his daughter, Sophie, and nephew Oliver. Oh my heart!
    9o2qtrxikr37.jpg

Yes, I went to the fitness club last night. I'm super out of shape and when I re-downloaded Map My Walk, it had been 3 years since I last used it. I ended up doing 20 minutes swimming laps, 15 minutes walking the track, 1 minute on the elliptical, and 6 sets on arm machines (whatever they are called). It's not a lot, but it was definitely better than nothing...so I finally had a No Zero Day. I took carrots with me to the movie last night (took my mom to see The Front Room), but still ate popcorn. However, I ate way less than I typically would. So that was a win, too. After work today I plan on going to Wally World to pick up a bunch of Ben's rice pouches. I find that I do really good at work for lunchtime when I have everything in my food cabinet or mini fridge (hidden under my secondary desk lols) ready to go. Lunches are on repeat, but it works - half of the rice, half cup of beans, about a cup of whatever canned veg I'm in the mood for...all topped with Herdez Guacamole Salsa. 6 point lunch and keeps me so full. Now I just need to work on preplanning dinners so I stay on track. Can't let Hunter's whims derail me all the time. I'm off to do a little journaling. My therapist tasked me with listing my barriers to consistency. Then I have to rank the top 3. Don't want to disappoint him.

Don't forget to stay hydrated! Can't wait for fall weather!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I feel like I need to share a little about myself. You can say it’s a secondary introduction. In my pre-marriage days I was a hair stylist. In the early years of marriage my wife loved it. I could do her hair, nails, toes, makeup and had an eye for fashion. All that only when she would ask. I could and can cook, clean and do laundry. All that sounds like a positive but I had a bunch of negativity and anger issues. When I was up the world was great place. When I was down….. I could do nothing right. Why am I here? I’m worthless! Fast forward a couple of decades and my wife figures out I have gluten problem. During that time I saw on the news that modern American flour has a cocaine effect on the body. Not that it causes a high but it causes an addiction feeling and severe mood swings and even withdrawal. I went gluten free cold turkey. It vastly changed our family dynamic. During that time frame I had thought nobody gets me. Nobody understands me. Then I saw an episode of Scorpion. It’s about geniuses that help save the world. In the episode the lead genius failed at something. When he did he was ready to close the group, leave area and just stop doing everything. My first thought was that’s me. I have those thoughts and act that way. I had to learn that failure does not mean I am a failure. It means I have another opportunity to redo the problem, to learn from it and or teach others how to learn from it. I have had opportunities to share this with people who struggle with inner anger. Their first statement is but I can’t give up bread and pasta. I never say it’s the answer I just say it was mine.
    Well there it is, more about me. Have a blessed day! You have been prayed for today.

@19shmoo69 - Love learning more about you! The father of my children is a hair stylist. He still offers to do my hair for free (although I don't take him up on it) and, of course, does theirs. Here he is straightening Syd's while she holds Oliver.
    hf6h33n6sfme.jpg

I am extremely interested in the effect that gluten had on you. Thank you for sharing...I'll be going down an internet rabbit hole with this.

YOU have a blessed day, too!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,942 Member
    What a busy day. My son-in-law and I picked 12 big bins of tomatoes. Then I smoked chicken thighs for supper and making bone broth and canning it. Hope everyone has a great night